The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Overperforming sets in PvP

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    I really like the idea that proccs shouls scale off stats or something, just to make it still worthwhile with stats, because atm all that matters basicly...is proccs...proccpvp. And I dislike it.

I don't like it either.

Maybe what they can do is introduce a new PvP mode where gear sets are removed. That way players are on a more even footing without having some cheap combination of procs that just obliterate you.

You‘ve got plenty first person shooters to choose from.

Honestly, and with all these silly procs shooting everyone to death, this game is starting to feel more like a first person shooter every day. So no thanks.

Edited by Jeremy on September 18, 2020 6:23PM
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    There isn't a single melee mag class not wearing grothdarr/overwhelming rn, not a single person with a bow not running sheer venom/hunters venom crap these sets need to be looked at. There are other procs but no where near as bad as these
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jJinxND I personally use Grothdarr and Winterborn on my magden.... just sayin
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    There isn't a single melee mag class not wearing grothdarr/overwhelming rn, not a single person with a bow not running sheer venom/hunters venom crap these sets need to be looked at. There are other procs but no where near as bad as these

Grothdarr and Overwhelming itself aren't the problem. The Combo is the Problem!

You wear just Grothdarr = good Set, but not OP
    You wear just Overwhelming = good Set, but not OP
    You wear Grothdarr+Overwhelming = really strong Combo
    You wear Grothdarr+Overwhelming+Malacath = OP
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭

Havnt seen magblade not running calurrion that does 50% of their damage.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone say Balorg yet?
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • WiredandTired
    WiredandTired
    ✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »

Havnt seen magblade not running calurrion that does 50% of their damage.

Ah I wish the kit was stronger to not need to crutch on caluurion, but magblade is just bad.

Pretty much what Jinx said is correct. It's poison inject wars and see who can outlast the DoTs, but don't worry we have 17 new sets coming in the dlc, which I assume could mean 17 more proc sets!
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised the set with the highest outgoing dps isn't even mentioned here. Tbh the only reason I really have a problem with proc sets right now is how well they synergize with bow skills, 9 out of 10 of my deaths are from lethal arrow+poison injection with one or two proc sets attached, from multiple directions at once.

My only suggestion for changes right now would be that zos implement this sound every time lethal arrow is used. That's it. That would solve most problems in pvp overnight.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My magplar does great without either
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is the condition of these sone of these proc with the 60% heal nerf in PvP mainly non CP, procs with high damage should have a harder requirement to proc (pillar of nirn really good damage very hard to land and it is a dot, doylemesh high damage very strict condition to land burst damage) and procs with easier requirements (sheer venom/venomous smite just to name a few) should have lower damage stuff like sheer venom should also get a cool down and or execute modifier removed
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    That being said they have definitely lowered the skill ceiling even more with them so I guess mission accomplished?
    Edited by JinxxND on September 21, 2020 6:10AM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    MirkoZ wrote: »
    I guess yall don't slot Purge or have a skill that purges or a set that purges? I mean your kinda playing Russian Roulette going into pvp without some type of purge.....

The only true argument is the fact that those sets can be placed on multiple targets if each target is targeted because it is a single target ability that procs it.

Where is my purge as stamsorc?

The Support skill line
    oh AWESOME , I can use it 2 times. Then I will have 0 magika
    Edited by MirkoZ on September 24, 2020 1:18PM
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

I dropped all proc sets yesterday and run bow/bow! Lies Jinxx!
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess yall don't slot Purge or have a skill that purges or a set that purges? I mean your kinda playing Russian Roulette going into pvp without some type of purge.....

The only true argument is the fact that those sets can be placed on multiple targets if each target is targeted because it is a single target ability that procs it.

The Support skill line

Then increase your magicka or regen.
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    RE: Unleashed & vMA

The one thing I haven't seen people mention here yet. Stampede turns Merciless and Unleashed into an AOE proc. Anyone that steps foot onto the Stampede ground DOT will proc both vMA and Unleashed. It actually refreshes the Merciless buff the entire time to 5s.

b r o k e n
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭

The Support skill line

Then increase your magicka or regen.

I can use it twice and purge 6 effects which in this meta can be applied with 1 poison injection at the cost of 2700 of my opponent's main resource. Will I purge the right effects?

Who knows, but there is no way I'll get enough mag back to handle the next procfest when it inevitably follows on cooldown (probably in 6-10 seconds, which no NB using PI from range should have a problem stalling through).

Assuming I still have room for those on my bar, I'll have no dark deal/streak on sorc, no frag shield/cauterize/volatile (so no decloak) on dk in the meantime. So GL if some old-timer hits you with, heaven forbid, actual abilities. No realistic way to do that without taking tons out of other stats.

This sLoT pUrGe argument is just completely innumerate. It was bad when Sload's was around, it's still bad today.

Edited by Recapitated on September 24, 2020 4:08PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RE: Unleashed & vMA

The one thing I haven't seen people mention here yet. Stampede turns Merciless and Unleashed into an AOE proc. Anyone that steps foot onto the Stampede ground DOT will proc both vMA and Unleashed. It actually refreshes the Merciless buff the entire time to 5s.

b r o k e n

fighting against players using the above combo...just gross...broken and a humongous pain in the neck!!
    No skills required!!
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Yup.
    - MA 2H + unleashed Stampede
    - Sheer venom on Spin2Win

60%+ of every BG death recap. /clap
    edit: (total dmg taken CMX recap, not the silly in game table)
    You may as well rename the 3 BG teams to: Sheer Terrors, Syvarra's Chargers and Overwhelming Grothdars :|
    Edited by Dorkener on September 24, 2020 10:24PM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    sshhhhh..... no snitch please
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Eternal vigor and Malubeth.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eternal vigor seems balanced to me. Gives 0 stats and damage
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Eternal vigor seems balanced to me. Gives 0 stats and damage

If procs weren't so strong this patch, I would rate Eternal Vigor as one of the strongest sets. Even with the proc meta, it's still a strong set, at least in no CP. I know in CP you can basically just fully stack damage and CP covers most of your sustain issues by itself. But for no CP, Eternal Vigor is incredibly stat dense. EV plus a small amount of sustain from your food covers all your sustain needs so you can fully stack weapon damage on your glyphs and mundus. Plus it's like having Troll King kick in when you're low. Crazy strong set. It just flies under the radar with all the proc sets about.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is the condition of these sone of these proc with the 60% heal nerf in PvP mainly non CP, procs with high damage should have a harder requirement to proc (pillar of nirn really good damage very hard to land and it is a dot, doylemesh high damage very strict condition to land burst damage) and procs with easier requirements (sheer venom/venomous smite just to name a few) should have lower damage stuff like sheer venom should also get a cool down and or execute modifier removed

all proc sets need nerf,,,, its toxic when proc set with malacath do more dmg then crit of ultimate or apply dots which have 2x dps of skill dots ...
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    Proc builds are only overpowered in combination of malacath or other players procs. 3 proc sets wont kill you if you kite/heal.

Speaking of experience from fighting multiple proc set builds most common one beeing unleashed terror + maelstrom 2h + venomous smite + malacath.

The best counter to these builds is having enough mobility to kite them around while healing and bursting them down quickly with your ultimate. Most of these builds are squishy with around 15-18k resistances and 25k hp

... try it in nonCP... sheet/venom smite.. u basicaly need one buttion to proc 4 dots.. typicaly u are able to )1461 dps (sheer this can scale owertime), 2241, around 1000 from piosion injection around 1000 from poison status efekt .. one button nearly 6k dps .I ussualy able to reach near 2K dps in nonCP bg which easily outperform target vigor. even in case the targer is stam DK with minor and major Mending. yes its true it not kill you alone but I do not need to nearly any price to have this stupidly op option . I am stillable to stack decent WD and sustain and have high healt pool . I also try to test other options in nonCP bg but not even get close to performance of this two sets... another problem its really do not require any skill.. most effective way is use one button and dot them all. BG on current patch looks more like FPS when stamblades and stamsrocs shot their poison injection and stay near to wall to have potiential cover to try out heal the dots. melee means u will get 2-3 of this combination and u will die even if you are magplar ..
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played against a particularly proc driven StamDK and StamCro today. Different weapons but same strategy using Sheer Venom, Crimson and Malacath.

Same strategy too: apply any DOTs + Sheer then switch to 1h+shield and wait for Crimson to proc for more damage and a good old heal. Add a crowd control skill in the mix and there you go...rinse and repeat.

it got a little better when the group gained a ranged for a bit of kiting but still bloody hard to kill.

Would they be as strong without malacath?
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on October 6, 2020 9:08PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I played against a particularly proc driven StamDK and StamCro today. Different weapons but same strategy using Sheer Venom, Crimson and Malacath.

Same strategy too: apply any DOTs + Sheer then switch to 1h+shield and wait for Crimson to proc for more damage and a good old heal. Add a crowd control skill in the mix and there you go...rinse and repeat.

it got a little better when the group gained a ranged for a bit of kiting but still bloody hard to kill.

Would they be as strong without malacath?

Crimson is stupidly OP with Malacath
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is so good at Eternal Vigor? why is not better Beekeper or Orgnum ?
    also i find it harder to kill or survive against opponents that do not even use proc sets. I look on my addon to see what hit me and i don't see proc sets, just regular abilities. Still these people do not die, do double my damage, and never run out of resources.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think Eternal Vigor is OP, its a pure stat set and to gain the benefit of Health regen you lose the Mag and Stam regen.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• GeneraLandon
    Tolino wrote: »
    You can use 3 Proc-Sets + Malacath.
    Monsterset+Procset on Frontbar+Procset on Backbar+malacath+1xTrainee

You lose the crit.
    Let's compare crit vs Malacath.

We take Magplar (because of the extra critdmg)

Magplar in cp:
    1.5 base crit dmg
    +0.1 passive
    +0.1 minor force
    + ~0.2 cp
    =1.9 crit dmg

On average, players have 45-50%Crit resists.
    We have also a 1.4 crit vs 1.25 Malacath.
    But nearly all PvP builds have less than 50% crit! You deal most of the time 1 and not 1.4... +Proc's can't crit anyway

Back to topic:
    -Malacath
    -Sheer Venom
    -Venomus Smite
    -Caluurion's Legacy
    -Draugrkin (Edit. Only noCp)
    -Eternal Vigor

Caluurion's is only supposed to proc off of crit dmg. So it should be unusable with malacath. Right?
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caluurion's is only supposed to proc off of crit dmg. So it should be unusable with malacath. Right?

Right!
    You can't use Venomus Smite and Caluurion's Legacy whit Malacath
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke