The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Today's console Update 28 question (are the Nov. 4th hot fixes included or no?)

DragonRacer
DragonRacer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, knowing that console patches - at least for PS4 - have to go through a certification process before they're approved and put up. Not knowing how far in advance that happens and/or if changes can get slipped in during the process if needed...

Of these known issues that broke things on PC (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551180/ ), the ones that say they have already been fixed with hot fixes... are those hot fixes already in today's console update we're currently downloading? Or will we be waiting for additional patching to fix those besides whenever we would get the update PC has scheduled for Nov. 16th?

Asking so I know whether it will be safe to quest or not in the new zone without endlessly falling through a floor and needing support to retrieve my character, is largely my main concern. I've already resigned myself to knowing my werewolf main will be broken until some later date. :/
PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would assume they would be, but I would go in with a moderate amount of trepidation when questing.

Also it's not just werewolves from before the patch, they also affect fresh ones too according to what I was seeing in zone the last few days. Soul Trap and Crit Surge are also affected, so be wary of those as well.

Good luck. I hate that I have to say it, just because I know you guys are going to need it.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always dread this awkward "limbo state" between PC & console releases, 'cause hot-fixes that make it to PC, never make it into our update - we just get the same broken patch, regardless of how many known issues it has. Happens every time, and it doesn't make sense.

S.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    I would assume they would be, but I would go in with a moderate amount of trepidation when questing.

Also it's not just werewolves from before the patch, they also affect fresh ones too according to what I was seeing in zone the last few days. Soul Trap and Crit Surge are also affected, so be wary of those as well.

Good luck. I hate that I have to say it, just because I know you guys are going to need it.

Well, I mean, last week's maintenance reintroduced our wonderful random blue screen bug (aka application suddenly closing for no reason and giving a blue software error screen) and any posts about it in General Discussion are being locked and swept away again just like the last time that happened post-Dragonhold update, so... yeah, my expectations on console are already bottom of the barrel.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, I mean, last week's maintenance reintroduced our wonderful random blue screen bug (aka application suddenly closing for no reason and giving a blue software error screen) and any posts about it in General Discussion are being locked and swept away again just like the last time that happened post-Dragonhold update, so... yeah, my expectations on console are already bottom of the barrel.

Yeah, lately there seems to be a lot of old bugs that've oddly popped back up with the update too. I hate to hear that about the blue screens though. As for them locking those threads, I'm not exactly surprised. That side of the staff is in dire need of a performance audit, but it's never going to happen. :(
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m gonna say no, but it will be apparent in about 4 hours time when/if LA weaving is broken 😂
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »
    I’m gonna say no, but it will be apparent in about 4 hours time when/if LA weaving is broken 😂
    Well that one is not fixed on PC yest so yes fun times.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina said in another thread that it will be a more recent patch after hotfix but not the most up to date patch. I cant remember the patch number but I think the comment is in the stickied thread about console getting update 1 day earlier than expected (ironic as it is as the game is broken)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let’s put it this way if they fixed something then how many others things have they broke due to that
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We were able to get some of the hotfixes from PC included in today's console update, but some (including the Light Attack weaving issue) will be present. We have a list of known issues included in the patch notes, which will be published soon.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • fatmanatcomp
    fatmanatcomp
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the extra day of [snip] then. Maybe not release the patch until you fix the problems? Noooooooo have it a day early 😂😂

[Edited to remove Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 10, 2020 2:32PM
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to be rude, but why don't you just postpone it?

I mean, bringing out a DLC knowing that it is bugged is like bringing out unprepared food:

"Here is your pizza, is still raw and partly forzen, but we delivered in 30mins just to make it on time"
    "Oh, and here is a list off all the posionous substances still present that we know of. Just eat it and we will keep cooking the other side meanwhile"

This does not rise the quality of the product. I am pretty sure no one will mind (at least no the players) the wait for a quality product.
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Dude. Keep your patch. We didn’t want you to release it with the light attack bug. You are not going to have a console incremental for weeks. We don’t want this.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, knowing that console patches - at least for PS4 - have to go through a certification process before they're approved and put up. Not knowing how far in advance that happens and/or if changes can get slipped in during the process if needed...

Of these known issues that broke things on PC (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551180/ ), the ones that say they have already been fixed with hot fixes... are those hot fixes already in today's console update we're currently downloading? Or will we be waiting for additional patching to fix those besides whenever we would get the update PC has scheduled for Nov. 16th?

Asking so I know whether it will be safe to quest or not in the new zone without endlessly falling through a floor and needing support to retrieve my character, is largely my main concern. I've already resigned myself to knowing my werewolf main will be broken until some later date. :/

I'm sure the crown store fix will be included. That's the most important one to some :frowning:
  • Jolsyf
    Jolsyf
    ✭✭✭
    lmao imagine forcing an update that breaks the game just because "its the schedule", console players have it rough...
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Jolsyf wrote: »
    lmao imagine forcing an update that breaks the game just because "its the schedule", console players have it rough...

Not only forced, but expedited for the launch of next gen consoles. What a bizarre strategy.
  • xAarionx
    xAarionx
    ✭✭✭
    The werewolf morph is a critical one
    It should be on the priorities list, and be fixed as ASAP, it' shouldn't be scheduled.
    People who play werewolf build ar currenctly unable to play the game propperly
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We were able to get some of the hotfixes from PC included in today's console update, but some (including the Light Attack weaving issue) will be present. We have a list of known issues included in the patch notes, which will be published soon.

So console gets fixes before PC for a change?
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So knowingly releasing a patch that we've told you, and other developers several times in;
    • The PTS in the feedback tab.
    • The PTS forums in Feedback threads.
    • The Live feedback tab.
    • Here on the forums with more bug report threads
    • Reddit.
    • Twitter.

Not to mention other bug reports console users are experiencing that your moderation team has locked without reason according to some console users, @ZOS_GinaBruno this is absolutely unacceptable. There is a clear need for not only an audit of your moderation staff, but a serious need to start thinking about the long-term of the game instead of the short-term content. There's absolutely no excuse for this mess.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

I think she means the light attack bug will be present in console release because it could not be hotfixed. Only the hotfixed PC items will be fixed at launch on consoles. I guess we will find out for sure in a few hours.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

I think she means the light attack bug will be present in console release because it could not be hotfixed. Only the hotfixed PC items will be fixed at launch on consoles. I guess we will find out for sure in a few hours.

That sentence is weirdly constructed where the main subject "Hotfixes" appears to be referred to in the dependent clause. She should really qualify what will be present, fix or bug--I wish they'd get their communication straight for once.
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    The bug is there. The light attack bug is present. Meaning - the patch includes the bug. Not a fix.
    Apparently ZOS has no fix for it yet.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the extra day of [snip] then. Maybe not release the patch until you fix the problems? Noooooooo have it a day early 😂😂

They want us to suffer a day more.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 10, 2020 2:33PM
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaxc wrote: »
    The bug is there. The light attack bug is present. Meaning - the patch includes the bug. Not a fix.

They have a fix, but wont push it until 16th for PC with the next maintenance downtime.

Edited by mairwen85 on November 9, 2020 3:07PM
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful, just bloody wonderful.
    I log in to the forums to see if the update is still in progress and low and behold, I find out it’s full of bugs.
    Why even release the damm thing ?
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it will take at least two weeks to fix those bugs on console, right? Seriously reverse this patch immediately, fix it and then launch it. This year long saga of Greymoor been nothing but full of disappointments. Worst player experience I've ever witnessed and you keep doing it?!

STOP FFS!
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So knowingly releasing a patch that we've told you, and other developers several times in;
    • The PTS in the feedback tab.
    • The PTS forums in Feedback threads.
    • The Live feedback tab.
    • Here on the forums with more bug report threads
    • Reddit.
    • Twitter.

Not to mention other bug reports console users are experiencing that your moderation team has locked without reason according to some console users, @ZOS_GinaBruno this is absolutely unacceptable. There is a clear need for not only an audit of your moderation staff, but a serious need to start thinking about the long-term of the game instead of the short-term content. There's absolutely no excuse for this mess.

Well said!!
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hawco10 wrote: »
    Wonderful, just bloody wonderful.
    I log in to the forums to see if the update is still in progress and low and behold, I find out it’s full of bugs.
    Why even release the damm thing ?

Content scheduling and sales is my guess. I feel for you guys, though. I do. Some of us projected this from the PTS, they didn't listen to the feedback on the bugs, even Alcast had a video of him going through the new arena and couldn't figure out why the animations were being weird. 'Lo and behold, it gets pushed to live with even more bugs that weren't discovered. Some because the new mythic leads weren't discovered, to even some older bugs that had somehow got resurrected.

I encourage people to brush up on these here and keep an eye out for this one here just in case the transmutation geodes disappearing bug wasn't fixed (there's more info needed there), and be sure to not remorph skills that are unmorphed. Also getting rebitten as a werewolf will not fix it. You'll be able to morph it without losing a skillpoint, but at some point through a loading screen or player death it WILL get reverted back.

Also make sure to record anything weird happening, post it to YouTube, spam it to their Twitter. If they're not going to listen to the bug reports on the forum, put it somewhere where they have to check it.
  • AbraKDabbler
    Thanks, Dragonracer, for asking great questions and staying positive about it! Thanks, Gina, for keeping us updated!

-AbraKDabbler
    (aka abracadabraxas, aka Matt)
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    Aaxc wrote: »

They have a fix, but wont push it until 16th for PC with the next maintenance downtime.

They say they have it, but no one really believes that. They just postponed so they have 2 weeks extra time to find one.

Same goes for all the random crashes. Like DSA cant be finished becasue pretty much everyone crashes before last stage.
    Same goes for trial wipe mechanics - ppl keep survive one shots in CR and HOF while there are no statues to hide behind at Nahviintaas...
    Edited by Aaxc on November 9, 2020 3:40PM
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trenia wrote: »
    Dude. Keep your patch. We didn’t want you to release it with the light attack bug. You are not going to have a console incremental for weeks. We don’t want this.

U gotta suffer with us,

Much love,
    PC players. <3