The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Overperforming sets in PvP

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
Let's start some:

Sheer venom

Venomous Smite

Draugr's kin <---Zenimax, what the fishstick is this?

I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Engine guardian - sustain + mitigation (make the sphere untargetable for all skills except the ones that interrupts)
    Because I can!
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I aree with both of you.

I must confess I'm using EG and it makes a big difference: sustain is huge and targeting is definitely harder due to the sphere floating about!
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheer venom above all because unlike venomous smite it has no cooldown can be applied on multiple targets, executes has great 2-4, can be boosted, double procs off one poison inject with a bow

Engine guardian, sylvarras scales, oblivion foe

But this is zos trying to make the game accessible and easy for everyone
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivions foe?
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eternal Vigor is also used ony almost anything now.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess yall don't slot Purge or have a skill that purges or a set that purges? I mean your kinda playing Russian Roulette going into pvp without some type of purge.....

The only true argument is the fact that those sets can be placed on multiple targets if each target is targeted because it is a single target ability that procs it.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    Sheer venom above all because unlike venomous smite it has no cooldown can be applied on multiple targets, executes has great 2-4, can be boosted, double procs off one poison inject with a bow

Engine guardian, sylvarras scales, oblivion foe

But this is zos trying to make the game accessible and easy for everyone

@JinxxND - Can you clarify what you mean with double proc? Do you mean it will be stacked twice on target or it will refresh/reproc itself or? Either case should not be possible. But worse bugs have been seen.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malacath, but they needed a way to get pvp players to buy the expansion, so why not add (stealth) p2w gear.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thews probably should be added to the list.

I'm not sure Overwhelming, Grothdarr, and Malacath are overperforming individually, but together it's getting a bit nuts.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheer venom double procs because inject is a 10 second skill and the proc is 6 seconds so it reprocs on the 7th second. Harbinger is kinda a joke I wouldn't put it on this list due to the counter play to it for both killing Harbinger build solo and just avoiding the damage IF you know what you are doing

Overwhelming, grothdarr, malacath for sure pretty much most of all the dot proc sets are over tuned that are actually able to land
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malacath's overrated, you have to build very specifically for it to be worth it, and you lose a slot for a 3rd proc set. Alot of players are nerfing their damage unintentionally because they don't realize how much damage crits do.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gaggin wrote: »
    Malacath's overrated, you have to build very specifically for it to be worth it, and you lose a slot for a 3rd proc set. Alot of players are nerfing their damage unintentionally because they don't realize how much damage crits do.

Lol no. I'm using malacath on my stamina nightblade and after much testing on my build even after forgoing 20% crit damage (hemorrhage and minor force from RaT) and minor berserk 8% because of the consistency of damage 100% of the time with malacath paired with proc it ends up doing way more damage the anything else on my specific build as well as many other. It actually has gank levels of damage as well with 0 crit.

That being said malacath isn't necessarily a BiS item as there are plenty of setups that can get more damage utilizing crit rate and general burst esp in medium armor but I would say a majority of setups especially in heavy armor or heavily proc based will perform better with malacath. Safer to say knowing the general population of the game and the general skill level you can put malacath on most people and they will be doing more damage in PvP then without it
    Edited by JinxxND on September 14, 2020 8:41AM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • thatESOdude
    thatESOdude
    ✭✭✭

"lose slot for a 3rd proc set"
    "crit damage"
    "crit damage"
    "crit damage"

.......ok
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes you get a 3rd proc set and keep your crit damage. Malacath buffs proc sets but prevents you from using one. You can make it work but it's hardly OP. Even with 3 proc sets most of your damage will still be critable.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unleashed Terror

Malacath's Band of Brutality
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you get a 3rd proc set and keep your crit damage. Malacath buffs proc sets but prevents you from using one. You can make it work but it's hardly OP. Even with 3 proc sets most of your damage will still be critable.

Monster Set
    Malacath
    Procset 1 - Frontbar Only
    Procset 2 - Backbar Only

People have been doing this for months now. You give up nothing.
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use 3 Proc-Sets + Malacath.
    Monsterset+Procset on Frontbar+Procset on Backbar+malacath+1xTrainee

You lose the crit.
    Let's compare crit vs Malacath.

We take Magplar (because of the extra critdmg)

Magplar in cp:
    1.5 base crit dmg
    +0.1 passive
    +0.1 minor force
    + ~0.2 cp
    =1.9 crit dmg

On average, players have 45-50%Crit resists.
    We have also a 1.4 crit vs 1.25 Malacath.
    But nearly all PvP builds have less than 50% crit! You deal most of the time 1 and not 1.4... +Proc's can't crit anyway

Back to topic:
    -Malacath
    -Sheer Venom
    -Venomus Smite
    -Caluurion's Legacy
    -Draugrkin (Edit. Only noCp)
    -Eternal Vigor
    Edited by Tolino on September 14, 2020 11:52AM
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Way of fire
    Icy conjuring
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malacath coupled with any proccsets is too much dmg.

Venomous Hunter set is the one set that rly needs a phat nerf imo.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malacath's overrated, you have to build very specifically for it to be worth it, and you lose a slot for a 3rd proc set.
    You can have 4 proc sets with Malacaths
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Darlocs on my NB and simply by crouching I can out-heal Venomous Smite lol. I don't understand the cry about this set, and no...I do not use it.

For me Caluurion's Legacy, overhwhelming/grothdarr combo, sheer venom.

I found Malacath to be overrated. Have yet to find a use for it that felt right.
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on September 14, 2020 5:17PM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess yall don't slot Purge or have a skill that purges or a set that purges? I mean your kinda playing Russian Roulette going into pvp without some type of purge.....

The only true argument is the fact that those sets can be placed on multiple targets if each target is targeted because it is a single target ability that procs it.

Right now; only Wardens and Necros actually have a purge in this test as they have the only single target purge. This next test will change that as ER and the actual purge ability will not lock you out of your other AOEs; but generally purges are still reserved to Necro, Warden, Templar outside of running in a group with a dedicated purger
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc doesn't have purge. other classes do, or nb can cloak
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Everyone has access to a purge
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

No, purge is a *** skill that makes you lose anything in any scenario.

Also, overperforming damage over time sets should be out of this game.
    Edited by Skander on September 14, 2020 2:46PM
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc builds are only overpowered in combination of malacath or other players procs. 3 proc sets wont kill you if you kite/heal.

Speaking of experience from fighting multiple proc set builds most common one beeing unleashed terror + maelstrom 2h + venomous smite + malacath.

The best counter to these builds is having enough mobility to kite them around while healing and bursting them down quickly with your ultimate. Most of these builds are squishy with around 15-18k resistances and 25k hp
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been gone for over a year from ESO and this thread is very enlightening! I used to be a huge fan of Overwhelming Surge and was an early adopter way back in the day. But apparently the set changed in the last year or so and I was told it was crap. So when I started looking at my sets I still have over the weekend, I kept coming back to Overwhelming Surge. I dumped a lot of sets but not this one.

What I am reading in this thread is that it isn't a crap set at all? Maybe OP but not CRAP, am I reading this right?
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok... but everyone has access to a purge... still.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok... but everyone has access to a purge... still.

Then go ahead an slot it. Tell us how it went. Especially on your stam toons.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's start some:

Sheer venom

Venomous Smite

Draugr's kin <---Zenimax, what the fishstick is this?

This is the most carried patch I have ever seen. Every fight there are a thousand procs going off and players about to die but still dealing damge while blocking, playing rolly polly, or healing because of their procs. If it stays like this you'll see more and more good players start running these builds then its gonna be absurd. Think we've already seen some zergs Xed entirely by proc sets. Whatever, same dudes who wanted the proc buffs will be regretting it and on the forums begging for nerfs. I'm starting to wonder how easy Xing will be with procs to deal half my damage myself. Why use my skills to attack when my sets are more effective?