Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Please dont que for veteran dungeons if....

• akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pugged vbloodroot hm yesterday and cleared.
    Options
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pug = Trash

Go with your guildmates or be ready to leave with a mental illness
    Edited by yRaven on March 20, 2020 6:07PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
    Options
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a max account and yes vet is not a good place to start to learn mechanics BUT....why are normal dungeons full of vet players speed running through so beginners dont get to even see some of the mechanics.

I have just started a new account on eu server and it has been a HUGE eye opener at how freaking crap players treat players with lower cp. As soon as i prove myself they become polite again but i have been judged the second i walk into a dungeon.

My next point is ....i learned my mechanics for vet once i was geared but it was by trial and error. Vets are different mechanics to the normal version most times. Having some decent gear sets while starting out does help but knowing mechanics is the deal but you learn best inside the dam dungeon not just by watching videos on them.

I always take time to help new players but some players are all high and mighty and enjoy shaming newer players it feeds their ego ...if dungeons are open to players then its zos responsability....also not all players are in guilds.

Im furious cos of the way some ass hats treat newer players ....even when grinding xp in some areas these higher cp level players run through you like you are not there its so rude and abnoxious.

I go have a holiday on my main sometimes ....i feel for newbies.

If you are here complaining you need to adjust your sense of superiority and help players or give advice....most of those newer players may not even use the forums yet.

The real issue is pledges....vet players want to wizz by and get their keys or farm gear even in vets and they dont have the patience to accomodate someone that may have just been trying that dungeon out cos its their pledge and they need those keys to get their monster set.

Pugs are not trash: pugs are made up of players of varying experience, know how and gear, they are human beings trying to play a game they pay for. Dont call people trash that is low.

This is a freaking game people remember? Game = entertainment. So chill and have a tad of patience towards others who are on another level to you. Given the chance they will evolve and learn and prob end up being a better player than you are.😆😆😆😆

Edited by Recent on March 29, 2020 7:41AM
    Options
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    So, I'm not allowed to try veteran dungeons until I have the adequate understanding, knowledge, and experience necessary for a veteran dungeon?

Like how an entry level job requires a few years of experience?

Please.
    Options
  • Treb_U_Shae
    Treb_U_Shae
    ✭✭
    "It's vet roulette, and you get what you get"
    (Me laughing diabolically as I queue up for all DLCs with another DPS homie)

My favorite game, if the queue ever pops of course. And as long as it's the two of us as the DDs, the dungeon gets done, even if the other members of the group aren't familiar with the mechanics. It certainly speaks to one's character attempting to explain something to someone who wants to try it vs. flaming then for their attempt. Also, it gives a new feel to a very familiar fight when one or two of the group is dead and you now have to DPS around mechanics as well as the lack of a healer/tank. I don't mind it. It's actually one of my favorite games. I'll still queue for all DLCs and spin that wheel of chance, why not?
    Options
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shack80 wrote: »
    You are unsure of mechanics

Disagree strongly... mechanics rarely ever matter on normal... so how else do you expect people to learn them?

And who are you to tell people they aren't experienced enough to queue for a dungeon? My guess is you aren't as good as you think you are, and struggle to complete vet dungeons without all other members contributing at least as much as you. Otherwise getting a pug who is unsure of the mechanics wouldn't be an issue.
    Options
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do love when I am the only one who rushes all around doing mechanichs, because no one have any clue that they cannot just zerg boss, and then they kick me because I do "no damage".
    Or at even nCR ppl just brainlessly run around in the portal and I must go there (and I do trials as a heal) and close spears, because they dont know what to do and dont read chat, and then someone dies and I am trash heal.
    I have dozens stories like this

Disagree strongly... mechanics rarely ever matter on normal...

as you can see if you really read the tread title, it is about veteran
    Edited by jm42 on March 29, 2020 7:53AM
    Options
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    SpaceElf wrote: »
    So, I'm not allowed to try veteran dungeons until I have the adequate understanding, knowledge, and experience necessary for a veteran dungeon?

Please.

You can get your necessary experience doing this: open google.com > search *veteran dungeon name* guide > read/watch videos

You welcome
    Edited by jm42 on March 29, 2020 7:57AM
    Options
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jm42 wrote: »

Disagree strongly... mechanics rarely ever matter on normal...

as you can see if you really read the tread title, it is about veteran

As you can see if you actually read more than the first sentence I wrote, I am aware of that.

My point is that vet is the only place you are able to learn mechanics because they are a joke on normal, so many (if not most) people only learn the mechanics when they do it on vet the first time.
    Options
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    My point is that vet is the only place you are able to learn mechanics because they are a joke on normal, so many (if not most) people only learn the mechanics when they do it on vet the first time.

Thats why guilds exist, And thats why guides exist. When you go to vet, you must have at least some clues of what mechanichs it has and then when you see it for real you will be ready. and not be that one dude who failed the raid because he must learn, but dont read chat and advices
    Edited by jm42 on March 29, 2020 8:08AM
    Options
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you go to vet, you must have at least some clues of what mechanichs it has

Where in the TOS is this stated? There is nothing wrong with entering a vet dungeon blind if you are even semi-competent at your role.

If you want a guaranteed easy run, form your own group. You don’t get to decide by what grounds others are qualified to queue for dungeons.
    and not be that one dude who failed the raid because he must learn, but dont read chat and advices

Raid? Are you referring to vet trials? Because that’s not what is being discussed here. I would agree that you shouldn’t be going into vet dlc trials completely blind if that is the point you are trying to make. But that’s one of the reasons why you can’t queue for them and why crown gets to decide the admission requirements for their group. So it’s kind of a non-issue to discuss here.
    Options
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I give my other mates one boss to test me out and see if they are even worth attempting harder dungeons with.
    Options
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raid? Are you referring to vet trials? Because that’s not what is being discussed here.
    I used wrong word, and I am not talking about trials, I am talking about veteran dungeons and especially dlc-veteran dungeons, hope now it is clear
    Options
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SpaceElf wrote: »

Please.

You can get your necessary experience doing this: open google.com > search *veteran dungeon name* guide > read/watch videos

You welcome

Yeah... No. People should be getting their experience from playing the game. That's what EXPERIENCE is. No one should be required to use outside resources to gain understanding of in-game content, it should be taught by the game.
    Options
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

Yeah... No. People should be getting their experience from playing the game. That's what EXPERIENCE is. No one should be required to use outside resources to gain understanding of in-game content, it should be taught by the game.

No. necessary experience to enter hard content is to have a clue what specific mechs it has and be ready to it. and be ready to read chat aand do what other experienced ppl advice you to do. if you don't and just want to be carried - then be ready to come to forum and whine that you got kicked. 0 tolerance for ignorance
    Options
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No. necessary experience to enter hard content is to have a clue what specific mechs it has and be ready to it. and be ready to read chat aand do what other experienced ppl advice you to do. if you don't and just want to be carried - then be ready to come to forum and whine that you got kicked. 0 tolerance for ignorance

It has nothing that do with being carried. Don't come to the forums and whine that you ran into someone who's still learning and gaining experience. People play the game to play it, not to go read about it on Google. Veteran dungeons are 100% content that people should be able to learn but playing the game.
    Options
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    whine that you ran into someone who's still learning and gaining experience

No one is whining about newbies themselves. All that people demand is actual learning, because too much newbies just brainlessly rush paying no attention. For me I have a limit in 3 wipes on 1 boss. If they keep dying - I leave, because they eather don't reading or simply too weak
    Edited by jm42 on March 29, 2020 10:20AM
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you go to vet, you must have at least some clues of what mechanichs it has

Where in the TOS is this stated? There is nothing wrong with entering a vet dungeon blind if you are even semi-competent at your role.

If you want a guaranteed easy run, form your own group. You don’t get to decide by what grounds others are qualified to queue for dungeons.
    and not be that one dude who failed the raid because he must learn, but dont read chat and advices

Raid? Are you referring to vet trials? Because that’s not what is being discussed here. I would agree that you shouldn’t be going into vet dlc trials completely blind if that is the point you are trying to make. But that’s one of the reasons why you can’t queue for them and why crown gets to decide the admission requirements for their group. So it’s kind of a non-issue to discuss here.

Its not stated in TOS its normal to have a understanding what are you facing and how will you react with your role, also check to optimize your build etc... With behavior like you have i would probably left in the middle of dungeon...
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, Will play how I want. Don't like it. Who am I to care?
    Options
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    In PUGs, simply expect the other players to do the worst you can think about. :)
    Options
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No one is whining about newbies themselves. All that people demand is actual learning, because too much newbies just brainlessly rush paying no attention. For me I have a limit in 3 wipes on 1 boss. If they keep dying - I leave, because they eather don't reading or simply too weak

Learning should still come from the game, not outside resources, and if you pug you're gonna be risking joining someone for their first time. The entire point of a game is to play it, and learn how to get better through the process of playing it. No one is required to ruin their game experience by reading guides for any content they wanna do without ever even trying on their own, just to please more experienced players who want an easy run. The PUG risk goes both ways.
    Options
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    I have a max account and yes vet is not a good place to start to learn mechanics BUT....why are normal dungeons full of vet players speed running through so beginners dont get to even see some of the mechanics.

The best you can do is to solo the dungeon on normal. Or bring a friend or a guildie if the dungeon mechanism prevents it to be soloed.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf u guys are even arguing about op already agreed to remove the knowing mechanics requirement.
    Options
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    The only thing I would ask of somebody queuing for veteran DLC dungeons (base game I could care less), is that you're able to do your role.

If you're a tank. Tank
    If you're a healer. Heal (and do some DPS, depending on dungeon)
    If you're a dps. Do Damage.

That's it. Perform the base duties of your role, and you'll be fine. Mechanics can be taught and learned, and that's fine.

But, if you're still learning to do the base duties of your role, do those in something other than veteran DLC dungeons, lots of other places to learn those!

This, plus if you dont know mechanics, tell your team mates at the beginning of the run, not after the 3rd boss wipe!
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    No, no, no... ya have it all wrong.

Do not queue for a veteran dungeon if you have a deplorable deficit in fashion sense. Nobody wants to look at your horrendously hideous “outfit” for fifteen minutes and its garish lack of taste distracts everyone from watching for mechanics!

;)

I think that is the most entertaining part.

You can't "demand" anything, that is the point.

You have every right to leave, just as they have every right to join and/or leave, whenever they like.

You do not, on the other hand, have every right to stipulate who joins a random dungeon, or what level of skill, or power, they have, other than perhaps petitioning ZOS to change the rules (re. min CP).

Apart from that, you are free to state, on here, that you wish random players would do this, or learn that, before they join vet dungeons, or during doing them, but the whole point of random groups is that you get what you get and that part is beyond your control.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thats why guilds exist, And thats why guides exist. When you go to vet, you must have at least some clues of what mechanichs it has and then when you see it for real you will be ready. and not be that one dude who failed the raid because he must learn, but dont read chat and advices

It's not an exam, it's a game.
    Options
  • Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    People should take a quick search online as well before entering a PUG, to understand the mechanics and anything they're unaware of so they're not dead-weight on the group.
    Options
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want a certain expectation met, do not use the dungeon finder. Use a guild. Dungeon finder is a public option.

Exactly what this guy said.
    Dungeon finder is for everyone. If you want to run with people who you know are at a certain level, then make a group yourself. People who go into dungeon finder expecting a good group and then rant and leave because there's new players in there are probably the main reason why so many new players think endgamers are all toxic elitists.
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
    Options
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, I don't agree with not allowing people to queue if they don't know the mechanics yet. We all had to learn at one point and I am more than happy to explain any mechanics to anyone. Helping others complete a dungeon is its own reward.

In fact, I'd much rather be in a veteran dungeon with a group who doesn't know the mechanics than with a bunch of fake-rolers.
    The former is open for improvement and self-development, the latter can't be taught anything since they seem to think that the world revolves around them.

That being said.. don't queue for any dungeon, veteran or normal, when you're fake-roling. I don't care how fast you can "burn" through said dungeon and how "elite" your damage is. That honey, isn't the point.

The points are:

1) Learn to wait in line like the rest of us.
    2) Don't be selfish.
    3) Your dungeon experience is not elevated nor is it of any more importance than mine, or anyone else's in the group.
    4) Run with your friends and/or guild if you want to make non-standard groups. Do not queue for random then.
    5) It is common courtesy to actually be the role you sign up for. Nobody is making you do that, you choose, you make sure you contribute to the group accordingly.
    6) By fake-roling you are literally wasting everyone's time, including your own, and you are demanding that people should adjust to your lack of effort, because all that matters is you, right? Wrong.

And some personal pet peeves of mine:

1) Give people the change to loot, open chests, look for heavy bags and hand in quests. You are not making it go any faster by running ahead and killing yourselves, over and over again. If anything, you're only making it slower for everyone, including yourself. So that kind of attitude doesn't even make sense.
    2) I am absolutely in love with the dungeons and hard work that went into creating them. I enjoy doing them. If I want to take a moment to talk, that shouldn't be a problem.

Respect goes a long way.

Edited by Sylianwe on April 1, 2020 8:39AM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
    Options
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fake Healer because you are all going to die.
    I'm a fake DPSer because... just because
    I'm a fake Tank because I don't block (well not often) LOL

I'm a Dungeon noob and I'm going to starting PUGGING vet Dungeons for two reasons...

1) because I can
    2) to get the achievements
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
    Options