The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Overperforming sets in PvP

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a huge issue with Vigor - the player is still required to actually play the game if they want to achieve anything.

After being butchered by various proc-players I joined their ranks: tried Malubeth + Sheer + Crimson + Malacath on my StamDK.....it's disgustingly overpowered. The procs are doing all the work and I don't even have to bother as much with trying to land dizzy.
    My numbers are through the roof in terms of damage and k/d ratio (as well as the hate messages) but it's far from fun or skilled pvp
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on October 8, 2020 8:56AM
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Let's start some:

Sheer venom

Venomous Smite

Draugr's kin <---Zenimax, what the fishstick is this?

Both sets are easy kill for me.
    It is purgable, week.

The only problem with them is, that if you get 10 of them on you = dead.

The same, if some one have 10 mutagens or vigors on them, they are unkillable.

But may be it is better hard code such values than ?

Only 1 effect on you = balanced and no problems.

I really do not see any problems. It hits like ordinary good DOT.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AyaDark wrote: »
    Let's start some:

Sheer venom

Venomous Smite

Draugr's kin <---Zenimax, what the fishstick is this?

Both sets are easy kill for me.
    It is purgable, week.

The only problem with them is, that if you get 10 of them on you = dead.

The same, if some one have 10 mutagens or vigors on them, they are unkillable.

But may be it is better hard code such values than ?

Only 1 effect on you = balanced and no problems.

I really do not see any problems. It hits like ordinary good DOT.

1st problem...not all classes can access cheap skills that allows them to purge DOTs.
    2nd problem: proc related dots and damage are way too cheap and mechanical: they tend to be re-applied very quickly and cheaply
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on October 8, 2020 2:18PM
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    i rly cant understand what u hav ewith venom (and i dont play it ) cause i 1. never see it 2. never die from it and 3. when i tryed it is was way weaker than before
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »
    i rly cant understand what u hav ewith venom (and i dont play it ) cause i 1. never see it 2. never die from it and 3. when i tryed it is was way weaker than before

You ever played BGs? Sheer Venom is very common and very strong in no CP
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »

indeed.... this mix turned me from an average (at best) PvPer into a killing machine (Malubeth + Sheer + Crimson + Malacath).

The problem with proc sets is that people tend to use more than just one!!
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »

Yea, Sheer Venom honestly seems like the single most common set in BGs right now, and it's not uncommon to have multiple copies of it ticking at the same time. It's very cheap and easy to apply, involves the use of an ability that's already worthwhile on its own, and can be back barred with no real opportunity cost. There's even a unique bow that can be acquired from the dungeon's normal mode, which makes farming it much easier than it otherwise would be.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RE: Unleashed & vMA

The one thing I haven't seen people mention here yet. Stampede turns Merciless and Unleashed into an AOE proc. Anyone that steps foot onto the Stampede ground DOT will proc both vMA and Unleashed. It actually refreshes the Merciless buff the entire time to 5s.

b r o k e n

Fought a stamblade with that setup and this is extremely hard to play against.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    what is so good at Eternal Vigor? why is not better Beekeper or Orgnum ?
    also i find it harder to kill or survive against opponents that do not even use proc sets. I look on my addon to see what hit me and i don't see proc sets, just regular abilities. Still these people do not die, do double my damage, and never run out of resources.

Those are probably people that played the game for years and actually became very good, instead of relying on crutches like procs. ZOS says that good players with stats builds will still be stronger than ones with proc sets, which I think is a good idea, but only applies to about 10% top players. All of us potatoes trying to actually learn the game with stat builds get destroyed in BGs by other potatoes in proc sets, and it’s not fun at all. The fact that the best way to learn to play is in BGs, and that BGs are plagued with procs really doesn’t help. I don’t think CP BGs woukd be a good idea, but it would be immensely better than the current situation. Procs in noCP are plain cancer.
    Edited by Swomp23 on October 10, 2020 9:28PM
    XBox One - NA
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy, here's a top 5.
    There's many that are stupid but these are the worst.

Maelstrom 2-Hander: 10k tooltip, AoE, no cooldown, requires just this one weapon so it's easy to combine with any other build. Pretty much immune to purge because it's instantly re-applied.

Unleashed Terror: ~24k bleed damage tooltip, easy to apply and can be appled AoE with Stampede or streak. No proc set has any business doing this much damage, nevermind AoE damage...

Venomous Smite: Stupid high damage, AoE, very easy to proc, procs poison. This thing is everywhere because it's a no brainer and super easy to get. Can easily be backbarred too.

Sheer Venom
    : Very high damage over 6 seconds, execution scaling, procs per target, procs more than once from Poison Injection, easy to apply. Also procs poison. It's on literally everybody in Cyro by now and why not? This thing carries super hard.

Malacath's Band: Game breaking, anyone who says otherwise does not understand ESO PvP. This makes crit rating redundant but essentially turns all your hits into crits versus 50% impen and makes any build with big penetration delete people from the game outright. Stacking percentile modifiers with high weapon or spell damage and something like Balorgh prove just how insane adding this broken piece of garbage to the game was. Add the fact that it boosts the previous sets on this list and it's clear why this is the most broken item.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedrion wrote: »
    Easy, here's a top 5.

Maelstrom 2-Hander: 10k tooltip, AoE, no cooldown, requires just this one weapon so it's easy to combine with any other build. Pretty much immune to purge because it's instantly re-applied.

Unleashed Terror: ~24k bleed damage tooltip, easy to apply and can be appled AoE with Stampede or streak. No proc set has any business doing this much damage, nevermind AoE damage...

Venomous Smite: Stupid high damage, AoE, very easy to proc, procs poison. This thing is everywhere because it's a no brainer and super easy to get. Can easily be backbarred too.

Sheer Venom
    : Very high damage over 6 seconds, execution scaling, procs per target, procs more than once from Poison Injection, easy to apply. Also procs poison. It's on literally everybody in Cyro by now and why not? This thing carries super hard.

Malacath's Band: Game breaking, anyone who says otherwise does not understand ESO PvP. This makes crit rating redundant but essentially turns all your hits into crits versus 50% impen and makes any build with big penetration delete people from the game outright. Stacking percentile modifiers with high weapon or spell damage and something like Balorgh prove just how insane adding this broken piece of garbage to the game was. Add the fact that it boosts the previous sets on this list and it's clear why this is the most broken item.

You can easily add Syvarrra's Scale to that list. Add the fact that the set is bugged (the initial burst part of the set will explode from everyone within proximity of the target it hits).
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    You can easily add Syvarrra's Scale to that list. Add the fact that the set is bugged (the initial burst part of the set will explode from everyone within proximity of the target it hits).

It's easily number six. Like I said, there's tons of trash OP sets out there. Crimson is another offender.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy, here's a top 5.

Sheer Venom

Not one mag proc set listed.

Thats why I dont feel its necessarily Proc sets in general; but stamina
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy, here's a top 5.

Sheer Venom

Not one mag proc set listed.

Thats why I dont feel its necessarily Proc sets in general; but stamina
    There are a few Magicka proc sets that are probably too strong for certain setups, but they're definitely overshadowed by Stamina. Eating ~14k instant damage in a BG because someone's Crystal Frag crit triggered a Caluurion proc is really stupid, but that's not nearly as frequent (or consistent) as the Stamina procs. And Overwhelming Surge + Grothdarr could probably stand to be toned down a bit as well.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina:

-Unleash Terror
    -Venomous Smite
    -Sheer Venom
    -Maelstrom 2H
    -Masters DW

Magicka:

-Overwhelming Surge
    -Grothdar
    -Icy Conjuror
    -Caluurion

Other:

-Oblivion Foe
    -Syvarra Scale
    -Harbringer
    -Malacath (should specifically not buff proc damage)

PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    Stamina:

-Unleash Terror
    -Venomous Smite
    -Sheer Venom
    -Maelstrom 2H
    -Masters DW

Magicka:

-Overwhelming Surge
    -Grothdar
    -Icy Conjuror
    -Caluurion

Other:

-Oblivion Foe
    -Syvarra Scale
    -Harbringer

Totally agree with this disgusting list :lol:
    Crimson is one i'd add to other, it is truly an afk meta atm.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina:

-Unleash Terror
    -Venomous Smite
    -Sheer Venom
    -Maelstrom 2H
    -Masters DW

Magicka:

-Overwhelming Surge
    -Grothdar
    -Icy Conjuror
    -Caluurion

Other:

-Oblivion Foe
    -Syvarra Scale
    -Harbringer

2 got changed. Not the 1st two Id pick tho
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Sheer Venom looks like it's getting a 25% damage reduction. Plus Sergeant's Mail no longer applies to the dual wield off-hand attack. There are also some fixes to Syvarras's Scales. Probably not the sweeping changes people are hoping for but it's a start.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/548984/pts-patch-notes-v6-2-3
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina:

-Unleash Terror
    -Venomous Smite
    -Sheer Venom
    -Maelstrom 2H
    -Masters DW

Magicka:

-Overwhelming Surge
    -Grothdar
    -Icy Conjuror
    -Caluurion

Other:

-Oblivion Foe
    -Syvarra Scale
    -Harbringer

Totally agree with this disgusting list :lol:
    Crimson is one i'd add to other, it is truly an afk meta atm.

totally agree!! Crimson is awful. The only plus is that people don't use it as much
  • sup
    sup
    ✭✭✭
    I finally broke down and made a proc set with malacath, maelstrom maul, and sheer venom. Holy crap...this is the most OP thing ever. I knew that I was facing an insane uphill battle by using a standard nb build in bgs, but this is just absurd. This is my very first match..not even comfortable on this setup yet and I'm not even good.

Screenshot_20201012_153546.png
    Edited by sup on October 12, 2020 8:44PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sup which class?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • sup
    sup
    ✭✭✭
    @sup which class?

Stamina Nightblade
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I especially like the magicka list. Literally listed every set there is and are only 'overperforming' because there is literally nothing else to choose.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Disable proccssets or just setproccs in PvP
    - Disable mysticals in PvP
    - Implement very Strong PvP only sets
    - Rebalance classes.
    Edited by DeHei on October 13, 2020 12:08PM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair. No malacath, proc set dmg is barable.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I don't see a huge issue with Vigor - the player is still required to actually play the game if they want to achieve anything.

After being butchered by various proc-players I joined their ranks: tried Malubeth + Sheer + Crimson + Malacath on my StamDK.....it's disgustingly overpowered. The procs are doing all the work and I don't even have to bother as much with trying to land dizzy.
    My numbers are through the roof in terms of damage and k/d ratio (as well as the hate messages) but it's far from fun or skilled pvp

Sad to see you fall to the dark side.

Is it possible to learn this power?
    Edited by Swomp23 on October 16, 2020 10:47PM
    XBox One - NA
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    I guess yall don't slot Purge or have a skill that purges or a set that purges? I mean your kinda playing Russian Roulette going into pvp without some type of purge.....

The only true argument is the fact that those sets can be placed on multiple targets if each target is targeted because it is a single target ability that procs it.

Sorc doesn't have purge. other classes do, or nb can cloak

Everyone has access to a purge

Wardens have a FREE purge, a FREE buff, and a FREE regeneration, all come from ONE skill, netch.

Everyone has access to these skills, but not everyone has FREE access and ALL from ONE FREE skill.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sup wrote: »
    I finally broke down and made a proc set with malacath, maelstrom maul, and sheer venom. Holy crap...this is the most OP thing ever. I knew that I was facing an insane uphill battle by using a standard nb build in bgs, but this is just absurd. This is my very first match..not even comfortable on this setup yet and I'm not even good.

grats, u kill people in a "no deathmatch BG" and lost...
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    sup wrote: »

grats, u kill people in a "no deathmatch BG" and lost...

Hate to break it to you, no one but pugs play the objective
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip] right back to where we were when bgs launched except worse

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 23, 2020 1:26PM
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik