The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Magicka Nightblades need a burst heal

NaomiHutt
NaomiHutt
✭✭✭✭
As the title says

Currently in PvP they don't have access to a burst heal and with healing getting a nerf they are now dead and useless.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Magblade needs a lot, but not a burst heal.
  • RipperoniZossoni
    To me magblde needs a lot but also need that burst heal like you said
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing Ward
  • NaomiHutt
    NaomiHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Healing Ward

This is no longer a burst heal.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »

Why not? Every other class can heal themselves but blades with their broken defense tools should be easy to kill?
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When Malvolent Offering was a flat health cost with a HOT, I used to cast it under healing ward and it was pretty nice.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »

Why not? Every other class can heal themselves but blades with their broken defense tools should be easy to kill?

Burst heals are not the only heals in this game. I'd rather let magblade keep its emphasis on HoTs which allow for a more agressive playstyle instead of turning it into another "hold block and spam X" kind of class. If you prefer the latter, there are other classes to choose from. No more homogenisation.
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Man i was just dueling on the PTS with friends, and mageblades are so meh compared to other classes it's amazing.
    This one guy insisted on making mageblade work he tried for hours, and once he logged in to a different magicka char you could immediately sense a 400% improvement on every parameter, and he MAINS nightblade on live.

I don't know what to tell you, something is seriously wrong with this class and I don't even know where to begin.

In the past 8 months all of the mageblades in my pvp guild had swapped to stamcros stamdens and the like, and now even the stamblades are re-rolling, it's just sad.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The class has enough healing. It needs shields so the heals can take root imo.

But this is hardly the only problem with the class.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Between regen, cloak, and swallow soul, magblade healing is pretty darn good...
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both specs of nb is f up and Gina said there’s no class balance this patch so us nb are just going to be screwed even longer.
  • Feizao
    Feizao
    ✭✭✭
    NaomiHutt wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Healing Ward

This is no longer a burst heal.

i loved the old healing ward once i figured how best to use it.

Burst heals are not the only heals in this game. I'd rather let magblade keep its emphasis on HoTs which allow for a more agressive playstyle instead of turning it into another "hold block and spam X" kind of class. If you prefer the latter, there are other classes to choose from. No more homogenisation.

Idk, Im taking a risk going offensive with low HP. Maybe its just me getting popped in light armor
    Edited by Feizao on April 29, 2020 7:00PM
    PS4 NA lsoSO4P
    EP - Dark Elf - MagBlade Vamp
    EP - Nord - Stam/MagDk
    EP - Argonian - StamCro
    EP - Nord - StamPlar/Hybrid Healer
    AD - Khajit - StamBlade/Tank
    AD - Khajit - StormSorc/Hybrid WW
    DC - Breton - MagDen
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feizao wrote: »

Idk, Im taking a risk going offensive with low HP. Maybe its just me getting popped in light armor

Having to take risks isn't a bad thing as long the reward is there. Which it currently isn't - and that's not something that will be "fixed" by giving magblade a burst heal. At best you end up with a low risk, low reward playstyle - hardly an improvement.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Homogenization is boring but at this point many frustrated players might find it more suitable. A viable burst heal should be considered for NB.

HoTs are nice in theory but they are not as strong as they once were on this class and will be weaker in Greymoor.

Cloak, Regen, and Swallow Soul are not enough and if you believe this you don't know the class:
    -Cloak is broken and at one of the weakest points in its history
    -Regen is great but not guaranteed on yourself (Rapid is better than Radiant for solo Magblade)
    -Swallow Soul can deliver strong heals only for those heals to be replaced by weaker heals making it terrible in design as a spammable

All of this being said as I mentioned in another post if you can't find passion in another class, find another game. There will be no addressed NB changes for at least several months (or potentially longer).
    Edited by brandonv516 on April 29, 2020 9:42PM
  • Feizao
    Feizao
    ✭✭✭
    Feizao wrote: »

Having to take risks isn't a bad thing as long the reward is there. Which it currently isn't - and that's not something that will be "fixed" by giving magblade a burst heal. At best you end up with a low risk, low reward playstyle - hardly an improvement.

which is why i prefer the old healing ward. It's strongest at low HP with risk of getting CC'd, but rewarded a burst heal if you managed to keep it up.
    Edited by Feizao on April 29, 2020 9:21PM
    PS4 NA lsoSO4P
    EP - Dark Elf - MagBlade Vamp
    EP - Nord - Stam/MagDk
    EP - Argonian - StamCro
    EP - Nord - StamPlar/Hybrid Healer
    AD - Khajit - StamBlade/Tank
    AD - Khajit - StormSorc/Hybrid WW
    DC - Breton - MagDen
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Between regen, cloak, and swallow soul, magblade healing is pretty darn good...

If you aren't going to use shadow cloak then why even play a nightblade. It's basically the only unique thing the class has left. Swallow healing is nice but not enough. And regen is barely worth mentioning. Magblade also has sustain issues unlike in the past which makes the entire class more or less unstable in a balancing sense.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few Ideas to explore:

-The new vamp skill that trade health for spell damage/weapon damage got a morph that give you back 30% of the health spent in the duration. If you can sustain the damage with hots for a long duration, this is probably the best burst healing in the game. Guaranteed to take you back to 100% hp. Works perfectly with NB hot capabilities.

-Healing staff got probably one of the best self healing skills in the game (Rapid Regeneration) so you can always use that.

-Shields are making a come back(perhaps) as size is still 50% of PVE, unlike heals which are 40$. Max magicka NB use to a thing, no reason why it shouldn't come back.

-Piercing Mark - Next patch is giving enough offensive option for magicka NB to play assassin like builds, that target squishy targets from stealth, for quick killing combos. Piercing Mark works perfectly as a heal for these kind of builds.

• Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the same as you a year ago... But with the current state of MagBlade in PvP, the fail attempt to turn the class into a brawler by removing Minor Berserk from Merciless Resolve and attached a clunky resistance/healing mechanic to the skill.

Devs should just give the class a plain and simple burst heal...

A simple burst heal on command could be huge for MagBlade survivability. And somehow maybe could cover up for all the mess the other nerfs have caused.
    Edited by Chelo on April 29, 2020 9:56PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wut? Hots don’t lead to an aggressive playstyle unless you’re dueling. It’s quite the opposite.

If you’re squishy and rely on hots it encourages kiting, class lacks enough mitigation for hots to let you brawl.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

nighblade needs a lot in general
  • MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Few Ideas to explore:

-The new vamp skill that trade health for spell damage/weapon damage got a morph that give you back 30% of the health spent in the duration. If you can sustain the damage with hots for a long duration, this is probably the best burst healing in the game. Guaranteed to take you back to 100% hp. Works perfectly with NB hot capabilities.

-Healing staff got probably one of the best self healing skills in the game (Rapid Regeneration) so you can always use that.

-Shields are making a come back(perhaps) as size is still 50% of PVE, unlike heals which are 40$. Max magicka NB use to a thing, no reason why it shouldn't come back.

-Piercing Mark - Next patch is giving enough offensive option for magicka NB to play assassin like builds, that target squishy targets from stealth, for quick killing combos. Piercing Mark works perfectly as a heal for these kind of builds.

-Sated Blood while it is a good burst heal "when it works" (As I have had it on for several mins just for it to give me a heal of 0 for some reasson) takes so long to ramp up to a decent burst heal, so it's not reliable enough to bank all your hopes on, especially when it's self damage is high enough to kill off most of your hot's in the meantime stopping you from satying alive long enough to get it ready. The only way to use it as a Magblade really is to already have it ticking while out of combat and then hope you only need a 1 and done burst heal in your fight before completely disengauging from your oponent to reset.

-Rapid Regen is what I am currently using on my Magblade and frankly is the only heal worth a damn the class has acess to since the Healing ward change. On the topic of Healing Ward with only getting 2 ticks of major vitality now instead of 3 with the change to the blackrose resto, it is barely even worth paring the two of those skills together, for the most part it's honestly better to just rapid regen and trying to recloak, I mean that's if you can considering how easy it is to be pulled out of cloak by even the gust from some bystanders fart.

-The only problem with shields is they only scale with max magicka and therefor kinda void part of the Nightblades key focus on crit and damage stats. I mean it might work sure, but honestly there are far better classes like Magden for stacking max magicka so it's frankly not really a solution as it is just a destraction.

-Piercing Mark only heals when you get a kill which makes it frankly useless as a heal for dueling and even coordinated PvP, and only really lends it's self to gank style gameplay in locations like IC.
    Edited by MotokoHutt on April 29, 2020 11:53PM
    PC EU
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve fought a magblade guild mate a lot on pts his healing is stronger than my Magdk and his dmg was higher. Adapt. With the vamp rework melee magblades are extremely strong
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Wut? Hots don’t lead to an aggressive playstyle unless you’re dueling. It’s quite the opposite.

If you’re squishy and rely on hots it encourages kiting, class lacks enough mitigation for hots to let you brawl.

HoTs increase your offensive window and let you transition between offense and defense better than a burst heal. Yea, you aren't going to facetank on a squishy build (tho magblade can be tanky if build for it, ofc not without trade-off), but that's true regardless of heals aviable. Also kiting and attacking isn't exclusive, certainly a lot more agressive than "hold block and spam burst heal" and has better synergy with a nb's overall class kit (well, what's left of it at least).

• MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    I’ve fought a magblade guild mate a lot on pts his healing is stronger than my Magdk and his dmg was higher. Adapt. With the vamp rework melee magblades are extremely strong

I mean just putting this out there, could your build just..... kinda suck? I am not saying it does, just saying honestly Magblade self healing is terrible at best and any other class can out heal it. Class based you have Swallow Soul which over the years has been repeatedly nerfed to the point it's meh at best. Then you have Dark Cloak which for starters takes away your biggest weapon as a nightblade and thats stealth, and on top of that is health scaling, requiring you have put points into HP instead of magicka just to get a decent heal.
    PC EU
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »

He is probably a better player than you, doesn't mean his class his class is equal or better than the others...
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Night blades should get a bursty heal. Not a burst heal. It needd to be tied to dark cloak. A burst heal with shadowy disguise would be to op and cheesy.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MotokoHutt wrote: »
    Few Ideas to explore:

-Sated Blood while it is a good burst heal "when it works" (As I have had it on for several mins just for it to give me a heal of 0 for some reasson) takes so long to ramp up to a decent burst heal, so it's not reliable enough to bank all your hopes on, especially when it's self damage is high enough to kill off most of your hot's in the meantime stopping you from satying alive long enough to get it ready. The only way to use it as a Magblade really is to already have it ticking while out of combat and then hope you only need a 1 and done burst heal in your fight before completely disengauging from your oponent to reset.

-Rapid Regen is what I am currently using on my Magblade and frankly is the only heal worth a damn the class has acess to since the Healing ward change. On the topic of Healing Ward with only getting 2 ticks of major vitality now instead of 3 with the change to the blackrose resto, it is barely even worth paring the two of those skills together, for the most part it's honestly better to just rapid regen and trying to recloak, I mean that's if you can considering how easy it is to be pulled out of cloak by even the gust from some bystanders fart.

-The only problem with shields is they only scale with max magicka and therefor kinda void part of the Nightblades key focus on crit and damage stats. I mean it might work sure, but honestly there are far better classes like Magden for stacking max magicka so it's frankly not really a solution as it is just a destraction.

-Piercing Mark only heals when you get a kill which makes it frankly useless as a heal for dueling and even coordinated PvP, and only really lends it's self to gank style gameplay in locations like IC.

Sure, I gave different healing ideas the different builds and scenarios.

-Sated Blood - Not sure why it didn't heal you, never happened to me so far, probably a bug. Regardless, this is not supposed to be a reliable healing skill and it is not taking a heal skill spot, but if a NB needs burst heal on top of several HOTS, this skill will perform wonderfully in o-*** situation.

-Rapid Regen - I agree with you regarding healing word +blackrose resto, doesn't worth it. Maelstroms resto staff works great for high crit setups, as you mentioned.You could Just take Blessing Of Restoration over healing word, the healing is reasonable enough.

-I don't agree that stacking max magicka does not worh on a NB. NB got probably the best flat magicka increase passive with a very easy access, it also got the shade for the necropotence set. So ya, NB is a top candidate for magicka builds together with Wardens and Sorcs. If its not the build for you, it's not the build for you, doesn't mean it is not an option.

- Piercing Mark - Yes, this for a gank style gameplay that only NB is capable of. This is a big aspect of the class identity. This kind of build can be used both in BG and cyrodii. With Stuhn's Favor Set+ stage 2 vamp, it is very easy to have a build that destroys 50% health targets or less in 2 sec from stealth(using Concealed Weapon).

-And ofc you have the health recovery builds that NB synergies well with due to the easy access 15% passive bonus. Even with the Troll Urgent nerfs, you have sets new/improved sets like Eternal Vigor & Amber Plasm . Both sets synergies perfectly with NB.

All depends on your build and what you want to achieve, magicka NB have much more options than what they are willing to admit.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    Night blades should get a bursty heal. Not a burst heal. It needd to be tied to dark cloak. A burst heal with shadowy disguise would be to op and cheesy.

If they change second morph of cloak to work like magicka vigor, it will be enough tbh. Max hp scaling is awful unless you are a tank
  • RipperoniZossoni

every other magician class has some self burst heals , let's say magsorc, surge or dark deal, such a warden has a lot of self heals , magdk also has a very powerful self heal, so why magblade can't get a nice burst self heal????
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »

I thought the same as you a year ago... But with the current state of MagBlade in PvP, the fail attempt to turn the class into a brawler by removing Minor Berserk from Merciless Resolve and attached a clunky resistance/healing mechanic to the skill.

Devs should just give the class a plain and simple burst heal...

A simple burst heal on command could be huge for MagBlade survivability. And somehow maybe could cover up for all the mess the other nerfs have caused.
    I completely agree with you if they did this 1 the burst heal should definitely brake cloak no doubt some will try to abuse this and 2 the animation could be cool like blood swirling around us or something.