The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Missing bugs from today's hotfix list

amir412
amir412
✭✭✭✭✭
I have encountered more bugs while playing since the update.

1. Game goes ALT + F4 randomly, without showing any error message. Trying to relog says that Account already logged in. Happend a lot during Dragon Star Arena last stages, and once in Cyrodiil.

2. Mid boss fight in random normal dungeon, i teleported to the start area.

3.Stage 7 in dragon star arena keep crashing the players, can't pass this stage.

4. Major Gallop skill not increasing mount speed by 30%, feels more like 15%

6. Crimson Twilight heals for 150% dmg instead of 100%, probably a copy paste of Inhale(dk's skill buff)

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_KaiSchober
Anyone else encountered these?
Edited by amir412 on November 7, 2020 3:14PM
PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
"..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N2 goes under being teleported to the edge of the map I think. But you can add:
    Skills with additional cooldowns.
    Dummies not showing debuffs properly.
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭
    1. I've had it happen to me once mid vDoM when I tanked the final boss, and once during nMF on first boss, also on 3rd boss in nFL (me and another dd dced during that fight), kinda funny I dced 3-4 times in the last 2 days I have dced maybe 5 times total since I've started playing 2 years ago and most of the dcs were from this patch
    2. is being fixed
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I found an secret level in maelstrom arena.
    o2xQkuJh.png

Ended up here during in the ring of frozen blood then the boss destroyed the first island, many times. Even not being at the island sent me here. Managed at last.
    People also get it on last boss in BC2 then you get lifted up in the air, they then die for not clenching the color
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bug I've put here.

After completing the Ring of the Pale Order once, you cannot obtain the lead in Nighthollow Keep because you can no longer see it on the table, yet others can - with video evidence for those that don't understand that the other person just 'didn't get it first'. It's also account wide, meaning other characters also cannot see the lead after the ring has already been completed.

Things to consider;
    • I'm aware I can just reconstruct the ring. It's not about reconstruction, it's about the codex entries. Reconstruction doesn't grant you those.
    • Reload UI/Disabled addons completely and the bug still persists.
    • I've tried using another character - the lead won't show up because much of the antiquities system (aside from the skill lines) are account based.

So if you were farming for the codex entry like myself, you'll be stuck at 9/15 completion until they make it where you can 'find' the lead again.
    Edited by Sephyr on November 4, 2020 7:51PM
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair - 3rd boss - crash

2 team had crashes where the game froze and we had to restart

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New bug, changing outfit consumed gold/token sometimes and it doesn't actually changing the outfit.

• Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Return of an old bug, someone in Bangkorai was getting bounties even though they weren't in Werewolf form and haven't been for over half an hour. They said that their level of the line was still at one, so if others are having that issue - some confirmation would be good. If not, could just be a fluke bug that randomly happened to them.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another bug in this thread (one is being worked on, the other is rather new);
    Also, after switching primary residence back and forth, and cycling permissions, and setting my guild as a guild visitor, nobody can port into any of my homes, with or without Go Home addon.

• KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    New bug, changing outfit consumed gold/token sometimes and it doesn't actually changing the outfit.

I had something similar happen to me, but in my case the weapons were changed before the patch. I logged in on Monday to find out that the weapons were changed back to their original look.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno My whole group just crashed while doing veteran dragon star arena.

I saw multiple threads and complaints on this.
    Can this issue be addressed at least?
    Edited by amir412 on November 4, 2020 4:47PM

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each of us keep crashing, it's my 5th crash already.
    It's impossible to finish the arena.

• Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically I cannot play the game anymore as I am getting BSOD crashes.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hardly get crashes, that is until this update. Since this update I have had more crashes to desktop than I have had in a whole year and more. That's at least eight crashes so far, most annoying when I am in a dungeon.
  • ElCapitanAmericano
    ElCapitanAmericano
    ✭✭✭
    People are being punted to under the world while fighting the final boss in HRC as well.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i found a bug also:
    when i hit the sprint key it does not let me sprint, have to hit sprint several times and sometimes it works. but it mostly does not let me sprint.
  • xAarionx
    xAarionx
    ✭✭✭
    The Mounted speed issue
    Major gallop seems to not be working as intended
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the ones in new arena....
  • Gylzyn
    Gylzyn
    ✭✭✭
    Also have just had the ALT-F4 problem (#1 in the list). Was in Bad Man Hollows and suddenly the game disappeared and I was at the desktop.
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sofas and benches in two of my houses don't work anymore, depending on where they are placed in the house. They used to work fine in the places they no longer work. The two houses so far are humble mud and Strident Springs Demesne.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MageCatF4F wrote: »
    Sofas and benches in two of my houses don't work anymore, depending on where they are placed in the house. They used to work fine in the places they no longer work. The two houses so far are humble mud and Strident Springs Demesne.

Which ones are they?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this needs looked into
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    companions
    Wont shut up
    wont move away to let you target anything

rinse - repeat...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are being punted to under the world while fighting the final boss in HRC as well.

I got shot under the world Blade of Woeing someone in Markarth yesterday.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wasted 2 hours of my life on vDSA stage 7, it keeps crashing.

• Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there is a more general problem with instance dungeons.

I've now personally saw or heard about issues with WGT, Cradle of Shadows, Frostvault and now vDSA...

They broke something that is affecting a lot of instanced content.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm_Fury wrote: »

I think there is a more general problem with instance dungeons.

I've now personally saw or heard about issues with WGT, Cradle of Shadows, Frostvault and now vDSA...

They broke something that is affecting a lot of instanced content.

It's funny that you can't even finish the arena.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad part is that they never roll back these buggy changes until they can get it right. Some of these introduced bugs are left to flounder in game for weeks, months, even years without being resolved.

Why not go back to what works?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    The sad part is that they never roll back these buggy changes until they can get it right. Some of these introduced bugs are left to flounder in game for weeks, months, even years without being resolved.

Why not go back to what works?

Because, sadly, rollback also needs to be tested and can break just as much. You cannot just yeet a change out because there almost always are some other changes that depend on that. They would have to rollback the entire update and sales department would bite their butts off for that.

To add: By Love Betrayed bugged, what, three times?
    1. Kathad just posing sneakily in the middle of corridor doing nothing
    2. Disguise not overriding helmet and belt (did recolour them, though) of outfits/armor. Should have checked costumes.
    3. Disguise unequipped by combat, but... not? Free slot, but cannot equip it again, it still works, and shows on me, and no way to unequip it. Thankfully it went away when leaving quest location.
    Edited by Nairinhe on November 5, 2020 7:56PM
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My list of bugs I have experienced since Patch:

- The infamous Fang Lair Crashes are worse. Guaranteed 3 crashes for our dungeon group.
    - Crash to desktop in every second battlegrounds, noticed it only happened when I fought Wardens using frost destros and spammables.
    - Anytime I crash, I have no option to use the crash reporter, it's just not there. I rarely crashed before this update, maybe once every two months in a big cyro battle.
    - Storage chest bug. I know there is stuff in there, but I cant see it. I have to load another character to see it. Has happened with my bank as well.
    - The LA weaving broken as all hell. Add in my bad ping and it's really rough.
    - Collections sometimes lagging when adding in a new piece, random 'collection item added' when I haven't picked up anything for 10 minutes.
    - Still being lifted up through dungeon ceilings out of the world. Didn't happen to me much before, now it's constant.
    - Mail bug getting worse, where my rewards/crafting gear comes from a 'player', not the NPC (Kinda funny tho, not a big deal)
    - Weird 'shadow cooldowns' as I like the call them, where A skill has no cooldown, and yet it behaves like it does.
    - Wayshrining somewhere, and then not actually being put at that wayshrine I picked, but another random one, sometimes in an entirely different land.
    - Quests pointing in directions where the quest isnt actually needing you to go.

Honestly, most of those to me are 'eh', but they are the one's I have encountered so far. :D
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    - Storage chest bug. I know there is stuff in there, but I cant see it. I have to load another character to see it. Has happened with my bank as well.

I just close/open it and run around annoyed and eventually it shows up without relogging