Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Are you playing less Battleground matches since it became solo queue only?

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Has your participation wained? Have you played more?
Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!

Are you playing less Battleground matches since it became solo queue only? 200 votes

A) I stopped playing BGs because of this.
21%
ninibiniSkayaqkwisatzSheezabeastsparafucilsarwb17_ESOPsychopotekollege14a5MojomonkeymanLady_SleeplessTBoisReverbnewtinmplsKilnerdynecode65536pod88kkKidgangster101Mindcr0wVoodooPlatypusOrjixSchmetterfrosch 43 votes
B) I play more now because of this change.
35%
Nyteshadevailjohn_ESOjhnartb14_ESOHanokihsKhenarthiKiramekuRecktrithiusOediphitryWingSaelentdem0n1kGorgoneusWihuriSaubonKartalinKnightpantherItoqMayraelSneaky-SnurrAetherderiusKel 71 votes
C) My level of BG participation has not changed.
26%
SolarikenDeathStalkerMurderMostFoulxaraanIruil_ESOwild_kmacdb16_ESOGarpleyEdaphonfeyiiVDoom1TequilaFirelaksikusSomewhereAthrys5XDark_One13MirelaUmbrellaQwazzyFischblutNyladreasCameron991 52 votes
D) I stopped for other reasons.
11%
Inklingsmartinhpb16_ESOalainjbrennanb16_ESORi_KhanCinbriVaranaVevvevFeizaobrandonv516GeorgeBlack0lbertikusLadislaoChickenSuckerKalik_GoldGrognak524Revokusoxygen_thiefTagSaikuAPGamingIgnis_Irae 22 votes
E) I participate more for other reasons.
2%
SupremeRissoletuxonIskiabrelentless_turnip 4 votes
F) I don't pvp but like answering polls. I'm helping! I'm
4%
blacksabsub17_ESOSilverwillowEverstormKiralyn2000tomofhyrulePlanetFluffWiseSkyEifleber 8 votes
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wasn't doing BGs before, I am not doing now

I just did for MYM achievements

I was a Cyro player, I PvPed a lot, so I picked this
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped doing battlegrounds the time before the patch, because no matter what character I was on of various levels I kept on getting grouped against premades. Not sure if I suddenly got terribly unlucky or if they became even more common then, and it wasn't a "last go" thing either, since the notes hadn't been announced when I noticed the increase.
    So, yes I stopped doing BGs until after the patch and now I'm doing them again. It's nice. Sometimes teams gets balanced badly, like experienced and well geared people in one team and complete newcomers in another, but in general it's better. Have had some great memorable matches lately that has been won by a hair width.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was either this, or C. ;)
    Options
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only ever played with one or two friends. I haven't run a bg since the change.
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matches, for the most part are much more balanced and even, and thus, "more fun"

I don't hesitate to queue up solo now, whereas before it was rolling a die and it usually wasn't good.

I do think there should be 2 queues, but the population is already stretched thin, and I don't know if there's enough people to justify both of them.

If I had to choose just one or the other, I'd much rather have solo over group however.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,405 achievement points
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doing about 1 a week now as the game just plays like [snip].

Moved on to Sea of Thieves for my real game time.

[Edit for minor profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 9, 2020 7:18PM
    Options
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only do them once or twice a day now, since I won't be matched against premades. It was no fun before.
    PC-EU
    Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is broken, but BG's have been better since this change in terms of healthy competition 👍
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My level of BG enjoyment has increased.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I have said before bgs is actually fun now pre mades aren’t killing it cyrodiil the place for ball groups.
    Options
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    only playable pvp at most times and even then thats generous
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My friends left with Elswyr so I should be happy that I am not against teams of players.

But I am not like those narrow visioned people, that overlook the terrible design of an mmorpg being treated as a solo friendly game. These people pass their interests as facts. "BGs never have been better!"
    Their opinion should be ignored and in an ideal world in which Zos knew how to have premade arenas and solo arenas, the account of these people would be deleted so that forums are a better place for discussions.

Edited by GeorgeBlack on April 5, 2020 2:26AM
    Options
  • mgk
    mgk
    ✭✭
    i have stoped, boring to play solo.
    cp 2000+
    46k point de succes
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impossible to play with input delays.
    Options
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only did BGs with one of my friends who would drag me in. Now I don't have a reason to do them.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I only did BGs during Midyear Mayhem to get the Firedrake set. Actually had loads of fun with it. Won some, lost some, and it was great.

After the event ended, I ran one more just to finish off a daily quest. It took way longer to get in, and then my team got flattened unmercifully. Several times. Took me ages to just get that one more win.

Was it because the others were grouped and coordinated and mine was PUGged? Maybe. I dunno. I don't think removing premades from BG is the answer though. I'd guess two sets would be best, one with premades and one with soloes, but then I can see there being issues with populating them.

But then again, I'm the kind of person who sticks to solo play in the first place. I guess I'll be waiting until the next MM to do more PvP, since there's little to nothing that interests me otherwise.
    Options
  • 0lbertikus
    0lbertikus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

This!
    Options
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only pvp with friends, since I can't do bgs with friends I have no interest in doing them.
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
    Options
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard enough pvping on Aussie internet, just torture going up against two pre-mades.
    Options
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play more bgs because i get more matches now that mmr has been reset, but even if mmr hadn't reset i would still queue as much as before because i only do battlegrounds.
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Performance issues
    2. Nighblade nerfs on my main
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on April 5, 2020 9:02AM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be frank, I was so sick of BGs in the past few months that I haven't even tried. I assume it's better now, because of the abuse of invincible groups that is hopefully thing of the past now.

But anyway, my favourite game is capture the relic and my least favourite is chaosball due to enormous toxicity and exploiting in the playstyle. That's some love-hate game mode right there for me. Sadly, chances are 80/20 I'll get the chaosball so I quit.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has your participation wained? Have you played more?

Where's the option for playing less? As per thread title?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like solo queue, but only because I'm always solo. If I had friends who played BGs with me, I would be sad after this change.
    I think we should have two queues, but I'm fine with current situation.

Even after MMR was reset, most of times I got into groups with people who know what they are doing. Before that change, even with high MMR, I would get clueless allies much more often (as if BG finder couldn't find enough players for a match and just threw random players together without any care about their MMR). Maybe some people stopped playing BGs with solo queue, but the ones who are still playing definitely have more... quality.

Queues are still too long for my taste, need to be almost instant :| BGs is the most aggressive form of PvP content in ESO, so after one match ends, I immediately want to get into next match :D
    Options
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    i stand behind the change, BGS are a better more fail and balanced place now that you dont stumble upon 4 man premades with harmony on regular basis, anyone who claims diffriently just needs an unfair advantage to win anything. THANK YOU ZOS FOR LISTENING AT LEAST ONCE
    Options
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im playing less Battleground matches since they increased performance
    Edited by oxygen_thief on April 5, 2020 10:22AM
    Options
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Spot on!

I mean, I did play more BGs when solo queue became a thing, but clunky combat and terrible performance is hindering that for me.
    I still keep playing BGs every now and then, but I'm sure I would play even more if the performance wouldn't be so bad right now.
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't stopped, but I am playing less (not an option in the poll). BGs are a group activity designed around group organisation, and similar to dungeons, you play with a team and having a regular team means you learn to play to each others strengths and weaknesses, you assume roles and spec into them to enhance your cohesion and group capability. These changes to battlegrounds punish players who have taken the time to learn, master, build and create such structured play. So it has meant I am playing less.

The flexibility of grouping previously was far more inclusive. Experienced players could take friends, introduce and help them out; less skilled players could find a group role that suited their play style, and it allowed for progressive and adaptive learning and strategy in a group dynamic.

Imagine if they did the same to dungeons.
    D3N7157 wrote: »
    i stand behind the change, BGS are a better more fail and balanced place now that you dont stumble upon 4 man premades with harmony on regular basis, anyone who claims diffriently just needs an unfair advantage to win anything. THANK YOU ZOS FOR LISTENING AT LEAST ONCE

How is playing content the way it is designed, an unfair advantage? The game modes are designed with group dynamics and coordination in mind. What this 'solo queue only' achieves is further hardening of the tank meta and removes build diversity from battlegrounds. I know its a typo and you meant more fair, but you had it right, it is certainly more fail to implement this change. There was nothing stopping anyone from getting a group, or forming premades. You had the choice to queue solo, or get together with a team of players. Now that choice is taken away. I've taken many players into battlegrounds who would have never done any pvp had it not been for the opportunity to play small scale interesting and team oriented activities with a familiar person. This change is harmful in more ways than the only positive of appeasing the QQers who for whatever reason don't want to group up ahead of time.
    Edited by mairwen85 on April 5, 2020 11:35PM
    Options
  • Wishingstaff
    Wishingstaff
    ✭✭
    Haven’t been since PVP event.
    Edited by Wishingstaff on April 6, 2020 12:57AM
    Options
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't do battlegrounds at all if it was made up of pre-mades. As it is now, I only do them for achievements and rewards. I don't like the fact that the teams are never even so that it's a fair fight. I look at it more as a daily chore to be honest, I much rather do other things.

Half of the issue I have with any PvP is the toxic behavior of so many people. And what is the point in teabagging, I did battleground just two days ago after defending against two attackers almost the entire time, when I finally died one teabagged me. I just do not understand the point or get why that is even a thing, it's just childish. Think about that type of role playing, you really want to be seen as being that type of person?

Battlegrounds isn't fun, it isn't engaging, it isn't fair no matter how it's done. Part of the problem is that it's instanced so people have to queue for it. Not being able to PvP with friends is an issue but even if people could, premades stomping on pugs is just boring and bad for any type of PvP. Not enough people are interested in PvP to be able to allow premades to combat other premades of equal levels so the groups are all screwy and it's really just rolling the dice if you are going to win most of the time depending on who are grouped up with.

So why not just roll dice instead?

Options