• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Baraber wrote: »
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58225

https://youtu.be/HkI9UYcM_ZM

Well, it is official, we will have No Wings.
    all hope is lost.

The final Video & Showcase were just released.

We shall remain as a fake, wingless, and diminished discount version of "Vampire Lords".
    kinda takes away the hype tbh...

I don't know why but that video almost feels insulting, especially what they said about blood frenzy "Ticking all the boxes about what its like to be a vampire." No it doesn't in fact its doing the opposite. Vampire is about draining health from your foes, not draining your own health! :disappointed:
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Vevvev wrote: »

all hope is lost.

We shall remain as a fake, wingless, and diminished discount version of "Vampire Lords".

I don't know why but that video almost feels insulting, especially what they said about blood frenzy "Ticking all the boxes about what its like to be a vampire." No it doesn't in fact its doing the opposite. Vampire is about draining health from your foes, not draining your own health! :disappointed:

"me lose HP for power"

Ah yes, this skill embodies everything about a vampire!!!!!! That's why NO NPCS USE IT RIGHT?
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Noxavian wrote: »

all hope is lost.

"me lose HP for power"

Ah yes, this skill embodies everything about a vampire!!!!!! That's why NO NPCS USE IT RIGHT?

But NPCs are SPECIAL vampires! /s

Want a marshmallow for this dumpster fire now or later?
    Edited by Sephyr on May 15, 2020 9:01PM
    Options
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    I wonder if they shot the video with the patch that hits the PTS next week, because Blood Frenzy would have killed the player character before they even finished their whole first person walking cinematic towards the vampire npc in its current iteration, yet that didnt happen
    Options
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭
    Any kind of wings will do

all hope is lost.

Best part about that video? They showcase the broken Scion feed animation at 3:13. I've complained about it in the bug report thread... basically the day 6.0.0 dropped. Looks like it's a "feature" now.
    I've unearthed the Legendary Antiquity of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
    Options
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    We should have not only got the stumps, but a sleeker form like Marcus. Then we could actually believe we were perfected by having a form that didn't look like a giant bumbling mess.
    I agree. I made this picture about month ago, when PTS was launched.
    I don't really need the transformation ult, just give me skin or polymorph similar to 4th and 5th models on this picture.
    n0gO4Xd.jpg
    Edited by XomRhoK on May 16, 2020 2:29AM
    Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »
    We should have not only got the stumps, but a sleeker form like Marcus. Then we could actually believe we were perfected by having a form that didn't look like a giant bumbling mess.
    I agree. I made this picture about month ago, when PTS was launched.
    I don't really need the transformation ult, just give me skin or polymorph similar to 4th and 5th models on this picture.
    n0gO4Xd.jpg

I am still happy that we are not stuck with those dub shadow wings that look like a bad cosplay accessory... But that picture shows us the real kick in the *** about the Blood Scion. We were teased early on with the second model in that image, and then we got the first one.
    Edited by Tessitura on May 16, 2020 7:40AM
    Options
  • Al99
    Al99
    ✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    Lamae Bal:
    "Why should my children not possess such horror-wrought strength? In you, we shall see this form perfected."

By ripping off my wings...? :(
    Options
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind Blood Scions and Vampire Lord are similar, but not the same.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
    Options
  • TheSeraphim
    TheSeraphim
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    Keep in mind Blood Scions and Vampire Lord are similar, but not the same.

The quest refers to you as a Vampire Lord, Scion is just the skill name for Lamae's dumpster fire version of it.
    Options
  • Ulthlian
    Ulthlian
    ✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Second model is so cool. It was so much more satisfying to actually transform into Vampire Lord, not some poor substitute that Blood Scion is. They even sell high vampiric headdress major adornment that look identical to armor style of the second model. Maybe there could be some customization in the future, cause I want this form so badly... It perfectly fits with how my vampire looks :(
    Options
  • Al99
    Al99
    ✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    q9cnd3vt7v4d.png
    Options
  • Al99
    Al99
    ✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    Ulthlian wrote: »
    Second model is so cool. It was so much more satisfying to actually transform into Vampire Lord, not some poor substitute that Blood Scion is. They even sell high vampiric headdress major adornment that look identical to armor style of the second model. Maybe there could be some customization in the future, cause I want this form so badly... It perfectly fits with how my vampire looks :(

That adornment was the only one I really wanted cause I could at least wear the vampire lord symbol when in humanoid form.
    Options
  • Al99
    Al99
    ✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    If are going to be specific, ESO's Blood Scion was inspired by the Skyrim's Vampire Lord, which was inspired by Underworld's Marcus, which was inspired by this guy ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzyeGBdQmCM
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    On the Stream they finally answered us as to why the Blood Scion didn't get wings.

Blood Scions are not Vampire Lords ((Their words)) and a developer added the wings thinking "Hey, I wanna do this because it looks cool!" The lore people sadly had to pull this from the ability because it didn't fit the lore ((Once again their words)).

Now we know.
    Options
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    On the Stream they finally answered us as to why the Blood Scion didn't get wings.

Blood Scions are not Vampire Lords ((Their words)) and a developer added the wings thinking "Hey, I wanna do this because it looks cool!" The lore people sadly had to pull this from the ability because it didn't fit the lore ((Once again their words)).

Now we know.

That method of thinking given the fact that we are literally Vampire lords with clipped wings at this point is quite hilarious. But ill take a bad excuse over complete silence!
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Same, wish they had a better reason but at least they gave us one.
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Seconded. I mean while I'm rather 'eh' with the answer--it's better than this cold shoulder we're getting.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paradisius wrote: »

Now we know.

That method of thinking given the fact that we are literally Vampire lords with clipped wings at this point is quite hilarious. But ill take a bad excuse over complete silence!

So if we project this on game performance, they may something like:
    We didn't want to make MMORPG, we wanted to work on Skyrim... but WoW success forced us to start developing one. So to mock WoW's good performance and stability, we decided to make game with unstable performance?
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on May 23, 2020 12:21AM
    Options
  • Ozymandias_13
    Ozymandias_13
    ✭✭✭
    Any kind of wings will do
    I honestly don't care about the wings one way or the other. If any visual improvements to are be made it should be to the abilities.

More importantly though, the ability rework... needs a rework.
    Options
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps

So if we project this on game performance, they may something like:
    We didn't want to make MMORPG, we wanted to work on Skyrim... but WoW success forced us to start developing one. So to mock WoW's good performance and stability, we decided to make game with unstable performance?

It would still be better than silence, because silence is unpredictable! At least if they made a statement thats similar to what you proposed, we would know why its poor, and can either stay or leave based on that.

Silence leaves alot of "What ifs", a transparent reason as to why doesnt do that, its straightforward and we can adjust accordingly.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps

Now we know.

Ah, yes. The lore people.
    The lore people who claim Altmer are an "efficient" race and therefore have stamina racials. Even though they've always been heavily magicka-specialized and even Alinor NPCs tell you how Altmer work on something until it's perfected, the definition of effectiveness.
    Those lore people come up with a blood scion which looks just like a vampire lord, if uglier. But the wings, THAT cannot be! Feet, legs, claws, horns, even armor and face can look similar, but with wings, Patrick Stewart comes in and tells us the line has to be drawn here!
    Riiight...
    Edited by Lord-Otto on May 23, 2020 5:31AM
    Options
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    You wanna know what i think is the REAL reason the scion doesn't have wings?
    It's just plain laziness, and i'll explain: if you are going to use a shield for example, how will you sheath it? It will clip through the wings. How will you animate the wings when you are roll-dodging? Basically it's a lot of work to insert wings into the equation, so what is the easiest solution? To claim that you are not a vampire lord "lore-wise" Easy peasy.
    The NPC vampire lords don't use weapons and they don't roll-dodge, so the animation is pretty simple.

The real reason was to avoid the process of adapting vampire lord to a player model, so they just went half-way.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

The lore people who claim Altmer are an "efficient" race and therefore have stamina racials. Even though they've always been heavily magicka-specialized and even Alinor NPCs tell you how Altmer work on something until it's perfected, the definition of effectiveness.
    Those lore people come up with a blood scion which looks just like a vampire lord, if uglier. But the wings, THAT cannot be! Feet, legs, claws, horns, even armor and face can look similar, but with wings, Patrick Stewart comes in and tells us the line has to be drawn here!
    Riiight...

And the same lore team that signed off on this terrible implementation of vampires of draining your own life instead of your enemy's life. People on my Discord are already making plenty of jokes about how this has gone down. My favorite one is this.

Players: ZOS can we have Vampire Lords?

ZOS: We have Vampire Lords at home.

The Vampire Lords at home:
    49805149353_594402da19_c.png
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Riiight...

And the same lore team that signed off on this terrible implementation of vampires of draining your own life instead of your enemy's life. People on my Discord are already making plenty of jokes about how this has gone down. My favorite one is this.

Honestly, I'd be happy if they fixed the loincloth to be a bit longer, thinner, and tapered down properly. There's so much wrong with the form that it makes the mesher in me cringe.
    Options
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    Sephyr wrote: »

Honestly, I'd be happy if they fixed the loincloth to be a bit longer, thinner, and tapered down properly. There's so much wrong with the form that it makes the mesher in me cringe.

No, no, no! These here are the Wingless American Vampire! Take note of the Chicken Legs and the Dorito Ratio Upper Body.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Radiance wrote: »
    Sephyr wrote: »

No, no, no! These here are the Wingless American Vampire! Take note of the Chicken Legs and the Dorito Ratio Upper Body.

The Colonel being Lamae's spouse confirmed.
    Options
  • Skykaiser_Ọlọrun

Seriously, chopping parts off the VL's model until it looks, "different" is not a proper substitute for a truly unique form.

If they wanted the Blood Scion to be different, fair enough. But at least take the time to actually make the Blood Scion it's own thing. Like, you wouldn't just enlarge a Cliff Racer's model and try to pass it off a dragon because, "See, it's bigger. So it's totally different".

At best, it makes the Blood Scion feel like an afterthought. When people first saw it, how often did we hear people claim that the wings probably just weren't finished/working properly in time for the PTS? People's first thought upon seeing the form was that it was unfinished...not unique.

Edited by Skykaiser_Ọlọrun on May 24, 2020 3:48AM
    Options
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings

Seriously, chopping parts off the VL's model until it looks, "different" is not a proper substitute for a truly unique form.

If they wanted the Blood Scion to be different, fair enough. But at least take the time to actually make the Blood Scion it's own thing. Like, you wouldn't just enlarge a Cliff Racer's model and try to pass it off a dragon because, "See, it's bigger. So it's totally different".

At best, it makes the Blood Scion feel like an afterthought. When people first saw it, how often did we hear people claim that the wings probably just weren't finished/working properly in time for the PTS? People's first thought upon seeing the form was that it was unfinished...not unique.

This. If they didn't want the blood scion to be a vampire lord, they shouldn't have made it look so much like one. Making it uglier and chopping off the wings just makes it look like a crappy bootleg version.
    Options