The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

3 hardest titles to earn in-game?

Grandchamp1989
Grandchamp1989
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
What would you guys say is the 3 hardest titles to earn in-game?

All in terms of time played, skills and knowledge of the game..

Link to titles:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Titles
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    griphon heart
    godslayer
    stainless siege-breaker or arguably tik tok tormentor because of the bad optimized vHOF
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fang lair trifecta because you can't defeat 3rd boss without group member crashing
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Angler. It isn't hard but the time it takes makes it the most difficult.
    Options
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

not sure if serious or not
    but i think thats wrong. everyone with enough time in hand can get masterangler. but not everyone with enough time can get trifectas in DLC trials.
    my opinion
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture Superstore, for knowing all craftable furniture plans in the game, which is a title I just made up because furniture crafting is the profession that ZOS forgot existed and thus has no achieves beyond the ones for knowing a relative handful of plans.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »

but i think thats wrong. everyone with enough time in hand can get masterangler. but not everyone with enough time can get trifectas in DLC trials.
    my opinion

You can practice, get better gear or more help in trials. For fishing, all you can do is use atreum (spelling) food and that's it. You can't gold out your fishing poll for that extra 1%.
    Options
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    Grand Master Crafter has to be up there for time & cost?
    Options
  • AshfieldLad
    AshfieldLad
    ✭✭✭
    I had GMC at lvl 450cp, certainly don’t have the trial titles yet and I’m now 780. It takes a lot of time to find bargain price motifs but it’s doable before you are anywhere near max cp(unless you only purposely grind cp points all the way up)
    Options
  • stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Godslayer
    Gryphon Heart
    The Unchained

I think those three have the highest combinations of time to learn, game knowledge and skill requirements.
    Edited by stevenyaub16_ESO on November 27, 2020 9:16AM
    Options
  • AshfieldLad
    AshfieldLad
    ✭✭✭
    Technically you need godslayer to get hand of alkosh title so that would be at least equally as hard :wink:
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

my opinion

You can practice, get better gear or more help in trials. For fishing, all you can do is use atreum (spelling) food and that's it. You can't gold out your fishing poll for that extra 1%.

Angler is more tedius but not harder. There's only one mechanic to learn.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 27, 2020 8:29AM
    Options
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master Angler can literally be achieved by pressing one button over and over, while watching a movie or something.

The trial titles actually take effort, and not just time invested. Even if we're going by time, Grand Master Crafter can take just as long.
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since OP is asking what we consider the hardest to get and not which title requires the most skill....

Master Angler: because RNG is atrocious, for me at least. Took me 1 month to complete Stormhaven of a daily 2-3 hour fishing. Dab fish wouldnt drop with Artaeum food used too. I personally gave up trying to get the title.

Godslayer

Gryphonheart

Tick Tock Tormentor

The trial titles are hard but everything is doable if you have time to invest in practice and people with the same goals to play and practice with.
    Options
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically probably "Emperor" as there are only max 4 players on each Server who can have this title at once (not Former Emperor).
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have seen severaly Godslayers in Game, Severaly Master Anglers, and even the occasional former Emperor.

But I have never, ever seen any Count/Countess. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Countess The prrequisites for this are just so high, that either nobody seems to bother to try it or nobody cares enough to wear the title. Admittedly, it does not require skill, just money!
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • NEMESIS_97
    NEMESIS_97
    ✭✭✭

my opinion

But every casual can get it..try godslayer with casuals..and you can fish alone..try to get trifecta trials alone...try to get help for ttt:)..for fishing you only need time..every ppl can get that...for trifectas...you need way more things..plus your huge input...countless hours on training with dummy..on actual thing..for fish..just make tea and fish
    Edited by NEMESIS_97 on November 27, 2020 9:16AM
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I have seen severaly Godslayers in Game, Severaly Master Anglers, and even the occasional former Emperor.

But I have never, ever seen any Count/Countess. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Countess The prrequisites for this are just so high, that either nobody seems to bother to try it or nobody cares enough to wear the title. Admittedly, it does not require skill, just money!

I'm actually working on that one! Going the gold route because I'm not spending that much on crowns with this performance. :D
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the trial trifectas, not only because it's hard in and of itself, but also because you need to find 11 more people and coordinate 'till you get them
    Options
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Empress, that was my most difficult title to achieve. Master Angler, yes I have that too, but that didn't involve 3 days of 17 hours of effort and little else. That was done over a couple of years.

Trial titles... being older I don't have good reflexes, and as I live in Australia and can't find any guild with a number of people in my timezone to run trials, there's not much point in me joining a prog group, even in the guild I'm a member of that regularly does vet trials. I don't do dummy parses as I feel they're pointless. So yeah. That content is largely inaccessible due to age and location. And attitude too, I guess, if I'm honest.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    Options
  • Jeirno
    Jeirno
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muzza45 wrote: »
    Grand Master Crafter has to be up there for time & cost?

got it after 1 year of playing, super easy.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When it comes to achievements that requires mostly time to get , grand overlord takes more time then master angler. From achievements that consume mostly time master angler is not that hard or elite tbh. There are people who even specialize with memes around that achievement like getting it on 15+ characters , getting it on low lv character (lv 10 or 12 was the record I think) or getting it as fast as possible (people get it in less then a week). Try that with other time consuming achievements like grand master crafter or grand overlord.
    Edited by Juhasow on November 27, 2020 12:40PM
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have GMC on 4 characters and Master Angler on 2 characters, but I don't have Godslayer on any. GMC and MA are not "hard" they're either time consuming and/or gold consuming. My 2nd Master angler only took about 40 hours of game time with Artaeum, it was significantly less than getting it the first time around on my main.

Anyways, I'd say

Godslayer (along with Hand of Alkosh)
    The Unchained
    True Genius

in that order
    Edited by tmbrinks on November 27, 2020 12:32PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

my opinion

But do You really need that 1% extra of something when fishing ? When it comes to fishing requirements to "master" it are basically equal to zero and 1% from zero is still a zero.

Let's assume two players with equall skillset started to play today. One wants to get master angler second wants to get godslayer , guess which one will achieve his goal first ? Also compare amount of preparation (gear , gold , skill lines etc) , practice and knowledge both will have to get to achieve their goals. In that comparison master angler looks almost like free to get.
    Edited by Juhasow on November 27, 2020 12:58PM
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This one has clanmother, that require purchase of the serenity fall estate 3.7 M gold.
    Got some questions about the title over the years, love it even if it make Khajiit feel a bit old.

Total price for Countess is around 11.5 millions, plenty of players with enough gold for it and it goes well with the Countess personality. Unfortunately for the maie orcs with the personality their title will be Count :wink:

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

my opinion

But do You really need that 1% extra of something when fishing ? When it comes to fishing requirements to "master" it are basically equal to zero and 1% from zero is still a zero.

Let's assume two players with equall skillset started to play today. One wants to get master angler second wants to get godslayer , guess which one will achieve his goal first ?

thats a pretty bad example to be honest (at least if you dont specify that skill level), since if they are both already good players at the start then it might actually be possible to get trial achievements faster than master angler, because master angler just consumes so much time
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    - Grand Master Crafter - requires a large amount of gold (fastest mode) or dedication/rng blessing (cheapest mode)
    - Master Angler - requires dedication and rng blessing
    - All titles related to dungeons and trials hard modes/no death/speed runs due to how dungeon's n trial's state atm.
    (...) I have never, ever seen any Count/Countess (...)
    I have already accomplished that title on PS4 EU (my main account) :D
    And I've seen several players with the title on all the servers I play at (PS4 EU NA and PC EU)

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »

my opinion

Let's assume two players with equall skillset started to play today. One wants to get master angler second wants to get godslayer , guess which one will achieve his goal first ?

thats a pretty bad example to be honest (at least if you dont specify that skill level), since if they are both already good players at the start then it might actually be possible to get trial achievements faster than master angler, because master angler just consumes so much time

Even if You're really good player at the beggining but You've started Your journey with ESO today it'll still take You more time to get godslayer , because amount of preperation needed for that (farming levels and skill lines , farming CP, farming gold , farming gear , finding a group , learning game mechanics etc) takes more time then gettin master angler. I've stated in my comparison that both players started to play today so even at very high skill level some time still will be required to know the game better. Having high skill is one thing , preparing a background for that skill to be used is another.
    Edited by Juhasow on November 27, 2020 1:01PM
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Godslayer (Hand of Alkosh) is arguably the hardest one to get. Usually, tri-fectas are hard to get because of combination of hard mode + no-death. Speed run comes alone without special effort. But in case of Godslayer, time frame is so tight that even Speed run plays role. And this specific tri-fecta is unaffordably expensive to buy carry run (around 260M gold) and even if you buy carry run, it won't be done legit way. Carry runs for Godslayer, Dawnbringer and Tick-Tock Tormentor involve providing your credentials to carry run provider which is against ToS.

Of course, the next hardest are Dawnbringer (KA trifecta) and Tick-Tock Tormentor (HoF trifecta). Also Gryphon Heart is really hard to get, but you can buy a carry run for this without providing your credentials, that's why I wouldn't put it on the list.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on November 27, 2020 1:12PM
    Options
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any title involving a trial. Why? Without Discord even casual social guilds won't let you participate during a slow learning run of the trial.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA