Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Bring back Group Bg's

GerStyler
GerStyler
✭✭✭
Hello Guys.
Titel says all.
Since Cyrodiil is unplayable and IC is Dead, bgs are the only thing where you can make group PvP.
Yeah fighting premates is hard but then make your own premate Team and improve.

Greeze.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Has nothing to do with improving...
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lole wrote: »

How does it not? You form a group play with friends you guys build coordination and comfort level together now you guys just improved and you can fight other premades...... It's magic
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS just need to introduce a group only option so you guys can wait 2 hours for your riveting 120 - 105 -60 deathmatches, at least you won't have anything to complain about.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

How does it not? You form a group play with friends you guys build coordination and comfort level together now you guys just improved and you can fight other premades...... It's magic

Yes and you improve to play solo... this arguments are so useless
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol so glad your logic is to get better as a solo player in a mode that takes TEAMWORK. The less TEAMWORK in the match means it is rng if you win and at that point why don't we all play rock paper scissors at the start of the match.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zekka wrote: »
    ZOS just need to introduce a group only option so you guys can wait 2 hours for your riveting 120 - 105 -60 deathmatches, at least you won't have anything to complain about.

A good setup isn’t one that doesn’t die, it’s one where you kill everyone and don’t die.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

Lol so glad your logic is to get better as a solo player in a mode that takes TEAMWORK. The less TEAMWORK in the match means it is rng if you win and at that point why don't we all play rock paper scissors at the start of the match.

Even in a team, solo performance matters...you can also work in a team with randoms, just a tip...if you play with randoms as you talk about them then it’s clear why your solo exp is so horrible
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep solo queue and just introduce a group queue. Win win
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »

That’s also what will happen
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »

That’s also what will happen

Hopefully mate. Fingers crossed.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    yes please!!!! my friends, wife, and I all very much miss playing battlegrounds together, that is why we bought this game!!!!
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even in a team, solo performance matters...you can also work in a team with randoms, just a tip...if you play with randoms as you talk about them then it’s clear why your solo exp is so horrible

Nah even before this solo que failure me and my wife playing as a duo would always get pugs that would ignore us not even say hi tell us to f off even had it said to me on this forum over just saying communication shouldn't be hard but hey it's me that's the problem right? :trollface:
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

Nah even before this solo que failure me and my wife playing as a duo would always get pugs that would ignore us not even say hi tell us to f off even had it said to me on this forum over just saying communication shouldn't be hard but hey it's me that's the problem right? :trollface:

I didn’t exp that yet...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yea, that’s true. The pvp community in this game has been the worst I’ve ever seen. Some people are so nasty, it makes sense to group up to exclude them.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t exp that yet...

I didn’t exp that yet...

Lucky you for not having it happen to you but it has been reported by so many people that it does. People have even said in these threads they enjoy grouping with friends to play and not have to deal with pugs.

The first thing people jump on is oh no they are a premade....... But what if it is literally just friends trying to play in a game mode to have fun and they are all bad? They now have to que solo dealing with toxic players/trolls but that is okay because it is one less premade in the game.......

Go to cyrodil for group play PVP right? Well what if I don't want to have siege. What if I don't want to watch a spy deliver there emp killer weapon to the emp group? What if I don't want to watch spy's grab our scroll we worked hard to get just pick it up and deliver it? All those things listed above doesn't make me want to play the game........

Or how do I introduce friends into small scale pvp now? They don't want to face 30+ people in cyrodil so now we just limit a PVP community because being antisocial should be rewarding?

Idk I get people don't like to be stomped out by actual premades, but let me tell you those "premades" aren't nearly as high as people made them out to be. Sometimes people that actually are good at the game and understand the modes get paired together and it gives the illusion of being a premade because the people they play against aren't doing the same or they are simply not as good as the other players.
  • Jyiiga
    Jyiiga
    ✭✭✭
    Pugs have made me miserable and I'm playing less and less. With everything that is going on in the world right now, it might be time for me to kick off to another game for awhile. The person I was playing with has totally stopped logging in since the changes.
  • wylievc
    wylievc
    ✭✭✭
    At least allow duo queue. It's a fair compromise, gives the illusion we can play with friends (friend) and the issue in the first place was people complaining about "premades". Right now we have a divided community and I've never seen it in a worse state, the community will die off if nothing is done soon.
  • Comicman
    Comicman
    ✭✭
    wylievc wrote: »
    At least allow duo queue. It's a fair compromise, gives the illusion we can play with friends (friend) and the issue in the first place was people complaining about "premades". Right now we have a divided community and I've never seen it in a worse state, the community will die off if nothing is done soon.

Not really if you check the number of people making a daily post crying about not being able to play BGs with friends, is pretty much the same number as people who were crying about premades. Queue is much faster now and teams more balanced. If you think good duo cant stomp team of 4 solo players you are either really bad or just lying. Also when I read most of the posts nowadays the people who are crying the loudest don't even want separated queues for premade they want to take premade group of at least 2 people against solo players.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comicman wrote: »
    wylievc wrote: »

Not really if you check the number of people making a daily post crying about not being able to play BGs with friends, is pretty much the same number as people who were crying about premades. Queue is much faster now and teams more balanced. If you think good duo cant stomp team of 4 solo players you are either really bad or just lying. Also when I read most of the posts nowadays the people who are crying the loudest don't even want separated queues for premade they want to take premade group of at least 2 people against solo players.

Let's cater the entire game to solo que only then!

Vet trial hard mode- solo only
    Vet dungeon hard modes- solo only
    Cyrodil- no more groups solo only
    Open world- yep solo only

I got a great idea! Let's just remove the group option a together from the game.

See how stupid that sounds? This is THE ONLY game that doesn't let you que into a game mode with a friend/friends. Only the "solo" players think this change is for the best because they want to be antisocial and hate it when they come across a group doing GROUP content.

I was all for solo que/group que until I really saw the solo players cheering because a game mode got dumbed down just like the rest of the game.

Nerfs happen because people cry. Can't do a light attack rotation? No problem don't learn we will bring back heavy attack. Don't want to die in open world? We will Nerf it into the ground so everything can be solod. Want PVP to be easier for good solo players so they can take over entire BG matches knowing it will only be solo players? No problem we will Nerf BG! Monster sets op? Nerf. This move op? Nerf.

Yep sounds like a fun time in eso when cyrodil/ic work for any PVP person that wants to ay with friends! :trollface:
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See how stupid that sounds?
    It sounds stupid because it's a strawman that no one actually argues for. Why would anyone care if some other coordinated group of players ran PvE dungeons or trials? It doesn't affect them or their gameplay. The same can't be said for the previous way Battleground queues functioned, though. People who wanted to "play with their friends" (friends who just so happened to be comboing Ults, harmony bombing, running dedicated heals, etc...) could completely ruin the gaming experience of their opponents, sometimes for hours on end.

And before you pull out the tired old, "You can form your own premade!!1!11!! argument, let me remind you that many of us absolutely despise playing on either side of premade-vs-solo games. It's really boring to run premade-vs-random games over and over, just in case someone else is also premading. Some of the times in the past that I teamed up with others in order to play "premade police," the opposing group would stop queueing as soon as they caught their first beatdown, and we'd end up against randoms again.

It seems like most players are in favor of premade-only queues being an option, but the current system certainly isn't "dumbing down" what existed before. After all, it certainly didn't require some kind of Einstein-like brain power in order to stomp all over disorganized teams that frequently didn't even have 4 players.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make a solo (or solo/duo) and a premade Queue.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think good duo cant stomp team of 4 solo players you are either really bad or just lying. Also when I read most of the posts nowadays the people who are crying the loudest don't even want separated queues for premade they want to take premade group of at least 2 people against solo players.

I believe allowing Duos would be a good compromise. It allows some social play, and trying to have two Queues probably wouldn't work. One, it seems like more work for ZOS and is hence less likely. Two, the group Queue would likely have so little traffic that it would barely function.

More importantly, I believe allowing Duos to Queue with solos would actually be fairly balanced IF matchmaking is now based upon Total Team MMR (as it appears to be). If matchmaking is based on Total Team MMR, and you duo queued with a friend (assuming both of you have moderately high MMRs) then you would be teamed with 2 fairly low MMR players in order to bring your team's average MMR closer to the mean. Yes, you would have the advantage of greater coordination with the person you Duo queued with, but you would have to overcome the disadvantage of having two low MMR players on your team.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts on bg premade.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I GOT TIRED.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    It sounds stupid because it's a strawman that no one actually argues for. Why would anyone care if some other coordinated group of players ran PvE dungeons or trials? It doesn't affect them or their gameplay. The same can't be said for the previous way Battleground queues functioned, though. People who wanted to "play with their friends" (friends who just so happened to be comboing Ults, harmony bombing, running dedicated heals, etc...) could completely ruin the gaming experience of their opponents, sometimes for hours on end.

And before you pull out the tired old, "You can form your own premade!!1!11!! argument, let me remind you that many of us absolutely despise playing on either side of premade-vs-solo games. It's really boring to run premade-vs-random games over and over, just in case someone else is also premading. Some of the times in the past that I teamed up with others in order to play "premade police," the opposing group would stop queueing as soon as they caught their first beatdown, and we'd end up against randoms again.

It seems like most players are in favor of premade-only queues being an option, but the current system certainly isn't "dumbing down" what existed before. After all, it certainly didn't require some kind of Einstein-like brain power in order to stomp all over disorganized teams that frequently didn't even have 4 players.

So again it's not okay for a "premade" or duo to stomp out randoms but it is perfectly okay for 1 SOLO player to have the ability to control the entire match? Because that is happening just by some of the screenshots shown of end scores.

And no pve mobs don't care about being ulti dumped ECT, but the players that are causing these changes are the ones getting kicked out of dungeons/trials doing 7k dps and complaining on the forums because they are getting kicked out if the content. How is it any different?

GROUP ACTIVITIES require TEAMWORK. What we have right now is not teamwork. If I que as a tank in chaosball who is there to help protect me? If I que into a deathmatch as a healer how do I know my team will stick together? Capture the relic? Nope my partners just want to act like it's a deathmatch...... Sounds like a great time I'm having there playing as a solo player in these modes that are designed to have coordination.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having so much more fun now:

1. most BG are full
    2. the waiting time is ridiculously low
    3. battles may be more chaotic but so much more fun and matches are tighter and fought till the very end

I hope ZOS won't change anything until they can add 2 separate queues
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    Queues were never bad before. I always had insta queues or wait 2mins max. Sometimes the queue bugged, like you waited 10 mins, re queue and you got in immediatly. Havn't noticed a queue bug yet now, perhaps fixed, if so very nice.

If people don't wanna put in effort to work as a team, don't queue bgs and don't punish ppl for putting in the effort to put their premade together. Allow solo/duo. This is a mmorpg, this is a social game to play with friends, if you don't enjoy that, then go play single player games. I don't get this introverted "i don't wanna speak with anyone and only do my own stuff but i still wanna engage in group content, but be on my own" type of mindset.

And how bgs looks in terms of filled, is also the same. Sometimes i get all teams full, sometimes its 3v3v4, sometimes 3v4v4. I also see frequent ragequitters, just like before. And theres still 1 team dominating. The only difference is that whoever is dominating is not a premade.

This honestly made very little difference to how bgs turns out in the end. Rarely do i see a BG thats like "aw man we barely won" and the score being like 495 450 500 etc. And my friend frequently sends me screenshots of him having 29 kills 0 deaths.

And tbh you don't even know how many ppl were actually premades, because i still face and get teams that could very well be a premade, because we actually run around together with heal, tank and good dps.

Going from 1 extreme to the other is a horrible decision. You make small changes, not overhauls like this. Going from 5man premade vs solo to solo/duo only, would be a much smaller step and a way better one. If stuff AFTER that would still be really bad, then do something like this or a "solo + solo/duo" queue.

Ppl wanting 5man to come bk vs solo are stupid and ppl thinking it should stay like this are equally stupid. If all you wanted was to kill ppl on your own, theres cyrodiil, go for it. But instanced pvp like BGs should never have solo queue only.
  • Comicman
    Comicman
    ✭✭

So again it's not okay for a "premade" or duo to stomp out randoms but it is perfectly okay for 1 SOLO player to have the ability to control the entire match? Because that is happening just by some of the screenshots shown of end scores.

And no pve mobs don't care about being ulti dumped ECT, but the players that are causing these changes are the ones getting kicked out of dungeons/trials doing 7k dps and complaining on the forums because they are getting kicked out if the content. How is it any different?

GROUP ACTIVITIES require TEAMWORK. What we have right now is not teamwork. If I que as a tank in chaosball who is there to help protect me? If I que into a deathmatch as a healer how do I know my team will stick together? Capture the relic? Nope my partners just want to act like it's a deathmatch...... Sounds like a great time I'm having there playing as a solo player in these modes that are designed to have coordination.

[snip] You say you cant win BGs now cuz people don't focus on objectives and you can't do anything alone, then you say that 1 person can carry entire teams to win. [snip]

Also, the solo happened precisely because of premade groups that had TANKS + HEALERS and the unfair advantage it offered you. But you are probably a person who thinks its fun to go into BGs with a full tank with 60-70k HP and pocket healer and just stand there during Chaosball knowing that you can't die no matter what. That's exactly why BGs are now more fun, cuz stupid builds like this don't do anything anymore. Sure you can have luck and get solo players who is a healer and 2 others who will do dmg. But you can't force it every time because you cant premade your group.

Btw are you trying to tell us that ONLY solo players sometimes chase kills in BGs instead focusing on objectives? [snip] I can't even count the number of times in BG that premade did exactly this, the only difference is now you most likely get only 1 person who does that in a team if you are very unlucky maybe 2 you can still win a game with 1 pretty easily. But before you would get 2 at least sometimes 3 depending on the premade size and you couldn't do anything about it. I am up for having 2 queues one for 4 man premade and one for solo if the population can handle it. But NOT premade vs solo that is just extremely unsatisfying no matter on what side of the stick you are.

[Edited for Baiting Commentary]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on April 4, 2020 2:40PM
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

Just surrender man you will not make him understand :) I tried aswell before and it was without effect haha
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just surrender man you will not make him understand :) I tried aswell before and it was without effect haha

@Lole

yeah you also refuse to answer the question about any other game that promotes only solo que system in a game mode that is designed around teamwork. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 8, 2020 2:59PM
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip] You say you cant win BGs now cuz people don't focus on objectives and you can't do anything alone, then you say that 1 person can carry entire teams to win. [snip]

Also, the solo happened precisely because of premade groups that had TANKS + HEALERS and the unfair advantage it offered you. But you are probably a person who thinks its fun to go into BGs with a full tank with 60-70k HP and pocket healer and just stand there during Chaosball knowing that you can't die no matter what. That's exactly why BGs are now more fun, cuz stupid builds like this don't do anything anymore. Sure you can have luck and get solo players who is a healer and 2 others who will do dmg. But you can't force it every time because you cant premade your group.

Btw are you trying to tell us that ONLY solo players sometimes chase kills in BGs instead focusing on objectives? [snip] I can't even count the number of times in BG that premade did exactly this, the only difference is now you most likely get only 1 person who does that in a team if you are very unlucky maybe 2 you can still win a game with 1 pretty easily. But before you would get 2 at least sometimes 3 depending on the premade size and you couldn't do anything about it. I am up for having 2 queues one for 4 man premade and one for solo if the population can handle it. But NOT premade vs solo that is just extremely unsatisfying no matter on what side of the stick you are.

[Edited for Baiting Commentary]

Nope I'm usually that guy with lots of kills also wearing medium armor... I don't play that high tank go meta. In fact I also know to beat them you can do it as a team easy unless your team dps is weak. You kill the healer time a stun then with Burst. Those 60+k go tanks also have no damage so build your ultimate up on them be smart.

I'm sorry you don't understand what it's like to play on a team and communicate because that is the only way you have problems killing those "unkillable" builds.