Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Swarming Scion's (Vampire Ultimate) Wings

Baraber
Baraber
✭✭✭
I was all for somewhat improving the "shadow wings" of the pre-PTS vampire ultimate's bat morph, but removing the wings completely? for me it kinda takes away from the fantasy of being a vampire lord, so what do you guys think?
Shadow wings? (like pre-PTS)
Bat-like wings? (similar to DK, gargoyle, or pre-PTS wings but without opacity)
Wing stumps? (like regular Vampire Lords?)
or No wings at all?

pfxqzk5paiyc.jpg

Swarming Scion's (Vampire Ultimate) Wings 134 votes

Bat-Like Wings
24%
faroraeSimen.askeland89b16_ESONebthet78RadianceZealandTanis-StormbinderErelahBashevDjennkuThevampirenightLokrynWoefulninja4444esp1992AliyavanaYlikollikasBananaCameron991Baharoth77SpearpointJierdanit 33 votes
Shadow Wings
15%
Kadoozyluen79rwb17_ESOLinearParadoxkojouVoidCommanderGravewalker21Anti_VirusRunefangCerboltPrincess_of_DarknessxAlucardx92ArbitDosuulKeiRaikonRaptorRodeoGodGiljabrarBloodLegionsnesakinterVaalquarMoose_Scout 21 votes
Wing Stumps
35%
navystylz_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESO1337VV4ff135skypantherb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOFaulgorStravokovElvenheartVevvevVaohLord-OttoVercingetorixHu-RikanElusiinPl24RatzkifalmeekmikoboggoTyrobaglogarifmik 48 votes
Any kind of wings will do
11%
Gadamlub14_ESOkalunteOzymandias_13FeizaoAedarylAlucufierackasTheKingofSassAnanorielNairinhenoblecronsoulferinRedReignRavemasterCrowSpectral_Force 15 votes
No Wings
10%
RykothShadowHvostevenyaub16_ESOTX12001rwb17_ESOSahidomOmniDoKr3doNyladreasbrennzFur_like_snowRaisinMaxJrFTWGreystagLole 14 votes
Other (Specify)
2%
ColoniaCroisantThannazzarHelixUnited 3 votes
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No Wings
    We are not Vampire Lords, why would we have wings?
    Options
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings

In my experience, not just with Elder Scrolls games but with Most sources and other fantasy depictions: "Vampire Monstrosities" are usually depicted with some sort of "Bat-like" wings or stumps.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps

Why do only vampire lords have wings? Do you have an official source stating that vampire lords are the only vampire transformation with wings?

No? Alright then, so Blood Scions can have wings.

There is literally nothing saying they can't.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Baraber wrote: »
    I was all for somewhat improving the "shadow wings" of the pre-PTS vampire ultimate's bat morph, but removing the wings completely? for me it kinda takes away from the fantasy of being a vampire lord, so what do you guys think?
    Shadow wings? (like pre-PTS)
    Bat-like wings? (similar to DK, gargoyle, or pre-PTS wings but without opacity)
    Wing stumps? (like regular Vampire Lords?)
    or No wings at all?

pfxqzk5paiyc.jpg

Literally any wings would be fine.

Honestly, I'd almost be down for the shadow-y ones. I just think the morph should change the appearance in someway.
    Options
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    Please guys keep it civilized :D
    I put up this poll to get the majority opinion, may the best vamp win!
    Hope ZOS will take it into consideration.
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need our wings
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Without wings, we're just weaker Werewolves with mange.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    This vote supported by KFC.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Without wings, we're just weaker Werewolves with mange.

More like a falmer without the helmet. Can fit right in with the theme of us being in blackreach.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps

So far to know one's surprise it looks like most people want wings. 😎
    Options
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings
    Noxavian wrote: »

So far to know one's surprise it looks like most people want wings. 😎

Yup, as suspected, now all is left is to wait until the numbers pile up before tagging the devs :D
    We shall have wings!
    Options
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow Wings
    ANYTHING BUT WING STUMPS. PLEASE. Always thought that was the dumbest, ugliest [snip] on Vamp Lord.

Whatever you do decide on, remember that ESO is largely played in 3rd person OTS (Over-The-Shoulder) and visibility is key.

Shadow would look cool and be a good compromise for the above, as it could be transparent so as to interfere with the visual space less.

[Minor Edit for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on May 22, 2020 10:22PM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    ANYTHING BUT WING STUMPS. PLEASE. Always thought that was the dumbest, ugliest [snip] on Vamp Lord.

Whatever you do decide on, remember that ESO is largely played in 3rd person OTS (Over-The-Shoulder) and visibility is key.

Shadow would look cool and be a good compromise for the above, as it could be transparent so as to interfere with the visual space less.

do tell me how thin stump wings would interfere with visuals. They're thin. Shadow wings would actually crowd the screen more even if they're see-through since they'd be over all bigger, bulkier, and in the way.

Also Im not against shadow wings, but they better have physics to them instead of looking like cardboard strapped onto your back.
    Options
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings

Better stump wings than no wings at all!
    Options
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any kind of wings will do
    Without wings the Scion looks less like a vampire and more Daedric.
    Options
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No Wings
    I'm a fan of it being different from vampire lord. If we have to have them, I'd vote for the stumps.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Raisin wrote: »
    I'm a fan of it being different from vampire lord. If we have to have them, I'd vote for the stumps.

But the transformation LITERALLY looks like a vampire lord, but without wings. How is that different from a vampire lord? At that point you're not doing something different, you're doing half of what already exists. Just because it doesn't have wings doesn't mean it isn't meant to look and be like a vampire lord.

Also most people just want the option to have wings on the Swarming Scion morph. If you still don't want wings, there's a morph for that.

Can agree with the stump wings tho
    Options
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    No Wings

In my experience, not just with Elder Scrolls games but with Most sources and other fantasy depictions: "Vampire Monstrosities" are usually depicted with some sort of "Bat-like" wings or stumps.

Underworld disagrees, if I remember correctly most of the elders and vamplords had no wings when they transformed :)

Also when I picture a vampire in my head I don’t see any wings at all, at maximum some kind of transformation into bats

Edited by Lole on April 22, 2020 8:27PM
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Lole wrote: »

Underworld disagrees, if I remember correctly most of the elders and vamplords had no wings when they transformed :)

Imagine using Underworld as an argument against wings. You *do* realize that is where the Vampire Lord in Skyrim came from, right?

The second movie with Marcus Corvinus. His transformation is literally the vampire lord we all know and love and is what inspired Skyrim's vampire lord.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Options
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    Bring back the wing stumps. I'd much rather have wing stumps than big flat cardboard wings that were on their back before.
    Options
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    No Wings

Imagine using Underworld as an argument against wings. You *do* realize that is where the Vampire Lord in Skyrim came from, right?

The second movie with Marcus Corvinus. His transformation is literally the vampire lord we all know and love and is what inspired Skyrim's vampire lord.

Marcus is a Hybrid and not a vamplord...
    I mean I would need to rewatch all the movies now but I think he was the only elder that actually had wings when he transformed and the others had not
    Edited by Lole on April 22, 2020 8:40PM
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps

I mean I would need to rewatch all the movies now but I think he was the only elder that actually had wings when he transformed and the others had not

Does not matter if Marcus is a hyrbrid or not. Compare the forms. The literal inspiration for the vampire lord came from Marcus. They look literally like each other and even have similar clothing. I didn't say marcus was a vampire lord, my entire argument is that he is where the vampire-lord concept for Skyrim originated or at least took inspiration from. The appearance is there, and he is a vampire, doesn't really matter if he's a hybrid or not.
    Options
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    No Wings
    RedReign wrote: »

But the transformation LITERALLY looks like a vampire lord, but without wings. How is that different from a vampire lord? At that point you're not doing something different, you're doing half of what already exists. Just because it doesn't have wings doesn't mean it isn't meant to look and be like a vampire lord.

Also most people just want the option to have wings on the Swarming Scion morph. If you still don't want wings, there's a morph for that.

Maybe spend some time contemplating why my personal preference makes you so mad.
    I like and prefer the difference. Get over it, move on.

Because this is the internet and all difference of opinion must be settled with condescending insults.

I didn't insult him, just said he was wrong with the Underworld thing.

Also ironically he condescendingly insulted me in his response, not the other way around.

I was not wrong.

Does not matter if Marcus is a hyrbrid or not. Compare the forms. The literal inspiration for the vampire lord came from Marcus. They look literally like each other and even have similar clothing. I didn't say marcus was a vampire lord, my entire argument is that he is where the vampire-lord concept for Skyrim originated or at least took inspiration from. The appearance is there, and he is a vampire, doesn't really matter if he's a hybrid or not.

Pls read what I answered too and why I mentioned underworld... that person said that in most fantasy thingys vamplords have wings and I said no not in underworld and underworld might be the most popular one even.
    Bringing up a hybrid from underworld and saying that they copied his looks might be true but he is still not a vamplord... he is a hybrid and that’s why he transformed that extreme while the others did not.
    If we would take the elders that transformed then you see they look pretty equal to our current vamplord ingame aka no wings

Maybe they copied that too now who knows 🥺

In the end something like This comes to preference and I like them more without wings
    Edited by Lole on April 22, 2020 9:18PM
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps

Maybe spend some time contemplating why my personal preference makes you so mad.

Because this is the internet and all difference of opinion must be settled with condescending insults.

Also ironically he condescendingly insulted me in his response, not the other way around.

I was not wrong.

Still pretty wrong, yeah. How ironic you use the movie where the inspiration for the vampire-lord transformation came from as a reason against a vampire-lord looking transformation. Kinda mind boggling.
    Options
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    No Wings

I was not wrong.

Still pretty wrong, yeah. How ironic you use the movie where the inspiration for the vampire-lord transformation came from as a reason against a vampire-lord looking transformation. Kinda mind boggling.

Read all or nothing.
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps
    [Removed quote]

Oh *** you're the guy that said
    ?

Honestly that's my bad, I'm not insane, it was just a misunderstanding my man, it happens.

Thought you were one of the ones that was advocating against the addition of wings at all.

I do sincerely apologize, totally my mistake and a misunderstanding on my part.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 23, 2020 1:02AM
    Options
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No Wings

[Removed quotes]

?

Honestly that's my bad, I'm not insane, it was just a misunderstanding my man, it happens.

Thought you were one of the ones that was advocating against the addition of wings at all.

I mean, it's the post you quoted. Good on you admitting your mistake.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 23, 2020 1:08AM
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing Stumps

[Removed quotes]

?

I mean, it's the post you quoted. Good on you admitting your mistake.

Yeah it's wack, because I remember thinking back when I read that quote I was like "yeah I can get where he's coming from and I can agree because stump wings"

Genuinely have no idea how I misunderstood this entire thing that badly tbh.

Sometimes you can just get caught up in an argument/discussion regardless of context and lose track of things.

And I'm really passionate about how this form looks in this game because I've been waiting for it for years, so sometimes that clouds my judgement. I should of looked back and corrected myself on your initial post.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 23, 2020 1:08AM
    Options
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Bat-Like Wings

Also when I picture a vampire in my head I don’t see any wings at all, at maximum some kind of transformation into bats

Marcus Corvinus Is depicted with Wing stumps at first (sharp ones), and then goes to grow full Wings!

nykkkb5gl4o0.jpg

In my humble opinion it is the perfect look for both morphs, Stumps for Perfect Scion, Wings for Swarming Scion.

Options
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    No Wings

Marcus Corvinus Is depicted with Wing stumps at first (sharp ones), and then goes to grow full Wings!

nykkkb5gl4o0.jpg

In my humble opinion it is the perfect look for both morphs, Stumps for Perfect Scion, Wings for Swarming Scion.

He is still a hybrid and not a vampirelord
    Options