The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yorgrim River Ram - eyes

Ulfberht
Ulfberht
✭✭
The new Yorgrim River Ram mount in the crown store is great but it never blinks it's eyes. Could this be fixed?

As a matter of fact many of the mounts do not blink at all. A few do such as the wolf and bear but not all of them. Same for the Non-Combat Pets, none of them blink at all.

It may be a small detail but one that leaves the pets and mounts looking lifeless and dull. I would love to see this issue addressed if able.

Thank you kindly for reading,

Ulfberht
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey, @Ulfberht :) I agree, this little detail is sometimes ignored.
    Some mounts don't even try to blink, while other mounts have "simplified" blinking animation - their eyes just twitch a little, and it can pass as blinking.

Simple animals which we have in store (and which you have, if I understand correctly) are very old mounts; they actually use full blinking animation and we can see their eye lids clearly. I love it <3
    There are other mounts which use full blinking animation. For example: Ice Wolf, Gorne Striped Wolf, Clouded Senche-Leopard, Black Camel of Ill Omen. Death Mask Sabre Cat and same bulky sabre cats also actually blink, but too fast and it's easy to mistake their blinking for "simple eye twitching" :)

There are even special mounts with glowing eyes, who are not "natural" creatures and would not be expected to blink. But they blink and even use full animation for this! It doesn't disrupt the glow, adding nice detail to every such mount :) For example: the very old and the very first special mount ever, Dro-m'Athra Senche; Doom Wolf; the newest special mount Sagacious Psijic Senche; Nightmare Senche.

Some examples of mounts with simplified, "twitching eyes" blinking animation: Frostbane Sabre Cat, Karthwolf Charger, Masked Bear.

Some natural mounts have lively bright eyes, but they don't blink and it's sad :/ For example: Baandari Pedlar Senche-Lion, Dragonscale Barded Wolf (is probably the only wolf mount who has lifeless eyes which look like they were carved from stone :o ), Goutfang Senche-raht, Tenmar Senche-Tiger, Verdant Tattoo Shorn camel.

Horses/Indrik and Guar never blink, and this fact I can't understand :disappointed:
    Yorgrim River Ram also uses "Indrik-based" mount model, so it doesn't blink. I suggest you to submit your feedback via in-game Help system, to be sure that designers read it. At least this mount is still in store, so every improvement to it might be justified... And then, maybe all mounts will be improved someday :blush:

Edited by Fischblut on July 30, 2020 10:59PM