The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Another Guild Trader topic - Sad state of affairs

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m a pretty new ESO player and just started looking seriously at joining a trading guild. Doing some research, like reading this thread, it seems clear there is a high cost to being a member, like having a job, and just doesn’t seem worthwhile. At this point I’d rather just play and grind or craft decent gear then worry if I’m able to make my quota or submit my tithe.

@Mythreindeer : If you're reading the threads about this then you should also see the many people pointing out that there are trading guilds that have no fees and no sales requirements. In my 5 guilds, none require dues or X amount of sales each week. 3 of them don't bother with voluntary raffles. In my main trading guild I sell when I want, set the prices I want to sell at, and have no issues at all. I've gone weeks without selling anything. So your mileage may vary, especially if you're on console. But look around, there are good trading guilds out there that don't require dues or billions in sales every week.
  • MaLTRaiN
    MaLTRaiN
    ✭✭✭
    For me, as a GM of a humble new guild with 200 members, the only solution is NOT having guild traders anymore. Period.

I hate that system, because most of new players must beg for a place on the "top" guilds and pay weekly, even when they only want to play casual.

Guild traders should be some kind of "central markets" where all guild stores (even the smaller ones) can sell their articles, with filter systems, etc.

And, liberating that, focus on other aspects of the guilds, like interaction with their members or even coordinate activities as trials or whatever.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pelle412 wrote: »
    I was an officer in a trading guild for a very long time and honestly I really just hate everything about the trading guild scene.

- Alliances are still a massive issue

- The amount of gms and officers that will bleed members for every donation they can while at the same time taking the majority of that for themselves is shockingly high.

- Member loyalty to a trading guild is actively discouraged. Not that you really want to anyway, there fairly toxic. However If you dont have anything to sell that week or if they dont get a trader then really you should just bounce. Your wasting the fee and just bleeding money.

- Fees and donations are ridiculously high, again also probably to more effectively steal from you.

-Barrier to entry is super high for new guilds. Unless they join an alliance who will literally tell them where to bid, what to bid and will probably actively screw them over for there own benefit regardless.

This may be your opinion, but having been an officer myself in multiple trading guilds for many years, and knowing many high end trading guilds, what you say here is complete nonsense. Trading guild officers who are serious do not pocket money for themselves. In all my time I've never even heard of this happening in any respectable guild. Fees and donations are not ridiculously high, but then again I don't know what you consider as such.

Sounds like you got burned bad in your corrupt trading guild and assume it's the same everywhere else.

Keep in mind we also maybe on different servers.

I know at least ps4 na, many of the top trading guilds in mournhold and wayrest (Location does change a bit more not than it use too) are ripping off members. Fees are about 15k a week, personally I would say thats high. I know at least one instance where one of the top alliance leaders were giving there guild and select others better spots for lower bids when it was supposed to be based on how much you could bid that week.

Something I can't understand....if people know the guildmaster/officers are dishonest/scamming people, why on Nirn do they stay in the guild? Threats of blackballing people to stop them from getting in other guilds might work up to a point, however when you get enough "outcasts", they can make their own guild. Any guild that wanted to block them completely would have to bid on and win every single trader in the game, every week. Not quite a feasible, sustainable feat.

No matter how "powerful" or "mafia" a guild might be, if the majority of the membership leave, how powerful would they be?
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MaLTRaiN wrote: »
    For me, as a GM of a humble new guild with 200 members, the only solution is NOT having guild traders anymore. Period.

I hate that system, because most of new players must beg for a place on the "top" guilds and pay weekly, even when they only want to play casual.

Guild traders should be some kind of "central markets" where all guild stores (even the smaller ones) can sell their articles, with filter systems, etc.

And, liberating that, focus on other aspects of the guilds, like interaction with their members or even coordinate activities as trials or whatever.

Why? Do you have that many new players who want to make billions in gold in 3 days or less, or something? NOT EVERY GUILD DEMANDS DUES OR SETS SALES REQUIREMENTS. If a player wants to focus on trading to make billions, then yes, they will have to try to get into one of the high volume top trading guilds. If that isn't their main focus, they don't need to join the high volume supreme master trader top guilds.

My no-dues, no-sales-requirement trading guild has a voluntary raffle, and does voluntary participation auctions. I decided to sell off some of the mats I accumulated by doing writs and surveys. Selling some tempers, plating grains, mundane runes, and flowers I ended up with 650k. Not a bad result, considering I didn't fill all 30 slots or price anything as high as I could have, and my trading guild isn't one of the high volume top trading guilds.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do find it positive, if random fun and social guilds stop wasting my time as a trader, by covering npc-traders with only like 50 or 100 listings. So thanks.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK, I have seen alot of new trader guild names at Kiosks in the last few weeks so someone obviously is doing it
    Beta tester November 2013
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can there be not enough traders if there are tons of empty or semi empty guilds out there? The problem isn't too many guilds but too much gold, so let those people spam their gold into the nirvana of a guild trader. That's how problems solve by itself.

I agree
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can there be not enough traders if there are tons of empty or semi empty guilds out there? The problem isn't too many guilds but too much gold, so let those people spam their gold into the nirvana of a guild trader. That's how problems solve by itself.

I agree

Printed, drew heart around it, pinned it above my bed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moar Kiosks! 1 per each group dungeon and trial available. Put the kiosk inside the trial if it’s one of those that has merchants in the lobby area. And of course fix the mail system so it’s actually convenient. Small start but it can shift the zoning value of bidding ls and give a few more guilds a chance.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a pretty new ESO player and just started looking seriously at joining a trading guild. Doing some research, like reading this thread, it seems clear there is a high cost to being a member, like having a job, and just doesn’t seem worthwhile. At this point I’d rather just play and grind or craft decent gear then worry if I’m able to make my quota or submit my tithe.

The fees of most trade guilds I was in were 5k each week. You can get 4.2k daily by doing 1 minute quick daily writs (with the help of an add-on, not including the mats you are getting which many times are worth another 10k). I don't know how you count that as having a job, if you do have things to sell to move the economy then these 5k are a joke too. But if you join a trading guild to "maybe" sell some random low cost things you find, you are plaguing slots of actual traders.

PS - I am in 3 guilds that have a trader, 2 of which are social and requires no fees.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find moar kiosks shouts not well thought through. The problem isn't the amount of kiosks. Those shouts suggest that the amount of actively playing users has been increasing drastically. But ifu. Run around checking guild stores on less "valuable" spots then u will fast recognize that they often aren't even well filled with items. This leads to the legit conclusion, that this guild is not paying bids by income but by private deposits of the gm who has too much gold and doesn't know what to do with it. Next to that the income of a guild which actually does get care from its members doesnt earn enough from its taxes to compete with bored veteran players.

The logic conclusion is, that there is only one valid and necessary change to the system:

* Increase tax which a guild earns by selling

This will make a guilds income better compared to a single persons weekly income and it also reduces the attractiveness of reselling as the profitable resellable prices get lower and less items get attractive for reselling, this is also a small cut to powersellers earning multiple millions each week and strengthens smaller guilds as well bcs this also lowers the compared income of power guilds which often rely on resellers.

And I do not talk about increasing guild (and cod) tax by one percent, but actually doubling it like this:

7% tax
    3 % sink
    1% listing fee which gets repaid when sold.

If we are talking about the trading system and the problems a lot of traders as well have: moving around a lot and wasting time by visiting multiple traders when searching for items, we should also vote and fight for quality improvements. Guilds which actually DO sell and want to become trading guilds should be preferred by the existing trading system over bored empty Yolo fun guilds.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on October 16, 2020 9:54AM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find moar kiosks shouts not well thought through. The problem isn't the amount of kiosks. Those shouts suggest that the amount of actively playing users has been increasing drastically. But ifu. Run around checking guild stores on less "valuable" spots then u will fast recognize that they often aren't even well filled with items. This leads to the legit conclusion, that this guild is not paying bids by income but by private deposits of the gm who has too much gold and doesn't know what to do with it. Next to that the income of a guild which actually does get care from its members doesnt earn enough from its taxes to compete with bored veteran players.

The logic conclusion is, that there is only one valid and necessary change to the system:

This will make a guilds income better compared to a single persons weekly income and it also reduces the attractiveness of reselling as the profitable resellable prices get lower and less items get attractive for reselling, this is also a small cut to powersellers earning multiple millions each week and strengthens smaller guilds as well bcs this also lowers the compared income of power guilds which often rely on resellers.

And I do not talk about increasing guild (and cod) tax by one percent, but actually doubling it like this:

7% tax
    3 % sink

If we are talking about the trading system and the problems a lot of traders as well have: moving around a lot and wasting time by visiting multiple traders when searching for items, we should also vote and fight for quality improvements. Guilds which actually DO sell and want to become trading guilds should be preferred by the existing trading system over bored empty Yolo fun guilds.

I think just move the sink into guild tax works. With the way the trading economy is currently broken because gold buying all the sales tax even at 7% would go straight back into the next week's bid. That way sellers would not be impacted, the gold would still be destroyed albeit a few days later and it would reward the better-managed guilds as opposed to the "buy to win" ones.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7% tax
    3 % sink

I think just move the sink into guild tax works. With the way the trading economy is currently broken because gold buying all the sales tax even at 7% would go straight back into the next week's bid. That way sellers would not be impacted, the gold would still be destroyed albeit a few days later and it would reward the better-managed guilds as opposed to the "buy to win" ones.

Don't be such a boring old dude. 😜 10 is such a beautiful number.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on October 16, 2020 1:29PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    For me, as a GM of a humble newp guild with 200 members, the only solution is NOT having guild traders anymore. Period.

Why? Do you have that many new players who want to make billions in gold in 3 days or less, or something? NOT EVERY GUILD DEMANDS DUES OR SETS SALES REQUIREMENTS. If a player wants to focus on trading to make billions, then yes, they will have to try to get into one of the high volume top trading guilds. If that isn't their main focus, they don't need to join the high volume supreme master trader top guilds.

My no-dues, no-sales-requirement trading guild has a voluntary raffle, and does voluntary participation auctions. I decided to sell off some of the mats I accumulated by doing writs and surveys. Selling some tempers, plating grains, mundane runes, and flowers I ended up with 650k. Not a bad result, considering I didn't fill all 30 slots or price anything as high as I could have, and my trading guild isn't one of the high volume top trading guilds.

If you are consistantly getting a trader thats not in a thieves den then you're paying a good bit each week for the privilege. I'm not sure what hte going rate for out of the way spots are, but you're most likely not making enough to buy the spot each week.

Which means you're either kicking out inactives, or using an actual trade guild to make enough money to afford the trader.

So while this works as a bandaid, its not a solution to the trader problem.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    In addition to adding more guild trader locations, they need to improve the overall system. As a new ESO player, that I need to use a site like TTC to locate items, and then jump trader to trader to see if item is still there is one of my top annoyances with this game.

I went back to playing EverQuest last year for nostalgia sake, and it even has a better trade system. Similar could work with ESO, by keeping guild traders, but having a global bazaar/auction house to locate which ones have the item. You then can pay a gold tax to receive the item via mail, or go and visit the trader directly to avoid that tax. Just anything to improve the current approach would be welcomed.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FloydStash wrote: »
    Hello.

I'd like to express my frustration with how hard/expensive it has become to get a guild trader.
    It's simply too expensive for new trader guilds to get into the trading business because we have to lay down nearly 5 million per week in order to secure a trader.
    And because of the fact that we cannot see wether we will win a bid or not, the result is that my guild hasn't had a trader for several weeks.
    This causes members to leave no matter how hard we work to make it a big guild and grow into a fun community.

Zenimax this has to change. NOW!
    - No more *** reasons. just change it now. release 1000 more guild traders spread over tamriel, or make the bidding system publicly viewable.

Yay, 1000 more traders for buyers to search in order to find the item they want at the best price. Brilliant!
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know at least ps4 na, many of the top trading guilds in mournhold and wayrest (Location does change a bit more not than it use too) are ripping off members. Fees are about 15k a week, personally I would say thats high.

If you can't make back your 15k weekly dues at a capital city trader, then you are clearly not utilizing the trader properly. I have no issues getting that amount back easily every week, and I can do that because the amount of foot traffic at a capital city is huge.

There are lots of other spots in Tamriel, but the big 3 have always produced enough volume for me to not worry about what feels like to me, a small fee that I'm certain doesn't cover the full cost of the trader on its own.
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭

There really isn't, people just like to exaggerate. Just play the game and sell off the extra stuff you don't need.

The one thing I've never seen in all my years playing ESO is a (comprehensive) list of what the total layout is for joining a guild, running a guild, etc. What may be nothing to you, may be a lot to the above listed New Player.

I personally prefer the way the "other" game handles selling items to players, but that horse has been flogged to death for a long time and that discussion doesn't lead anywhere.

cheers.

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just wonder how people couldalso come aorund as if they owuldnt get a spot in a good trading guild. just been on guild finder first time in ages and checking listed known trading guilds there. i am actually very very shocked how low on active members even popular trading guilds are these days, and next to that also a lot of guilds with medium ranged spots and lower requirements. this is crazy. i never saw something like that... i mean really mega popular guilds with 350 or 400 members only wtf....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »
    For me, as a GM of a humble newp guild with 200 members, the only solution is NOT having guild traders anymore. Period.

If you are consistantly getting a trader thats not in a thieves den then you're paying a good bit each week for the privilege. I'm not sure what hte going rate for out of the way spots are, but you're most likely not making enough to buy the spot each week.

Which means you're either kicking out inactives, or using an actual trade guild to make enough money to afford the trader.

So while this works as a bandaid, its not a solution to the trader problem.

Completely curious as to why any guild would want to keep inactive members. There are legitimate inactives, due to RL obligations like armed forces deployment. Then there are the people who simply decide they don't feel like playing for the foreseeable future, why would any guild want to keep them in the roster? If they come back they can always rejoin.

The voluntary raffles and auctions seem to work, at least they have so far. But then I'm not in a huge volume, want to sell the most ever keep every selling slot constantly full guild. If I had to make 100k a week to keep selling stuff, it would be more of a "job" than "fun" for me, and I just won't bother with it.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FloydStash wrote: »
    My goal, is obviously that new trader guilds can have a better chance at entry level trading by allowing them access to small.

There is already a "cheap" (in fact, free) version of "small". That's the internal guild shop. Every guild has one as soon as they have over 10 (or is it 50 ?) members. Sure, it's limited to the members of your guild, with a de facto maximum of 500, but then again, if you list the right items at the right price (that means, NOT insect parts at 50g/ea) then you WILL sell. Those traders are 1/ free 2/ accessible from every single public bank across the game's world. That's two big plusses and people who are asking for cheap guild traders should consider promoting and animating their own internal guild shop first.

Imho people who are asking for more/cheap guild traders in the wild or in the outlaw refuges are the equivalent of the people in PvE who ask for nerfs in vet or vet hm dungeons because they're not good enough as players.

I enjoy end game trading, I belong to high end trading guilds with guild traders in top spots, and I do what it takes to stay there and contribute.

I don't have access to endgame top raiding guilds because I am not good enough and I don't want to do what it takes to "git gud". There's many achievements and skins I don't have, and stuff I don't have access to for that reason. You don't, however, see me asking for those instances to be nerfed in order for hem to be beaten by everyone, including me.

I'm sorry if I sound blunt, but more traders / "cheap" traders would only lead to more traders with crappy listings wasting every visitor's time. Internal guild shops on the other hand are an underused, potentially very useful resource that's only asking to get some love and attention.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on October 19, 2020 12:05PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just wonder how people couldalso come aorund as if they owuldnt get a spot in a good trading guild. just been on guild finder first time in ages and checking listed known trading guilds there. i am actually very very shocked how low on active members even popular trading guilds are these days, and next to that also a lot of guilds with medium ranged spots and lower requirements. this is crazy. i never saw something like that... i mean really mega popular guilds with 350 or 400 members only wtf....

As you know (since you were one of them) the management of quite a few extremely popular trading guilds has changed with the multibidding change, and "popularity" may shift according to guild management, which in turn depends on the real people in charge.
    Also, the Skyrim chapter (linked to Covid + still no TES6 in sight) has attracted a lot of completely new players who are not yet ripe for endgame trading.
    Finally (but sure you know about this too) there's been yet another bidding war outbreak among "extremely popular guilds", and this time it's been a very personal thing, so people familiar with this choose to join or not join a guild according to the side they've chosen in said war.

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally (but sure you know about this too) there's been yet another bidding war outbreak among "extremely popular guilds", and this time it's been a very personal thing, so people familiar with this choose to join or not join a guild according to the side they've chosen in said war.

Is it that personal still? I mean even I had been feeling a bit offended bcs of the "outbreak" outta peace deal situation. But I don't see a side anymore since a while. I only see a lot of dilletantism. I mean if people want to be on a side, they need to live it or just leave it.

This good old group between lulu, iren, arka, peniku and me. Good old times lol...
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on October 19, 2020 4:53PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to add some solid facts as I witnessed and very shocked.w42 to 43 guild bidding of PC EU; only facts and I will keep screenshots for proof

You can lose "10" spots of "outlaws refuge" in 2020 for the same gold you can get "town - not outside" kiosks in 2019

this is the good effect of update 23 - aka quality of life aka end of casual guilds.

Just for all new wannabe trading guilds - do not. It is not worth it now. The comment on improving the internal guild store is a cool idea. but again not worth the time. If you have lots of gold then, of course, it is not a problem.
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsManiaC wrote: »
    Just to add some solid facts as I witnessed and very shocked.w42 to 43 guild bidding of PC EU; only facts and I will keep screenshots for proof

You can lose "10" spots of "outlaws refuge" in 2020 for the same gold you can get "town - not outside" kiosks in 2019

this is the good effect of update 23 - aka quality of life aka end of casual guilds.

Just for all new wannabe trading guilds - do not. It is not worth it now. The comment on improving the internal guild store is a cool idea. but again not worth the time. If you have lots of gold then, of course, it is not a problem.

the problem isnt multibid, but guilds bidding which actually arent related to trading a lot and too many people paying bids from private pcokets instead of by sales taxes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• Ecileh71
    Ecileh71
    ✭✭✭
    I played ESO for 3 years before I joined a guild. Never had a ton of money in the bank...but never needed to, either.

Then I joined a prosperous Trade Guild and started making money and that was fun, but I wound up with a lot of gold and not a lot to spend it on. So I bought a house and furnished it. And then I donated $2M back to the guild because...what was I going to do with it, really?

That guild folded when the GM left the game about a year ago. (Well, it's actually still in existence and I am still a member, but no more traders.) The sister guild was given to another GM who runs an alliance and it took me less than 3 days to decide the new leadership and rules were not for me, so I left. They still have a spot in Mournhold every week, clearly they are for many others.

Now I am in in one guild with a trader (as opposed to a Trading Guild) and I once again find myself with more gold than I really know what to do with. And I am not grinding for mats or motifs or other items to sell. I farm mats when bored or when waiting for a PUG to form, but that's about it. I am seriously considering furnishing the new house in Skyrim because...what else am I going to spend this gold on?

I once saw someone giving away $1M in Vvardenfell zone chat if another player could find where he was hiding. I am almost at that point--where I am willing to just give gold away because....why not?

So...I guess my question is...what do you folks spend your gold on that makes the trading guilds so critical? I feel like I MUST be missing something. Which is not to say that I don't think there should be improvements to the system in-game...just that we have lots of threads about this topic and clearly it's important to people but I just don't understand what others spend gold on that makes it so necessary. Is there some vendor somewhere that sells AMAZING THINGS that I don't know about, but desperately need?
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO trader/guild system is not good.

Edited by Wolfpaw on October 22, 2020 7:34AM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to think like that till I found out I can make 5 times more money in a week in a capital trader than in a low end trader so the dues are worth it.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to think like that till I found out I can make 5 times more money in a week in a capital trader than in a low end trader so the dues are worth it.

And this here is the real issue behind trader guilds and kiosk costs. 15k dues are common on PS4 NA. 15k/week dues * 500 members = 7,500,000 gold per week. Most top trade guilds are full on members, and are adamant about kicking those who have not paid dues. A lot of the trade guilds have 1 or more sister guilds to push beyond the max members per guild. That is a lot of gold to bid toward a trader each week. This is not including raffles, and other donations guilds receive. This hasn't even included the taxes for actually making sales. Even with exorbitant amounts bid for kiosks, someone in these guilds is making out like a bandit.

Membership fees are fine, but when the prices are high like this, it makes it that much harder for smaller guilds to even get their foot in the door with a trader. People will pay the 15k/week simply because if you have decent things to list, 15k is a drop in the bucket for what you could make. The whole guild trader system needs a rework.
    Edited by Diminish on October 22, 2020 2:39AM
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »

And this here is the real issue behind trader guilds and kiosk costs. 15k dues are common on PS4 NA. 15k/week dues * 500 members = 7,500,000 gold per week. Most top trade guilds are full on members, and are adamant about kicking those who have not paid dues. A lot of the trade guilds have 1 or more sister guilds to push beyond the max members per guild. That is a lot of gold to bid toward a trader each week. This is not including raffles, and other donations guilds receive. This hasn't even included the taxes for actually making sales. Even with exorbitant amounts bid for kiosks, someone in these guilds is making out like a bandit.

Membership fees are fine, but when the prices are high like this, it makes it that much harder for smaller guilds to even get their foot in the door with a trader. People will pay the 15k/week simply because if you have decent things to list, 15k is a drop in the bucket for what you could make. The whole guild trader system needs a rework.

And you left out the important bit. How much do the top trader slots cost? Cause I'm willing to bet it's more than 7.5M.
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com