The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New vampire changes: keeping? Curing?

OWLTHEMAD
OWLTHEMAD
✭✭✭✭
Just trying to get a feel for where the player base is at.

If your keeping it, or plan on getting AND keeping vampirism, pick the first keep option.

If your displeased with the changes and going to cure it, or just picking up vamp to see the new changes but wont commit, or retiring any vamp toons but not curing for role play reasons, pick cure

New vampire changes: keeping? Curing? 240 votes

KEEP!
27%
driosketchck37090StxGadamlub14_ESOTessituraskypantherb14_ESOMrGhostyroythb16_ESONemesis7884Iruil_ESOAstridnikolaj.lemcheb16_ESOHyperCuddlerAnkaridanRadiancefxeconomisteb17_ESOidkGlurinkojou 66 votes
CURE!
72%
Nyteshadenavystylz_ESOMoloch1514calitrumanb14_ESO1337VV4ff135KadoozyDarcyMardinGlantirKalikilolo_01b16_ESOBeolundDracaneGigasaxAelorinIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOShadowHvoixieSodanTokwild_kmacdb16_ESOCronopoly 174 votes
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    Only using it for RP at this point since I've been performing better without being a vampire on the PTS, especially in PVP.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CURE!
    I'm not using my vampire characters in any competitive gameplay after this dumpster fire.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    Actually, I have one casual overland character who's a thief/assassin and is likely to keep it. Otherwise it seems pointless and indeed counterproductive.
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need option leaving =)
    I came to this game from GW2, where i roleplayed vampire with necromancer skills. In ESO i also could play as a vampire, but i liked overall more "realistic" visual style of the game and visuals of vampire skills in particular, in comparison with GW2. In ESO i have single character, vampire as you can guess, other playstyles don't really interested me. So now i am a little confused how i will continue playing with all this "revamp". I don't think i will leave, but i received hard hit to my playstyle and visual enjoyment.
    Edited by XomRhoK on May 16, 2020 12:56AM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KEEP!
    This is a little tough.

I have it on one toon, who is not my main, for RPs reasons, but I'm not going to play the character any less for it, or bar him from use in any content. (I've made less optimal builds work in PvP & PvE, no doubt I can make a new vampire build work.) Plus a guildmate may want a bite, for what ever reason, so I would like to have one to give.

Hmm, I guess that means I fall under "keep".
    Edited by driosketch on May 16, 2020 12:56AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks interesting
    Too bad i dont have egnough character slot for a dedicated vampire character
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    15 characters like 12 are vampire. After years and now this. No way am I respecing and after being beaten to nothing left by nerf hammer, just walking away. Another year or two and all of this will be changed and possibly they'll bring real tanks back to stop the tank DD meta. Tanks are supposed to be tanks. They really need to figure out where they're going in this game cause right now it looks like they're going all over the place. So much just doesn't synergy with the rest. Good luck all.
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    Im gonna keep it, Eviscerate, Blood Mist, and to a lesser extent the Scion are skills I can incorporate into my Magcro build, could have added blood frenzy to that list but the 6.0.3 patch made sure I wasnt going to do that.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    As with WW when they nerfed it to oblivion, I'll keep vampire on at least one crafting character. But, most will be cured; for certain the characters I use in meaningful content will get the cure. I think if I were into RP, these changes would be great! As it is, I see no reason to build into vamp.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »

Yeah, not sure how much stock we can put into polls like this. A lot of the "no" votes are going to be from overreaction. The same overreaction we see each and every time something gets the slightest nerf that says anything even remotely associated with it is now beyond useless.

As such, I honestly think you'd be better off waiting at least a few weeks or even longer after Greymoor goes live to give everyone a chance to calm down. There's still going to be a few stubborn ones who will never change their mind no matter what, but at least then you might get a more level headed reading.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CURE!
    Glurin wrote: »

Yeah, not sure how much stock we can put into polls like this. A lot of the "no" votes are going to be from overreaction. The same overreaction we see each and every time something gets the slightest nerf that says anything even remotely associated with it is now beyond useless.

As such, I honestly think you'd be better off waiting at least a few weeks or even longer after Greymoor goes live to give everyone a chance to calm down. There's still going to be a few stubborn ones who will never change their mind no matter what, but at least then you might get a more level headed reading.

imagine thinking criticizing and disliking the rework has anything to do with balance or overreacting.

In case you've missed it most people have beef with the rework due to the visuals and abilities present in said rework. Also people don't like the cost debuff.

People's tastes in what they were expecting from the rework thematically and their hatred for NPCs getting better vampire abilities aren't going to 'die out'.

Actually in fact, I'd argue the longer Greymoor is up the more people will start complaining. Because they're going to see all the cool thing vampire NPCs can do that players can't for some reason. They're going to realize the skill line as a whole is a sham.
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I can even name a few: Rich Lambert, Rob Garrett, Kyle Nowak =)
    Edited by XomRhoK on May 16, 2020 2:09AM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be using it for role play only in its current state vampire isn’t viable for pvp or pve and it’s certainly not stamina build friendly.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭

Well after greymore goes live i can test it my self. No pts for xbox :neutral: until than i figured the pole would be nice to help see if i want to come back this chapter.

My freinds will follow me back into this game, or on to something new. I dont want to drag them back to eso if the chapter is a bust. And so far its pretty 50/50.

New trial gear is dead on arrival. Antiquities system has some nice goodies locked behind what is so far touted to be a disgustingly bad grind. And

the vampire rework is still up in the air. When people vote theyre more likely to comment. And id like to see what they say.

Polls help me directly, but also satisfy my curiosity in seeing how others feel about things as well.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURE!

I don't know man, this poll is a bit odd as you can say yes but vote no, and then vote yes and mean no. I'm still keeping a few vampires around for giving out bites and RP but my main won't have it despite how much I was originally looking forward to it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CURE!
    The drawbacks are too severe.
    The Vampire abilities aren't useful enough.
    It's like ZOS want this skill line to be used primarily in RP or by Questers.
    So I will go for the cure when Update 26 will launch.

ZOS could have handled it better.
    The only downside of curing is that I will need to re-infect my character if they ever change the skill line to be useful.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CURE!
    After yesterday's live show confirming the mess, I cured mine today.
    Vamps now seem to me more like a melee freak show,
    hardly useful anymore for regular Magicka ranged builds or support builds.

ONE YEAR now with the ZOS STAM combat team:
    1. MagNBs ruined
    2. MagSorcPets ruined
    3. MagVamps ruined

On the other hand, the ZOS STAM combat team even made my STAM WW better.
    Brace for another year of Stam dominance.
    Perhaps the Vampire melee freak show was carefully designed as tailor-made PvP prey for StamPlayers...

Edited by BalticBlues on May 16, 2020 5:58AM
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    CURE!

If your keeping it, or plan on getting AND keeping vampirism, pick the first keep option.

If your displeased with the changes and going to cure it, or just picking up vamp to see the new changes but wont commit, or retiring any vamp toons but not curing for role play reasons, pick cure

Not curing. I quit. Shoulda had a quit/refund optoin lol.
  • Hu-Rikan
    Hu-Rikan
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't vote because im in between, at the moment im thinkin to keep it on my highest lvl toon who i mainly rp and craft with my tank might have to get cured tho
  • WraithShadow13
    WraithShadow13
    ✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    Personally, with how this is, curing is the only option. Unfortunately for my main, he is a Vamp for RP reasons, so he might stay as is but just for those headcanon reasons, as well as keeping an eye on any vampire updates and changes they make. likely, there is only ONE ability i will use, and that's surprisingly blood mist, though i'm losing out on my favorite ultimate Bat Swarm.

And yes, i'm losing it simply because i don't want to turn into a giant demon looking thing.
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    KEEP!
    Keep, its good for experianced players but also I kinda glad that most will cure it. Thanks to that it will be more rare and unique :)
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    Suligost wrote: »
    Keep, its good for experianced players but also I kinda glad that most will cure it. Thanks to that it will be more rare and unique :)

Well you enjoy your self killing, overly penalizing infection that does more harm to you than benefits in the name of being unique lol. :D
  • fxeconomisteb17_ESO
    KEEP!
    Keep, remain in stage 1. Won't look as bad as stage 4 and can access new abilities at a minimum cost for regular abilities. Looks like definitely a win-win compared to the current vampire.
    "Is it true her wounds healed on their own ? Yes" No s***, at 75% health regen penalty!

I was a vampire like you, but then I took an idea to the head...
  • LuxiasCaelum13
    LuxiasCaelum13
    ✭✭✭
    CURE!
    I'll only keep it on my stamblade and stamcro, and i'll stay at stage 1 on both.
    The NB because the ganking potential and the possibility to make it even faster with the ring of the hunt, and the stamcro because mist form, since 3% extra cost is negligible. My other toons will be cleansed ASAP.
    Don't make me say the same thing twice. Don't make me say it a third time. I hate having to repeat myself because it's useless. ~Giorno Giovanna
  • Vea
    Vea
    ✭✭✭
    CURE!
    I will cure 3 of my vamps (sadly, all
    magicka and one is my main ), infect my crafter and keep it on my Stam ganker . I have not tested ganking with the new abilities so I will see myself how it work before make a decision on that. I'm a vamp since oblivion, seems like something gonna change 🥺

Edit:
    I would like to see DEVS dueling/PvP/PVe dungeon and trial as a vampire. Maybe they know something about build and rotations we don't yet. Plus would be fun 🙃
    Edited by Vea on May 16, 2020 11:49AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    RP story vampire - cured. I already sold her coffin. She's someone else now, with a new story.

The three characters I occasionally use as group dungeon soloists - cure.

Maybe, I'll keep my Mag NB as stage 1 for the speed in stealth buff, but if her health/sustain suffers while she's running a defensive build against group targets then she'll get cured as well.

The car crash victim that was my Bosmer until U21, is also a vampire. It'll stay the way it is until I decide what to do with it.
    PC EU
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    Cure. I will use my Arctic rime skin, and just pretend, that I am vampire. RP as if I am vamp. I refuse to gimp my healer, just to be useless only-good-for-sneaking vampire after patch, that dies, if it trips on rock in the middle of a road.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will cure it on my MagDK and keep it on my Stam-gank-blade. I was only using it for sustain on my MagDK
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    I'm curing all but one so I can at least try it out.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CURE!
    I have 17 Vampires. Going to cure them all except one.