The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Legendary Overland Difficulty Toggle Option

Universe
Universe
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello everyone :) ,
I find most of the overland content in ESO to be too easy. Overland means: Quests & non quest mobs, general overland mobs, elite mobs, Dolmens etc.
I know that I can just fight with white gear, lesser abilities and toggle off my champion points, but I believe this isn't fun nor initiative.
Even playing with weak/bad gear doesn't make it challenging enough in most cases.
A strong debuff will solve everything with a simple click on the menu & teleport with no hassle.
Also, I want to feel the sense of accomplishment that I beaten an harder mode, not that I did some fake stripping my character naked which doesn't even provide enough challenge(Unless I remove almost everything).

I believe that there should be a toggle option which will make the overland combat harder for the player and thus more rewarding.
What I suggest is to add a toggle option.
When the "Legendary Overland" difficulty is toggled ON:
1. The player character output damage is reduced by 50%.
2. Healing is reduced by 30%.
3. Damage Shields Strength is reduced by 30%.
4. Increased damage taken by 35%.
5. Physical and Spell resistance are capped at 5K each.
6. Physical and Spell Penetration are capped at 5K each.
7. Champion points are disabled. But can still be earned.
8. The cost to block and dodge roll is increased by 10%.
9. Double the experience points, items & gold earned from killing monsters.
10.The rewards from quests are doubled.
11.Players who set the toggle as ON will be able to see and group with each other on the same phase.
Lower and higher difficulty players will not be able to attack the same monsters.
There will be no mix of lower and higher difficulty.

Note: This toggle option will only work in Overland PVE and will not carry to the following: Cyrodiil, Battlegrounds, Dueling, Dungeons & Trials & other instanced zones.
*This poll isn't a duplicate of other "easy game" threads, it serves as a poll for a suggestion I make here.
This suggestion is solely for overland content. I'm not against adding one more difficulty to Dungeons & Trials, but this is not included in the toggle option I describe here.
The default "Legendary Overland" difficulty toggle is OFF in the menu.

You're welcome to vote and share your thoughts.
Edited by Universe on May 16, 2020 3:41AM
Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
Started playing ESO in beta & early access
User_ID: Daedric_Prince

Legendary Overland Difficulty Toggle Option 230 votes

Yes! I want an harder difficulty setting for Overland content like what you suggested.
23%
IsariiSaroussealanmatillab16_ESOkwisatzMalthorneRecktrithiusOediphitryEva13OmniDoAshtarisPathTapio75Robo_HoboAsdaraUniverseParasaurolophusProfessorKittyhawkEDS604RinOkumaraSnowZeniaAttackopsn 55 votes
No! I don't want an harder difficulty setting for Overland content like what you suggested.
5%
aubrey.baconb16_ESOGlurinpeacenoteOneForSorrowAzaharysLumsdenmlSgtSilockmax_onlyLadislaoaltunit21Prax3desSange13Siantar 13 votes
Yes! I want an harder difficulty setting for Overland content, but not like what you suggested.
30%
navystylz_ESOStxkypranb14_ESOssewallb14_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOasuzab16_ESOfreespiritSeptimus_MagnaMasty_SpyNaftalfossoyerNiaverSoul1172KaenoshiydeCinbriDahveedTBoisseipher09Vaoh 69 votes
No! I don't want an harder difficulty setting for Overland content at all.
29%
Imryllthesilverball_ESOBlueRavenJarndycehaploeb14_ESOxaraanchess1ukb16_ESONebthet78ElsonsoOlauronDagoth_RacknightblasterTandorTaleof2CitiesKnightpantherRomoagegartonJeffrey530Xarcparpin 68 votes
Other.
10%
idkDaemons_BaneCadburyRagnorkldzlcs065AcadianPaladinElwendryllccfeelingkarthrag_inaknotyuuWildRaptorXcolossalvoidsSylvermynxCleymenZeroCMDR_Un1k0rnFenrisWolf1136StormeReignsCoronHRbmnobleMellowMagic 25 votes
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    Or just leave it as is...

Although...
    8. Double the experience points, items & gold earned from killing monsters.
    9. The rewards from quests are doubled.

Harder overland content should be reward in itself and should only reward the same amount and quality of experience, items and gold as normal/current at the very most.

10. The effects are per character only. If you're grouped with other players, they shall not receive additional experience & rewards while the option is toggled ON unless they have set the option toggled ON.
    Should be a sharded/phased aspect, can only group, see and speak to those with the toggle on (this includes guild members)
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Hello everyone :) ,
    I find most of the overland content in ESO to be too easy. Overland means: Quests & non quest mobs, general overland mobs, elite mobs, Dolmens etc.
    I know that I can just fight with white gear, lesser abilities and toggle off my champion points, but I believe this isn't fun nor initiative.
    I believe that there should be a toggle option which will make the overland combat harder for the player and thus more rewarding.
    What I suggest is to add a toggle option.
    When the "Legendary Overland" difficulty is toggled ON:
    4. Physical and Spell resistance are capped at 5K each.
    5. Physical and Spell Penetration are capped at 5K each.
    6. Champion points are disabled. But can still be earned.
    7. The cost to block and dodge roll is increased by 10%.
    10. The effects are per character only. If you're grouped with other players, they shall not receive additional experience & rewards while the option is toggled ON unless they have set the option toggled ON.

Note: This toggle option will only work in Overland PVE and will not carry to the following: Cyrodiil, Battlegrounds, Dueling, Dungeons & Trials & other instanced zones.
    *This poll isn't a duplicate of other "easy game" threads, it serves as a poll for a suggestion I make here.
    This suggestion is solely for overland content. I'm not against adding one more difficulty to Dungeons & Trials, but this is not included in the toggle option I describe here.

You're welcome to vote and share your thoughts.

1) Increased HP or decreased DPS doesn't = a more difficult or more interesting fight it = a longer fight which = a boring fight
    2) They do this in PVP already and have to change it because gimping healing can be easily overcome, 30% reduction isn't a lot of healing reduc
    3)See answer to 2
    4) See answer to 1
    5) See answer to 1
    6) Why not just not use them already, it's already an option in game. It's very odd that the people that want a harder difficulty won't stop using the thing that makes the difficulty much easier and you'd have to force it on them via a debuff.
    7) So spam damage shields, 30% power reduction isn't too hard to deal with
    8) LOL and here's the real reason you want higher difficulty. You don't deserve/need more rewards and giving you more rewards only negatively effects the game due to power creep/
    9) LOL see answer 8. If you really want higher difficulty you shouldn't need extra quest rewards as that would increase the amount available meta gear which decreases the difficulty through power creeping.
    10) This is why difficulty sliders don't work in an MMO. You can't apply a single player concept to a multiplayer game and this would cause more headaches then would be worth implementing. What is stopping me from grouping with a bunch of players

Like I said before, you're not bringing any new ideas to the table, you're just rehashing the same arguments that won't work because this is an MMO. The only game this has ever been available in was GW1 and that was because overland in that game was instanced to the player or group and they're not going to rework the entire game in order to completely cut off the player base from each other.
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I want an harder difficulty setting for Overland content, but not like what you suggested.
    I want overland be hard like Malestrom, so not by weakening me or giving absurd HP to mobs but by making them dangerous. Also additional rewards as exp, higher drop rate, unique motifs are welcome.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do players insist on adding harder content ... when they don’t participate in the existing hard content currently available in the game?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do players insist on adding harder content ... when they don’t participate in the existing hard content currently available in the game?

I've already seen and enjoyed the quests and environments available in existing hard content, and now I'd like to finish Cadwell's Gold and do the expansion questlines. That's a *ton* of content. But the combat is so mind-numbingly easy that I can't maintain any degree of immersion while going through them. Big evil quest bosses supposedly strong enough to worry gods and threaten the world order die before I can even finish casting my skills (or they can finish their voice lines). That would break my immersion in any other quest-based game, and it breaks my immersion in ESO. The difference is I can't turn up the difficulty in this game. (I'm not some DPS god and I'm not in some kind of trial-approved BIS setup either.)

Too-easy quest content is boring and immersion breaking. Those of us who would like to play the quests on a difficulty harder than Skyrim on Novice ought to have the option.
    Edited by casparian on May 10, 2020 8:31PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I'm happy with it the way it is now, but if it would be optional/toggle that would be fine with me too.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We can't have this in overland because everybody is in it together in overland and delves and public dungeons and stuff. Normal and Veteran difficulties are separated in instanced content like dungeons and Trials. What is being described here is something akin to a 12-man Trial where 8 players are playing it on Normal and 4 are playing it on Veteran. How can that possibly work? If you want to separate into normal and veteran overland instances, it might make sense, but they used to have normal and veteran versions of zones like Auridon and Rivenspire and so on (complete with better gear and gold and XP). They got rid of them because they were unpopular. And the entire purpose of Tamriel One was to get rid of the separation between overland players.

I just see no way to have players at different difficulty levels playing alongside each other. If a player at low difficulty comes up and one-shots a world boss while a high difficulty player is fighting it, what happens? Does the high difficulty player get their elite loot? Yes? Why? They had barely made a dent in boss and other player did all the damage. No? That is going to lead to a lot of drama and conflict as high difficulty players try to keep low difficulty players from interfering in their combat.

It is also just not going to really lead to more difficulty if you do not segregate players by their chosen difficulty. How will 3 or 4 high difficulty players be able to really get a challenge if a bunch of low difficulty players can come along at any moment and faceroll what they are fighting?

There are so many complicating factors to having essentially normal and veteran content mixed together in one instance.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because if you look at their posts the titles of the threads are "Muh difficulty" but if you read the bodies and what they want they really just want more stuff
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! I want an harder difficulty setting for Overland content like what you suggested.

Although...

Harder overland content should be reward in itself and should only reward the same amount and quality of experience, items and gold as normal/current at the very most.

Should be a sharded/phased aspect, can only group, see and speak to those with the toggle on (this includes guild members)

Perhaps.
    Though I thought that additional rewards will be nice.
    The rewards will be a good incentive to try the harder difficulty.

The phased aspect can be a part of the toggle option too.

@Rave the Histborn I don't ask for an increased difficulty because of additional rewards, they are merely a bonus for harder work.
    Phasing is great in ESO. You will not see them if they are not set the option to ON.
    I edited my original post to reflect this.

@Dagoth_Rac I edited my original post so the players will be phased.
    Players who set the toggle as ON will be able to see and group with each other.
    Lower and higher difficulty will not be mixed.
    I thought of adding it to my original idea, but I do it now.

Edited by Universe on May 10, 2020 9:32PM
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Actually that should have been a no, I missed point 8 on my skim of the list. Because the only way I'd accept it was if it had the exact same rewards as normal. So that would actually be one of the no categories.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    i don't think this would work. how could 2 players with different settings not be able to attack the same monster? also, most fights in overland aren't very interesting, so to echo what another player said, longer fights = more boring fights. there's plenty of hard content in the game, by way of world bosses and craglorn content. yeah, they could release another craglorn-like zone. but changing what's already there...nah
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually that should have been a no, I missed point 8 on my skim of the list. Because the only way I'd accept it was if it had the exact same rewards as normal. So that would actually be one of the no categories.

Maybe you mean "Yes! I want an harder difficulty setting for Overland content, but not like what you suggested." ?
    Because this option is for people who want an harder difficulty for Overland content but not like what I suggested which means that it can be with no additional rewards(normal).
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    This is one of the least important aspects of the game Zos needs to consider. It is insignificant in many aspects.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CoronHR wrote: »
    i don't think this would work. how could 2 players with different settings not be able to attack the same monster? also, most fights in overland aren't very interesting, so to echo what another player said, longer fights = more boring fights. there's plenty of hard content in the game, by way of world bosses and craglorn content. yeah, they could release another craglorn-like zone. but changing what's already there...nah

Phasing :)
    When I created the discussion I left phasing out, but obviously it is needed.
    The phasing is a part of my suggestion now :)
    idk wrote: »
    This is one of the least important aspects of the game Zos needs to consider. It is insignificant in many aspects.

I disagree.
    I would like to enjoy the overland content and not cheese through it.
    Implementing an harder mode for the content will make it more enjoyable.

Currently, when I do overland I feel overpowered like I'm some sort of a supernatural being.
    This toggle option will fix it.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.

Although...

Perhaps.

The most common "complaint" with overland being too easy is power creep, which is often blamed on by the fast leveling as well gear that can be obtained from all areas and certain crafted sets. So what is the point of escaping the power creep when you willingly add it in and basically powerlevel yourself into godhood again with even better gear and make said "legendary" content trivial after a handful of quests?

Titles, exclusive motifs, and maybe mounts and skins could be more then enough for bragging rights and rewards.

Phasing/Sharded aspect would be more plausibly logical outside of building brand new servers - though, still have to deal with the same current issues, and possibly more issues that might happen.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Although...

Perhaps.

The most common "complaint" with overland being too easy is power creep, which is often blamed on by the fast leveling as well gear that can be obtained from all areas and certain crafted sets. So what is the point of escaping the power creep when you willingly add it in and basically powerlevel yourself into godhood again with even better gear and make said "legendary" content trivial after a handful of quests?

Titles, exclusive motifs, and maybe mounts and skins could be more then enough for bragging rights and rewards.

Phasing/Sharded aspect would be more plausibly logical outside of building brand new servers - though, still have to deal with the same current issues, and possibly more issues that might happen.

The "Legendary Overland" buff will scale with me:
    The values I suggested in the OP post can be altered by ZOS at any given time so even if I reach higher power in "normal", the "Legendary Overland" will remain as difficult.
    Edited by Universe on May 10, 2020 10:02PM
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Although...

Perhaps.

@Rave the Histborn I don't ask for an increased difficulty because of additional rewards, they are merely a bonus for harder work.
    Phasing is great in ESO. You will not see them if they are not set the option to ON.
    I edited my original post to reflect this.

@Dagoth_Rac I edited my original post so the players will be phased.
    Players who set the toggle as ON will be able to see and group with each other.
    Lower and higher difficulty will not be mixed.
    I thought of adding it to my original idea, but I do it now.

Adding increased rewards is counter to the difficulty increase and you fail to address my other points for a reason.

No matter how much you attempt to gimp the game or just throw HP or damage onto overland it's not going to make it difficult, you're just going to make things take longer
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.

Although...

Perhaps.

The "Legendary Overland" will scale with me:
    The values I suggested in the OP post can be altered by ZOS at any given time so even if I reach higher power in "normal", the "Legendary Overland" will remain as difficult.

Hard to take this serious enough to believe that.
    According to your logic, my current build and gear set up, I wouldn't have to change my approach at all even with all the restrictions you listed in the OP I still will just mow over everything. The catch? Just will be slower in "legendary" versus current by a few extra minutes.

Me being lazy and slightly less than mediocre...
    https://youtu.be/hBBgzsTN3ZI

With StamSorc (pseudo Hybrid) 2h/Bow wearing ilambris, Baharaha's and Thunderbug's I can chew through a lot, as well can solo a large chunk of group content outside of base. I am just spoon feed plenty of healing from passives and gear so you change it to nerf my healing and shields down from 30% (as stated in your op) to 50%. I am still being spoon feed heal spam and able to soak up the incoming threats, so instead of me taking 10-15mins to solo certain WBs it will instead takes 20-30mins. Not really Legendary, more of a timestalled annoyance now.
    Edited by StormeReigns on May 11, 2020 2:03AM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Rave the Histborn @StormeReigns I added one more effect for the "Legendary Content" toggle option.
    This should resolve the not challenging enough argument.
    I thought that all those effects are enough, but sure additional damage taken will sort it out.
    Ofc all this is not battle tested and ZOS should check everything if ever considering such an idea.
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    No! I don't want an harder difficulty setting for Overland content like what you suggested.

I feel like difficulty sliders for overland content is going about things the wrong way since players DO still want their CP, they want to feel more powerful and the stronger they get the easier Overland becomes.

Instead of a slider I think we should have a few zones that are specifically tuned for higher CP players. Think Craglorn. Quests could give better equipment or crafting resources but be far harder. Some could require actual grouping.

Having zones like this would give high CP players a spot to test their skill in the open world and lower CP players would have something to aim for.
    Edited by OneForSorrow on May 10, 2020 10:32PM
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I've been a proponent of a difficulty slider for as long as there has been whining about overland being too easy. Though not interested in using such an option, I think options are good and, clearly, there are a notable numbers of players that sound as if they would welcome it. One difficulty level will never please everyone so a difficulty slider makes perfect sense for the content OP is talking about.

Since I don't care about loot, I don't care if the difficulty slider incorporates loot changes or not.

The game is already proficient at buffing individual characters - that is how pre-level 50 'battle leveling' works so you already have buffed low levels fighting fine alongside unbuffed high CP characters. A difficulty slider would not buff or debuff content, simply any characters that have chosen a setting other than default. I can't believe there are insurmountable problems to creating such an option.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    I dont think that you should get more xp/gold/items just for wanting a harder difficulty.. the rewards are equal for all of us, and should stay so
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been a proponent of a difficulty slider for as long as there has been whining about overland being too easy. Though not interested in using such an option, I think options are good and, clearly, there are a notable numbers of players that sound as if they would welcome it. One difficulty level will never please everyone so a difficulty slider makes perfect sense for the content OP is talking about.

Since I don't care about loot, I don't care if the difficulty slider incorporates loot changes or not.

The game is already proficient at buffing individual characters - that is how pre-level 50 'battle leveling' works so you already have buffed low levels fighting fine alongside unbuffed high CP characters. A difficulty slider would not buff or debuff content, simply any characters that have chosen a setting other than default. I can't believe there are insurmountable problems to creating such an option.

Difficulty slider is more appropriate for a single player game, not ESO.
    The "Legendary Overland" toggle which is also phased can be a good addition for those who want a challenge.
    There will always be some players who will find it easy, but there will be only a few.
    I dont think that you should get more xp/gold/items just for wanting a harder difficulty.. the rewards are equal for all of us, and should stay so

Same like there is normal and veteran Arenas, Dungeons & Trials.
    The rewards should be higher for those who are challenging themselves.
    Edited by Universe on May 10, 2020 10:46PM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    I don't think that overland and instances are comparable honestly
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on May 10, 2020 10:50PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think that overland and instances are comparable honestly

Well, the effects I suggested will make it more challenging.

Ofc it isn't the same as Arenas, Dungeons & Trials.
    Currently, the normal difficulty in Overland is like a walk in the park.
    Edited by Universe on May 10, 2020 10:59PM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    Why is it that all these harder overland content threads all ways ask for extra loot, at most extra XP and the challenge should be the only rewards of a higher difficulty mode.

Even with higher XP rates the new difficulty mode would be exploited, for example large groups doing dolmen runs, in the higher difficulty overland would just overwhelm what ever they are up against for a faster grind.

Removing whatever challenge was added, for what ever extra rewards the new difficulty added.

If they want to add an optional higher difficulty overland content mode, to me the challenge should be the only reward everything else should stay the same.

All I know is if the people that finally get this go to these higher difficulty zones and start asking for "help I cant beat such and such" from their guilds, I don't know about others but a lot of people are just going to flat out tell you to play in the normal mode, they are not going to want to drop everything to help you out with anything less than a world boss/Dragon if your lucky.

That and I assume these will be in separate instances, how will the travel to player from guild/friends list be affected, are players going to accidentally enter the wrong instance without knowing it?

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    Why is it that all these harder overland content threads all ways ask for extra loot, at most extra XP and the challenge should be the only rewards of a higher difficulty mode.

Even with higher XP rates the new difficulty mode would be exploited, for example large groups doing dolmen runs, in the higher difficulty overland would just overwhelm what ever they are up against for a faster grind.

Removing whatever challenge was added, for what ever extra rewards the new difficulty added.

If they want to add an optional higher difficulty overland content mode, to me the challenge should be the only reward everything else should stay the same.

All I know is if the people that finally get this go to these higher difficulty zones and start asking for "help I cant beat such and such" from their guilds, I don't know about others but a lot of people are just going to flat out tell you to play in the normal mode, they are not going to want to drop everything to help you out with anything less than a world boss/Dragon if your lucky.

That and I assume these will be in separate instances, how will the travel to player from guild/friends list be affected, are players going to accidentally enter the wrong instance without knowing it?

I don't think it will be exploited, well I hope not.
    Same thing can be said about dungeons & trials, good groups will always have the advantage.
    Though in Overland, you will most likely find others who will be willing to help you in your travels.
    I believe that many end game players want a challenge, so the "Legendary Overland" phases may be more crowded than you think.

2 scenarios:
    1. When you will try to travel to a friend/guild mate who has the toggle option set to ON you will receive the following message:
    "You are trying to travel to a player which is in higher Overland difficulty area. If you wish to join the fight, please set "Legendary Overland" toggle to ON so you could travel."

2. When you will try to travel to a friend/guild mate who has the toggle option set to OFF you will receive the following message:
    "You are trying to travel to a player which is in normal Overland difficulty area. If you wish to join the fight, please set "Legendary Overland" toggle to OFF so you could travel."
    Edited by Universe on May 10, 2020 11:29PM
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4. Increased damage taken by 35%.
    5. Physical and Spell resistance are capped at 5K each.
    6. Physical and Spell Penetration are capped at 5K each.
    7. Champion points are disabled. But can still be earned.
    8. The cost to block and dodge roll is increased by 10%.
    9. Double the experience points, items & gold earned from killing monsters.
    10.The rewards from quests are doubled.
    11.Players who set the toggle as ON will be able to see and group with each other on the same phase.

It's a good list of debuffs. I'd like to share some of my thoughts on it.

I've been watching a lot of quest videos from back in pre-one tamriel days, even as old as 2014, to see what it was like then compared to now, and I noticed a lot of the times when players died or came close to dying to quest bosses back then, it was usually from being dwindled down in health slowly and running out of resources too quickly and not being able to heal enough in time. It was less common for one-shots or hits that took away a large portion of health to end up killing them. Even players with high DPS (for the time) had this struggle, because healing and resources were a lot less available on demand. One video showed a boss getting to half health in about 10 seconds or so into the fight, but then without anymore resources they were on edge and nearly died from the weak hitting attacks because of not being able to recover, and the fight lasted a good amount of time after that.

Reduced resource gain and or/increased ability cost could go along way, because no matter how much you reduce healing itself, if you always have immediate means to heal, there's less of a sense of danger, vs. you do not have the immediate ability to recover (you're waiting on resources to regain and need to strategize a balance between damage and healing with them, and you're still on potion cooldown).

Greatly Reduced or even removed passive health regeneration (like stage 4 vamp in Greymoor) in this regard would also go a long way. Think of fights with long waits inbetween sections of the fight where you don't do anything, passive health regen typically recovers you back to or close to full health free of charge during those times (like the final fight at the end of the Northern Elsweyr questline).

Also maybe further reduced AOE damage is something to consider, fights with waves of enemies meant to overwhelm you don't mean much if they can all go down at the same time from AOE attacks at roughly the same speed as if you were just killing one of them with single target attacks. Further disparity from AOE damage potential and Single target damage potential would create more situations where more enemies = more risk, meaning using root abilities to stop melee enemies in their tracks and placing aoe dots on them to widdle them down while you take out more dangerous targets (ranged/mage enemies) with single target attacks.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »

I don't think it will be exploited, well I hope not.
    Same thing can be said about dungeons & trials, good groups will always have the advantage.
    Though in Overland, you will most likely find others who will be willing to help you in your travels.
    I believe that many end game players want a challenge, so the "Legendary Overland" phases may be more crowded than you think.

2 scenarios:
    1. When you will try to travel to a friend/guild mate who has the toggle option set to ON you will receive the following message:
    "You are trying to travel to a player which is in higher Overland difficulty area. If you wish to join the fight, please set "Legendary Overland" toggle to ON so you could travel."

2. When you will try to travel to a friend/guild mate who has the toggle option set to OFF you will receive the following message:
    "You are trying to travel to a player which is in normal Overland difficulty area. If you wish to join the fight, please set "Legendary Overland" toggle to OFF so you could travel."

You hope it won't but it will because introducing a system like this will obviously and inevitably be exploited.

They won't be, not as many people are going to willingly gimp themselves for the ability for fights to take longer
    Edited by Rave the Histborn on May 11, 2020 12:25AM