The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nunatak - Midyear Horrors

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
I have killed Nunatak several times and it is not counting toward Midyear Horrors completion. I have read that it may require a Killing Blow but that is pretty silly when none of the other bosses do and largely they are considered "group" bosses in an area with plenty of other players. Please fix :smile:
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not working for me either. I can't get the Midyear Horror achievement because no matter how many times I kill Nunatak I don't get credit. A killing blow is not required to get credit.
    Edited by TineaCruris on June 26, 2020 10:39PM
  • Aki-Ral
    Aki-Ral
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here.
    EU - PC
  • Galadriel67
    Galadriel67
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue, I killed it multiple times in a group or solo. Don't think I ever got the killing blow, but none of the other bosses needs it.
  • MarcoLQ
    MarcoLQ
    ✭✭
    Same here, made a ticket yesterday
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's still bugged. Just killed him again today, no credit for achievement. I guess if they don't fix him with mondays patch we can't get the achievement this cycle. Bummer.
  • Andreakos
    Andreakos
    ✭✭✭
    Killed him 3 times today, even recorded it, made a ticket, and got told this.

So...we're out of luck...

Greetings,

The Elder Scrolls: Online Customer Support does not have the ability to give or restore in-game Achievements.

Please be aware that most of the achievements linked to a kill or a certain dungeon can be unlocked by repeating the task again.
    In order for the achievement to unlock for boss objectives, you'll need to contribute significant damage to the boss (and sometimes boss "monsters" in the area), or significant healing to warriors engaged in the same fight.
    If you fail to contribute enough damage to the boss or not enough to the additional mobs, you will not receive credit for the Point of Interest and you will not receive the achievement. Your best bet is to attempt the boss again and ensure you're damaging each monster in the fight.

If you believe there is a bug with an achievement causing your progress to not be updated, please submit a bug report by using the /bug command (if playing on PC). On console, a bug can be reported by creating a new ticket and choosing "Submit Feedback" under "Issue Category".

We strive to provide excellent customer service to players in need of assistance. If you would like to provide feedback on your customer service experience, please fill out the brief survey that you will be receiving shortly. Your feedback can help us improve your experience!

Kind regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqYS4hdZN98

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIIO6vmPSQM
    Edited by Andreakos on June 27, 2020 6:10PM
  • dwarenhammer
    dwarenhammer
    Soul Shriven
    Can confirm this.
    Killing Nunatak multiple times - does not count into "Midyear Horror Achievement".
    Other bosses counts fine.
  • Colinr1968
    Colinr1968
    ✭✭
    I killed him with friend 5 times I got tick friend didn't yesterday with 2 other friends 4 times no tick on my other ton still waiting for tick today zos please sort it
  • Colinr1968
    Colinr1968
    ✭✭
    Andreaa wrote: »
    Killed him 3 times today, even recorded it, made a ticket, and got told this.

So...we're out of luck...

Greetings,

The Elder Scrolls: Online Customer Support does not have the ability to give or restore in-game Achievements.

Please be aware that most of the achievements linked to a kill or a certain dungeon can be unlocked by repeating the task again.
    In order for the achievement to unlock for boss objectives, you'll need to contribute significant damage to the boss (and sometimes boss "monsters" in the area), or significant healing to warriors engaged in the same fight.
    If you fail to contribute enough damage to the boss or not enough to the additional mobs, you will not receive credit for the Point of Interest and you will not receive the achievement. Your best bet is to attempt the boss again and ensure you're damaging each monster in the fight.

If you believe there is a bug with an achievement causing your progress to not be updated, please submit a bug report by using the /bug command (if playing on PC). On console, a bug can be reported by creating a new ticket and choosing "Submit Feedback" under "Issue Category".

We strive to provide excellent customer service to players in need of assistance. If you would like to provide feedback on your customer service experience, please fill out the brief survey that you will be receiving shortly. Your feedback can help us improve your experience!

Kind regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqYS4hdZN98

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIIO6vmPSQM

In plain simple terms stuff you lot we can't be bothered fix it
  • Seabluesky
    Seabluesky
    Soul Shriven
    I've had this issue, too. Killed Nunatak 3 times. One time there were only 4 players so that whole "contribute significant damage to the boss" suggestion doesn't apply.

Now the Submit Ticket tool is bugged?? When I tried to submit a ticket for this issue I was directed to the login screen (even though I was already logged in) and the login button wasn't enabled. I closed the browser, re-opened, logged in, hit submit ticket button, navigated through the options for PC user, then back to login screen purgatory.
    Edited by Seabluesky on June 28, 2020 4:17PM
  • kehill17
    kehill17
    ✭✭
    Same here. It's the last one I needed. I'm pretty sure I hit it enough since there was only 3 of us on it and I was able to get loot.
  • ProoFFie
    ProoFFie
    Soul Shriven
    Truly frustrating. It did count Horror of Horrors achievement (which is basically Midyear Horrors without event time limit) but not the Midyear Horrors.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also killed/looted Nunatak several times but have not got the achievement. He's the last boss I need ... Will this be fixed before the event is over this year?
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's after the patch, killed Nunatak. Still no credit for the achievement.

So....is there any chance for a hotfix before the event is over or should we just stop trying for the achievement this year?
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah after 6 or 7 kills I gave up
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't even try for this achievement. It's not working, and they have no plans to fix it.
  • KickMeAlready
    KickMeAlready
    Soul Shriven
    Can confirm, killed this boss 20+ times in different IC campaigns, everyone I asked (and that's alot of people) had the same issue.
    I gave up for now and I won't try again before it gets fixed.
    If it ever gets fixed.
    PC EU
    Sithis Will - MagbladeDD
  • HamsterXS
    HamsterXS
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here, participated in killing him probably about 10 times, got drops, Horror of Horrors achievement counted, yet the Midyear Horror achievement didn't get the credit.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I'm on Xbox NA and I can't get it despite killing boss. This is extremely fustrating since this is my last midyear mayhem achievement I need.

Has ZOS acknowledged the bug? Do they intend to fix it before event end?
    Edited by PrayingSeraph on June 30, 2020 12:31PM
  • Schiffy
    Schiffy
    ✭✭
    I was leading a whole Horror farming group yesterday and we killed all of them at least once. By the time I had to split and pass crown we only hit Nunatak once, but I definitely didn't get credit.

To elaborate, this was a recent PvP-focused toon I rolled who hadn't touched IC before this event. I have the regular Horror of Horrors achievement, but am only missing this big frozen dork for Midyear Horror.

I only hope that if they do fix it, retroactive credit will be applied to those who killed him during the event but before the fix.
    Edited by Schiffy on June 30, 2020 1:56PM
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have this issue - I've killed Nunatak multiple times, had drops every time, had tel var every time and got the credit for Horror of Horrors, but not for Midyear Horror, no matter how many times I try.

I've tried again today and still nothing, and also submitted an in game bug report.

Could we please have an update on whether this can be fixed?
  • LordOsiris
    LordOsiris
    ✭✭✭
    That error sucks a lot, end off discussion ... and ignoring it doesn't make it better!
    If you wanna know more about me, check first here: eso-database.com/en/user/LordOsiris
  • Colinr1968
    Colinr1968
    ✭✭
    I killed nunatak yesterday got the tick for the imperial city achievement but not for the event work that out zos
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to complete the achievement for all bosses on Friday of last week. Xbox NA. It’s weird that it worked then but isn’t working now.
  • LAMBinLCTX
    LAMBinLCTX
    ✭✭
    I've been trying since Friday to get the Midyear Horrors achievement but after multiple kills I am still NOT getting credit for Nunatak.
    Clearly a lot of people are having trouble with this.
    @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_TrishM @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we please get a reply so that we know something is being done about it?
    Edited by LAMBinLCTX on June 30, 2020 7:48PM
  • nenekotanb16_ESO
    nenekotanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged. I even got the kill for the Horror of Horrors achievement, but not for the Midyear Horror...
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, still bugged. Character had zero boss killed before, today I did all of them and got the Horror of Horrors achievement but not the Midyear Horror as Nunatak still missing for that.
    Edited by vgabor on July 1, 2020 2:07AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Took me killing him 4 times to get credit. Talked to someone who did 18 times still no credit. The one I can't get is the Lady Malygda. She will not spawn for me to kill. Been trying to find her for 3 days now no luck.

Be safe and have fun:)
  • Colinr1968
    Colinr1968
    ✭✭
    What I find don't know about anyone else zos have been tagged in this post even had mail sent to them with video and they just say you need more damage but how can you get the horror of horrors achievement but not the midyear horror.i got the horror ofr horror with my last kill nunatak but not the midyear, and what makes it worse is lack of acknowledgement from zos .

ZOS FIX THIX BUG WILL YOU
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Took me killing him 4 times to get credit. Talked to someone who did 18 times still no credit. The one I can't get is the Lady Malygda. She will not spawn for me to kill. Been trying to find her for 3 days now no luck.

Be safe and have fun:)

Just wait in the associated district (I'm not 100% sure right now). All districts have two bosses and they'll alternate when spawning.