The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't find crown crates in store anymore ?

Szith_Dhuum
Szith_Dhuum
Soul Shriven
When I look for the new moon crates or the other crates I can't find either of them (used to be able to last week)
Is this a region lock they haven't announced ? (I'm from Belgium where lootcrates are +- banned)
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a region lock they haven't announced ? (I'm from Belgium where lootcrates are +- banned)

They're still very much there so I guess it's a limitation for people from Belgium (and presumably other places where crates are banned). Guess it's what they'll do unless the ban gets too world wide in which case they'll have to change strategy for how they earn money completely, which could be anything from return of forced sub to much higher cost on voluntary sub, or idk, possibilities are legio here.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I look for the new moon crates or the other crates I can't find either of them (used to be able to last week)

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51597/kw/Belgium Crown Crates

Region lock went live on 21st. You can still earn crates via streams.
    I imagine they will look at other ways of offering the crate rewards in Belgium as an experiment to see if offering them outright is more profitable than offering them as lootboxes.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51596/kw/Belgium Crown Crates
    Edited by Kittytravel on August 23, 2020 8:07PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh my... :/
    Your only solution can be to buy crates for gold (as gifts) from other players.
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

Oh my... :/
    Your only solution can be to buy crates for gold (as gifts) from other players.

Is it confirmed that still works?
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is exactly what I've been saying would happen in such an event for months.

Basically, Belgians are now are locked out of a lot of stuff, it seems.

As I said before, there wasn't going to be an alternative option given, just "nope", and you can't get anything in a crate now.

No, I've never had anything against gambling or games of chance. When I buy a crate, I know very well that I may never get what I want from a natural drop.

That's why I only buy 15 per season. What I don't get, I don't get. That's a expenditure of £30 per three months. I challenge anyone to say that is "out of control", when they likely spend more on coffee in a third of that time.

What people need to understand is that if crates do go completely the way of the dodo, there is no guarantee that all those shiny rewards will be made available for direct purchase as an alternative. In fact I am very much in the camp of thinking they simply won't ever be available again.

Take this incident as an indication of what will actually happen when people get what they want.

As I said a few months ago, be careful what you wish for, as you might just get it.

Aren't I lucky that I don't care at all for the shiny apex mounts?!

This is, unless, ZOS provides Belgians with a way to acquire gems in larger and more reliable volumes. My discussions with a friend in the country suggest nothing like that is available. And then it raises the question, if Belgians could in the future buy this way, why can't everyone else? It's very unlikely to work out that way because of this question.

You see, one country, and geographically not a very big one at that, is going to be taken by ZOS as an acceptable loss right now.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too much against or pro crown crates, but if all the shiny stuff will be available for crowns and, especially, if we won't see any of those disgustingly expensive crown gem exclusives anymore, I would be a tad happier.
    But I have suspicion that it takes more countries to ban crates first.
  • Szith_Dhuum
    Szith_Dhuum
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for all the answers guys !

Do you think using a VPN would work as a workaround ?
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    North American player, when I was on last night it said there were 11 hours left on them. I haven't been in the game yet today.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    North American player, when I was on last night it said there were 11 hours left on them. I haven't been in the game yet today.

This only affects players at Belgian addresses.

Unless you mean you are in Belgium and playing on the NA server?
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Velothis
    Velothis
    Another reason to stop playing... Ive been away for a year, came back with my old trial grpup a few months ago and seeing ZOS react to their own crown ***, now they are being *** by belgiam law but check their so called solution on their faq..... That response is an insult to belgian players and once again shiws they don't play their own game (can we use path again? Or is conversion unbugged? What about a vhrc ffs...) Idc that much about the crates but ffs... Give this game to another company please, even EA would be better at this point....
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭

No, I am from Xbox NA and live in the USA and I had this issue as well. The Crown Store said it was slated to end 3 days early.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »

No, I am from Xbox NA and live in the USA and I had this issue as well. The Crown Store said it was slated to end 3 days early.

Yes, correct. PS4 NA, US address, the New Moon crates have been gone for two days.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »

Yes, correct. PS4 NA, US address, the New Moon crates have been gone for two days.

This post is about crown crates in general. There's a post about New Moon Crates here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/542759/new-moon-crates-gone-3-days-early
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51597/kw/Belgium Crown Crates

Region lock went live on 21st. You can still earn crates via streams.
    I imagine they will look at other ways of offering the crate rewards in Belgium as an experiment to see if offering them outright is more profitable than offering them as lootboxes.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51596/kw/Belgium Crown Crates

How do you even get crates from Stream? I've linked my twitch account, and watched people streams that have loot enabled or something. Been watching people for days and havent even gotten any
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that explains it.
    I thought I was bugged and was about to reinstall everything.
    I'm an ESO+ player and have been for over 2 years, also bought all the available chapters. I bought Crown Crates regularly.

I understand Bethesda's legal point of view, however, as both a resident of Belgium and loyal subscriber it is my understanding that I should be able to do with my money as I please and if that means purchasing Crown Crates where I may or may not get the items I want, it is still my choice, I am 18+.

I guess I have no choice but to find a Crown Crate seller now.

Will the items be put up for purchase later? I have crown gems and crowns saved for the sole purpose of that.

This is unfortunate and I can't help but feel very disappointed.
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, their crown crate rules will probably be changing for everyone.

Microsoft doesn't nickel & dime as much when it comes to RNG. So let's hope that is one positive change that comes out of the purchase.
  • LassyOfBurgundia
    I know this post has been around for a year and a half now, but I just want to say that with the Shade polymorph being locked in a Crown Crate pack, Belgian players are effectively locked out of acquiring a certain item - ever.
    Microsoft doesn't nickel & dime as much when it comes to RNG.
    So far I haven't seen any improvements - on the contrary.
    • Armagne | Breton | Magica Arcanist
    • Dar'Krin of Riverhold | Khajiit | Hybrid Nightblade
    • Do'Khar-Jo | Khajiit | Stamina Sorcerer
    • Do'Mora | Khajiit | Stamina Arcanist
    Material guardians: M'Risha the Alcookmist | Nagamoriel | La Pie Enchanteresse | Watches-the-Traits | Lymdrenn Stylewarden | Björn Mat-Holder