Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Nunatak - Midyear Horrors

• LordOsiris
    LordOsiris
    ✭✭✭
    LordOsiris wrote: »
    That error sucks a lot, end off discussion ... and ignoring it doesn't make it better!

Aha, guess what, I got the horror sucess a few secounds ago, guess where ... in cyrodiil I've killed a dc player and I got the sucess. Isn't it strange?

No, it was simply starmade-knight ... also much to late confirmed ... still miss the ice atro ... grrrr
    Edited by LordOsiris on July 1, 2020 2:00PM
    If you wanna know more about me, check first here: eso-database.com/en/user/LordOsiris
    Options
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finish with Nuatak right now. For me its works. Kill it before 3-5 times and nothing. Get event achievement.
    Edited by This_0ne on July 1, 2020 2:26PM
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says in the main achievement window that I got the achievement for all the imperial city patrolling horrors but Nunatak is still marked as unkilled and it is still grayed out in the 'Horror of Horrors' page which is also left looking incomplete even though the journal overview says I did it.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I managed to kill him and get event credit last night. I started the fight solo. A random came in a third of the fight in. A couple others joined at the end, but I believe I got the killing blow on execute. I looted a motif page and a gold lead. Take that info for what it's worth.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So while I didnt get credit for it my first time a few days ago, tonight I tried again and got the achievement. I was attacking the boss and a group of blues joined in(im AD) and didnt kill me until we killed the boss. I then got the achievement.
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the people saying they got credit distinguishing between Horror of Horrors and Midyear Horror? People said last weekend in-game that the were "getting credit" but then said it was only for Horror of Horrors when they checked.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I got the generic "Horror of Horrors" over the weekend, but not "Midyear Horror". That I got the other day randomly while trying for the x-th time. No idea what was different that time.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are the people saying they got credit distinguishing between Horror of Horrors and Midyear Horror? People said last weekend in-game that the were "getting credit" but then said it was only for Horror of Horrors when they checked.

I got the regular Horrors of Horrors back in 2016. I completed Midyear Horror yesterday.
    Edited by driosketch on July 2, 2020 1:26PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • KickMeAlready
    KickMeAlready
    Soul Shriven
    Was there a hotfix?
    It seems to work for some people now, unlike a few days ago.
    PC EU
    Sithis Will - MagbladeDD
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, confirming we've seen this post and are working on getting this fixed. The next incremental patch isn't scheduled until after Midyear Mayhem ends, but it will be fixed by time the next Midyear Mayhem rolls around. In the meantime as a workaround, getting the killing blow on Nunatak should trigger the achievement.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've spammed an execute every time I fight it, even when there are only 3-5 people fighting that boss. Very RNG. Hopefully it works before the event ends.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received credit for both on my new warden last Friday. She now has all the Midyear achievements. I’m not denying that others are having issues, just noting that I was somehow lucky and got it done.
    Options
  • LAMBinLCTX
    LAMBinLCTX
    ✭✭
    ..as a workaround, getting the killing blow on Nunatak should trigger the achievement

Perhaps the best strategy would be going in as a group and everyone taking turns at execute phase, only one person doing damage while the rest of the group heals.
    Options
  • Colinr1968
    Colinr1968
    ✭✭
    Just 2 manned it still nothing
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LAMBinLCTX wrote: »
    ..as a workaround, getting the killing blow on Nunatak should trigger the achievement

Perhaps the best strategy would be going in as a group and everyone taking turns at execute phase, only one person doing damage while the rest of the group heals.

Even if you made a group that would agree to do that, you can't stop other groups and solo players from damaging the target.

Options
  • LAMBinLCTX
    LAMBinLCTX
    ✭✭

Even if you made a group that would agree to do that, you can't stop other groups and solo players from damaging the target.

You’re right — so what alternative solution would you suggest we try instead?
    Options
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, confirming we've seen this post and are working on getting this fixed. The next incremental patch isn't scheduled until after Midyear Mayhem ends, but it will be fixed by time the next Midyear Mayhem rolls around. In the meantime as a workaround, getting the killing blow on Nunatak should trigger the achievement.

Translation:

"Don't even try until next year, and the issue may or may not be addressed by then"

ZOS and these kinds of issues is getting so far beyond ridiculous there just aren't any words left...at least not words that are allowed here.

We all do very much appreciate the acknowledgement of this issue. But the reply is supposed to be "we are on it", not "try some makeshift work around or wait until next year".
    Edited by TineaCruris on July 2, 2020 4:36PM
    Options
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That method is not a work around. You can solo Nunatak and it still most likely will not give credit toward the achievement. I know this to be the case as I've done it multiple times.

Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re right — so what alternative solution would you suggest we try instead?

There isn't any great alternative.

You just go solo or in a group and hope your execute is the one that counts for the killing blow. I don't think your idea is bad if you can find people who agree to the group described on a campaign that is at a very low pop at certain times.

Still, it's going to be very random whether everything aligns just right for earning the achievement.

Options
  • LAMBinLCTX
    LAMBinLCTX
    ✭✭

That method is not a work around. You can solo Nunatak and it still most likely will not give credit toward the achievement. I know this to be the case as I've done it multiple times.

If so, the statement about the killing blow isn’t precisely correct; there must be more to it.
    Options
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If so, the statement about the killing blow isn’t precisely correct; there must be more to it.

yes, getting the killing blow does not guarantee you will get credit. There is very definitely more to it than that. This is why I'm saying don't even try until ZOS actually fixes the issue. People should not try for achievements that are not achievable....at least not when playing a video game.
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, getting the killing blow does not guarantee you will get credit. There is very definitely more to it than that. This is why I'm saying don't even try until ZOS actually fixes the issue. People should not try for achievements that are not achievable....at least not when playing a video game.

giphy.gif
    Edited by tinythinker on July 2, 2020 4:42PM

Options
  • LAMBinLCTX
    LAMBinLCTX
    ✭✭
    People should not try for achievements that are not achievable....at least not when playing a video game.

Indeed — this way lies madness.
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bugs happen, Lets put into perspective this is one achievement which has a very low impact on the game.

In comparison to performance / serious exploits etc this isn't something which needs to be prioritised. Yes it sucks right now but it's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Perhaps zos could simply award the achievement to everyone who has got any of the other boss kills during the event to resolve the issue.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Colinr1968
    Colinr1968
    ✭✭
    This is from Gina bruno prior to her posting in here

ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Due to some scheduled maintenance that will be taking place on July 7, Midyear Mayhem is being extended to Wednesday, July 8 ending at 10am EDT. This way, maintenance won't coincide with the conclusion of the event. The in-game timer has already been updated to reflect this change.

Enjoy!
    Options
  • Aki-Ral
    Aki-Ral
    ✭✭✭
    If you host a special event, it's not acceptable to have one of the few achievements from that specific event bugged.
    And then as a result, half way through the event get told; It's not convenient to fix it, better luck next time/year...
    EU - PC
    Options
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People have been posting about it for days and you still can't get it fixed? Great job as usual ZO$
    Options
  • Colinr1968
    Colinr1968
    ✭✭
    The thing is she posted about maintenance 10 mins before she said they can't do a patch till event finishes
    Options
  • AvengerDan
    AvengerDan
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the useless help from zos. We that play the game for achievements are told we don't matter come again later because we can't be bothered to fix it or extend the event to get around this bug with the introduced fix. Well done and congrats on the terrible and dreadful customer services, suppose theres no money for yous in fixing a boss for an achievement is there so why bother right?
    Options
  • Gylzyn
    Gylzyn
    ✭✭✭
    I am really unhappy that this is not going to get fixed and I have to wait - 6 moths? - to get this achievement.
    Edited by Gylzyn on July 2, 2020 9:39PM
    Options