Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is it some can run around killing everyone in seconds while they are unaffected by lag? Skill?

• Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Theignson wrote: »
    First of all, you can't rely on your death recap to have any idea what is going on. It is completely nonquantitative.

You need the add-on Combat Metrics (CM) to learn what is happening in PvP. It records every event with a user-side timestamp. You can open log mode and see exactly what someone did to you and when your computer recorded the event.

Next, you need a target dummy.

Get Combat metrics and go try light attack weaving for 20 seconds on your target dummy. Use one skill and one light attack.

Then open CM and look at the time between when your light attack hit and your ability hit. If you are good, you can get the ability to hit 0.1 seconds after the light attack consistently. That is called weaving. It lets two attacks hit at the same time.

Now go to target dummy. Try: Dizzying Swing, Medium attack, executioner as Technohic mentioned. If you are good, you can get them to land almost the same time. If you add in subterrean assault you can get 4 attacks to hit at once. This is called a "burst" and is perfectly normal.

Now go to Cyrodil and play every day for 3 years and look at your CM logs after most significant fights. You will see with most fights there is variability compared to the target dummy. You can't land your light attack and ability as closely, there is lag, you are excited, the player moves etc. etc.

But occasionally you will see some cheating. The most common one is this: some players, again and again over different conditions of lag etc, "always" land their abilities after light/heavy attacks within 0.01 seconds...every single time with a very low standard deviation. Note the time scale. Not 0.1 seconds, 0.01 seconds, way faster than a human reaction time.

This is done very easily with mouse button macros. You could program your mouse to light attack weave for you. Instead of the button causing ability to go off, the button has a little macro: "light attack , pause 0.01 seconds, ability". I suspect they do not try to program much longer macros as those would fail from lag. But some combo bursts could probably be macroed. I have never gotten used to a multi button mouse but lots of players use them and they come with instrucitonson how to set up macros.

Of course this is cheating but it is also built into the game mechanics. ZOS "could" detect this since it is obvious in a large sample size. But I don't think they want to bother.

That being said, I would guess 98% of PvPers do NOT cheat.

I got hit with 2 dizzying swings, an executioner, blastbones, and a heavy attack and died in like 2 seconds. The blastbones I get because you can time that. I initiated the fight from stealth and the dude just dropped me before I knew what happened, it was that quick. So I know from the time I attacked to the time I was dead was just 2 seconds or so, so fast my head was spinning. When I saw all the attacks I was amazed. How on earth do you get two dizzying swings and a heavy attack off that fast? Then an executioner on top of it. And I am calling bs on lag for this one because I popped from stealth on this, it wasn't someone desync sniping me while I didn't realize it.
    Sneakers wrote: »
    Radiance wrote: »
    I noticed this playing in Cyro the past week. I got all aggro and had to take a break to go fishing lol.

You can find bots all over the place so hacking is not even in question, if it happens anywhere, it happens everywhere. I'm admittedly bad at PVP and have bad connection but when a single 1vX can wipe out an entire zerg without flinching, something's up and it's obvious.

Honestly though, there are many builds warden, templar and dk can do who have extreme tankyness and high enough burst to drop inexperienced/below average players 1v5 or even 1v7.

Sub + dawn + dizzy on a 8k wep dmg warden who is perma sustain and VERY tanky can easily take 7 overconfident players by surprise.

You can't have everything in PvP. That is supposed to be the basis of the game.

Please show me a warden build that is"very tanky", perma sustain and 8k WD. I struggle to get 8k WD on my NB in medium. If by "very tanky" you mean heavy armor, you can't get much more than 6k and rarely (eg balorgh proc (nerfed), NMA, Fury full procced (hard to get). "Very tanky" to me means ~32k resists, very hard to do without heavy armor. And finally ,heavy armor builds tend to have crappy stamina regen.

Well its a very long discussion and we could talk forever but...show me this warden build ;) My 2 star warden alt will love it
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA