The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why is it some can run around killing everyone in seconds while they are unaffected by lag? Skill?

pauld1_ESO
pauld1_ESO
✭✭✭✭
First example: Snipe "desync"' as I am told. I was killed by 4 lethal shots but died instantly before I knew I was even in combat, so basically one shotted by an ability with a 1 second cast hitting me 4 times all at once. I looked into this and decided to test it out....funny it doesn't work for me. In fact all of these elite" players seems to know exactly when I am shooting at them even though they are not even at an aspect where they should see me....oh and I'm stealthed. Amazing that. Aside from that I tried this snipe spam and not seeing it. So what are these players doing? Is it some exploit? Macro?

What about the ones I see running around taking out people left and right with 5 players beating on them seemingly taking no damage? Why is it the "desync" isn't working then? I have a dude land 4 dizzying swings on me in 1 second, yet no one can hit him.

So what I am getting at here is....no way some of these people are not flat out cheating somehow. I call BS. You dodge right when I shoot at you even though you were running the other way and I was stealthed, see it all the time. Perfect timing.

People "one shot" me with 4-1 second abilities but no one can do damage to them? Why doesn't it work both ways?

I hear this lag this lag that, desync this desyc that....how about cheaters? Exploits? Every MMORPG has them, why doesn't ESO?

I have 1gb internet and tests at 1 gb upload and download so it's certainly not on my end. And again....if Cyrodiil is sooooooooooooo laggy for everyone, why does it only affect certain players and not others? Is it "skill" to be able to land 4 dizzying swings in what is to me 1 second? And what "skill" does this person possess that allows him to do this but it doesn't work at all for me against him?

Sorry but I'm calling bs.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simple answer. Gaming router hard wired no wifi and at least 10mbps down for online gaming. I used to use a regular wifi router and got destroyed like 90% of the time. Router died so decided to upgrade and whoa huge difference went from average 40ms ping to 7 to 8ms ping. This is the real meaning of git gud imo lol.
  • Fazuszek
    Fazuszek
    ✭✭✭
    Also some players have luck, to live closer to the game server. Its no secret, that some US players also play on EU server, since the discovery that EU servers are in... USA LOOL. They have advantage on it. Besides ofcourse playing on PTS for no gear/skill gap.

Dont forget about addons, that inform about incoming attack. U can throw DOT from behind a player, and guess what? He still roll dodges it, as much as he wants, and goes further, did not even care about u.

Oh and forget about that magic myth about ,,skill''. The skill is very small factor in terms of succes in PVP in this game.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simple answer. Gaming router hard wired no wifi and at least 10mbps down for online gaming. I used to use a regular wifi router and got destroyed like 90% of the time. Router died so decided to upgrade and whoa huge difference went from average 40ms ping to 7 to 8ms ping. This is the real meaning of git gud imo lol.

I got all that bro, why do I still have Dk's jumping on me and killing me in 2 seconds with 3 or 4 dizzying swings?
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

I got all that bro, why do I still have Dk's jumping on me and killing me in 2 seconds with 3 or 4 dizzying swings?

That dizzying swing spam is so ridiculous... I get those too, but I play with 200++ ms ping.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are forbidden to talk about cheating or exploitation.

So I’ll just leave that here.
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    I play with that 120 to 200++ ms ping range too. Try using streak with that. Press the button, and any time between the button press and 10 seconds later, the server finally triggers the skill. Usually exactly when I decide that the keystroke never made it through and I am facing over one of those insta-death cliffs. Keystrokes not getting through is another huge problem for me. I sometimes have to press my bar-swap 5-6 times before it actually switches. So basically I am one-barring it against people who can switch at will.

While it may not seem very fair, I have given it some though and can't come up with a better solution. People are always going to have different ping rates. You can't just wait x ms in order to get everyone's input before the action, so I see it as part of the challenge of PvP. Since I am just an occasional PvP player who also takes part in all other aspects of the game, it as not as much of an issue for me.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fazuszek wrote: »
    since the discovery that EU servers are in... USA LOOL.

are you sure about this? ZOS claims differently.
    First example: Snipe "desync"' as I am told. I was killed by 4 lethal shots but died instantly before I knew I was even in combat, so basically one shotted by an ability with a 1 second cast hitting me 4 times all at once. I looked into this and decided to test it out....funny it doesn't work for me. In fact all of these elite" players seems to know exactly when I am shooting at them even though they are not even at an aspect where they should see me....oh and I'm stealthed. Amazing that. Aside from that I tried this snipe spam and not seeing it. So what are these players doing? Is it some exploit? Macro?

if you watch some of the videos of people pulling this stuff off, it rarely is 4 shots in a second landing. Very frequently they are shooting you for a while. Lag really contributes to the delay you are noting. The less laggy the environment, the clearer it is when damage is coming in and easier to avoid as a consequence.

Generally speaking I have started getting used to dodge rolling as soon as I hear the snipe sound, but that isn't always effective because of lag, or because of specific, very hard-hitting builds.

There could be some cheaters but most snipers seem just to be playing legit ganking builds.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is interesting and I think about it every now and then. Feels like I've had worse as I've gotten faster internet, but the servers have also gotten worse over that time.

Every now and then, I come across someone I attack and I wonder what they're trying to do because they seem to be attacking and not doing anything, so I assume that's their turn for lag. Does make it hard to identify exploits or cheats when the game is just screwed up though
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    since the discovery that EU servers are in... USA LOOL.

are you sure about this? ZOS claims differently.

if you watch some of the videos of people pulling this stuff off, it rarely is 4 shots in a second landing. Very frequently they are shooting you for a while. Lag really contributes to the delay you are noting. The less laggy the environment, the clearer it is when damage is coming in and easier to avoid as a consequence.

Generally speaking I have started getting used to dodge rolling as soon as I hear the snipe sound, but that isn't always effective because of lag, or because of specific, very hard-hitting builds.

There could be some cheaters but most snipers seem just to be playing legit ganking builds.

Yea the bow thing I can see, but what about the melee dudes? These guys get on me and I'm dead almost instantly. So they were there hitting me the whole time and I just did not see them? I am wearing all impen w/legendary as well I should add. About 21k health, not alot but man.

Like I said I get the lag doing this to me, but why does it not seem to affect the 1 or 2 dudes running around freely killing entire groups while they barely lose health? Why doesn't the lag affect them the same way?
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was just in a BG where a NB kept killing people in 1 or 2 seconds with Sap Essence. My entire screen had nothing but that on there like 5 times and it felt like a one-shot. A group member even asked "how did that rogue kill you so quick".
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i was new to the game and PvP in particular, i also often died without having a clue what was going on. So i started recording and rewatching those "wft just happened" moments, which helped a lot at figuring out, what to watch out for and eventually also how to deal with a lot of those situations. Combat log addons can also provide useful information.

But your posts are way to vague to provide helpful information based on those.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    When i was new to the game and PvP in particular, i also often died without having a clue what was going on. So i started recording and rewatching those "wft just happened" moments, which helped a lot at figuring out, what to watch out for and eventually also how to deal with a lot of those situations. Combat log addons can also provide useful information.

What's vague? ROFL. I die in 1-2 seconds and the log says I was hit by 3 dizzying swings and two light attacks.....or 4 lethal arrows.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakenaxe wrote: »

That dizzying swing spam is so ridiculous... I get those too, but I play with 200++ ms ping.

What's vague? ROFL. I die in 1-2 seconds and the log says I was hit by 3 dizzying swings and two light attacks.....or 4 lethal arrows.

The well know cheat program is still alive and well. They limited what you can do but SPEED is still on users end. This speeds up channeled abilities in addition to movement speed.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »

The well know cheat program is still alive and well. They limited what you can do but SPEED is still on users end. This speeds up channeled abilities in addition to movement speed.

Makes sense. Just in a BG I was finished off by a dude with a Dizzying Swing and Executioner, I actually heard the hits 1-2 and they both landed within about a second like a light attack followed directly by an instant ability. Too fast, not possible even with animation canceling.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »

Makes sense. Just in a BG I was finished off by a dude with a Dizzying Swing and Executioner, I actually heard the hits 1-2 and they both landed within about a second like a light attack followed directly by an instant ability. Too fast, not possible even with animation canceling.

Dizzy swing starts the 1 second GCD when activated. By the time it completes, someone can have a medium attack go off immediately and executioner .2 seconds after so near instant. No cheat there
    Edited by technohic on July 19, 2020 12:52AM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP post some vid of these players hard to tell if you’re talking about lag or something else. Is this on console? If so I got some bad news..
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on July 19, 2020 1:04AM
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cheat program lol, its called a desync stop with the conspiracy theories. Global cooldown on skills is server side and can’t be manipulated. The game is just broke.

• SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about the ones I see running around taking out people left and right with 5 players beating on them seemingly taking no damage? Why is it the "desync" isn't working then? I have a dude land 4 dizzying swings on me in 1 second, yet no one can hit him.

So what I am getting at here is....no way some of these people are not flat out cheating somehow. I call BS. You dodge right when I shoot at you even though you were running the other way and I was stealthed, see it all the time. Perfect timing.

People "one shot" me with 4-1 second abilities but no one can do damage to them? Why doesn't it work both ways?

I hear this lag this lag that, desync this desyc that....how about cheaters? Exploits? Every MMORPG has them, why doesn't ESO?

I have 1gb internet and tests at 1 gb upload and download so it's certainly not on my end. And again....if Cyrodiil is sooooooooooooo laggy for everyone, why does it only affect certain players and not others? Is it "skill" to be able to land 4 dizzying swings in what is to me 1 second? And what "skill" does this person possess that allows him to do this but it doesn't work at all for me against him?

Sorry but I'm calling bs.

If snipe does not desync(wich needs to be fixed) it is easy to avoid due to it having a relly loud audio que and a longish travel time wich gives you more than enough time to dodge it even if the enemy used it from sneak and you had no idea they where there.....
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP post some vid of these players hard to tell if you’re talking about lag or something else. Is this on console? If so I got some bad news..

PC, NA. You really need video? lol. You haven't experienced this? Seriously?
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only lag i have experienced is getting stunned before i take damage from snipe making me able to break free and roll dodge before they hit me. And people getting stuck in dizzy swing animation because server is lagging. I have died from the occasional gankers but those usually have a strategy of one-shotting people before they can react. An example of this is to start sniping at long range, move forward while shooting the next shot and use silver shards at the end. Of course with light attacks inbetween. If done correctly the first snipe travel time is longer than the second one and they should hit at same time with around 0.4 sec interval and silver shard right after since its instant.

Also theres no trick to killing people with 4 dizzy swings in 1 second. You are either playing a squishy build, dont know how to play or how mechanics work, or they killed you in 1 seconds because of the dizzy-swibg medium attack executioner combo that was mentioned earlier.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t matter how good your internet is, if your packets are being routed around the country/world to get back to the server in your own county. Same reason why some players get kicked and claim the server is offline while others are still playing for hours. Generally those super high speed god-like players are aren’t so different than others, they just have a better route to the server.

Played since PC beta. Connection to the server varies regardless of internet connection. Sometimes it’s in your favor, other times it’s not.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also some players have luck, to live closer to the game server..

Nope, Someone in our guild lives 20 minutes from the EU Server and they get routed through 3 other countries first

• ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Cheat program lol, its called a desync stop with the conspiracy theories. Global cooldown on skills is server side and can’t be manipulated. The game is just broke.

What I stated is factually correct. Whether thats the case here I did not say. I stated a fact for what works with it here. No need to defend here or deflect.
  • Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    or they killed you in 1 seconds because of the dizzy-swibg medium attack executioner combo that was mentioned earlier.

That's top notch pvp game design right there, along with all the rest of the broken mechanics in this game :disappointed: I know it all comes down to personal preference but I reckon most of the people that stick around to play mechanics like these are the players that haven't got the standards that come with having played other better designed MMO's.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or they killed you in 1 seconds because of the dizzy-swibg medium attack executioner combo that was mentioned earlier.

That's top notch pvp game design right there, along with all the rest of the broken mechanics in this game :disappointed: I know it all comes down to personal preference but I reckon most of the people that stick around to play mechanics like these are the players that haven't got the standards that come with having played other better designed MMO's.

So what would the other better designed MMOs do? Make the GCD start after the .8 second channel? Effectively making dizzy a 2 second ability? That doesn't sound very fun. The reason most of us stick around is because the combat is fluid with your actions rather than unlimited hot keys with ability cooldowns.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psst its because they are moving faster than the server can keep up with them so it's skipping frames and optimizing your experience by only showing you what you and it can render successfully.

There are a billion variables for why this is happening, but if you want to test this have a dk dual you with dizzy spam and have them slowly increase their movement and attack speed and watch the desynch madness.

Fyi everything in pvp can be really boiled down to CPU load on the server vs movement and attack speed of the players.

Alchemy is a huge proponent of this btw, movement speed with cc immunity is optimum conditions for the type of experience you are describing
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

So what would the other better designed MMOs do? Make the GCD start after the .8 second channel? Effectively making dizzy a 2 second ability? That doesn't sound very fun. The reason most of us stick around is because the combat is fluid with your actions rather than unlimited hot keys with ability cooldowns.

The combat is fluid? Just lol. I got nothing more to discuss here :) enjoy the rubberbanding, desyncs , lag and bugs and overall clunkyness and movement awkwardness is all I can say really. I understand ESO has got it's own appeal and fair play to you if you can live with the issues I just mentioned.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

The combat is fluid? Just lol. I got nothing more to discuss here :) enjoy the rubberbanding, desyncs , lag and bugs and overall clunkyness and movement awkwardness is all I can say really. I understand ESO has got it's own appeal and fair play to you if you can live with the issues I just mentioned.

I was going to say "the reason most of us stick around despite the performance issues" but my thoughts got truncated. It really is a good experience when it's not lagging.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocking and dodging is your friend.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭

Very few can snipe desync. If you want to do it and learn how it is massive damage a lot more than the opponent can handle at all. My builds after I learned above have not fell victim to any sniper. I only play CP pvp so. But the thing is if they the sniper build a glass cannon with special weapons and your resistance and health can't handle it before the server registers this than bam desync. How I know this is specifically my mag warden. I use my bear ulti execute. I have around 4 to 5k spell damage around 35k mag and at 25% health an enemy desyncs and rubber bands around for a few seconds almost every time. A actual new player meets this build and posts like this is the result lol.
    I mean are you a tank? Cause I see how desync works cause they can't desync my tank. I've played glass cannons and everywhere in between to find my sweet spot of what works for me. 1v1 shouldn't be too bad unless you've encountered a 1% of the top ten percent. If they're killing you by 3 to 4 dizzy swings they may have a ton of damage and you don't have the resistance to handle it. Happens all the time. Is it just 1 player? DK stam has a very powerful tool kit that stam claw alone hard to deal with. Stam can also achieve 30k leap... my mag can barely get over 20k and I still one shot people with it lol. Too many variables, more information and just might have a answer