Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A second huge nerf to healing, yet wards go untouched?

• mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    My favorite part of this nerf sorc post is thinking they run between 25-30k health effectively. Try 20-25K. And a 15K shield, lol. Maybe before health scaling. 15K shield is not something that is actually realistic. Try 9K. And that 9K is if you are stacking mag to 50K+ with passive mag boosting skills like inner light and bound aegis, boosting fully into Bastion, and health with cyrodil buff is around 22-24K depending on enchants. So, 8-9K shield, but you have to basically go all out into unsustainable levels of min/max on max mag.

Now, I know it, we all know it, "But shield stacking!"

Hardened Ward Cost after passives: 3655
    Dampen Magic Cost after passives: 3884
    So to stack these two shields, you would need to spend 7,539 magicka. And they last 6 seconds. And, since they can now be crit on, that 8-9K shield per stack is gone in a few seconds. A good sorc isn't going to sheild stack, because it is unsustainable, and spending 7.5K every few seconds to keep shields up is not viable to win a fight. If you can't burst them down and wear out their magicka pool when they get into stacking mode, you burst is just bad. And if you are fighting a 1 shield sorc and you can't burst an 8-9K critable shield, then they deserve to beat you.

Idk shield stacking is viable just go full well fitted and torc of tonal consistency and you will shield stack just fine. Also you dont need bound aegis or inner light to reach 9k hardened i do it just fine without those skills.
    Edited by mikey_reach on October 1, 2020 11:02AM
  • novemberhhh
    novemberhhh
    ✭✭✭
    lol
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorcs can be deleted by a noob nightblade through both their shields in a single combo. Other mag classes get 1vx'ed to surprise attack spam or dizzy spam.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 2, 2020 12:36PM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If wards receive any more of a nerf they might as well just remove them from the game
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite part of this nerf sorc post is thinking they run between 25-30k health effectively. Try 20-25K. And a 15K shield, lol. Maybe before health scaling. 15K shield is not something that is actually realistic. Try 9K. And that 9K is if you are stacking mag to 50K+ with passive mag boosting skills like inner light and bound aegis, boosting fully into Bastion, and health with cyrodil buff is around 22-24K depending on enchants. So, 8-9K shield, but you have to basically go all out into unsustainable levels of min/max on max mag.

So to stack these two shields, you would need to spend 7,539 magicka. And they last 6 seconds. And, since they can now be crit on, that 8-9K shield per stack is gone in a few seconds. A good sorc isn't going to sheild stack, because it is unsustainable, and spending 7.5K every few seconds to keep shields up is not viable to win a fight. If you can't burst them down and wear out their magicka pool when they get into stacking mode, you burst is just bad. And if you are fighting a 1 shield sorc and you can't burst an 8-9K critable shield, then they deserve to beat you.

Idk shield stacking is viable just go full well fitted and torc of tonal consistency and you will shield stack just fine. Also you dont need bound aegis or inner light to reach 9k hardened i do it just fine without those skills.

If shield stacking is viable on your build you hit like a wet doodle my surprise attack spam will delete you under 5 seconds
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    We're literally playing Elder Stamina Online and we're trying to advocate for mag nerfs. Come on guys...
    Seriously. Every time I see a thread complaining about shields, it makes me think someone necro'd a post from like 2018.

I virtually never encounter shields in BGs, and Magicka classes in general are much easier to kill than their stamina counterparts. Some of the people complaining about shields should start up a Magicka character, and play against decent-or-better opponents with proper builds and see just how much those "OP" shields help them survive. Especially in no-CP.

Forget no CP. Its been a while since I saw a decent 1vx or a small scale magicka group do anything worthwhile for over a year now on PC NA. Magicka is practically not a viable option in this game anymore.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭

If shield stacking is viable on your build you hit like a wet doodle my surprise attack spam will delete you under 5 seconds
    Assumptions aren’t good arguments its actually one of the most common mistakes humans make.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Assumptions aren’t good arguments its actually one of the most common mistakes humans make.

You can try full damage setup on any mag toons and it hits like wet doodle compared to its stam counterpart.

The shield size and mag regen mean nothing unless you just want to fight other mag toons
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can try full damage setup on any mag toons and it hits like wet doodle compared to its stam counterpart.

The shield size and mag regen mean nothing unless you just want to fight other mag toons

You obviously aren’t fighting any magica builds 1v1, magplar which is considered to be one of the weakest classes will maul just about anything else 1v1
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Shields should have been reduced by 60% the same as healing in the last change to battle spirit. To me and maybe I am wrong but a shield is just healing in reverse.

Be safe and have fun :)

you are wrong since sheild gets masive nerf before healing nerf ...
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wards were supposed to be the equivalent of burst heals, but all burst heals were nerfed except for wards. Not major mending is also getting nerfed.. and defense.. again.
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Stamdems and stamcros need more love. Magsorc, you are overpowered next to them.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

You obviously aren’t fighting any magica builds 1v1, magplar which is considered to be one of the weakest classes will maul just about anything else 1v1

Yeah i dont think he realized that a sorc can burst a stamblade a lot faster than a nightblade that can two shot or “delete under 5 secs” if the sorc allows it.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't imagine anyone playing a mag class outside a ball group let alone actually getting a chance to duel them.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah i dont think he realized that a sorc can burst a stamblade a lot faster than a nightblade that can two shot or “delete under 5 secs” if the sorc allows it.

You are still playing in 2015 or something ?
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but if you're getting burst down by a sorc that fast in 2020 then you need to change your build or learn how to block.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭

2020 actually where its easier to kill a nightblade. Nightblades got their cloak nerfed several times, they got cast times on their skills they no longer have minor beserker and surprise attack no longer has major fracture. If i can kill them on my sorc when they used to heal better be faster and hit harder its certainly not a problem now.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc on the other hand which is already incredibly strong and in a good position has evaded the nerf again thanks to their healing option being double wards.

Sorcerers are always amazing in PvP. Many of their skills have multiple functions with low cost, for example steak and lightning form. They also have permanent pets while they can hide far behind the pets and do decent amount of damage.

Highly mobile, permanent pet, deadly in both long and melee ranges, big ward, sustain passives...

Can't really think of any major weaknesses of sorceres in PvP...
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc on the other hand which is already incredibly strong and in a good position has evaded the nerf again thanks to their healing option being double wards.

Sorcerers are always amazing in PvP. Many of their skills have multiple functions with low cost, for example steak and lightning form. They also have permanent pets while they can hide far behind the pets and do decent amount of damage.

Highly mobile, permanent pet, deadly in both long and melee ranges, big ward, sustain passives...

Magsorc becomes instantly worse in tight spaces, compare Foyada Quarry to the cropped Istirus Outpost map.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magsorc becomes instantly worse in tight spaces, compare Foyada Quarry to the cropped Istirus Outpost map.

At least they can streak. Think of most other classes can't even leave tight spaces.

Get surrounded by enemies? Streak.
    Want to stun enemies? Streak.
    Want a gap closer? Streak.
    Want to get c.c. immunity? Streak.
    Edited by LightYagami on October 14, 2020 5:14AM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least they can streak. Think of most other classes can't even leave tight spaces.

Get surrounded by enemies? Streak.
    Want to stun enemies? Streak.
    Want a gap closer? Streak.
    Want to get c.c. immunity? Streak.

Don’t realize your bars didn’t swap? Streak into an angry horde of enemy players. Oops
  • Seyer530
    Seyer530
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but if you're getting burst down by a sorc that fast in 2020 then you need to change your build or learn how to block.

Remember those days when I would burst you down that fast? <3
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2020 actually where its easier to kill a nightblade. Nightblades got their cloak nerfed several times, they got cast times on their skills they no longer have minor beserker and surprise attack no longer has major fracture. If i can kill them on my sorc when they used to heal better be faster and hit harder its certainly not a problem now.

If you actually think your nightblade weaker than sorc, its probably a potato
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For one second let's suppose the OP's premise is right that wards are much more effective/efficient than healing.

How exactly does nerfing them and turning the sorcerer into a craptastic magikca based class - just like every other magicka spec - improve the game? In case you hadn't noticed, because ZOS has basically gutted anything interesting that a class can do, stamina specs have always been competitive and usually somewhere between meta and really strong because:
    • No matter what ZOS does to our classes, they have options to 2 weapons with very good PvP oriented abilities (from which they shift between duel wield and 2H depending on what ZOS nerfs) and these skills hit ridiculously hard because ZOS keeps putting in ways to increase weapon damage. By comparison the destruction staff is an ok PvE weapon.
    • No matter how much ZOS butchers old magicka skills that use to do multiple things like heal and damage, Stamina can always slot a very good heal in Vigor that scales on that ridiculously high weapon damage and not even be tied to a bad weapon like a resto staff.
    • The magicka burst ultimate is the most telegraphed attack in the history of the game and somehow costs 200 ultimate. Dawnbreaker may have a stupid cast time, but it still hits hard, and costs a lot less.
    • No matter how much ZOS nerfs the crap out of skills and healing, which is magicka's primary way of defending itself, stamina users by default will always be faster and will always be able to dodge more, which will forever work well at damage mitigation/avoidance no matter what questionable decisions the dev teams makes.
    • Out of the 1,476,956,429 overpowered proc sets that have ever been in eso, at least 85% of those have been stamina based.

All of these mean that stamina players have a certain immunity to ZOS's nerfs because there are good options outside their over-nerfed classes.

I only recently started playing again because I got tired that ZOS had adopted the OP's approach of nerf anything that is either remotely interesting or effective. The number of magplars, magicka DKs, Mag wardens, and Mag necros I've encountered and fought that wasn't in a group or zerg-surfing has been zero. None. Nada. Zilch. I can't even tell what stamina classes I am fighting any more because they all basically are either Dizzy - Executioner spam or are Chernobyl inspired horrors that ooze unavoidable multiple poison procs that are far stronger than any class ability in the game. Unless it's a Sorc running Hurricane, I legit don't even know the classes these people run. The only reprieve I get from fighting proc sets is the only single viable magicka spec left - the sorcerer. And now you want to ruin that when ZOS has already in multiple patches nerfed the shields and their mechanics.

We're to the point where class abilities should not be compared to each other, rather should be compared to the ridiculously strong proc sets that have totally overshadowed anything a class can do. There isn't a class ability in the game that is, to use a word I hate, "overperforming" from this perspective. Nothing.

The interesting solution to the "problem" the OP identified in shields being too efficient/effective in relation to healing/alternative means classes have to defend themselves (lol, what are those? ZoS took them all away years ago) is not to ruin the sole remaining spec that actually relies on class abilities, but to improve the non shield/ward ways that people vainly attempt to use to defend themselves

This post was pure gold and all true in a well formatted info splash of reality.

Playing magicka specs is most often masochism in pvp, only viable with gimmicks (that for magicka gets nerfed fast usually, outside of a VD group setups). My Magicka Necro is just sad to play compared to anything else and Magblade is pretty much on escaping and trying to vulture kills from others if their target is low hp already.. with mag specs can pretty much only take out new players that has no idea of defensive playing when playing solo. Going against experienced tanky stams.. well, better move on to find other targets or to login with your own Stam characters. :|

Magsorc the last viable mag spec that can solo play and use class skills and actually have fun. And even that in right hands, it does not (anymore) carry the new ones like it had potential in the past. Now gotta play mobile and strike wisely, no easy mode. Most complaints come from the execute stealing kills. Shields are not what they were. Msorc strong in experienced hands does not mean sorc shields need a nerf. Maybe zerglings should just stop chasing streaky streamers and getting X'd when realizing only they followed the Sorc all that way and are now alone to deal with them.. going into forums and asking nerfs after that should get some sort of special avatar under their name, maybe a picture of a potato or something. Not bashing or baiting, just throwing ideas here so we all can grow together as a more healthy pvp community.

Have a good weekend everyone and enjoy PVP! :)

PS. To the nerf demanding players: when meeting the rare mag specs, enjoy those moments and accept defeats if such happens. Not everything needs just more nerfs as a solution. Those have brought us to the current situation at pvp.. and some STILL want it to get even more twisted? You all want Msorcs to also just use 3 procsets and stack hp? I mean come on, seriously.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭

If you actually think your nightblade weaker than sorc, its probably a potato

Again with the assumptions, my nb does 3 damage sets therefore its the furthest thing from a potato even with 3 damage sets a nb wont kill a good sorc 1v1 ive dueled against stamblades with balorgh briar and clever and its either a draw or i can simply outlast them and kill them anyways because i have better sustain and defense the damage is there on both classes to kill each other but if the stamblade uses rolls and cloaks then not landing the burst its whats not killing them not the lack of damage but even then a sorc does it better since of course stam also equals sustain on a sorc and roll dodges with shields torc on a sorc is way better than roll dodge and cloak with torc on a blade.My magsorc does all max mag and spell damage with only 1.8k mag rec for base and then torc of tonal consistency does the rest. Nb compared to sorcs feel very turned based sorcs can land like 5-8 hits at the same time. In cp defense has always been stronger than offense and i can easily get way more defense than a stamblade enough damage to kill anything that’s not a potato and better heals than a nightblade on a sorc. I can agree that a stamblade can 1vx better but beat a sorc 1v1 maybe if you catch me with my pants down but that is about it. Btw no aegis or magelight needed to reach 10k hardened and probably a little less on dampen.

Edited by mikey_reach on October 17, 2020 3:23AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since magicka shields had already gone through multiple nerfs before the more recent nerfs on healing It seems OP is arguing for nerfing all magicka mitigation of damage.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AMeanOne wrote: »
    Shields these days are incredibly weak. I only see magsorc, magblade, and the occasional magden use them. Most people haven't had a problem deleting shield users in quite a few patches now.

Agree. I don't play my mag sorc with any shields and it works fine. Shields don't scale with attackers. Dodge roll does.

Next patch I may use the other morph, just to get the 20% regen.
  • novemberhhh
    novemberhhh
    ✭✭✭
    imagine dying to a sorc that still has a shield slotted in 2020 for some reason
  • paganslyer
    paganslyer
    ✭✭
    shield are already bad outside of sorcs
    so if we nerf them they will be 100% useless
    we need to see a full class/armor type balance that make all form of playstyle available
    all classes need to have option to go light armor builds with decent defence (also all other playstyle need to be available
    like magicka based heavy armor build,all form of stam build and ect...)

the healing nerf was stupid step that ZOS did
    they need to balance almost all damage/defensive skills and make them Equal in general.
    about shields ....i think the shields method that Currently available in the game is worng
    the shields need to be scale with SD also for example ...
    Basically shield stacking have to be an option for any class and it need to be comparable to other defensive method
    hope we see soon ESO PVP with better balance

Edited by paganslyer on October 20, 2020 11:39AM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't forget AOE cooldowns...if they go live with those you can delete sorc. No need to worry about shield nerfs.