Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

nerfs are needed again, yes in pvp

Sergykid
Sergykid
✭✭✭✭✭
damage is out of control, one shotting is worse than ever. It was a good direction with the nerfs this patch brought when tanks were out of control, but now damage is absurd. 5k dizzys 7k snipes and that on a capped (and a bit over) resistances tank that applies maim on the enemies. The newly added sets over the last period together with the new p2w item Malacath's Band of Brutality have made surviving quite difficult if not impossible.

you have added base crit resist and the Critical Riposte set (which is very weak btw, tested it) and then added that mythic item which takes out crits from one's damage output and can be paired together with Unchained Aggressor for impossible bursts (Essence Thief is also a busted set but currently is quite underestimated).
And i won't talk about the Draugrkin's Grip that is so strong in pvp that even stamina users use it for Bloodthirst spam with multiple dots on the target, i got melted while blocking on my full tank, from poisons bleeds and status effects which all and each one proc from the set without any limitations or cooldown between ticks.

there are more examples but i think the idea is clear. I obviously talk about no cp pvp. In cp pvp there's full of clowns both for damage and tanking, so no arguments here.
-PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this is now nerf sorc thread.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP needs to have its own server running its own ruleset so all the stuff that is fun in PvE doesn't get adjusted out.
    It's obvious that ZOS needs better internal theorycrafters realizing potential combinations and that's just one thing that's lacking with PvP mechanics.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP. But i think there's too much sets... that re avaible to all classes and its hard to balance them all... Malacath's Band of Brutality... its a magdk heaven... a p2w cheat set... my friend using ancients+swarmmother shoulders along with elfbane to hit 9k with lash... ofc using potent back 1h+shield with vDSA fire staff charged..
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the sets you mentioned I'll only agree on malacath and draugrkin. With draugrkin I wouls rework it to only work on direct damage abilities and/or rework it so it doesn't boost damage of other proc sets/monster sets.

Unchained Aggressor has way to short of a duration to even be remotely useful. The set could've been good if ZOS didn't nerf it during the PTS were it was added. If anything unchained aggressor could use a buff. It's a set that for once benefit the player who is outnumbered and not the other way around. In majority of fights when you get stunned while outnumbered you're dead.

Essence thief is a strong set but has very obvious drawbacks. Anyone who used the set will understand why. It's a set that shines in duels/1v1 but in open world (especially when fight on uneven terrain or walls/cliffs) it loses a lot of value since you won't be able to pick up the rune as often.

A set ZOS should take a look at however is Hunters Venom. This set is old sload but with an AoE component (yes I know it's not oblivion damage but you easily reach 1k+ ticks with this set on players). This set should be rework to be a ground based AoE that spawns underneath target and stays there. It should by no means stay a person bound AoE DoT as it currently is.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    damage is out of control, one shotting is worse than ever. It was a good direction with the nerfs this patch brought when tanks were out of control, but now damage is absurd. 5k dizzys 7k snipes and that on a capped (and a bit over) resistances tank that applies maim on the enemies. The newly added sets over the last period together with the new p2w item Malacath's Band of Brutality have made surviving quite difficult if not impossible.

you have added base crit resist and the Critical Riposte set (which is very weak btw, tested it) and then added that mythic item which takes out crits from one's damage output and can be paired together with Unchained Aggressor for impossible bursts (Essence Thief is also a busted set but currently is quite underestimated).
    And i won't talk about the Draugrkin's Grip that is so strong in pvp that even stamina users use it for Bloodthirst spam with multiple dots on the target, i got melted while blocking on my full tank, from poisons bleeds and status effects which all and each one proc from the set without any limitations or cooldown between ticks.

there are more examples but i think the idea is clear. I obviously talk about no cp pvp. In cp pvp there's full of clowns both for damage and tanking, so no arguments here.

Draugrkin has a 9 second cooldown, so there is a limit on it, and only applies to 1 target. Just stunning the person who puts it on you, and block or rolldodging even once will greatly reduce its effectiveness.

Yes this patch its more difficult to just stand there and outtank people(although still possible), why is that a problem?

I think a lot of people dont understand what p2w actually means, i never in any other mmo heard of items OBTAINABLE by playing an expansion to be p2w. You dont just get Malacaths ring by buying Greymoor, you have to farm both the skill lines and the item itself. Is it too strong still, abso-fing-lutely, but its definetly not p2w.

Essence Thief required you to pick up the orb, which is dropped at your enemies feet, its great in duels, where positioning isnt that important, but in open world/bgs etc, it can be very dangerous, especially when fighting multiple opponents.

Snipes are hitting very hard, unfortunately ZOS has never understood that maybe there shouldbe a super high range high damage spammable in the game, that can be used from a very safe distance. Thankfully most people that use snipe are quite bad at the game, beacuse they never learn even the most basic PVP mechanics.

Dizzy swing has been discussed to death, its one of the most boring skills in the game, and id love it if it was changed and love was given to other melee spammables to give us more choices, but alas, Zenimax..
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No-CPers are so cute. Get hit by a 12k non-crit Frag. Then you can complain.
  • bharathitman
    bharathitman
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing irritating in PvP right now is Venomous Smite, especially in no CP. The proc hits quite hard and vigor cannot heal you for that much
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »

On current patch it will be NB nerf
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only nerf that would make sense would be to remove PvP entirely from the game. But assuming this will never happen, then maybe, just maybe, balance skills differently for PvE and PvP, like so many games do.

That way, PvE players wouldn't have to bear with the constant whining and nerfing cycle that was the cause of much stupid changes, like removing stealth from the Bosmers, making Argonians non-resistant to poison, Altmer regenerating stamina and so on.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    No-CPers are so cute. Get hit by a 12k non-crit Frag. Then you can complain.

Those thrassian sorcs hiding in their zergs are annoying af.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not agree with the OP. Damage to pvp is ok.
    PC/EU
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death is part of life.
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    The only nerf that would make sense would be to remove PvP entirely from the game. But assuming this will never happen, then maybe, just maybe, balance skills differently for PvE and PvP, like so many games do.

That way, PvE players wouldn't have to bear with the constant whining and nerfing cycle that was the cause of much stupid changes, like removing stealth from the Bosmers, making Argonians non-resistant to poison, Altmer regenerating stamina and so on.

I'd much rather nerf forum whiners, they are far more detrimental to the health of the game than PvP has ever been :wink:
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with OP. But i think there's too much sets... that re avaible to all classes and its hard to balance them all... Malacath's Band of Brutality... its a magdk heaven... a p2w cheat set... my friend using ancients+swarmmother shoulders along with elfbane to hit 9k with lash... ofc using potent back 1h+shield with vDSA fire staff charged..

It's not that there are too many sets, everyone that participates in the PTS knows exactly what is OP and what the next meta is the first week, unless sets get nerfed...
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    PvP needs to have its own server running its own ruleset so all the stuff that is fun in PvE doesn't get adjusted out.
    It's obvious that ZOS needs better internal theorycrafters realizing potential combinations and that's just one thing that's lacking with PvP mechanics.

Yes! And not even another server if they would just make certain things not work in that zone as other games do :(
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is damage, health gain and max health. Developers nerfed health gain this patch to eliminate unkillable builds. I know how to fix this without bringing tanky meta back. Increase 5k health (actually it is 10 k but whatever) bonus of battle spirit so people wont melt within seconds. This wont bring back unkillable tank meta because max hp does 2 things:
    delay the inevidable againts high DPS because you cant gain enough hp back
    prevent you dying from a fast burst
    Problem is dying too fast? Buff max HP. As this is a flat HP buff it will help dd builds more than tanks. ANd this change wont touch PvE(Hey PvEers this is where you cheer me, support me).

I want to explain old battle spirit to show this. When you get helf damage and half heals, this means you hp pool is doubled. You dont get less damage or less healing, you just have more hp. That 5k bonus is actualy 10k. Your 18k hp dd pve toon have 46k health in PvP. With last change battle spirit changed in to: double hp + double hp regen + 10k hp and -20% healing
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On current patch it will be NB nerf
    Hmm... Wasn't it the whole last year ? Elsweyr Chapter & DLCs ? ;)
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 30, 2020 9:51AM
  • PeterUnlustig
    PeterUnlustig
    ✭✭✭✭
    The healing nerf was just to much. Battlespirit should be 45% healing not 40% healing. Also malacath should only give 15%. But Zenimax will never do that, because they dont ever learn from overnerfs/overbuffs, they just full on backpaddle in the other direction making stuff OP that was completly useless or making stuff completly useless that was OP
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Damage is in a great place. Self healing in no cp is rough. Only thing I'd change.
    Maybe stop malacath working with proc sets. Outside of all that would be a really fun patch if it wasn't broken!
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just remove it
    all issue SOLVED

:wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The signature is ironic.
    what is this forum and why i don't like it:
    - complainers that cry without reason and without solution
    Everything is viable
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    In cp pvp there's full of clowns both for damage and tanking

corrected it for you
    :trollface:

but yeah, now seriously... NB should be nerfed for real.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This man complains on every forum I’ve seen him on which is everywhere lol. He spends more time on the forums complaining than the actual game so how do you know whats broken and whats not if you never used it your a joke lol. If it was up to him everything in the game would be nerfed...Just get good dude literally if you cant make it in pvp go farm resource nodes or something lmao.
    What do you mean? i only use ESO forum (this one and the Steam one) and another private server of WoW forum. Anywhere else you saw my name, it's not me.
    And how do you know i don't play the game? i have almost 4600 hours played and in my 10 maxed chars i play everything from vma no death to vet trials and hm dungeons, and a third of my play time is pvp.

please refrain from accusation if you don't know what you're talking about

actually wardens hit me harder than sorcs ;d

Ladislao wrote: »
    The signature is ironic.
    what is this forum and why i don't like it:
    - complainers that cry without reason and without solution
    i don't cry, i just bring out a problem because i feel it's too constant and pressuring without too much attention accorded. And solutions are obvious, that's why i didn't bother to write them. Nerf the ring to 20%, buff the Critical Riposte set either to higher values or to a better debuff, make Draugrkin not proc other proc sets and maybe 5 seconds instead of 6.
    Edited by Sergykid on June 30, 2020 11:47AM
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only set I think needs some tweaks is Venomous Smite. A ton of people are running it right now and in noCP the damage is very annoying to deal with, especially since it's AoE.
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, already nerfed health and the best monster sets.
    Of course you have to pay more attention to defensive mechanics now.
    Edited by TequilaFire on June 30, 2020 12:34PM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No more nerfs.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUFF MAGDK
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more nerfs.
    everyone asked for "no more nerfs" and "buff others" for so long now, what - a few years? after all this time things actually got buffed a lot up to the point where things got out of control. I don't say nerf everything, but some adjustments really need to take place.

Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    BUFF MAGDK
    no please, magdk is a living god if played correctly
    -
    Edited by Sergykid on June 30, 2020 1:19PM
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf thread? Havent seen one of these in a couple days.. What should we ask for nerfs on... OH OH I know. Nerf MagSorc

*laughs and runs away*
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paired Malacath, Unchained Aggressor, and Stuhns on my Magdk. It was awful. Just plain bad. You think these would synergize well with one another. Stuhns procs off whip. But the lack of crit damage and survivability is just all bad. And getting Stuhns and Unchained to proc together is rare. And I usually run 3 damage sets on my magdk, so it isn't like I was sacrificing a defensive set.
This discussion has been closed.