The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please imporve ANIMATION/VFX on R.A mounts from Nightfall Crate!!!!!

GaryMeow
GaryMeow
✭✭✭
The way that the vfx is performed on these three RA mounts are just sooooo meh, in comparison with most of other RA mounts.
IMO, the following improvements must be made so they will definitely look way batter, otherwise ZOS please refund my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-Spacebar effects: The groud mark should appear with every spacebar hit for all three RA mounts !!!!!!!!! Not just when summoning!!!

2-Cursebound Senche-raht Darkfang : The super cool red tornado must show up with every spacebar hit(Same as Planemeld courser, you see that fire ball with every rearing action!!!!), please!!! This is the only thing that makes this mount cool and unique.

3-Cursebound Lichsteed:The lich lanterns must stick around at all times while mounted!!!!! The current effect only lasts around 20 second after hitting the spacebar,the hors looks soooo cheap without the lanterns!!!!

4- Sabre Cat Prowler: This one?????? Does it have any spacebar effects?? Hah???????????

Edited by GaryMeow on June 23, 2020 5:04AM
  • GaryMeow
    GaryMeow
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth Please save my poor soul, I don't want to submit a refund request, seriously
    Edited by GaryMeow on June 20, 2020 1:31AM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sabercat has lightning effect and sounds with space bar. Agree the horse lanterns should last longer.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think gem items are refundable? They’d have to refund you the crowns, remove all the items you got and remove all the gems you made from the trash.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, about the Lichsteed's lanterns! The voice also seems wrong. It should have the spooky horse voice (like the New Moon horse).
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    I don’t think gem items are refundable? They’d have to refund you the crowns, remove all the items you got and remove all the gems you made from the trash.

Agreed.

No refunds on Crown Crate items, @GaryMeow, sorry.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mounts are wonderfully designed, but I agree the FX from roaring should be persistent (or at least toggle) and the "mounting fx" while awesome would be great to repeat while roaring (or at least a good portion of it, not the phase-in part ofc).

I can think of some other mounts that could use tweaking as well, but this would be a great place to start with the latest from the crates that will be here for a few months!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE

Any way to pass these suggestions along? I know some have already submitted suggestions about it.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add Meridia's Sabre Cat mount to the list as well. I regretted wasting crowns on it because it also has no unique summon/roar/anything. I'm not holding my breath though. -_-
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add Meridia's Sabre Cat mount to the list as well. I regretted wasting crowns on it because it also has no unique summon/roar/anything. I'm not holding my breath though. -_-

Was that a crown gem exclusive? There seems to be a trend of those being underwhelming. The wicker steed, despite being cute, has no bells or whistles.
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you exchange one R.A. for aother in the same crown crates. Like will a ticket work. If so anyone able to do this before?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you exchange one R.A. for aother in the same crown crates. Like will a ticket work. If so anyone able to do this before?

That would defeat the RNG purpose of Crown Crates, @Sythen88411.

If exchanging through a ticket was possible, everyone would do it ... and the Support Team would be overwhelmed.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 27, 2020 6:06AM
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Was that a crown gem exclusive? There seems to be a trend of those being underwhelming. The wicker steed, despite being cute, has no bells or whistles.

It was crown exclusive. 4,000 crowns. I had a bunch saved up and thought it looked cool. It's too bad that that's all it has going for it.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It was crown exclusive. 4,000 crowns. I had a bunch saved up and thought it looked cool. It's too bad that that's all it has going for it.

4,000?! That thing should be blingee'd out to high heaven!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sidebar: still serious about the Lichsteed's lanterns and voice. I noticed that, sometimes, little skeleton hands pop out of the ground underneath and paw at its legs. I can't decide whether that's adorable or awful. lol
  • GaryMeow
    GaryMeow
    ✭✭✭
    Sidebar: still serious about the Lichsteed's lanterns and voice. I noticed that, sometimes, little skeleton hands pop out of the ground underneath and paw at its legs. I can't decide whether that's adorable or awful. lol

That's awful!!! I've seen that too.
    So I talk to myself....
    They are just trying to help your pony in soothing their itchy legs, they take more care of your pony than you do, I reckon.

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wait for tomorrow's patch with hope and fear :/ After all feedback sent in-game many days ago, and after some feedback on forums, there are two things which the patch can bring:

- they listened to feedback and fixed/improved mounts in this crate season <3 Lot of respect, showing that they care
    - they don't care and don't plan to do anything, leaving this season as example of good ideas but wasted opportunities, and setting the quality bar lower for next season :'(

Simply making "roar" effects permanent (like for Radiant mounts in Frost Atronach season) + runes on the ground during the "roar" should be very easy :/
    I also seriously hope for improvements and fixes to Apex mounts, but it might be done in next patch, cause it would take some time to create effects for them.
    Sidebar: still serious about the Lichsteed's lanterns and voice. I noticed that, sometimes, little skeleton hands pop out of the ground underneath and paw at its legs. I can't decide whether that's adorable or awful.

And here I am, thinking that the horse is the most tastefully done Radiant this time... :o If only it had some more effects + permanent lanterns after neigh, scary voice (voice of Zombie horse, same as Cursebound Apex horse has), better looking tail (with hair like Zombie Horse, or with special effects like Nightfrost atronach Steed) and longer tattered cloth under the armor - it would be one of the best special mounts ever, for my taste <3

In Oblivion, there was a book about what one has to do to become Lich. The process involved lot of innocents dying; and their death had to be painful, lot of suffereing. So knowing that, I see the skeletal hands as very cool and clever addition to this Lichsteed. All the tortured innocents are reaching out to the Lich and trying to drag him under the ground, to their graves. This mount has very boring idle animations for such a creepy crteature, but these hands are really dark detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-K2hHNlubY&amp;list=PLMofG7o_O3cd3iSL__3oGIj4-oARqBiWE&amp;index=8

Even without many effects, simply with lanterns permanently on, this horse is so tasty:

DAOOMWu.jpg
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I wait for tomorrow's patch with hope and fear :/ After all feedback sent in-game many days ago, and after some feedback on forums, there are two things which the patch can bring:

- they listened to feedback and fixed/improved mounts in this crate season <3 Lot of respect, showing that they care
    - they don't care and don't plan to do anything, leaving this season as example of good ideas but wasted opportunities, and setting the quality bar lower for next season :'(

Simply making "roar" effects permanent (like for Radiant mounts in Frost Atronach season) + runes on the ground during the "roar" should be very easy :/
    I also seriously hope for improvements and fixes to Apex mounts, but it might be done in next patch, cause it would take some time to create effects for them.
    Sidebar: still serious about the Lichsteed's lanterns and voice. I noticed that, sometimes, little skeleton hands pop out of the ground underneath and paw at its legs. I can't decide whether that's adorable or awful.

And here I am, thinking that the horse is the most tastefully done Radiant this time... :o If only it had some more effects + permanent lanterns after neigh, scary voice (voice of Zombie horse, same as Cursebound Apex horse has), better looking tail (with hair like Zombie Horse, or with special effects like Nightfrost atronach Steed) and longer tattered cloth under the armor - it would be one of the best special mounts ever, for my taste <3

In Oblivion, there was a book about what one has to do to become Lich. The process involved lot of innocents dying; and their death had to be painful, lot of suffereing. So knowing that, I see the skeletal hands as very cool and clever addition to this Lichsteed. All the tortured innocents are reaching out to the Lich and trying to drag him under the ground, to their graves. This mount has very boring idle animations for such a creepy crteature, but these hands are really dark detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-K2hHNlubY&amp;list=PLMofG7o_O3cd3iSL__3oGIj4-oARqBiWE&amp;index=8

Even without many effects, simply with lanterns permanently on, this horse is so tasty:

DAOOMWu.jpg

I like the way you think about the skeleton hands. :) I've decided that I find them quite cute. lol I agree with you about the voice, the tail, the lanterns, everything. I agree it's ALMOST perfect.
  • GaryMeow
    GaryMeow
    ✭✭✭

DAOOMWu.jpg

DAOOMWu.jpg

Unfortunately, after today’s patch, nothing has been changed 😔😔
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the Lichsteed's voice, at least, could be reported as a bug. It seems like a misplaced asset, being that it doesn't match the regular Cursebound horse.
  • CrocoDarrel
    CrocoDarrel
    Soul Shriven
    I was interested in the Senche but this thread was the push I needed to skip out on this crate season.

Honestly it feels bad to spend any money on this game right now, I just don't feel good supporting a game that can't or won't fix lag when it has gotten this far out of hand.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sabre has lightning FX with spacebar.

They all have spacebar FX. The issue is, their mount FX would be much better placed as their (short duration) spacebar FX (they are beautiful, hopping on and off is crazy to do lol, maybe do a small CD so it can't be spammed for all mounts if that's the issue) -- then have their other spacebar FX the ones that PERSIST.

The lanterns on the Horse go away wayyyyy too fast. But the spacebar FX that are currently there for the Sabre & Raht also go away fast. Some other RA mounts (and Apex mounts) those FX persist until you dismount. They are subtle FX, so why not persist?

We already have to press a button to activate them, so why not just let it be instead of stopping to spacebar without jumping and make them happen again?

There may be mods for this, as I haven't really looked (if not it would be a good mod suggestion if the Devs aren't going to look into it -- or maybe they are, not sure as there is no response here yet).
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on July 3, 2020 5:19PM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Sabre has lightning FX with spacebar.

They all have spacebar FX. The issue is, their mount FX would be much better placed as their (short duration) spacebar FX (they are beautiful, hopping on and off is crazy to do lol, maybe do a small CD so it can't be spammed for all mounts if that's the issue) -- then have their other spacebar FX the ones that PERSIST.

The lanterns on the Horse go away wayyyyy too fast. But the spacebar FX that are currently there for the Sabre & Raht also go away fast. Some other RA mounts (and Apex mounts) those FX persist until you dismount. They are subtle FX, so why not persist?

We already have to press a button to activate them, so why not just let it be instead of stopping to spacebar without jumping and make them happen again?

There may be mods for this, as I haven't really looked (if not it would be a good mod suggestion if the Devs aren't going to look into it -- or maybe they are, not sure as there is no response here yet).

No mods for PS4. :(

I have a feeling that the reason they've done this is performance, but it really is a let down. I dislike how the lanterns just pop out of existence, particularly. If they're going to go away so quickly, they should at least fade out so it doesn't look like they just broke.
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly maybe just me but the damn RA senche raht vampire when they’re summoned give me a heart attack thinking it’s a bomber in pvp when it’s just someone on my alliance
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just when I began to lose the hope... :smiley: Yesterday's PTS patch totally surprised me with new voice for the Cursebound Lichsteed:

https://youtu.be/B5lIRatd1V0

I would be happy even with old voice of Zombie Horse, but designers actually did nice edits to make unique voice just for this mount <3 Thank you very much! I can't wait for this on live servers :)

Apex mounts still have no effects... For now? o:)
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭

Agreed but just remember the xanmeer crate radiants, they were basic recolours with glowy eyes, barely any fx and with at least one of them didn't even look radiant when looking at it from behind as barely any glow was visible so it jsut looked liek a basic mount.

I would like it if they made all radiants about the same level of 'worth' they all need to be super shiny with spacebar fx that lasts coz they are radiants ffs.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just when I began to lose the hope... :smiley: Yesterday's PTS patch totally surprised me with new voice for the Cursebound Lichsteed:

https://youtu.be/B5lIRatd1V0

I would be happy even with old voice of Zombie Horse, but designers actually did nice edits to make unique voice just for this mount <3 Thank you very much! I can't wait for this on live servers :)

Apex mounts still have no effects... For now? o:)

!! I think that's the voice of the Nightmare Courser! It's much more fitting! I hope that carries over to live!
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that's the voice of the Nightmare Courser! It's much more fitting! I hope that carries over to live!

I've now checked Nightmare Courser on PTS (cause I don't have it on live) - true, he has this voice...
    But still, it sounds creepy - and assigning it to Lichsteed gives me possibility to enjoy this "newly discovered" voice <3
    The very old mount had such awesome voice all these years, and I didn't know about it :o
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that's the voice of the Nightmare Courser! It's much more fitting! I hope that carries over to live!

I've now checked Nightmare Courser on PTS (cause I don't have it on live) - true, he has this voice...
    But still, it sounds creepy - and assigning it to Lichsteed gives me possibility to enjoy this "newly discovered" voice <3
    The very old mount had such awesome voice all these years, and I didn't know about it :o

Yes, I always loved the voice of that mount! I used it for years mostly because of the voice. I'm glad they're bringing it back.