The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorc pets in banks

merevie
merevie
✭✭✭✭✭
With the influx of new players this problem has gone from being a minor annoyance to an actual barrier. There are so many of them we have to jostle for position to access the banker making it even worse as the sorc pets move with the noobs.
In next patch, please include an auto dismiss for sorc pets in banks.
It will prevent your newest community members being screamed at.
Edited by merevie on April 6, 2020 9:11PM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No mention of the bear?
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Should make them criminal acts, don't think walking into a bank with a wild animal should be legal nor should the summoning of Daedric entities.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    No mention of the bear?

Almost every day, I've had one of those blocking a box at the writ depot. It's irksome beyond belief.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should make them criminal acts, don't think walking into a bank with a wild animal should be legal nor should the summoning of Daedric entities.

I completely agree with this! The guards and citizens wouldn’t turn a blind eye to someone walking though town with summoned daedra!

And to the OPs point, many times I have walked into a bank and immediately seen 4 flappy birds, and I’ve turned around and noped myself right back out. Not gonna deal with that crap.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nah. Pointless and a waste to provide generic blanket comment like that, comes off really as "Mook evrytink i hutz illeegelz lulz!"

I would say, make all the certain key sub regions / zones / buildings, i.e: Crafting Stations / Writ-Bounty Boards / Banks / Wayshrines inside towns should have an automatic dismiss feature of all mounts, combat pets and non-combative pets once within X meters / entering into said area. And automatic Resummon after being x meters away / exiting building and being x meters away from entryway. While including that these areas as well including wayshrines inside towns be dual free zones where it is grayed out and / automatic declined

Wild versus Tamed versus Domesticated.
    Also, wasn't Deadric summoning not really frowned upon until the 3rd era?

Edited by StormeReigns on April 7, 2020 1:27AM
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it’s worth my own bear gets in my way all the damn time. So if you see me hopping around a backpack, chest, node or bank that’s why.

I don’t have any of the cosmetic pets active though. Trying to help out where I can because I’m already inconvenienceing the hell out of everyone with my bear already. I also try to steer it out of the way when possible to not block everyone else.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    b8f7e2d5e3eba826a661fb54eb48f293.png
    Edited by Universe on April 7, 2020 1:53AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who isn't using the bank assistant should be opting for the Vivec open bank.... Not to mention that the Vivec crafting area is primo, as a tight circle around said bank....
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say, make all the certain key sub regions / zones / buildings, i.e: Crafting Stations / Writ-Bounty Boards / Banks / Wayshrines inside towns should have an automatic dismiss feature of all mounts, combat pets and non-combative pets once within X meters / entering into said area. And automatic Resummon after being x meters away / exiting building and being x meters away from entryway. While including that these areas as well including wayshrines inside towns be dual free zones where it is grayed out and / automatic declined

Wild versus Tamed versus Domesticated.
    Also, wasn't Deadric summoning not really frowned upon until the 3rd era?

I still don't think this is a huge issue. I've always been able to work around the summoned pets but I DID in this anniversary event block myself from being able to interact with a quest giver by accidentally placing the cake too close to them. I actually thought to myself "this is what people must be experience with the bears..."

At this point there seems to be such angst that I'd be supportive of this idea as long as it DEFINITELY includes a re-summon, and I wouldn't include mounts in this. Most indoor places don't let you mount, anyway, but I will be swearing like a pirate if I get dismounted veering too close to specific wayshrines. :wink:
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it’s worth my own bear gets in my way all the damn time. So if you see me hopping around a backpack, chest, node or bank that’s why.

I don’t have any of the cosmetic pets active though. Trying to help out where I can because I’m already inconvenienceing the hell out of everyone with my bear already. I also try to steer it out of the way when possible to not block everyone else.

Serious question. Then why don't you dismiss it? While I'm not perfect at it I dismiss my Sorc pets any time I arrive at a town wayshrine or before I enter the gates. While the other players also benefit from it I can't stand flappy things in my line of vision when I'm not in combat.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol *since they did not add that option back yet.

Do your writs at the guildhall, so much faster and banking too.

For the guild store Craglorn is great !! You can just walk behind the counter and be done with it....Easy peasy lemon squeezy :)

*without adding more bugs to the game
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the guild store Craglorn is great !! You can just walk behind the counter and be done with it....Easy peasy lemon squeezy :)

How exactly are you turning your writs in at the guild hall? Enlighten me.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Anyone who isn't using the bank assistant should be opting for the Vivec open bank.... Not to mention that the Vivec crafting area is primo, as a tight circle around said bank....

I prefer Velyn Harbor's bank.
    I do all my crafting writs there, everything is close together and there is a better performance because it is less populated unlike major cities.
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Drives me nuts. And I LOVE when someone has their bear completely COVERING the writ turn in boxes. I have a sorcerer and warden. My sorcerer stays stamina because I can't stand the flappy always in my way. My bear when I have him goes away in towns. Should have it set up that if your pet comes within 2 meters of a crafting tool/box or bank your character dies. Straight to nearest wayshrine and all gear damaged/broken. Bet people would think about it THEN, would stop trolls, and on boring days I could get some popcorn and watch noob pet classes go "craft" for a bit.
  • ADespy
    ADespy
    ✭✭

Since I noticed the problem because I was told in chat that it inconveniences others, I simply unsummon my bear when I am in towns. Takes 2 seconds and the bear also appreciates a little break. :)
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i summon mine just when i think I will need them - and once I'm done questing or roaming around in yet uncharted territory, I unsummon them. I don't like the feeling of being dependent on them, but I use their support if I'm uncertain of winning a fight.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not just banking, craft stations and certain quest givers as well. Those pets just block way too much
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello! We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our community rules on Baiting.

It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a simple and tiny add-on called Pet Dismiss, bind to a key and, voila!, no pets.

I use it all the time. Feel free to gently point this out in chat at every conceivable occasion.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    There's a simple and tiny add-on called Pet Dismiss, bind to a key and, voila!, no pets.

I use it all the time. Feel free to gently point this out in chat at every conceivable occasion.

Console players also have the same and similar complaints of multiple pets blocking multiple things as well. What do you suggest for them?
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Console players also have the same and similar complaints of multiple pets blocking multiple things as well. What do you suggest for them?

Well I used to dismiss my pets in town before I discovered Pet Dismiss. So it can be done.

It's one of those things that really should be built in to the interface.

I regret that it may be more difficult for console players but I don't have the knowledge to help there.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, some people are so inconwankersiderate. Turn them off when you’re not in combat. Mine annoy me far more than I imagine they annoy others.
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    my problem is all the people during events that decide that the tent or quest giver is the best place to go afk and half of them seem to be sorc with pet out.

sometimes i wonder about people
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dismiss my pets when I get into town (or as soon as I remember!) but I'd love it if they were automatically dismissed in busy areas like around the bank and writ turn-in locations, similar to the way you're automatically dismounted in certain areas.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sees Z by thread: oh, maybe zos has actually commented on a problem with their game.

Nope. Just a mod post about deleting stuff.

These really need to be marked differently than actual dev comments imo.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Frilleon
    Frilleon
    ✭✭✭

I agree with this, if a necro can’t summon the spirit mender without gaining a bounty then how is it that sorcs can walk around with daedra familiars during a war with daedra?
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frilleon wrote: »

I agree with this, if a necro can’t summon the spirit mender without gaining a bounty then how is it that sorcs can walk around with daedra familiars during a war with daedra?

There is a difference between Conjuration and Necromancy.
    One is summoning the Daedra, the other is raising the dead.
    I presume the authorities in Tamriel understand the difference and are willing to accept that citizens are using the Daedra to their advantage(one of which is fighting the Daedric forces).
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »

Well I used to dismiss my pets in town before I discovered Pet Dismiss. So it can be done.

It's one of those things that really should be built in to the interface.

I regret that it may be more difficult for console players but I don't have the knowledge to help there.

Pets can be unsummoned from the active buffs list in the character profile, or by unslotting and reslotting the skill from the bar. Nobody really bothers to do either.

It used to be that you could just activate the skill to get rid of them, but that function was replaced by their given sub-abilities many moons ago. Which is a sadness.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    No mention of the bear?

The bear IMHO is even more of a problem. It takes 2 or 3 twilights to cover a banker. It takes 1 bear to completely block a banker or crafting table. I went to craft at the enchanting table and a bear literally covered it. No amount of changing my position could get access to the table. I said something in chat but of course there was no response. Could not tell who 'owned' the bear as there were several other players also trying to find a spot to use the table.

Pets should be just like Mounts as you go into a building. They should de-materialize when you enter a crafting area or a building that is not part of a quest.

IMHO

:#
    Edited by barney2525 on April 7, 2020 8:39PM
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How exactly are you turning your writs in at the guild hall? Enlighten me.

I complete my writs at my guildhall very quickly and then I hand them in silly :)

Never had an issue with pets ever or handing my writs in.

This whole thread is an exaggeration with another agenda.

If players are top crafters, then they certainly know the eazy peasy spots to hand them in. That is all.

‘enlightenment’