The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should proc set damage be decreased by battlespirit?

• Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc set tooltips should be lowered via battlespirit, but malacath should still work on them
    Xologamer wrote: »
    I get that most Proc sets are useless in pve, questing and so on bc they can`t crit and will almost always be outperformed by stat sets (with the exception of monster sets and relequen). But buffing the damage to a point where they are usefull in pve will hurt PvP and vice versa. So Proc sets should get the same treatment as healing in PvP and get reduced to a point where they are usefull, but will never outshine stat sets. Espacially with malacaths ring of brutality, which buffs your proc sets more then your normal attacks, proc sets are outperforming almost anything already.

lower the tooltip but the actual dmg is already nerfed :)

So with no additional stats at all unleashed does 19k. Dizzy swing you need nearly 8k weapon damage to get the same tooltip. The damage is reduced by 50% in both cases. Only with 8k weapon damage your build has nothing else. No resistance, no recovery to use your weapon damage. With unleashed I can have 3 recovery glyphs and 2 other proc sets 😂

Proc sets should be lowered via battle spirit to meet the same or slightly more(because they can't crit) to an equivalent skill. If they are working as intended in pve then battlespirit is the best option in my opinion.

maybe i just dont get the point but
    " The damage is reduced by 50% in both cases"
    "Proc sets should be lowered via battle spirit to meet the same or slightly more(because they can't crit) to an equivalent skill. "

so you just want the tooltip adjustet but NO nerf or buff ? isnt that what i wrote in my 1. comment ?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Proc set tooltips should be lowered via battlespirit and malacath shouldnt work on them
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Honestly, if anyone dies from proc sets alone they really are garbage players. Especially, with the tank meta still in full swing. A bad player is not going to be able to put on proc sets and be able to kill a skilled player. There is a lot more involved in pvp than just putting out damage.

So, if someone wants to use passive damage let them. If someone wants to use stat bonuses and kill with skill then let them. Stop trying to make everyone play the game you want. If you are constantly dieing to a particular person it is because that person is doing something that your build can't compensate for or they are just plain better than you.

The only tanks left in PvP are those fulfilling a tank role. You still get tanks rocking proc sets to kill inexperienced players.
    I get that most Proc sets are useless in pve, questing and so on bc they can`t crit and will almost always be outperformed by stat sets (with the exception of monster sets and relequen). But buffing the damage to a point where they are usefull in pve will hurt PvP and vice versa. So Proc sets should get the same treatment as healing in PvP and get reduced to a point where they are usefull, but will never outshine stat sets. Espacially with malacaths ring of brutality, which buffs your proc sets more then your normal attacks, proc sets are outperforming almost anything already.

lower the tooltip but the actual dmg is already nerfed :)

So with no additional stats at all unleashed does 19k. Dizzy swing you need nearly 8k weapon damage to get the same tooltip. The damage is reduced by 50% in both cases. Only with 8k weapon damage your build has nothing else. No resistance, no recovery to use your weapon damage. With unleashed I can have 3 recovery glyphs and 2 other proc sets 😂

Proc sets should be lowered via battle spirit to meet the same or slightly more(because they can't crit) to an equivalent skill. If they are working as intended in pve then battlespirit is the best option in my opinion.

maybe i just dont get the point but
    " The damage is reduced by 50% in both cases"
    "Proc sets should be lowered via battle spirit to meet the same or slightly more(because they can't crit) to an equivalent skill. "

so you just want the tooltip adjustet but NO nerf or buff ? isnt that what i wrote in my 1. comment ?

Apologies, perhaps I wasn't clear or maybe I didn't understand what you meant.
    I am saying the proc damage shouldn't exceed that of an equivalent skill.

For example, burning talons does an average of
    5k over 4 secs maybe more, maybe less depending how you invest your stats. So let's add 1 second to it making 6,250. If we compare this to unleashed which does 19k over 5 secs we can see the disparity.

If we half these totals by battle spirit.

Burning talons 3,125 = 625 per sec
    (Crit no cp 750 per sec)
    Unleashed 9,500 = 1900 per sec
    (Cannot crit)

Burning talons is one of the strongest dots in the game.

These are rough numbers and yes unleashed has a cooldown, however it also has no stat investment. You also don't kill players over 10 seconds, when it happens and everything lines up it happens in under 5. You could also wear unleashed on back bar, pariah body and easily kill someone. To typically build a stat build, you cannot afford a tank set. Skills also cost resources, you can use something that offers both like dragon's appetite or ancient dragonguard etc...

So what we are saying is they need to reduce proc sets in PvP to meet that of an average skill tooltip that fulfils a similar function. So unleashed's (for example)tooltip should have it's damage halved again or its duration extended. All proc sets need to be looked at similarly in PvP to ensure they don't replace the need for skills or the option to use them.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc set tooltips shouldnt be lowered via battlespirit
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Honestly, if anyone dies from proc sets alone they really are garbage players. Especially, with the tank meta still in full swing. A bad player is not going to be able to put on proc sets and be able to kill a skilled player. There is a lot more involved in pvp than just putting out damage.

So, if someone wants to use passive damage let them. If someone wants to use stat bonuses and kill with skill then let them. Stop trying to make everyone play the game you want. If you are constantly dieing to a particular person it is because that person is doing something that your build can't compensate for or they are just plain better than you.

The only tanks left in PvP are those fulfilling a tank role. You still get tanks rocking proc sets to kill inexperienced players.

There are plenty of people running tank builds that are not in the "tank role". Unless you play exclusively in zergs it is almost required to be tank build. Sorcs and NB are the only ones that can really get away with a non-tank build and not be in a zerg. Wardens, templars, DK, and necros all have to build tanky in order to deal any damage without constantly healing or running.

And, as you pointed out, proc sets are only killing inexperienced players. Players that are dieing to all the builds out there.

Yes, the new set coming out with a 19k over 5 second dot is OP but that doesn't mean all proc sets need to be nerfed.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc set tooltips should be lowered via battlespirit and malacath shouldnt work on them
    Proc sets should be put where they belong..In the trash can !
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Proc set tooltips shouldn't be lowered via battlespirit, but malacath shouldnt work on them
    My preferred option isn't in the list, which is: Proc set damage should be reduced via Battle Spirit in no CP only and Malacath shouldn't work with them.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • adilazimdegilx
    adilazimdegilx
    ✭✭✭
    Proc set tooltips shouldn't be lowered via battlespirit, but malacath shouldnt work on them
    Proc sets with Malacath shouldnt have been a thing in first place. Proc sets cannot crit anyway thus nullifying Malacath's drawback. And you can just give up on your own crit to get more penetration/damage/sustain as much as you can so completely ignore it.
    In any case you shouldnt be able to nullify Mytic items drawbacks. That's what happened with Thrassian and now it is being redesigned (changes are not finalized yet for next DLC, so I'm not saying it's good or bad right now).
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole point of Malacath is to trade off less reliable RNG crit damage for higher overall damage that is more consistent.
    Procs don't benefit from crit in the first place, so malacath shouldn't apply to them since there's zero trade-offs for procs.
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso