The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

bruh why tho

• Nezyr_Jezz
    Nezyr_Jezz
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets are a part of the game since a loooooong time.
    • They are reducing the gap which some players are oblivous to (wanting to 1vX where X is 10000000000)
    • This way they reduced skilled players to anoyance rather than straight gods that can't be killed by zerg.
    • Yes i am aware of the above statement hurting good players, but tbh your in the minority and for the game to last the next couple of years at least you need a playerbase that will fund it.
    • Proc sets makes people kill rather than watch being killed along with 20 other zerg members by 1-2 skilled players. Average players then stay because they simply enjoy the game. They are the majority.
    I know some might not enjoy this, but i still think bigger playerbase is crucial for the game to thrive and continue existance. It is singlehandedly the most complicated fantasy mmo you can get with such a viariety of skills and equipment that it overwhelms new players, and proc sets are a solution for them.
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    Nezyr_Jezz wrote: »
    • They are reducing the gap which some players are oblivous to (wanting to 1vX where X is 10000000000)
    • This way they reduced skilled players to anoyance rather than straight gods that can't be killed by zerg.
    • Yes i am aware of the above statement hurting good players, but tbh your in the minority and for the game to last the next couple of years at least you need a playerbase that will fund it.
    • Proc sets makes people kill rather than watch being killed along with 20 other zerg members by 1-2 skilled players. Average players then stay because they simply enjoy the game. They are the majority.
    I know some might not enjoy this, but i still think bigger playerbase is crucial for the game to thrive and continue existance. It is singlehandedly the most complicated fantasy mmo you can get with such a viariety of skills and equipment that it overwhelms new players, and proc sets are a solution for them.

Is that fair though? Push a very supporting player base away just to please the ones who will try out the game for a couple months and move on to the next game they want to try. Abusing proc sets is the easy way out, people don't want to learn mechanical skills or even general combat. If there is a group of three players using only two abilities, not even a buff or a heal, meanwhile the solo player is keeping buffs up, healing often and managing resources, but they get melted by proc sets, is that really how the game should be played? I almost guarantee that eso's population has not increased at all over the last year.
    RIP skill based PvP days. . .
  • Nezyr_Jezz
    Nezyr_Jezz
    ✭✭✭
    Crow_IX wrote: »

Is that fair though? Push a very supporting player base away just to please the ones who will try out the game for a couple months and move on to the next game they want to try. Abusing proc sets is the easy way out, people don't want to learn mechanical skills or even general combat. If there is a group of three players using only two abilities, not even a buff or a heal, meanwhile the solo player is keeping buffs up, healing often and managing resources, but they get melted by proc sets, is that really how the game should be played? I almost guarantee that eso's population has not increased at all over the last year.

It did, but mainly because of the "flue". Anyway i get where are you going with it, but mmos tend to lean toward casuals and should lean toward casuals not hardcore. Maily because mmos suck at being a game for pros alltogether. There can't be and never will be a proper pro scene in any mmo because mmos are never balanced enough, never simple enough and never fast enough to be considered by proper competitive pro players. So whats the point in making them more convoluted and unaccessible for people to play, and learn? Why? Because you get more advantage over casual when killing him in cyro?
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    Crow_IX wrote: »

It did, but mainly because of the "flue". Anyway i get where are you going with it, but mmos tend to lean toward casuals and should lean toward casuals not hardcore. Maily because mmos suck at being a game for pros alltogether. There can't be and never will be a proper pro scene in any mmo because mmos are never balanced enough, never simple enough and never fast enough to be considered by proper competitive pro players. So whats the point in making them more convoluted and unaccessible for people to play, and learn? Why? Because you get more advantage over casual when killing him in cyro?

"because it gives advantage"? no because it invites skill, because it creates skillgap. Your "casuals" are doing the same thing to new players. While casuals are abusing proc sets and other stupid mechanics you really think a new player is going to come into the game with a full build and skill rotation thinking "oh yeah I'm gonnna run proc sets". That's not inviting at all, in fact i know several people who tried eso and left because of the pvp meta being proc oriented. The game was never fun because of any "advantage", it was fun because it was different, because it created opportunity for skilled players. because it was more than just who has more players in the group and who runs the most proc sets. i've made it a point several times before that mmos will never be balanced, and i would never expect anything competitive out of eso. that doesn't mean delete skillgap out of the game. if you were to feel disadvantaged during a time when the game was good, ask other players who are beating you for advice, tips, skill or set suggestions. that's what i did and how i learned and I'm sure most players did too.
    RIP skill based PvP days. . .