The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why the game is broken to me

LuxLunae
LuxLunae
✭✭✭✭✭
Free as in you give it to us for free....not free advice free....

The main thing that makes me log off after 30 mins is inventory space.

I sell everything I can for pennies. I can't destroy bound items because I don't have the space for the materials. I don't have space for the materials because I have bound items. I don't want to NPC it because I want the materials.

All pvp sets can be churned into alliance points.

All pve dungeon sets and overland sets can be churned into some type of points used to have a chance to get the preferred pve armor. Lets call them party points...

Over the top grinding is foolish.

Every time I have to decide whether to shuffle/clean my inventory, grinding, etc. I fall into a gridlock of decisions. Then realize the game is not worth my time and then log off. When asked to get back on I just tell them "The game is broken. They broke it. I don't know exactly how but they did. I don't feel like playing it at all."

Why is this? Why isn't it easy to destroy my items and clean out my inventory? so I can...you know...PLAYING THE GAME.

HERE'S WHY ZOS!!! HERE'S WHY!!!!

1. I have a set it's not the meta, but it works fine for me. I am doing well.
2. That set gets nerfed, so all the gold and stuff I used in it becomes wasted. I won't destroy gold gear because
3. You make more changes to the sets again. Never really deciding what the set is.
4. I decide to go the opposite direction and make a build that fits my class/race.
5. You introduce new sets that make them worthless and makes it foolish not to update it. However, I am still fine with what I have.
6. You introduce new sets AND THEN NERF OLD SETS TO ADJUST TO THESE NEW SETS!!!
7. So now my build which was working for me becomes worthless two fold.

In my opinion, if you have to nerf other sets to shoehorn in a new set...THAT NEW SET IS OVERPOWERED!!!

The constant changing forces me to gridlock what I want to do with my items.

THE ONLY WAY TO REMOVE THE GRIDLOCK IS TO MAKE SETS TRANSFORM INTO POINTS!!!! THAT CAN BE USED FOR A CHANCE TO GET THE PREFERRED SET!!!
YOU STILL GET YOUR GAMBLING MECHANICS ON ...WE STILL FEEL AS IF WE ARE GETTING CLOSER TO GETTING OUR ITEMS!!!

I destroy my items, you change it 3 months later and you tell me I have to farm them again. That is the quickest way for me to hit the log out button.

Instead, you let me turn my sets into points, get item boxes that will give me random types of that set ARMOR OR WEAPON. DO NOT PUT THE CHANCES TO PULL ARMORS AND WEAPONS IN ONE BOX..KEEP THE BOXES SEPARATE!!!

That way I can say, before I farm, well at least I had the chance to get what I wanted. My luck was just not good enough. IT AT LEAST WILL MAKE ME FEEL AS IF I DIDNT WASTE A CRAP LOAD OF MY TIME DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

We talk to the undaunted people to get the boxes of course.

Nah, I know someone sitting there at ZoS HQ has thought of this.

You keep throwing more and more items at us OVER AND OVER ....

I realize WE ARE NOT THE HOARDERS...YOU OVERBURDEN US WITH ITEMS LEFT AND RIGHT !!! ON PURPOSE!!!

YOU DONT GIVE US A CHANCE TO RECYCLE!!!

Edited by LuxLunae on June 1, 2020 4:03AM
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I changed the title.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of sets will remain bad for end game since they are basically designed for leveling/ early game. I wouldn't keep so many sets, and if you do you can create multiple characters and have them max out inventory and store gear sets until they become useful.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Power creep vs nerf creep.
    My thing is when they go after abilities as it makes players systemically weaker with out certain sets or combos.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    The game ain't broken because you can't manage your inventory.
    You are playing a free to play Mmo. The only cost to you was the initial buy in price for the game. If you want to increase your bag space, use alts or just buy some more bank/bag space with in game gold. You can also do the monthly sub, and get unlimited mat space...easy peasy.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what_the wrote: »
    You are playing a free to play Mmo. The only cost to you was the initial buy in price for the game. If you want to increase your bag space, use alts or just buy some more bank/bag space with in game gold. You can also do the monthly sub, and get unlimited mat space...easy peasy.

Buy to play, but I do agree with you. Just remember no cost at all: free 2 play
    Initial cost of game: buy 2 play
    Cost of game and sub: pay 2 play.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what_the wrote: »

Agreed. You don't even need the monthly sub most of the time. I haven't had inventory issues since 2015.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No need to hoard everything.
    You can also get the storage coffers for your home and use mule characters for more storage.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is designed to be played with a sub. This is how it started. You have the option to play without a sub, but with a large impact on your inventory management. It is an option, but not the best one. If you do not like it, then pay a sub, don't say the game is broken because of inventory management.

Usually popular MMOs require a sub. This is not something unusual. If you do not like to pay the sub, then it means you have other priorities, which is fine, but it's not like the game is bad because it is best played with a sub.

Other games have even worse inventory options. You can buy storage chests (by ingame means or crowns), you can expand your inventory, your bank inventory... In the end you can create a mule char to store some of your less used stuff.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    The game is designed to be played with a sub. This is how it started. You have the option to play without a sub, but with a large impact on your inventory management. It is an option, but not the best one. If you do not like it, then pay a sub, don't say the game is broken because of inventory management.

Usually popular MMOs require a sub. This is not something unusual. If you do not like to pay the sub, then it means you have other priorities, which is fine, but it's not like the game is bad because it is best played with a sub.

Other games have even worse inventory options. You can buy storage chests (by ingame means or crowns), you can expand your inventory, your bank inventory... In the end you can create a mule char to store some of your less used stuff.

When the game came out, that bank space stuff did not exist. Think about that.

They broke their game to force a sub.

Inventory management is getting out of hand. Next patch even more trash...every time I complete something it is forced into my mailbox....I am forced to get the stuff out of the mail box and put it in my inventory... I max out all my guild sells and sell the items for pennies.

I can't play because they keep tossing trash my way 24/7 left and right. Instead of giving us items, they should give us points, which take no space, to go and get the items WHEN WE WANT TO.

I can't play this game anymore. PVE nor PVP. It's become a mess that I have chosen not to deal with.

I will come back in 12 months.
    Edited by LuxLunae on June 1, 2020 10:43AM
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is how i deal with this problem;
    I don't hoard everything.
    Deconstruct/Sell your gear you are not using and not gonna be using in the near future. Don't have inventory space to deconstruct? Destroy useless trait materials in your inventory. 200 stack of diamond is enough to keep you going for a year on impen gear crafting for example. Don't hoard every racial style material. You have bones, nickels, starmetals etc? destroy them they are 15 gold on the vendor. Buy when you need. Fill the guildstore slots 24/7. You think you can make some gold selling some stuff? just put them on sale and boom they are out of your inventory for 30 days. Even if they are not sold at the end, they will stay in your mail for 30 days after it expires.
    Don't hoard every provisioning material, there are so many useless materials that no one ever uses really, just destroy them.
    Make a guild and find 10 people to unlock the bank, you have 500 more spaces.
    Buy 60 slot chests with writ vouchers, yeah not easy to get but it' 60 extra space.
    Place all the furnishing in your inventory to some storage house.
    Clear your mail from the plague that is called rewards for the worthy, deconstruct everything that isn't spell strategist inferno staff and keep going.
    Now most of you know bogdan the nightflame; imagine his fire attack on the ground. He places them and after a while he just jumps and removes all of those.
    Now that jump is the free eso+ trial in this situation. It will empty your bags so hard that you will want to buy eso+ for the next month. But nope, it is possible to manage your inventory without it.
    Sure it's a chore; but it gets easier when you get used to it.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso+ is ~50 cents for the day. If you are spending 30+min a day focusing on inventory you are already upside down on that deal.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is free without a forced subscription model. You can literally play this game free of charge for however long you like. So yes, there are going to be inventory issues and there are going to be performance issues.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your first complaint about inventory would be solved by doing the following.

1 - Maxing out your character inventory which is 205 at the moment.
    2 - Max out your bank space.
    3 - Get as many storage chest as possible for additional inventory spots
    4 - Create new characters as mules

If you are not short for cash best option is to get ESO+.

As for gear, welcome to the world of playing a MMO. Gear constantly changes because it is how MMOs keep players playing, to get that carrot and that carrot has to change or MMOs would become boring over time.
  • meneerpeer
    meneerpeer
    ✭✭✭
    and option 5; start a guild and let 10 randoms join. Voila 500 extra bank space...
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of repetition in that opening post. I get what you're driving at, but a point system doesn't help. You'll still be filling your inventory with items you exchange for points. I also understand you don't want to subscribe; that's your choice, but you can't change the game around that choice. I chose to sub, and I'm more than happy with all the benefits of that choice, not least the bottomless craft bag and bonus house and bank space - - all dlc for free, bonus experience, and more crowns than I could buy for the price of that sub are great bonuses too.

If you choose not to subscribe, you forgo said benefits. Did ZOS create a problem and provide a solution to it, yes. By design the solution to your problem is a subscription. Like it or not, that's how it is. Could they provide a halfway house solution to non subscribers, yes, and they have: storage boxes and mount capacity, bag and banker space upgrades, pig pet. It's just that no solution is free (gold or crown cost)... And that seems to be the foundation of your entire argument.
    free, as in you give it to us for free
    Edited by mairwen85 on June 1, 2020 4:17PM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Goal is to sell stuff
    after they research the sales they feel its not enough
    to boost the sales all content need to be tweaked around it
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you choose not to subscribe, you forgo said benefits. Did ZOS create a problem and provide a solution to it, yes. By design the solution to your problem is a subscription. Like it or not, that's how it is. Could they provide a halfway house solution to non subscribers, yes, and they have: storage boxes and mount capacity, bag and banker space upgrades, pig pet. It's just that no solution is free (gold or crown cost)... And that seems to be the foundation of your entire argument.

Even free is not enough for some people.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you come back in 12 months there will be even more sets for you to fill your inventory with.

Hoarding is completely unnecessary, but those who choose to do it for whatever reason have to accept that they will need to subscribe for that approach to be remotely viable.

Your central point seems to be that the game is broken. It isn't. You've simply chosen the wrong business model for your chosen playstyle.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    kind_hero wrote: »

When the game came out, that bank space stuff did not exist. Think about that.

They broke their game to force a sub.

Inventory management is getting out of hand. Next patch even more trash...every time I complete something it is forced into my mailbox....I am forced to get the stuff out of the mail box and put it in my inventory... I max out all my guild sells and sell the items for pennies.

I can't play because they keep tossing trash my way 24/7 left and right. Instead of giving us items, they should give us points, which take no space, to go and get the items WHEN WE WANT TO.

I can't play this game anymore. PVE nor PVP. It's become a mess that I have chosen not to deal with.

I will come back in 12 months.

To me you are just ranting. I have been playing this game since november 2014, and I tend to gather sets, monster sets, even oddities such the prisoner rags I started in. I also craft and do housing. And I still have enough inventory space, I mean yeah, I could do with some more, but that is not my 1st problem with this game. I haven't even unlocked the last two storage boxes.

How many chars do you have? And how many inventory slots, bank slots, storage slots etc do you have unlocked/available?

I have 2-3 pvp sets and maybe 3-5 pve sets (trial ones). Not to mention weapons and niche/fun sets. But I have ESO+ so I don't have issues with reagents and stuff that goes into the subscription bag.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will keep nerfing and unnerfing sets so I shan't farm anymore. I will log on to ESO for casual story time since they've sent the message that they don't care about the time & effort spent farming & golding out my items. In a patch or 2 I bet the class abilities & item sets will be changed yet again, based on how the combat team feels that day. Maybe even the racial passives just like last time. Who knows? They don't give reason other than "balance" (which makes no sense since they keep going ping pong snip snap on the same abilities and sets). I got multiple relic weapons now in FF14 and caught up to the latest living story in gW2. Let's see what direction ESO goes this year for the patch after Greymoor launch. Will it finally be a performance patch?
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed the inventory system in ESO is a mess and subpar compared to most other MMOs.

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • olda90
    olda90
    ✭✭✭
    Since i’ve been playing in the last +2 years i always had my ESO+ active and when you are used to play with 480 bank space and crap bag going back it becomes a really hard adventure especially if you as many other players (like me) like to loot everything and have a large exotic collection of sets that you might want to try out ‘some day’.

Well Zenimax found the right way to force to change my attitudes delivering a game always more broken in therms of performance, in therms of strategies for ‘balance the game’ and in therms of the public they try to reach. Endgame players get continuously left behind at last place in their agenda, if you played for too long you aren’t anymore welcome and the only reason for keep you here is that you can pay your monthly sub, buy the new chapter and from their crown store.

I decided to stop supporting this game (also considered to quit) so didn’t buy Greymoor and stopped renewing my ESO+, so now i have the same inventory space problem even though i have 11 characters, 8 coffers and a guild bank with 500 slots. Well since i could quit at anytime (and even if not) there is no point on:

1) keep mediocre sets
    2) continue loot nodes
    3) keep deconstructing
    4) keep crafting

If you are experienced enough you can make gold simply by playing the game without having to craft/farm anything, you can buy/sell all you need from trading guilds and if you really need to craft few things during the year (potions, armor) just keep those few materials you need and buy all the rest from guild stores. You can also buy all DLCs with gold and buy the latest chapter 1 year later (or wait few month for price to drop). The hardest part is to change your attitudes but is completely duable and i would say even more fun for me becouse next time i will have to complain becouse of broken game i know at least that im no longer paying them, so i can be ok with whatever crap they do. More people should do like this instead of paying and complaining all the time, if they would do so maybe something would really change at some point (performance in first place). But many are too lazy for this and would feel newbies without ESO+.

Be aware becouse the system is designed in all ways to fill your inventory (with crap), examples?:

- daily login reward
    - rewards of the worthy in AvA areas
    - battlegrounds rewards
    - random dungeon rewards
    - quests rewards
    - sets you can loot everywhere you are playing (overland, dungeon, arena, trial, AvA, antiquities!)
    - Mobs dropping crap everywhere (and 1million alkahest)
    - Items that don't stack or with stack limit
    - 1 crap item deconstruct = 2/.../5 crap items in your Bag
    - nodes everywhere
    - events!
    - etc, etc, etc

If some day i will be forced to pay for play the full game i will definitely quit, im already too tired of having to farm meta sets, characters every new expansion. As long i can avoid looting won’t be a problem to play without subbing, i can say even more, at some point they might also have to give access to ESO+ with crowns (that you can trade with gold) becouse new competitors will always come out (like New World) so if they want to keep their audience they will have to adapt to the market (crown gifting is an example).
    Edited by olda90 on June 2, 2020 12:45PM
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of ways to get bank space.

1: Bank space.
    2: Mount upgrades (sure 1 per day, but 60 extra slots isn't bad).
    3: Backpack upgrades (and the first 2 backpack upgrades cost the equivalent of 1 day of stealing items).
    4: Storage chests (you get one as part of the Level Up rewards IIRC).
    5: Make a guild and get 10 random accounts to join (that's easy, just offer some gold to players who join and stay). Voila! 500 extra slots of bank space.
    6: Mule characters (60 extra slots per mule (or 80, if you decide to buy the first 2 backpack upgrade).

I could probably do away with my ESO+ sub and still be fine inventory wise.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!