Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Swarming Scion's (Vampire Ultimate) Wings

• Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    Lole wrote: »
    Baraber wrote: »
    We are not Vampire Lords, why would we have wings?

In my experience, not just with Elder Scrolls games but with Most sources and other fantasy depictions: "Vampire Monstrosities" are usually depicted with some sort of "Bat-like" wings or stumps.

Underworld disagrees, if I remember correctly most of the elders and vamplords had no wings when they transformed :)

Also when I picture a vampire in my head I don’t see any wings at all, at maximum some kind of transformation into bats

Marcus Corvinus Is depicted with Wing stumps at first (sharp ones), and then goes to grow full Wings!

nykkkb5gl4o0.jpg

In my humble opinion it is the perfect look for both morphs, Stumps for Perfect Scion, Wings for Swarming Scion.

He is still a hybrid and not a vampirelord

True, but then again, lets not go on the path of "proving something based on some sources".
    there is no "right" or "wrong", it's just a question of personal taste and anesthetics, the only reason i started this thread is to have people vote on it to see what most people want, in previous iterations of the ultimate the form had wings, but some vocal people didn't like it, so the devs removed it, i'm only here to try and show that it is NOT the majority opinion, so far i think it shows i'm kinda right.
    Options
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    No Wings

In my experience, not just with Elder Scrolls games but with Most sources and other fantasy depictions: "Vampire Monstrosities" are usually depicted with some sort of "Bat-like" wings or stumps.

Underworld disagrees, if I remember correctly most of the elders and vamplords had no wings when they transformed :)

Also when I picture a vampire in my head I don’t see any wings at all, at maximum some kind of transformation into bats

Marcus Corvinus Is depicted with Wing stumps at first (sharp ones), and then goes to grow full Wings!

nykkkb5gl4o0.jpg

In my humble opinion it is the perfect look for both morphs, Stumps for Perfect Scion, Wings for Swarming Scion.

True, but then again, lets not go on the path of "proving something based on some sources".
    there is no "right" or "wrong", it's just a question of personal taste and anesthetics, the only reason i started this thread is to have people vote on it to see what most people want, in previous iterations of the ultimate the form had wings, but some vocal people didn't like it, so the devs removed it, i'm only here to try and show that it is NOT the majority opinion, so far i think it shows i'm kinda right.

You are totally right ofc :) this stuff comes to taste only, just went on the Marcus train cuz people mentioned him as an example, while he can’t really be taken as an example :)

Anyways I am curious how your voting goes, in the end I would also be fine with with or without wings
    Just think it would fit more without but that’s just an opinion
    Options
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any kind of wings will do
    Let's just give one morph wings and another none. Errybody happy.
    Options
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a friendly reminder that comments need to adhere to our Forum Rules. Please note that derailing a thread with baiting comments will result in the thread being closed.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    RedReign wrote: »
    Let's just give one morph wings and another none. Errybody happy.

this what im saying
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps

nykkkb5gl4o0.jpg

It does. Not. Matter. This is STILL where the inspiration for the vampire lord in Skyrim came from. It doesn't matter the technical reasons that "well marcus isnt a vampire lord", it is STILL where the inspiration was taken *visually* and *thematically*

I will agree that Marcus isn't a vampire lord, he is a hybrid, but to deny the obvious inspiration that was taken from his design is odd. And furthermore, using Underworld as an argument point is also quite odd due to this since it is technically where the idea *for* the looks of the vampire lord came from.
    Edited by Noxavian on April 23, 2020 1:22AM
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No Wings
    Noxavian wrote: »

nykkkb5gl4o0.jpg

It does. Not. Matter. This is STILL where the inspiration for the vampire lord in Skyrim came from. It doesn't matter the technical reasons that "well marcus isnt a vampire lord", it is STILL where the inspiration was taken *visually* and *thematically*

I will agree that Marcus isn't a vampire lord, he is a hybrid, but to deny the obvious inspiration that was taken from his design is odd. And furthermore, using Underworld as an argument point is also quite odd due to this since it is technically where the idea *for* the looks of the vampire lord came from.

IMO the inspiration looks more like it came from Dracula 1992, that things actually has the same features as a Vampire Lord.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps

nykkkb5gl4o0.jpg

IMO the inspiration looks more like it came from Dracula 1992, that things actually has the same features as a Vampire Lord.

But so does the one from Underworld. I can agree with face of the 1992 looks more like a vampire lord, but the body/clothing/wings all look like the one from Underworld.

I think it might be possible that both were used as inspiration in someway?
    Options
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    I heard a guy say the devs mentioned somewhere that the swarming scion visual form is not final, if this is true, can someone link/verify the source please?

Hope it means there's a chance it'll get Wings B)
    Options
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    I was all for somewhat improving the "shadow wings" of the pre-PTS vampire ultimate's bat morph, but removing the wings completely? for me it kinda takes away from the fantasy of being a vampire lord, so what do you guys think?
    Shadow wings? (like pre-PTS)
    Bat-like wings? (similar to DK, gargoyle, or pre-PTS wings but without opacity)
    Wing stumps? (like regular Vampire Lords?)
    or No wings at all?

pfxqzk5paiyc.jpg

clearly the overwhelming majority wants wings - hope TESO delivers
    bc to be completely honest, the playable Vampire is probably the biggest let down in the Vampire-themed year
    Options
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings

nykkkb5gl4o0.jpg

its not the same world - he was just taken for inspiration
    Options
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings

you need to watch 2004's Van helsing
    Options
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    I can be mistaken, but as far as I saw (in translation) in the updated Lamy Bal's quest we are called the Vampire Lord. I think the wings should be, better stump-wings. Vampire should not be a nice looking baby. This is a terrible bloodthirsty (usually) monster of the night. They should be as ugly as possible.

Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    This_0ne wrote: »
    I can be mistaken, but as far as I saw (in translation) in the updated Lamy Bal's quest we are called the Vampire Lord. I think the wings should be, better stump-wings. Vampire should not be a nice looking baby. This is a terrible bloodthirsty (usually) monster of the night. They should be as ugly as possible.

You are correct! We are called vampire lord. Thus confirming the transformation is indeed a vampire lord
    Options
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    6.0.1 and no word about vamp lord ultimate visual changes. But I guess it's still too early at this point of the PTS cycle anyway.

I'm just happy that now the majority opinion is well known.

All is left to do now is hope :)
    Options
  • RGvolterra
    RGvolterra
    ✭✭✭
    Wheres the vampire bat like wings ? That's so appalling the way they ESO related depart. decide on things related to how the players ( customers ) would like to have things..... before PTS came live , one of the vampire transformation was amazing... it reminded of the vampire transformation of Marcus Corvinus ( UNDERWORLD FRANCHISE ) ... now what's left is just a disgusting and boring vampire transformation.
    Options
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    Well we are closing in on the final PTS cycle.
    So all hope of vampire lord having wings is lost i'm afraid, R.I.P...
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    RGvolterra wrote: »
    Wheres the vampire bat like wings ? That's so appalling the way they ESO related depart. decide on things related to how the players ( customers ) would like to have things..... before PTS came live , one of the vampire transformation was amazing... it reminded of the vampire transformation of Marcus Corvinus ( UNDERWORLD FRANCHISE ) ... now what's left is just a disgusting and boring vampire transformation.

Can agree. What is even more bizarre is they'd rather NOT use a version of the cool vampire lord model we already have in the game....
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps

Can agree. What is even more bizarre is they'd rather NOT use a version of the cool vampire lord model we already have in the game....

I think its because back when it was announced we'd get a Lord style transformation people like me wanted it to look different from the Vampire Lord form. Different bloodlines and all that stuff and it would make no sense for Lamae and her brood to turn into basically Molag bol.

Had I know such complaints would have led to a removal of wings from the model ((Which makes it look even more like Molag Bol than the winged version)) I would have kept my mouth shut.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    I'd say people should invade the stream tomorrow and ask for an answer.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    RGvolterra wrote: »

Tell them. There's ESO Live tomorrow, politely voice your concerns there.
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was all for somewhat improving the "shadow wings" of the pre-PTS vampire ultimate's bat morph, but removing the wings completely? for me it kinda takes away from the fantasy of being a vampire lord, so what do you guys think?
    or No wings at all?

pfxqzk5paiyc.jpg

I like the wings too. But I can see why they removed them because they probably become a visual obstruction to the actual game play, and that's the last thing this game needs more of.

Cool looking effects should always take a back seat to the quality of game play in my opinion.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Jeremy wrote: »
    or No wings at all?

pfxqzk5paiyc.jpg

I like the wings too. But I can see why they removed them because they probably become a visual obstruction to the actual game play, and that's the last thing this game needs more of.

Cool looking effects should always take a back seat to the quality of game play in my opinion.

Do explain how paper thin wings obstruct a 3rd person view.

Genuinely want to know how the wing stumps would affect gameplay considering how thin they are. There is nothing there to block your view...
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    The wings didn't obstruct your view in Skyrim and you were forced into third person in Vampire Lord form.If you zoom out a bit the camera is behind and above your character in ESO.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    I feel like if the devs are going as far as they are with making Scion look like a VL, they should give it wings. Im quite confused at their goal with this to be completely honest. If they wanted to not have it be compared to VL, they should not have done a transform ultimate. It should have been a sort of extreme Blood Magic. If they wanted it to be a VL successor, then it fails because it isnt nearly as interesting of a form when compared to the VL. Since this is what we got, I say make them more like VLs and at least appeal to the audience that wants VL.

(Aside): I feel alot of sympathy for the people who dont go on forums or PTS, just see the trailer that shows a VL, see the promo art of the big bad VL, hearing on stream that the new ultimate is basically a VL, and then using it on the live servers and its what we have in 6.0.3. Its not a bad look overall, but very misleading to the hype ZOS themselves brought on
    Options
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭
    Any kind of wings will do
    I'll echo the confusion argument many have expressed. Scion doesn't look different enough to avoid the comparisons to VL, and yet there are enough differences there to make it more lame than VL itself.
    I think Scion form just looks weird without the wings; makes it look like a gremlin on steroids. I originally voted "any wings", but I think I actually prefer the stumps - shadow wings look out of place, and full wings might be too obstructive for comfort (and will probably spawn a wave of "why can't I fly in VL form" threads once the update drops).
    I'll try to make it to the stream - it'll be an early morning for me, but I'll do my best.
    Edited by Spectral_Force on May 15, 2020 3:09AM
    I've unearthed the Legendary Antiquity of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Paradisius wrote: »
    I feel like if the devs are going as far as they are with making Scion look like a VL, they should give it wings. Im quite confused at their goal with this to be completely honest. If they wanted to not have it be compared to VL, they should not have done a transform ultimate. It should have been a sort of extreme Blood Magic. If they wanted it to be a VL successor, then it fails because it isnt nearly as interesting of a form when compared to the VL. Since this is what we got, I say make them more like VLs and at least appeal to the audience that wants VL.

(Aside): I feel alot of sympathy for the people who dont go on forums or PTS, just see the trailer that shows a VL, see the promo art of the big bad VL, hearing on stream that the new ultimate is basically a VL, and then using it on the live servers and its what we have in 6.0.3. Its not a bad look overall, but very misleading to the hype ZOS themselves brought on

You forget, ZOS are the masters of setting expectations that aren't met.

Go look at the Necromancer class trailer where they show off a ton of undead swarming everywhere. Meanwhile in game, you cant even summon a zombie or skeleton let alone the mobs in the trailer.

They literally are the BEST at figuring "Hey, we got this cool thing a lot of people want. But what if we did something different to be quirky and unique haha?" Am still salty we can't summon a melee zombie or skeleton as a *** necromancer....

I just don't understand why they can't even make a form that is AS COOL visually and gameplay wise as what **literally** exists within the game. Heck, at this point I just want WINGS man. THATS ALL I WANT.

THEYRE ALREADY THERE.

WHY

IS
    IT
    SO
    HARD

@ZOS_GinaBruno please hear our cries for a better looking form.
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Paradisius wrote: »

You forget, ZOS are the masters of setting expectations that aren't met.

Go look at the Necromancer class trailer where they show off a ton of undead swarming everywhere. Meanwhile in game, you cant even summon a zombie or skeleton let alone the mobs in the trailer.

They literally are the BEST at figuring "Hey, we got this cool thing a lot of people want. But what if we did something different to be quirky and unique haha?" Am still salty we can't summon a melee zombie or skeleton as a *** necromancer....

I just don't understand why they can't even make a form that is AS COOL visually and gameplay wise as what **literally** exists within the game. Heck, at this point I just want WINGS man. THATS ALL I WANT.

THEYRE ALREADY THERE.

WHY

IS
    IT
    SO
    HARD

@ZOS_GinaBruno please hear our cries for a better looking form.

At this rate, they're going to have to change the title of the game called The Elder Disappointments Online.
    Options
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    We should have not only got the stumps, but a sleeker form like Marcus. Then we could actually believe we were perfected by having a form that didn't look like a giant bumbling mess.
    Options
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58225

https://youtu.be/HkI9UYcM_ZM

Well, it is official, we will have No Wings.
    all hope is lost.

The final Video & Showcase were just released.

We shall remain as a fake, wingless, and diminished discount version of "Vampire Lords".
    kinda takes away the hype tbh...
    Options