The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is it some can run around killing everyone in seconds while they are unaffected by lag? Skill?

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Cheat program lol, its called a desync stop with the conspiracy theories. Global cooldown on skills is server side and can’t be manipulated. The game is just broke.

What I stated is factually correct. Whether thats the case here I did not say. I stated a fact for what works with it here. No need to defend here or deflect.

I think we have different opinions on what factually correct means. As toxic as cheating is the only thing worse is accusing people of cheating with no merit.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, you can't rely on your death recap to have any idea what is going on. It is completely nonquantitative.

You need the add-on Combat Metrics (CM) to learn what is happening in PvP. It records every event with a user-side timestamp. You can open log mode and see exactly what someone did to you and when your computer recorded the event.

Next, you need a target dummy.

Get Combat metrics and go try light attack weaving for 20 seconds on your target dummy. Use one skill and one light attack.

Then open CM and look at the time between when your light attack hit and your ability hit. If you are good, you can get the ability to hit 0.1 seconds after the light attack consistently. That is called weaving. It lets two attacks hit at the same time.

Now go to target dummy. Try: Dizzying Swing, Medium attack, executioner as Technohic mentioned. If you are good, you can get them to land almost the same time. If you add in subterrean assault you can get 4 attacks to hit at once. This is called a "burst" and is perfectly normal.

Now go to Cyrodil and play every day for 3 years and look at your CM logs after most significant fights. You will see with most fights there is variability compared to the target dummy. You can't land your light attack and ability as closely, there is lag, you are excited, the player moves etc. etc.

But occasionally you will see some cheating. The most common one is this: some players, again and again over different conditions of lag etc, "always" land their abilities after light/heavy attacks within 0.01 seconds...every single time with a very low standard deviation. Note the time scale. Not 0.1 seconds, 0.01 seconds, way faster than a human reaction time.

This is done very easily with mouse button macros. You could program your mouse to light attack weave for you. Instead of the button causing ability to go off, the button has a little macro: "light attack , pause 0.01 seconds, ability". I suspect they do not try to program much longer macros as those would fail from lag. But some combo bursts could probably be macroed. I have never gotten used to a multi button mouse but lots of players use them and they come with instrucitonson how to set up macros.

Of course this is cheating but it is also built into the game mechanics. ZOS "could" detect this since it is obvious in a large sample size. But I don't think they want to bother.

That being said, I would guess 98% of PvPers do NOT cheat.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    First example: Snipe "desync"' as I am told. I was killed by 4 lethal shots but died instantly before I knew I was even in combat, so basically one shotted by an ability with a 1 second cast hitting me 4 times all at once. I looked into this and decided to test it out....funny it doesn't work for me. In fact all of these elite" players seems to know exactly when I am shooting at them even though they are not even at an aspect where they should see me....oh and I'm stealthed. Amazing that. Aside from that I tried this snipe spam and not seeing it. So what are these players doing? Is it some exploit? Macro?

What about the ones I see running around taking out people left and right with 5 players beating on them seemingly taking no damage? Why is it the "desync" isn't working then? I have a dude land 4 dizzying swings on me in 1 second, yet no one can hit him.

So what I am getting at here is....no way some of these people are not flat out cheating somehow. I call BS. You dodge right when I shoot at you even though you were running the other way and I was stealthed, see it all the time. Perfect timing.

People "one shot" me with 4-1 second abilities but no one can do damage to them? Why doesn't it work both ways?

I hear this lag this lag that, desync this desyc that....how about cheaters? Exploits? Every MMORPG has them, why doesn't ESO?

I have 1gb internet and tests at 1 gb upload and download so it's certainly not on my end. And again....if Cyrodiil is sooooooooooooo laggy for everyone, why does it only affect certain players and not others? Is it "skill" to be able to land 4 dizzying swings in what is to me 1 second? And what "skill" does this person possess that allows him to do this but it doesn't work at all for me against him?

Sorry but I'm calling bs.

shrug, the old trick was when there was a bad lag out... people would reset their routers and when they logged back in they were lag free for a time while everyone that didn't was still in lagged state.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    First example: Snipe "desync"' as I am told. I was killed by 4 lethal shots but died instantly before I knew I was even in combat, so basically one shotted by an ability with a 1 second cast hitting me 4 times all at once.

It wasnt cast one time. The reason Snipe falls victim to nerf threads, and complaint threads is because it is the biggest ranged ability in the game.

The servers lag. These snipers find you, and are hella far away and start to snipe you. They get 4-5 shots off before you react because on their side of the server they have fired this ability, and done their cast times. However through the lag the game isnt registering the damage happening to your character. So all 4-5 snipes are landing at the same time for a "desync'd" snipe kill.

There isnt much skill involved with people that abuse this. Most times snipe spammers are only going to get a kill if the person they are sniping isnt moving, or not paying attention.

You will always get a fight where its like a 3v1 and you feel like you are going to win then you get sniped. Thats pretty rough, but thats not an indication that the skill broken or anything. Anybody could of come up and spammed you with a spamable.

So just to say what I just said shorter. "This isnt cheating, this is just the server lag reacting to a skill that has a large travel time, and can only be fixed by Zos fixing the servers"
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    First of all, you can't rely on your death recap to have any idea what is going on. It is completely nonquantitative.

You need the add-on Combat Metrics (CM) to learn what is happening in PvP. It records every event with a user-side timestamp. You can open log mode and see exactly what someone did to you and when your computer recorded the event.

Next, you need a target dummy.

Get Combat metrics and go try light attack weaving for 20 seconds on your target dummy. Use one skill and one light attack.

Then open CM and look at the time between when your light attack hit and your ability hit. If you are good, you can get the ability to hit 0.1 seconds after the light attack consistently. That is called weaving. It lets two attacks hit at the same time.

Now go to target dummy. Try: Dizzying Swing, Medium attack, executioner as Technohic mentioned. If you are good, you can get them to land almost the same time. If you add in subterrean assault you can get 4 attacks to hit at once. This is called a "burst" and is perfectly normal.

Now go to Cyrodil and play every day for 3 years and look at your CM logs after most significant fights. You will see with most fights there is variability compared to the target dummy. You can't land your light attack and ability as closely, there is lag, you are excited, the player moves etc. etc.

But occasionally you will see some cheating. The most common one is this: some players, again and again over different conditions of lag etc, "always" land their abilities after light/heavy attacks within 0.01 seconds...every single time with a very low standard deviation. Note the time scale. Not 0.1 seconds, 0.01 seconds, way faster than a human reaction time.

This is done very easily with mouse button macros. You could program your mouse to light attack weave for you. Instead of the button causing ability to go off, the button has a little macro: "light attack , pause 0.01 seconds, ability". I suspect they do not try to program much longer macros as those would fail from lag. But some combo bursts could probably be macroed. I have never gotten used to a multi button mouse but lots of players use them and they come with instrucitonson how to set up macros.

Of course this is cheating but it is also built into the game mechanics. ZOS "could" detect this since it is obvious in a large sample size. But I don't think they want to bother.

That being said, I would guess 98% of PvPers do NOT cheat.

I got hit with 2 dizzying swings, an executioner, blastbones, and a heavy attack and died in like 2 seconds. The blastbones I get because you can time that. I initiated the fight from stealth and the dude just dropped me before I knew what happened, it was that quick. So I know from the time I attacked to the time I was dead was just 2 seconds or so, so fast my head was spinning. When I saw all the attacks I was amazed. How on earth do you get two dizzying swings and a heavy attack off that fast? Then an executioner on top of it. And I am calling bs on lag for this one because I popped from stealth on this, it wasn't someone desync sniping me while I didn't realize it.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Oakenaxe wrote: »
    Simple answer. Gaming router hard wired no wifi and at least 10mbps down for online gaming. I used to use a regular wifi router and got destroyed like 90% of the time. Router died so decided to upgrade and whoa huge difference went from average 40ms ping to 7 to 8ms ping. This is the real meaning of git gud imo lol.

I got all that bro, why do I still have Dk's jumping on me and killing me in 2 seconds with 3 or 4 dizzying swings?

That dizzying swing spam is so ridiculous... I get those too, but I play with 200++ ms ping.
    Rianai wrote: »
    When i was new to the game and PvP in particular, i also often died without having a clue what was going on. So i started recording and rewatching those "wft just happened" moments, which helped a lot at figuring out, what to watch out for and eventually also how to deal with a lot of those situations. Combat log addons can also provide useful information.

But your posts are way to vague to provide helpful information based on those.

What's vague? ROFL. I die in 1-2 seconds and the log says I was hit by 3 dizzying swings and two light attacks.....or 4 lethal arrows.

The well know cheat program is still alive and well. They limited what you can do but SPEED is still on users end. This speeds up channeled abilities in addition to movement speed.

Makes sense. Just in a BG I was finished off by a dude with a Dizzying Swing and Executioner, I actually heard the hits 1-2 and they both landed within about a second like a light attack followed directly by an instant ability. Too fast, not possible even with animation canceling.

Dizzy swing starts the 1 second GCD when activated. By the time it completes, someone can have a medium attack go off immediately and executioner .2 seconds after so near instant. No cheat there

HOw about 2 dizzying swings and a heavy attack? Because a dude did that to me last night and about insta-shotted me. Oh, and an executioner.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple answer. Gaming router hard wired no wifi and at least 10mbps down for online gaming. I used to use a regular wifi router and got destroyed like 90% of the time. Router died so decided to upgrade and whoa huge difference went from average 40ms ping to 7 to 8ms ping. This is the real meaning of git gud imo lol.

I got all that bro, why do I still have Dk's jumping on me and killing me in 2 seconds with 3 or 4 dizzying swings?

That dizzying swing spam is so ridiculous... I get those too, but I play with 200++ ms ping.
    When i was new to the game and PvP in particular, i also often died without having a clue what was going on. So i started recording and rewatching those "wft just happened" moments, which helped a lot at figuring out, what to watch out for and eventually also how to deal with a lot of those situations. Combat log addons can also provide useful information.

What's vague? ROFL. I die in 1-2 seconds and the log says I was hit by 3 dizzying swings and two light attacks.....or 4 lethal arrows.

The well know cheat program is still alive and well. They limited what you can do but SPEED is still on users end. This speeds up channeled abilities in addition to movement speed.

Makes sense. Just in a BG I was finished off by a dude with a Dizzying Swing and Executioner, I actually heard the hits 1-2 and they both landed within about a second like a light attack followed directly by an instant ability. Too fast, not possible even with animation canceling.

Dizzy swing starts the 1 second GCD when activated. By the time it completes, someone can have a medium attack go off immediately and executioner .2 seconds after so near instant. No cheat there

HOw about 2 dizzying swings and a heavy attack? Because a dude did that to me last night and about insta-shotted me. Oh, and an executioner.

Its hard to say with the lag because it can cause it. When it gets really bad, a lot of times these abilities get queued up and just go off at once. They had the issue before and fixed it, but its been back. Before it looked like the below clip. It is not quite like that now but does a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YLzWXqcQ9U

And that's why a lot of us PvPers are very angry at current performance
  • marke1
    marke1
    ✭✭✭
    [quote="ShadowProc;c-6
    [/quote]

This all the time and before I am even in melee range or faster than I can get block up . Mean while if I try to use dizzy I am just stuck in the anim for like 5s if it goes off at all.
    Edited by marke1 on July 22, 2020 10:39PM
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one has answered my question though....why does the lag only work one way? I see the same players over and over in Cyrodiil (no names mentioned) who can freely run around a million mph LOSing 10 people, dodging non-stop, and easily
    and quickly killing one by one until they are finally brought down. Why aren't the abilities of the 10 people fighting this guy benefiting from desync but the one guy who can kill half of this group before being brought down can get off abilities at speeds everyone calls dsync?

Why are only "scrubs" victims of lag and desync while the one "git gud" guy is just destroying everyone and not being affected in the same way? THis is what is fishy to me and I am not buying the lag theory.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody is unaffected by lag, desyncs and bugs. It probably hurts solo and small scalers the most. Which is why most of them simply stop playing when the lag is getting bad.
  • Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    No one has answered my question though....why does the lag only work one way? I see the same players over and over in Cyrodiil (no names mentioned) who can freely run around a million mph LOSing 10 people, dodging non-stop, and easily
    and quickly killing one by one until they are finally brought down. Why aren't the abilities of the 10 people fighting this guy benefiting from desync but the one guy who can kill half of this group before being brought down can get off abilities at speeds everyone calls dsync?

Why are only "scrubs" victims of lag and desync while the one "git gud" guy is just destroying everyone and not being affected in the same way? THis is what is fishy to me and I am not buying the lag theory.

I think they just roll dodge A LOT and when they don't they LOS or on the few occasions they take a few hits those "scrubs" as you call them hitting the "gud" players just have really poor damage overall and/or aren't ulti dumping. That's why on the majority of 1vX videos available all that's being showcased is a competent well geared player vs potatos. Lag or no lag I'm pretty convinced those players wouldn't be able to pull most of those clips off against other competent players that know how to burst people down.
    Edited by Aeternum113 on July 24, 2020 3:34PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is there but we cannot dismiss server lag as we know all too well that the ESO servers have poor performance in PvP.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

There is there but we cannot dismiss server lag as we know all too well that the ESO servers have poor performance in PvP.

There is lag i do agree. But this answer is important. If anyone fights me on a crappy wifi set-up they are not going to win, it's not possible. It's also not just lag but the code. They're changing things in this game they really shouldn't be and it is destabilizing the entire game. After 6 months of blue screens I have to say it is better no more blue screens for myself or my better half. Thing is now there is some weird ability delay and some abilities just don't go off at all. Between the lag this is the coding issue. My main point is with that post this is the difference that I experienced in my first mayhem. Like I probably killed around 25% area of enemies encountered before my router died on me. So I went and bought a 250 dollar gaming router. Immediately I was awesome was winning 75% plus of fights afterwards and this was the only change besides adding ethernet cable. It's imperative that this be mentioned because it makes one of the biggest differences I've ever seen.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Op you wont find an answer to this question.
    ESO pvp is the fishiest thing i have ever seen.

Other mmorpgs have pretty clear pvp system when you are able to learn it by observing oppponent's actions and try to master (for example wow - you see some player evaded your spell, you look carefuly - damn boy, he shadowmelded in meele range! cool! i will practice and do the same! wow, i managed to do the same, now i will practice more!). You literally able to understand every mechanic pvp games have.

Eso one is ... some sustain geared character rolls 24/7 over clifs, insta break free regardless of lag and 3x shot most players during break free animation (because these "noobs" not able to insta break free somehow). Once again, def geared player does more damage to damage geared player than vise versa. What do you expect from that game ?

"uh oh l2p", "uh oh learn 2 combo", "u mad and bad", "its desync", "its bad mood", "its bad weather"
    I mean, when you run for that guy and spam 1 skill, half of these hits wont register even when the guy clearly not rolling on your screen. I havnt seen these guys being hit middle roll dodge as they should when "oh boooy its desyc problem!", they are barely hit when not even dodging lul, meanwhile i've been hit by these tryhads midrolling. Its not "sometimes i cant hit him, sometimes he is not able to hit me", its "iam not able to register a hit meanwhile each time tryhard turns to me iam dead even when iam trying to roll"
    You can open any tryhard dude pov video, he recieves really crap damage like he is fighting sub 50 green geared players.
    And when i pull 3+ players iam instantly dead when eight when stop to chainroll.

My conclusion is these guys are living in the server's basement and have really low ping for all actions being registered.
    Can not explain it otherwise.
    Edited by Tammany on July 25, 2020 1:34PM
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    Op you wont find an answer for this question.

Other mmorpgs have pretty clear pvp system when you learn it and master, eso one is ... some sustain geared character rolls 24/7 over clifs and 3x shot most players who geared for damage and do crap damage to that player.
    "uh oh l2p", "uh oh learn 2 combo"
    I mean, when you run for that guy and spam 1 skill, half of these hits wont register even when the guy clearly not rolling on your screen. I havnt seen these guys being hit middle roll dodge, they are barely hit when not even dodging lul, meanwhile i've been hit by these tryhads midrolling. You can open any tryhard dude pov video, he recieves really crap damage like he is fighting sub 50 green geared players.

My conclusion is these guys are living in the server's basement and have really low ping. Can not explain it otherwise.

Man I so agree with you...I may be new to ESO PvP but I am an experienced PvP player since the days of pre-Trammel Ultima Online. I can't figure this one out at all. None of it makes sense to me no matter how hard I try to make sense of it lol. I want to be able to dodge 10 times in a row then "one-shot" someone with 5 stamina abilities. Somehow I find it difficult without having the 100k stamina these "elite" players seem to have.
  • Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    Op you wont find an answer for this question.

Other mmorpgs have pretty clear pvp system when you learn it and master, eso one is ... some sustain geared character rolls 24/7 over clifs and 3x shot most players who geared for damage and do crap damage to that player.
    "uh oh l2p", "uh oh learn 2 combo"
    I mean, when you run for that guy and spam 1 skill, half of these hits wont register even when the guy clearly not rolling on your screen. I havnt seen these guys being hit middle roll dodge, they are barely hit when not even dodging lul, meanwhile i've been hit by these tryhads midrolling. You can open any tryhard dude pov video, he recieves really crap damage like he is fighting sub 50 green geared players.

My conclusion is these guys are living in the server's basement and have really low ping. Can not explain it otherwise.

Man I so agree with you...I may be new to ESO PvP but I am an experienced PvP player since the days of pre-Trammel Ultima Online. I can't figure this one out at all. None of it makes sense to me no matter how hard I try to make sense of it lol. I want to be able to dodge 10 times in a row then "one-shot" someone with 5 stamina abilities. Somehow I find it difficult without having the 100k stamina these "elite" players seem to have.

Yup, I wasn't able to figure ESO's pvp out either and not because I haven't tried... I invested loads of time trying, so I moved on back to a game that has a transparent pvp system that I can and had already figured out. I guess I'm just "too basic" for ESO's pvp "complex" design.
    Edited by Aeternum113 on July 26, 2020 11:22AM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    or they killed you in 1 seconds because of the dizzy-swibg medium attack executioner combo that was mentioned earlier.

That's top notch pvp game design right there, along with all the rest of the broken mechanics in this game :disappointed: I know it all comes down to personal preference but I reckon most of the people that stick around to play mechanics like these are the players that haven't got the standards that come with having played other better designed MMO's.

PvPers who exploit broken mechanics are basically too cheap to play a pay-to-win game. This is their "free" cheat. Why pay anything when you can exploit for an advantage?
    PvPers who buy a cheat are obviously more willing to play a pay-to-win game but don't want to pay what the game is asking. Why should they pay more to have weaker advantages than an outright cheat?
    Then there are PvPers who are willing to put down a lot of money and play a PvP game even if it means buying advantages or conveniences from the cash shop.

What ESO needs to do is clamp down on broken mechanics and cheats so they are no longer cut out of the revenue loop. In fact exploiters and cheaters clearly weaken overall revenue because those who are willing to pay to win see they can't get ahead significantly through the cash shop.

ESO has already put pay-for-convenience in the cash shop with skill line unlocks and skyshard unlocks. Might as well go all the way and cash in. But no point doing that when your PvP mechanics are nonsense and you can't get a handle on cheaters. Look! A new one apparently just came out: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/538344/please-screenshot-and-report-these-cheats
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 25, 2020 5:41PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its because they're unaffected by lag...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Daffen wrote: »
    or they killed you in 1 seconds because of the dizzy-swibg medium attack executioner combo that was mentioned earlier.

That's top notch pvp game design right there, along with all the rest of the broken mechanics in this game :disappointed: I know it all comes down to personal preference but I reckon most of the people that stick around to play mechanics like these are the players that haven't got the standards that come with having played other better designed MMO's.

PvPers who exploit broken mechanics are basically too cheap to play a pay-to-win game. This is their "free" cheat. Why pay anything when you can exploit for an advantage?
    PvPers who buy a cheat are obviously more willing to play a pay-to-win game but don't want to pay what the game is asking. Why should they pay more to have weaker advantages than an outright cheat?
    Then there are PvPers who are willing to put down a lot of money and play a PvP game even if it means buying advantages or conveniences from the cash shop.

What ESO needs to do is clamp down on broken mechanics and cheats so they are no longer cut out of the revenue loop. In fact exploiters and cheaters clearly weaken overall revenue because those who are willing to pay to win see they can't get ahead significantly through the cash shop.

ESO has already put pay-for-convenience in the cash shop with skill line unlocks and skyshard unlocks. Might as well go all the way and cash in. But no point doing that when your PvP mechanics are nonsense and you can't get a handle on cheaters. Look! A new one apparently just came out: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/538344/please-screenshot-and-report-these-cheats

I should clarify regarding my post that you have quoted that I didn't have p2w mechanics or cheats in mind nor was I comparing ESO's pvp design or mechanics to any game known for running p2w mechanics. I just think the mecanics in ESO lack transparency and don't work properly, being that because they were badly implemented or weren't balanced properly or the coding is just terrible and the net lag coupled with bad coding and loads of bugs results in their design ideas not working or not being balanced. Obviously there is always a minority of players that can strive in this chaos and have the ability to pierce the veil and see through the lack of the systems transparency to their own advantage but cheats or p2w weren't really what I was thinking of to justify how bad pvp in ESO really is compared to other games that have better infrastructure or have been coded and designed with more attention to detail.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do I still have Dk's jumping on me and killing me in 2 seconds with 3 or 4 dizzying swings?

There's the programmable keyboards and mice that of themselves are not the exact problem but with lag, they will have executed 4 Dizzies that get queued up, and hit you all at the same time when the server catches up...You can be 20 feet away when all of a sudden...Boom.

High Actions Per Minute (APM) players can look like gods in lag...

In their case hitting the elevator button repeatedly helps 😗

• marke1
    marke1
    ✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    Why do I still have Dk's jumping on me and killing me in 2 seconds with 3 or 4 dizzying swings?

There's the programmable keyboards and mice that of themselves are not the exact problem but with lag, they will have executed 4 Dizzies that get queued up, and hit you all at the same time when the server catches up...You can be 20 feet away when all of a sudden...Boom.

This all the time especially if you live in the southern hemi , for a long time I thought it was me. You really get tired of being killed in a second by several dizzy / heavy / execute before you can even get in melee range . I cant even use dizzy on my stam classes because it just rarely goes off or hits a target .
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    marke1 wrote: »
    Cronopoly wrote: »

This all the time especially if you live in the southern hemi , for a long time I thought it was me. You really get tired of being killed in a second by several dizzy / heavy / execute before you can even get in melee range . I cant even use dizzy on my stam classes because it just rarely goes off or hits a target .

Yep, it is like we are playing two different games.
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    The desync is very real indeed.

Positional desync is also a MAYOR issue in this game that nobody seem to talk about.

When "these dizzy spammers hit me 4 times without me even seeing them" is positional desyncing, is my guess.

They are chasing you or closing to you with RAT + gazzilion % speed (lol these devs man, they got server performance issues and they give people access to even more speed to tax servers even more with positional data hahahahahaha) and server dont update the TWO clients well enough with positional data.

So on your enemies screen he is hitting you once, twice and on the 2nd hit you are updated with his new position and see him hitting you, three times and 4 times and your dead.

On your end you saw 2 hits and his end he hit you 4 times and maybe even and exec as the 5th hit.

When you get more experienced you LEARN to spot these situations were this can happen and will counter it by healing more then you "need", prioritizing your buffs, shields more then doing DPS. You will also play in a way that you are never exposed or too far out of position - there should always be another target that is "better" from the enemy POV then you. If there isnt, then are the next one to die/get assisted on.

With that said, server performance in this game is utter garbage its one of the worst online MMO server experiences I have ever had.

Most people have to brute force the single threaded game using modern 9000s (9600, 9700 or even beefier CPUs) clocked above 5 ghz to get decent frames in PvE. It is a game engine from 2010... Crysis was released 2007.........

The devs or "keepers of the game" are starving the game of processing power on the server end. If they had a higher bandwidth it would run better - the limitation is the game engines code, how it puts together the netcode, audio, animations, anti cheat and logic checks, its EXTREMLY serial in its execute thats why YOU HAVE TO PAY TO BRUTE FORCE THE ENGINE.

My Intel i5 9600 at 5.4 ghz sits at 93-100% on one core when CRYO lag starts (as soon as more then 100 people in cyrodil basically), this is still one of the strongest CPUs for single threaded brute forcing on the market.

If ZOS manned up and put some of those EARNINGS to faster servers it would run better. Once they have "year long performance focus" (lol) they can then move the game back to "slower" servers. What they are doing to paying customers here is comparable to what that LEAD DEV on diablo 3 did to that game. I won't even mention his name.

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fazuszek wrote: »
    Also some players have luck, to live closer to the game server. Its no secret, that some US players also play on EU server, since the discovery that EU servers are in... USA LOOL. They have advantage on it. Besides ofcourse playing on PTS for no gear/skill gap.

Dont forget about addons, that inform about incoming attack. U can throw DOT from behind a player, and guess what? He still roll dodges it, as much as he wants, and goes further, did not even care about u.

Oh and forget about that magic myth about ,,skill''. The skill is very small factor in terms of succes in PVP in this game.

The EU server is in Frankfurt, Germany, not the US.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this playing in Cyro the past week. I got all aggro and had to take a break to go fishing lol.

You can find bots all over the place so hacking is not even in question, if it happens anywhere, it happens everywhere. I'm admittedly bad at PVP and have bad connection but when a single 1vX can wipe out an entire zerg without flinching, something's up and it's obvious.
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    I noticed this playing in Cyro the past week. I got all aggro and had to take a break to go fishing lol.

You can find bots all over the place so hacking is not even in question, if it happens anywhere, it happens everywhere. I'm admittedly bad at PVP and have bad connection but when a single 1vX can wipe out an entire zerg without flinching, something's up and it's obvious.

Honestly though, there are many builds warden, templar and dk can do who have extreme tankyness and high enough burst to drop inexperienced/below average players 1v5 or even 1v7.

Sub + dawn + dizzy on a 8k wep dmg warden who is perma sustain and VERY tanky can easily take 7 overconfident players by surprise.

• Fazuszek
    Fazuszek
    ✭✭✭
    Fazuszek wrote: »
    Also some players have luck, to live closer to the game server..

Nope, Someone in our guild lives 20 minutes from the EU Server and they get routed through 3 other countries first

Thats his problem, and his internet provider. I watch many players (especially from US) playing BG, the overall quality, so muuuuuch better, than what i see on my compouter.

Ur internet connection is nr 1 factor. Eso PVP is not a game of ping pong.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheat program lol, its called a desync stop with the conspiracy theories. Global cooldown on skills is server side and can’t be manipulated. The game is just broke.

What I stated is factually correct. Whether thats the case here I did not say. I stated a fact for what works with it here. No need to defend here or deflect.

I think we have different opinions on what factually correct means. As toxic as cheating is the only thing worse is accusing people of cheating with no merit.

No. There is only one factually correct. I didnt accuse anyone. I am informing newer/uninformed players what is possible still.

It is a FACT that the program is alive and that you can increase your speed. Now stop deflecting.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sneakers wrote: »
    The desync is very real indeed.

Positional desync is also a MAYOR issue in this game that nobody seem to talk about.

The reason I switched to ranged nightblade from my days as melee in Imperial City was positional desyncs and not being able to hit certain people.

It was big enough of an issue to make the change for me...
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its hard to say with the lag because it can cause it. When it gets really bad, a lot of times these abilities get queued up and just go off at once. They had the issue before and fixed it, but its been back. Before it looked like the below clip. It is not quite like that now but does a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YLzWXqcQ9U

And that's why a lot of us PvPers are very angry at current performance

LOL great clip Techno. I wish my queued Dizzy swings would hit eventually, for me I just get stuck in wind up. Yes PvP performance is pretty bad. Also lag can Queue skills. But there are some players who "always" land a perfect burst with "all" the abilities landing .01 or less seconds after the light/heavy attacks. They all claim it is lag, abilities queuing etc etc but I have no doubt there are some cheaters using mini-macros to max their damage and minimize the time taken. But this has been argued endlessly and people don't understand the statistics that can show human vs. computer skills despite lag.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA