The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When is Frostvault being fixed?? This is beyond ridiculous!!

• big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    I guess I wont be farming tzogvins for a few years.

Just farm on norm. I got my whole set without any crashes. I gave up on HM and no death achievs though. Someone always crashes.

Its bugged for some people on norm as well.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just farm on norm. I got my whole set without any crashes. I gave up on HM and no death achievs though. Someone always crashes.

Its bugged for some people on norm as well.

I know it does. My point is that the fight finishes so quickly you might get lucky and finish it before you crash, although YYMV
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Normal does it too. Every. Single. Time.

I won't risk damage to my irreplaceble PC.

and no it's not fossil its an alienware model which has the specs to run like 5 instances of ESO at once.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    So here it is 9th of March and I made my original post on 5th of March. ZOS edited my post on the 6th of March so they read the post but they still wont/cant acknowledge that this is being fixed or looked at or anything. We have paid for this and we should have working content. As ZOS can see it's a big problem for lots of players across all devices. Can we at least have some sort of acknowledgment that's really not alot to ask for.
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C’mon guys they are normally really punctual with fixes. I’m sure it will be working as intended soon.
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »
    C’mon guys they are normally really punctual with fixes. I’m sure it will be working as intended soon.

Irony? Hard to tell on the internet lol

Frostvault was released on ps4 and xbox on March 12th 2019, the pc version before that. So for a year now Frostvault has had this problem and there has been no fckin response from ZOS at all. It's not magically going to fix itself. The bare minimum we can expect as paying customers is an official response that yes it's not working, that they will look into it and fix it. It's crazy that we have to jump through hoops trying to get *** fixed that isnt working that we have paid for. This is a great game when it works.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to confirm, this should be fixed with tomorrow's console update.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you, that is all we asked for.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have recently had to remove a handful of bashing and inappropriate comments from this thread. Feedback is a very important function of our forums, but we do ask that all feedback remains civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what about PC where all these problems are still occuring for a lot of people?
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_TrishM wrote: »
    Greetings,

We have recently had to remove a handful of bashing and inappropriate comments from this thread. Feedback is a very important function of our forums, but we do ask that all feedback remains civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.

just wow
    Edited by Brandathorbel on March 9, 2020 8:14PM
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno thank you for responding I do appreciate it. The question I still have though is this update different than the pc update? I only ask because there are pc users still complaining about this problem after their update, so if the updates are the same I worry the problem won't be fixed.
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we will see if Frostvault is fixed after this patch. Good luck to us all, it looks like it's the DLC pledge for the day lol
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    So sadly, i do not have much hope that this patch will fix Frostvault. This is from the patchnotes for the PC update. The main problem with Frostvault wasn't addressed:

Dungeons

Frostvault
    Stonekeeper
    Disintegration Failsafe now correctly ignites the Whirring Blade Traps after interacting with the Veracity Verifier, and Disintegration Failsafe no longer ignites the Whirring Blade Traps during Veteran mode.
    Break Free no longer removes the stun associated with the Targeted Salvo ability.

Gina Bruno
    ESO Community Manager

i guess we shall see :)
  • phlupp89
    phlupp89
    ✭✭
    My group and I have been trying to do the FV HM for months. We got to a point where we were able to do the skeever phase without any problems. We literally made it through nine out of ten times. I could navigate that labyrinth in my sleep.

But every time we got back to the boss (or a few seconds later) somebody would crash hard. We have a decent team, but we never could do it with three. Especially since you basically have to just hang out and wait for the fourth person to come back - since you want them to get the achievement.

The good news is:The first time nobody crashed we got it done.

The bad news is: Like others have pointed out there is several bugs in that dungeon and they are unlikely to ever get fixed or acknowledged. Which is a shame if you ask me.
    I (and others) have said this many times: ESO should be the greatest game out there. But it just isn't.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m on PC and we did a few runs of this dungeon on Sunday, and on one run in particular, the laser boss was a buggy mess! So I assume Gina is strictly referring to the crashing after the skeeverton phase of the last boss on console. Well, I guess lasers coming out at 45 degree angles, and the game clearly not knowing where the centurion shield is, are just desync problems that we haven’t got a fix for yet, and Zeni won’t have a fix for anytime soon. Good to know I guess.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think that's bad? The giant death laser boss glitches about 65% of the time and we hit even though the shield is up and no laser should go through. To this day I can't beat frostvault on veteran despite doing every other dungoen in the game on vet and most of them on hardmode too. It's too glitchy and I have never even made it past that boss I can only imagine how much harder it is.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would put money on it that it is still broken.

time and time again we have seen patch notes that say they have fixed something only to find out it didn't because they refuse to test their fixes.
  • ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is not fixed for pc yet. We've just tried frostvault since it's the pledge today and had at least one or two people crashing right after the skeever phase in each pull (vet HM)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The crash bug on the final boss of Frostvault is definitely NOT fixed on PC, as of today. We did at least half a dozen pulls of Stonekeeper on HM, and all but one of those pulls had someone crash after the completion of the maze.

It's not fun to waste 40 minutes on a boss, needlessly wiping over and over, because people keep encountering a crash bug that we had reported 9 months ago.

And to add insult to injury, it takes a long time for the crasher to log back in because they will keep getting "Error 304 Account already logged in" for minutes afterwards.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP FROSTVAULT IS NOT FIXED!!

Ok, so I am on the PS4 EU server. Just ran Frostfault on normal as a test.and it's a pledge today...the game crashed twice in the final boss once before the mouse stage and once after. Then the 2nd crashed player could not get back in as it told him he was already logged in so he lost out on finishing the pledge and wasnt able to loot the final boss as dungeon ended before he could get back in. What do we have to do to get working content that's been paid for?
    Edited by big_ear_midget on March 11, 2020 12:42AM
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me last time i tried to play frostvault, missed rewards and i havent gone back there since

PC NA
    Edited by naturebased on March 11, 2020 4:22AM
  • Akq
    Akq
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP FROSTVAULT IS NOT FIXED!!

Ok, so I am on the PS4 EU server. Just ran Frostfault on normal as a test.and it's a pledge today...the game crashed twice in the final boss once before the mouse stage and once after. Then the 2nd crashed player could not get back in as it told him he was already logged in so he lost out on finishing the pledge and wasnt able to loot the final boss as dungeon ended before he could get back in. What do we have to do to get working content that's been paid for?

PC EU, exact same problem, randomly happens to different group members. We gave up after 4th try. The 4 of us play 6 days a week, always different dungeons and trials, no issues with any other content.
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody care about ur problems even if it is paid content. Btw dont forget to pay for next content.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ninibini wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is not fixed for pc yet. We've just tried frostvault since it's the pledge today and had at least one or two people crashing right after the skeever phase in each pull (vet HM)

Thanks for this. We took another look and identified an additional crash (likely the one everyone is discussing here) and are working on getting it fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not just dc’ing on final boss. On vet we spent an hour stuck on death ray boss. The shield was not always blocking the ray. And it was random on whether it would block it or not. Then at final boss, 2 dc’d

This dungeon was 50% of your output for the quarter.

Xbox NA
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    ninibini wrote: »

Thanks for this. We took another look and identified an additional crash (likely the one everyone is discussing here) and are working on getting it fixed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno thank you for responding, but this problem also happens on PS4 and Xbox. Just wanted you to be aware.
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    Today on the twitch feed they talked about a fix/patch coming out on monday. Fingers crossed it includes Frostvault.
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the patch is for pc/mac only, guess have to wait for console
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems appropriate to me that FROSTvault would FREEZE.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
This discussion has been closed.