The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bring back Group Bg's

• DrCanabis
    DrCanabis
    ✭✭
    Group queues are coming back!
  • JSlayer211
    JSlayer211
    ✭✭✭
    DrCanabis wrote: »

I've been thinking about this more and more lately. People have been having cows about how fast you can get nuked down with proc sets in BG's. That's WITH random groups. Introduce pre-mades again, and this may be the death of BG's for most players tbh. Enter match, premade with healer and 3 coordinated proc destroyers and all the cancer tactics you could stomach. While it may sound good and dandy for some, I imagine this will be a gigantic turn off for the remaining community. What you inevitably end up with is the same cancer parties running around, getting bored of fighting the opposing cancer party groups. Eventually BG's die as it's no fun fighting against the most toxic stuff they run against each other in the same tired fashion.New players walk in and get evaporated on repeat, quitting lobby after lobby until they just say eff it.

Maybe they should limit it to a group of 2 only for q into BG's. BG's is honestly completely broken when you allow 4 people to Q together and coordinate against Radny & Co.

I do feel if they made a separate q for teams + solo and a solo only q, the one including teams would be a tragic ghost town because noone would want to play against that nonsense imo.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it should be capped at duo and it shouldn't be in a separate queue, that is literally the only way it's going to work for most people. It's a thing in plenty of other games, granted they have better matchmaking in general but you more frequently will get good games im a solo/duo queue environment as a solo player than solo only or when there are full groups vs any combination of other things.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solo queue and group queue, please. That way the people who think that premade automatically means uber can go play random teams, and the people who want to play with friends can do that. I would like the opportunity to try BGs. That was taken away from me as my guildies were going to teach me how; it would be beyond stupid for me to go in alone and just get stomped over and over and make people angry that I can't pull my weight, I would learn nothing from that beyond that I shouldn't have tried it in the first place. So I can't play until they let us group again.
  • DrCanabis
    DrCanabis
    ✭✭
    JSlayer211 wrote: »

I've been thinking about this more and more lately. People have been having cows about how fast you can get nuked down with proc sets in BG's. That's WITH random groups. Introduce pre-mades again, and this may be the death of BG's for most players tbh. Enter match, premade with healer and 3 coordinated proc destroyers and all the cancer tactics you could stomach. While it may sound good and dandy for some, I imagine this will be a gigantic turn off for the remaining community. What you inevitably end up with is the same cancer parties running around, getting bored of fighting the opposing cancer party groups. Eventually BG's die as it's no fun fighting against the most toxic stuff they run against each other in the same tired fashion.New players walk in and get evaporated on repeat, quitting lobby after lobby until they just say eff it.

Maybe they should limit it to a group of 2 only for q into BG's. BG's is honestly completely broken when you allow 4 people to Q together and coordinate against Radny & Co.

I do feel if they made a separate q for teams + solo and a solo only q, the one including teams would be a tragic ghost town because noone would want to play against that nonsense imo.

Well there was a Q&A on Twitch with a ZOS employee and there was a question about premades. He said premades are coming back sooner than people think. Praise the nines!
  • JSlayer211
    JSlayer211
    ✭✭✭
    Well there was a Q&A on Twitch with a ZOS employee and there was a question about premades. He said premades are coming back sooner than people think. Praise the nines!

I don't doubt they are coming back. No one knows in what capacity they are coming back though. Everyone just assumes it will be the same as previously. I hope they've learned that the previous setup was a failure and the current one is a band-aid fix.

Separate Q's are tough because of the lacking BG population. I can't speak for the actual BG population size, but they have looked at the numbers I'm sure of people playing BG's. They tried out solo Q, maybe the numbers went up so they kept it longer than intended. Now they want to reintroduce group BG's without alienating the people who have newly started exploring BG's.
  • DrCanabis
    DrCanabis
    ✭✭
    JSlayer211 wrote: »

I don't doubt they are coming back. No one knows in what capacity they are coming back though. Everyone just assumes it will be the same as previously. I hope they've learned that the previous setup was a failure and the current one is a band-aid fix.

Separate Q's are tough because of the lacking BG population. I can't speak for the actual BG population size, but they have looked at the numbers I'm sure of people playing BG's. They tried out solo Q, maybe the numbers went up so they kept it longer than intended. Now they want to reintroduce group BG's without alienating the people who have newly started exploring BG's.

I don't see separate queues being a thing. They should fix the matchmaking so you don't have a team of 4 werewolves or 4 templars. Maybe permanent roles?