The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New vampire changes: keeping? Curing?

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    since i care about rp much more than competition
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CURE!
    I'm going to give it vampire shot because I think my magcro will be hobbled without the stun. 12% is too much for the 6.0.3 version skills.

Realistically, stamina is just too good. The sets for stamina are just better. I'll probably cure and convert over to stamcro.

If I ever get the wild hunt ring, I might convert back to vampire magcro. Maybe.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CURE!
    Definitely cure, they changed vamp from being necessity of 1-2 passive for price of nearly no disadvantages to something I would now have to commit to, pay attention to, want to use and deal with the consequences. I am glad, i can finally stop feeling forced into it.
  • Ulthlian
    Ulthlian
    ✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    I'll stay vampire no matter what and try to incorporate new ultimate and some abilities in my build with Elf Bane. But it doesn't mean, that I like the rework. If they'll revert frenzy changes from 6.0.3 and give at least -95% HP regen penalty at stage 4, then it will be something. The lack of ranged option for spammable or bat swarm gap closer still pains me though. NPCs got all the juicy stuff it seems :#
    Edited by Ulthlian on May 16, 2020 5:10PM
  • Lotus781
    Lotus781
    ✭✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    lvl1 only tho
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    I actually cured my only vamp previously and plan on making a new character custom built to run a vamp build. This is definitely going to be a sea change, but I'm also excited for that as vamp previously just felt shallow and pointless beyond the passives which never really felt good from a gameplay perspective.

I do wish they wouldn't have gotten rid of batswarm, or at least off loaded the visuals to a morph of mist form as who doesn't want to change into a swarm of bats. (I know a morph still exists, but it changes you into the blood scion and doesn't match with what we even get shown in the cinematic)

I think until we see this thing properly hit live, we won't be able to tell how vamps will perform. I actually like the fact that to get the most out of my vamp I will be playing as a glass cannon as that rewards better play vs the toons I run where I don't have to think about what I'm standing in because I know it can't kill me.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I must test it extensively. There's so much changed that I cannot give a proper prediction.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    I was using it only for Mist (i.e I was dropping stage to 1 regularly anyway), so most probably I will remain vampire and since now it is even easier to sit at stage 1 plus you have increase of burst on mist exit, new vamp looks good. Though of course testing is needed.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    I was using it only for Mist (i.e I was dropping stage to 1 regularly anyway), so most probably I will remain vampire and since now it is even easier to sit at stage 1 plus you have increase of burst on mist exit, new vamp looks good. Though of course testing is needed.

The burst on mist exit is a stage 2 passive.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    Vevvev wrote: »

The burst on mist exit is a stage 2 passive.

Oh, that's bad :(
  • Skykaiser_Ọlọrun
    Universe wrote: »
    The only downside of curing is that I will need to re-infect my character if they ever change the skill line to be useful.

This is the only thing stopping me from curing it altogether.

I'll probably just let it drop to Stage 1 and ignore it.

• out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    Keep, staying at stage 2 for stealth speed/damage from stealth, I will also probably find a use for mist form. Since I'm playing nightblade, my goal is burst and hit and run tactics. I've handled 5% increase from NMA, I can handle it on vamp(though I'd be pretty hesitant to combine the two). I'll experiment with stage 4. Maybe it'll work for me, maybe not. I'm sure stage 2 will though.
    Edited by out51d3r on May 16, 2020 9:08PM
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    I’m kinda indifferent on the Vamp Rework. I’m open on giving it a chance.

I’ll probably keep Two of my Vampires for the heck of it - The rest I’m purging... deleting - as in my Werewolves killed them like the weaklings they are!
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    Well, I did not cured my WW when they got neutered... did not gave up... now I am rewarded for that...

Similar case with Vamp. The difference is, Vamps were not neutered, and are still strong. You just kinda have to build for it now.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know yet. This vampire is a new type of thing and if I can manage to learn how to utilize it, maybe I'll have at least one of them as an active character. Either way, I always keep one or more parked characters that are vampires so I can give a bite to someone.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have a Vamp Mag DK. Curing.

Have Human Mag Sorc. Infecting.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CURE!
    I'll cure it from my Magpler healer because the changes hurt the templer skills too much. However I'll keep vampire on my Magden for RP.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    It's just not worth being a vampire. Too many people watched Twilight and will make nice carpets in group content every time they mess up their buff timing. My guild said they probably won't allow vampire builds in vet raids becaus of the high probability of avoidable deaths that would normally be easily healed by the designated healers. It will be good for the top 5% that push scores and will pair it with thrassian stranglers because their skill level is far above what is required for any content but the rest will be awful to meet in dungeon ques.
    Edited by Austinseph1 on May 16, 2020 11:12PM
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping for some niche builds I tested for PvP

Looking more forward to the buffed WW’ that I tested though.

If performance doesn’t improve, not sure how things will workout....
  • skypantherb14_ESO
    KEEP!
    I have 4 Characters that are Vampires, I will be curing half of them...

After playing around with it on the PTR, my Magcro Vampire does fine... so long as you build the character around it... but keeping it as just a passive is no longer viable...

If things do not work well ZOE can always play around with the numbers a bit more, etc...
  • Ozymandias_13
    Ozymandias_13
    ✭✭✭
    CURE!
    My dps might be able to stay cursed, but my main is a vampire healer and I don't know how to reconcile those given these changes. I'll give it a sincere try, but I don't honestly expect to be able to heal veteran content while also being enough of a vampire for me to even consider my character one any more.
    The only abilities I might be able to use as a healer are either a direct downgrade or not worth the trade off.
    Given the penalties, if I stay at stage 1 then I don't get the benefit of even passive vampirism, or arguably best aspect of the rework - feeding.

If someone has found a build that would make a vampire necromancer healer successful (not just minimum level of tolerable) I would love to know how.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    Just trying to get a feel for where the player base is at.

If your keeping it, or plan on getting AND keeping vampirism, pick the first keep option.

If your displeased with the changes and going to cure it, or just picking up vamp to see the new changes but wont commit, or retiring any vamp toons but not curing for role play reasons, pick cure

It's garbage. The animations are mostly bad, the transformation looks dumb without wings, the multiple debuffs ruin it for pvp, it does not have a full kit, vampire ability base costs are way to high, blood frenzy and vampiric drain are stupid and useless, serving only to further the skill gap in PvE, but useless for casuals and for pvp.

BUT im not gonna cure it because I'm not going to play anymore. Just wanna keep ranting on the forums though because I prepaid for it and because I've consecutively purchased year renewals of gold membership and crowns, only to watch the game performance and fun factor continuously be degraded. My favorite part is how unplayable Cyrodil has become, second to that is how horrible and disappointing these new changes are to my favorite roleplaying class across all Elder Scrolls games :)
    Edited by Elusiin on May 17, 2020 10:54PM
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    I have 3 vamps, but though I won't actually cure them, I still won't actually use the new skill line and maybe the characters themselves for a while.

2 of my vamps are stamina chars - one of them is actually supposed to be a vamp for RP reasons, because he is more or less my Elder Scrolls character throughout the series. but the new skills offer nearly nothing to them. Before, I sometimes used the Bat Swarm ultimate and though the effects of that are somewhat retained in the Swarming Scion, I won't use the new ultimate, because I don't want to transform into a scion. Never used Vampire Lord in Skyrim despite playing vampire, and won't change that in ESO.

Of the passives, the only one that really interests me (before and after U26) is the sneak speed passive. While I'm happy that this passive is not tied to stage 4 anymore, I haven't yet decided if it is worth the inceased cost to all non-vamp skills for me.

My only magicka vamp just became a vamp for the pale skin. And this is really not worth the increased skill costs. So, not playing this one for the time being. If the cost increase at stage 1 gets removed, I will play that one again, but not before.
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    While I'm still disappointed that the ultimate is just a bone goliath in a daedra costume, at least 2 of my vamps will stay vamps. Some of the abilities seem to work decently on magcro and NB. Not sure about the others though. Still wishing vamp had a gap closer.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    Only my magblade will be vampire. I already cured my magsorcs and magdk. Changed to werewolf (i dont know when i will respec them to stams).
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    I'd like to play the classes on a competitive level. Guess I'll have to cure a lot of vampires from their curse..
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CURE!
    I wonder how soon the class change token will come out after the vampire changes become in effect. Some classes will become nearly unplayable as a vampire. (OK, you can play any class as a vampire but you'll suffer greater challenges with some classes.) Some classes the play about the same with small changes. And maybe one or two classes would do really well as vampires.

I cured my magpler because the increased skill cost would hurt the healing ability too much. I left my magden as a vampire and will see how it goes.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on May 19, 2020 12:08PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    I have several vampire characters.

I will cure the ones that heal, tank or are good DPS characters.

I will leave it on PvP character for now, because a stun on magden seems hard to give up. Will have to test further on live though.

I especially made one character vamp now to do the Greymoor quests; It is a magblade, and the skills seems to blend in nice with NB.

So the end result is less vampires, that is why i choose CURE!
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    Keeping it on my nightblade
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    My mDK doesn't like the negatives. But does like the appearance buff from the cure.