The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Raz kitty pet

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
Nice kitty, I think he is one of the many sons of our Razum-dar.
Look at the expression on his face... he is sad... because his father (Raz) ran away with another kitten, leaving his mother alone...
Ok I'll adopt him :-)
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Teridax941
    Teridax941
    ✭✭✭
    He is cute. I was rather left wondering whether he does indeed have a connection to Raz. I couldn't tell if he is an actually Khajiit (for lack of a better term) or just another senche cub. Any thoughts?
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teridax941 wrote: »
    He is cute. I was rather left wondering whether he does indeed have a connection to Raz. I couldn't tell if he is an actually Khajiit (for lack of a better term) or just another senche cub. Any thoughts?

I think he's just an actual cat or maybe a senche because his text says "“Sweet young things like to give this one kittens as keepsakes,” says Eye of the Queen Razum-dar, “but raising a pet is not consistent with Raz’s romantic but itinerant life of intrigue. Perhaps you could give cute Ja’khajiit a good home, yes?”"

So unless Raz is saying they give him kittens, as in baby kajiits, his own flesh and blood children, and he only considered them keepsakes (which would make him pretty horrible) then he means baby Raz is just a cute kitty....... at least I'm going to take it that way.
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Very very nice :)
    PC | EU
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If it's an actual khajiit then the hind legs are totally angled wrong. After Morrowind, they changed the legs for khajiit and argonians to be "human legs".
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

If it's an actual khajiit then the hind legs are totally angled wrong. After Morrowind, they changed the legs for khajiit and argonians to be "human legs".

There are several breeds of khajiit. Some of them have plantigrade, others digitigrade legs. Argonians likely still has versions with digitigrade legs, though they have less specified breeds.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athyrium93 wrote: »
    So unless Raz is saying they give him kittens, as in baby kajiits, his own flesh and blood children, and he only considered them keepsakes (which would make him pretty horrible)

Actually I think it is meant that way? Or am I thinking too cynical here?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • HoyaCarnosa
    HoyaCarnosa
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Athyrium93 wrote: »
    So unless Raz is saying they give him kittens, as in baby kajiits, his own flesh and blood children, and he only considered them keepsakes (which would make him pretty horrible)

Actually I think it is meant that way? Or am I thinking too cynical here?

Well someone on reddit mentioned that in the Background of the Raz Kitty there is a Khajiit on a lamp post "it looks like he turns the back to the little one", the "hairstyle" of this new pet could be inherited, the eyes of raz seem to be blue /green so maybe the mother has blue eyes or it is like other cats /children that the eyes later turn in colour, most of us know since northern elsweyr that Raz has many liaisons...and like the comment on reddit says (i dont know if that is true) young khajiit children are sometimes called ja khajiit (as i said, i dont know if that is true).... but yes every aspect of that pet points to him giving away his unwanted children...
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well someone on reddit mentioned that in the Background of the Raz Kitty there is a Khajiit on a lamp post "it looks like he turns the back to the little one"

Yep:

907c79cbcaa9f6d453038116494c3308.jpg
    (i dont know if that is true) young khajiit children are sometimes called ja khajiit

They are indeed.

I find the concept of this pet creepy. Honestly. It also looks so sad.

@Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this was initially introduced in 2018, the crown store article read:
    Are you fond of a certain charming Khajiit agent? Don’t miss out on these new ESO Crown Store offerings!

PETS
    Ja'khajiit Raz
    d673e131a53481c154eab4ba68aed7bb.jpg
    "Sweet young things like to give this one kittens as keepsakes," says Eye of the Queen Razum-dar, "but raising a pet is not consistent with Raz's romantic but itinerant life of intrigue. Perhaps you could give this cute Ja'khajiit a good home, yes?"
    !

It was never answered if giving the kitten a home includes a monthly support crowns.
    Edited by Reverb on August 5, 2020 6:54PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would not buy it, but I got this pet from Baandari crates as a drop, and I've been actually using it for one of my khajiit characters since then. There are two reasons:

1) it matches color scheme of the character (yellow fur, red weapons and details on clothes)
    2) this little senche has animations which I haven't seen before on senche cubs. He uses eating animation and attack animation. I love those <3
    I don't own many senche cubs, so maybe there are other cub(s) with these animations :) If there is other senche cub which uses same two animations, please tell me.

I don't like the haircut, it's the only bad part of this pet for me. I'm simply not a fan of Raz character, and this haircut reminds me of him :(