The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A second huge nerf to healing, yet wards go untouched?

• Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    My favorite part of this nerf sorc post is thinking they run between 25-30k health effectively. Try 20-25K. And a 15K shield, lol. Maybe before health scaling. 15K shield is not something that is actually realistic. Try 9K. And that 9K is if you are stacking mag to 50K+ with passive mag boosting skills like inner light and bound aegis, boosting fully into Bastion, and health with cyrodil buff is around 22-24K depending on enchants. So, 8-9K shield, but you have to basically go all out into unsustainable levels of min/max on max mag.

Now, I know it, we all know it, "But shield stacking!"

Hardened Ward Cost after passives: 3655
    Dampen Magic Cost after passives: 3884
    So to stack these two shields, you would need to spend 7,539 magicka. And they last 6 seconds. And, since they can now be crit on, that 8-9K shield per stack is gone in a few seconds. A good sorc isn't going to sheild stack, because it is unsustainable, and spending 7.5K every few seconds to keep shields up is not viable to win a fight. If you can't burst them down and wear out their magicka pool when they get into stacking mode, you burst is just bad. And if you are fighting a 1 shield sorc and you can't burst an 8-9K critable shield, then they deserve to beat you.

Not gonna sit here and say its super hard to burst thru shields on an immobile target but 8-9k hardened wards are either in no-CP or on a bad build in CP (unless sorcs arent stacking max mag anymore, which I don't think is the case). And if you can show me an immobile sorc, I'll show you a bad sorc.

Duel sorcs or sorcs fighting in a tower. Streak is kinda useless there, mobility-wise.

You're crazy. Streak from 1 opening to the other to instant los.

Opening? Tower fights always take place around the walls.

And those walls have an entrance on either side you can run around to los... are we talking about different things?

Apparently. There is no opening you can streak to when you hug the wall. You rather streak off the balcony or into a wall.

you may streak 1 meter into a wall but will probably stun everyone inside a tower.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    My favorite part of this nerf sorc post is thinking they run between 25-30k health effectively. Try 20-25K. And a 15K shield, lol. Maybe before health scaling. 15K shield is not something that is actually realistic. Try 9K. And that 9K is if you are stacking mag to 50K+ with passive mag boosting skills like inner light and bound aegis, boosting fully into Bastion, and health with cyrodil buff is around 22-24K depending on enchants. So, 8-9K shield, but you have to basically go all out into unsustainable levels of min/max on max mag.

Now, I know it, we all know it, "But shield stacking!"

Hardened Ward Cost after passives: 3655
    Dampen Magic Cost after passives: 3884
    So to stack these two shields, you would need to spend 7,539 magicka. And they last 6 seconds. And, since they can now be crit on, that 8-9K shield per stack is gone in a few seconds. A good sorc isn't going to sheild stack, because it is unsustainable, and spending 7.5K every few seconds to keep shields up is not viable to win a fight. If you can't burst them down and wear out their magicka pool when they get into stacking mode, you burst is just bad. And if you are fighting a 1 shield sorc and you can't burst an 8-9K critable shield, then they deserve to beat you.

Not gonna sit here and say its super hard to burst thru shields on an immobile target but 8-9k hardened wards are either in no-CP or on a bad build in CP (unless sorcs arent stacking max mag anymore, which I don't think is the case). And if you can show me an immobile sorc, I'll show you a bad sorc.

Duel sorcs or sorcs fighting in a tower. Streak is kinda useless there, mobility-wise.

You're crazy. Streak from 1 opening to the other to instant los.

Opening? Tower fights always take place around the walls.

And those walls have an entrance on either side you can run around to los... are we talking about different things?

Apparently. There is no opening you can streak to when you hug the wall. You rather streak off the balcony or into a wall.

you may streak 1 meter into a wall but will probably stun everyone inside a tower.

Streak stunning through objects and structures along the path was fixed about a year ago. Not to forget that the skill was totally broken in the months after that, often leaving the caster frozen in place for a few seconds.
    Edited by Bergzorn on October 23, 2020 3:20PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For one :D second let's suppose the OP's premise is right that wards are much more effective/efficient than healing.

How exactly does nerfing them and turning the sorcerer into a craptastic magikca based class - just like every other magicka spec - improve the game? In case you hadn't noticed, because ZOS has basically gutted anything interesting that a class can do, stamina specs have always been competitive and usually somewhere between meta and really strong because:
    • No matter what ZOS does to our classes, they have options to 2 weapons with very good PvP oriented abilities (from which they shift between duel wield and 2H depending on what ZOS nerfs) and these skills hit ridiculously hard because ZOS keeps putting in ways to increase weapon damage. By comparison the destruction staff is an ok PvE weapon.
    • No matter how much ZOS butchers old magicka skills that use to do multiple things like heal and damage, Stamina can always slot a very good heal in Vigor that scales on that ridiculously high weapon damage and not even be tied to a bad weapon like a resto staff.
    • The magicka burst ultimate is the most telegraphed attack in the history of the game and somehow costs 200 ultimate. Dawnbreaker may have a stupid cast time, but it still hits hard, and costs a lot less.
    • No matter how much ZOS nerfs the crap out of skills and healing, which is magicka's primary way of defending itself, stamina users by default will always be faster and will always be able to dodge more, which will forever work well at damage mitigation/avoidance no matter what questionable decisions the dev teams makes.
    • Out of the 1,476,956,429 overpowered proc sets that have ever been in eso, at least 85% of those have been stamina based.

All of these mean that stamina players have a certain immunity to ZOS's nerfs because there are good options outside their over-nerfed classes.

I only recently started playing again because I got tired that ZOS had adopted the OP's approach of nerf anything that is either remotely interesting or effective. The number of magplars, magicka DKs, Mag wardens, and Mag necros I've encountered and fought that wasn't in a group or zerg-surfing has been zero. None. Nada. Zilch. I can't even tell what stamina classes I am fighting any more because they all basically are either Dizzy - Executioner spam or are Chernobyl inspired horrors that ooze unavoidable multiple poison procs that are far stronger than any class ability in the game. Unless it's a Sorc running Hurricane, I legit don't even know the classes these people run. The only reprieve I get from fighting proc sets is the only single viable magicka spec left - the sorcerer. And now you want to ruin that when ZOS has already in multiple patches nerfed the shields and their mechanics.

We're to the point where class abilities should not be compared to each other, rather should be compared to the ridiculously strong proc sets that have totally overshadowed anything a class can do. There isn't a class ability in the game that is, to use a word I hate, "overperforming" from this perspective. Nothing.

The interesting solution to the "problem" the OP identified in shields being too efficient/effective in relation to healing/alternative means classes have to defend themselves (lol, what are those? ZoS took them all away years ago) is not to ruin the sole remaining spec that actually relies on class abilities, but to improve the non shield/ward ways that people vainly attempt to use to defend themselves

Only ESO streamer, who has spoken 100 percent truth. My respects. Most ESO streamers calling themselves PROS , ( Outside of this game no one care about them ) I have seen outrightly lie to compensate for their noobish skills and motives. It literally *** me off why they are lying this like a noob. They are the major reason mage sorc or Magicka specs are deleted from this game especially in PVP. Honestly most of the time ESO combat is not skill-based. It's RNG and what spec you are running. Only 10-20 percent is skill-based. That few percent of the skill gap can be easily overpowered by specs and RNG. It's perfectly fine for an MMO RPG game.

The skill gap between an ESO streamer vs top veteran players is way too small to even talk or boost. Sometimes, even far better. I have seen players who even played like god-like gameplay who literally solo keeps (Non-emperor) with ease. When I was a tank in a DLC dungeon castle thorn, I saw 2 mage NB around 1500CP doing 350K+ DPS, they run both stranglers I think, but bosses melted like insane. For a moment, I thought whether I wrongly queued in the normal dungeon. The entire dungeon was finished within 20 minutes no death with all achievements( For me :D ).
    I think they are farming gears, by the sense they are rushing the new vet DLC dungeon like that.

To be honest, I concluded most ESO streamers are outright liars. I am wrong. But you are an exception. Still, noob streamers calling themselves pros tell Mage sorc is OP in their streams as if someone playing them. :D:D:D:D. Of course, they will never ever play mage sorc. Now most of them only play broken class Nightblades except fengrush.

Even noobest of noob Nightblade can delete a full spec mage sorc in one rotation.

Of course, there are good skilled players in ESO.
    Everyone is running a tanky stam set up including me and I like it very much.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on October 24, 2020 7:11PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    . Still, noob streamers calling themselves pros tell Mage sorc is OP in their streams as if someone playing them. :D:D:D:D. Of course, they will never ever play mage sorc.

This was always the case even when Mag sorc was at its strongest. There are actually more streamers talking about how busted mag sorc is but no one live streaming to show it really is.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was always the case even when Mag sorc was at its strongest. There are actually more streamers talking about how busted mag sorc is but no one live streaming to show it really is.

Edited by PhoenixGrey on October 29, 2020 2:32AM