Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Murkmire Celebration] What's your final score

• Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No collectibles completed
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Kahnak wrote: »
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Tatanko wrote: »
    I went to PAX East and still managed to get the next Indrik berry and both collectibles with 3 extra tickets this morning before the event ends on top of it all.

well you got lucky. That was no where near the norm as you can see

it's 26% of the vote.... 30% got 1 completed with nothing extra. So 56% got one or both with no cash store.

I'd say it's well within the "norm".

(statistically relevant is <5% (or <1% if being extra precise))

Yeah, well, some people will cling desperately to their alleged personal victimization no matter what statistics are provided. A quick look at the numbers here really flies in the face of the "ZOS is forcing people to buy tickets" narrative. Even in the cases where people did spend crowns, most people only bought one or two additional tickets. I missed two days of the event and still managed to get exactly what I wanted, which didn't include the pet or the memento.

The only acceptable outcome was everyone who "tried" to get the rewards would get them. Just because you're okay with nothing doesn't mean those who invested time in the event deserved the same.

Everyone doesn't get a trophy simply for participating where I come from. Better luck next year.

for events, yes that is the way it is supposed to be. Its not suppose to be a competition, it is supposed to be a celebration. Its supposed to bring back players and keep them not push them away. Please, you may want to ask yourself why you feel the need to defend a company that does not care about you so much.

Christmas is a celebration. Have you gotten everything you've ever wanted for Christmas? Better luck next year, Bob.

even rewards are not gifts. they are rewards for doing event tasks.

Obviously, you didn't bother to read the post that reply was directed at. I never said rewards were gifts.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same as usual for me. Start an event, then realized there no rewards I really care about and I'm bored out of my skull. So I stop and do something else.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    I went to PAX East and still managed to get the next Indrik berry and both collectibles with 3 extra tickets this morning before the event ends on top of it all.

it's 26% of the vote.... 30% got 1 completed with nothing extra. So 56% got one or both with no cash store.

Yeah, well, some people will cling desperately to their alleged personal victimization no matter what statistics are provided. A quick look at the numbers here really flies in the face of the "ZOS is forcing people to buy tickets" narrative. Even in the cases where people did spend crowns, most people only bought one or two additional tickets. I missed two days of the event and still managed to get exactly what I wanted, which didn't include the pet or the memento.

The only acceptable outcome was everyone who "tried" to get the rewards would get them. Just because you're okay with nothing doesn't mean those who invested time in the event deserved the same.

Everyone doesn't get a trophy simply for participating where I come from. Better luck next year.

for events, yes that is the way it is supposed to be. Its not suppose to be a competition, it is supposed to be a celebration. Its supposed to bring back players and keep them not push them away. Please, you may want to ask yourself why you feel the need to defend a company that does not care about you so much.

Christmas is a celebration. Have you gotten everything you've ever wanted for Christmas? Better luck next year, Bob.

You're just making yourself sound like you started playing yesterday and don't have a clue about anything ESO-related.

Is that your intention?

You're just making yourself sound like you're so intent on dismissing people with a different opinion that you have to convince yourself that I can't possibly know anything about ESO. I mean, the alternative is that you're not being victimized and god forbid anyone even consider that.

I never said, or implied, anything about myself being victimised.

Just to clarify, I am not a victim and I do not feel victimised.

You, on the other hand, don't seem to be able to comprehend that a change has taken place, event-wise, and that has, inevitably, upset the proverbial apple cart.
    Edited by Tigerseye on March 3, 2020 10:00PM
    Options
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry I guess i confused in game event participations with competitions where there can only be one winner and a runnerup or something.

event rewards are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A COMPETITION. it should be - you put in the work = you get the rewards for it.

now, I hate comparing gaming to jobs, because its not the best comparison, but in this case - its all I have. imagine you have a job. its a company so a whole bunch of people are working with you, you all have the same job description, and the same hours. you all come in, punch in, do the work, punch out. except... your boss decides that they are not going to just pay everyone salary - they are going to roll a dice who gets paid and who doesn't. imagine that roll of the dice didn't favor you and you didn't get paid, while someone next to you - not only got paid, but got a bonus, because dice favored them more. imagine being told that if you want to get that paychek - you need to pay extra for it, or accept that you are not getting a paycheck.

event rewards are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A COMPETITION. it should be - you put in the work = you get the rewards for it.

Yeah, well, I'm not sure how long you've been around, but life doesn't work that way. You've also failed to specify what you're concept of reward is in this case. I got 3 berries and 2 feathers from this event, which was exactly what I was looking for. So, in my case the work vs reward was pretty satisfactory. And I missed two days.

now, I hate comparing gaming to jobs, because its not the best comparison, but in this case - its all I have. imagine you have a job. its a company so a whole bunch of people are working with you, you all have the same job description, and the same hours. you all come in, punch in, do the work, punch out.

This assumption isn't even true across the playerbase, let alone a company. There are people that go out of their way to grind additional boxes. There are some that don't. There are people that have left over tickets. There are people who aren't interested in the Indrik. There are people who aren't interested in the grave stake memento.

I also find pretending that spending less than 5 minutes to kill a mob in Murkmire for 3 tickets is some how analogous with a job profoundly amusing.

your boss decides that they are not going to just pay everyone salary - they are going to roll a dice who gets paid and who doesn't. imagine that roll of the dice didn't favor you and you didn't get paid, while someone next to you - not only got paid, but got a bonus, because dice favored them more. imagine being told that if you want to get that paychek - you need to pay extra for it, or accept that you are not getting a paycheck.

What makes this a bad analogy is there is no mention of the free 39 tickets and there is this assumption with your point, as there is with everyone arguing this point, that everyone is going for the same goal - they aren't. Not only that, but what is the goal? Is it both the pet and the memento? Is it the pet, memento and the berry? Is it the pet, the feathers, the berries and the memento? No one can seem to agree on what it is supposed to be, yet they keep on tacking on these things that they are supposed to be entitled to during the Murkmire event in order to further hammer their point about being victimized.
    Edited by Kahnak on March 3, 2020 10:04PM
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 collectible completed, used free tickets only
    Number_51 wrote: »
    Across 7 accounts I completed both pet and memento on 5 accounts. The sixth account bought all 4 feathers and ended with 4 of each fragment, the 7th account bought all 3 berries and end with the memento and 4 fragments of the pet.

You have 7 different ESO accounts? Wow, that's dedication! How many different platforms and servers do you play ESO on? And how do you find the time to play on all of them?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how life, supposedly, works in your world, Kahnak.

You are comparing apples and oranges, again.

The only thing that matters, the only thing that is relevant to this discussion, is how ESO events have worked, up until now.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

even rewards are not gifts. they are rewards for doing event tasks.

Obviously, you didn't bother to read the post that reply was directed at. I never said rewards were gifts.

you literally compared them to christmas gifts.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • caesarvs
    caesarvs
    ✭✭✭✭
    No collectibles completed because you did not participate in the event
    I liked the event. Did a few vbrp runs and got almost all perfect weapons from there thanks to double drops (hate that arena, prob never going step there again). Coudn't care less about pets and mementos.
    Options
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're just making yourself sound like you started playing yesterday and don't have a clue about anything ESO-related.

Is that your intention?

You're just making yourself sound like you're so intent on dismissing people with a different opinion that you have to convince yourself that I can't possibly know anything about ESO. I mean, the alternative is that you're not being victimized and god forbid anyone even consider that.

You, on the other hand, don't seem to be able to comprehend that a change has taken place, event-wise, and that has, inevitably, upset the proverbial apple cart.

You don't seem to be able to comprehend that the reason that a change has taken place, event-wise, is because people have been screeching on this forum and not because ZOS is predatory.

You don't want your inventory filled with useless memento pieces? Solved

You don't want FPS drops because of player concentration? Solved

You want more to spend your tickets on besides the Indrik mount? Solved

Now, you can acknowledge that, or you can continue to push this idea that it just got randomly changed on a whim simply because someone wanted to make more money. ZOS gave in to the screechers and made a heavy handed change - what else is new?

Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry I guess i confused in game event participations with competitions where there can only be one winner and a runnerup or something.

now, I hate comparing gaming to jobs, because its not the best comparison, but in this case - its all I have. imagine you have a job. its a company so a whole bunch of people are working with you, you all have the same job description, and the same hours. you all come in, punch in, do the work, punch out. except... your boss decides that they are not going to just pay everyone salary - they are going to roll a dice who gets paid and who doesn't. imagine that roll of the dice didn't favor you and you didn't get paid, while someone next to you - not only got paid, but got a bonus, because dice favored them more. imagine being told that if you want to get that paychek - you need to pay extra for it, or accept that you are not getting a paycheck.

Yeah, well, I'm not sure how long you've been around, but life doesn't work that way. You've also failed to specify what you're concept of reward is in this case. I got 3 berries and 2 feathers from this event, which was exactly what I was looking for. So, in my case the work vs reward was pretty satisfactory. And I missed two days.

now, I hate comparing gaming to jobs, because its not the best comparison, but in this case - its all I have. imagine you have a job. its a company so a whole bunch of people are working with you, you all have the same job description, and the same hours. you all come in, punch in, do the work, punch out.

This assumption isn't even true across the playerbase, let alone a company. There are people that go out of their way to grind additional boxes. There are some that don't. There are people that have left over tickets. There are people who aren't interested in the Indrik. There are people who aren't interested in the grave stake memento.

I also find pretending that spending less than 5 minutes to kill a mob in Murkmire for 3 tickets is some how analogous with a job profoundly amusing.

your boss decides that they are not going to just pay everyone salary - they are going to roll a dice who gets paid and who doesn't. imagine that roll of the dice didn't favor you and you didn't get paid, while someone next to you - not only got paid, but got a bonus, because dice favored them more. imagine being told that if you want to get that paychek - you need to pay extra for it, or accept that you are not getting a paycheck.

What makes this a bad analogy is there is no mention of the free 39 tickets and there is this assumption with your point, as there is with everyone arguing this point, that everyone is going for the same goal - they aren't. Not only that, but what is the goal? Is it both the pet and the memento? Is it the pet, memento and the berry? Is it the pet, the feathers, the berries and the memento? No one can seem to agree on what it is supposed to be, yet they keep on tacking on these things that they are supposed to be entitled to during the Murkmire event in order to further hammer their point about being victimized.

there is no concept of reward. there are just rewards. memento and a pet are event specific rewards. feathers can be gathered through other events, this pet and memento are event specific. berry is event specific (it will show up during the next event, i'm aware, but that event will also have its OWN berry as well as event specific pet) that thanks to rng and lack of inability to trade were impossible for some people to collect. and the fact that some people went out of their way to grind more boxes and STILL didn't get enough fragments through gameplay alone, while others just got lucky with 5 minutes a day is exactly the problem i'm highlighting here. please. pay attention.

you complete a task - you get a reward for that task, that is the job analogy, not how long it took. and i mean... i used to freelance. i had my rates. sometimes jobs I did would take half an hour or less to finish. didn't make them any less of a paid job. that reward in game, the gold box - may or may not contain actual in game collectible that you can only get during this event. which again is the disparity i'm pointing out. some people got fragments. some people did not. for EQUAL AMOUNT OF EFFORT. it would be like me doing my half an hour job and just because it took me half an hour - my employer would roll a dice to decide how much to pay me. could get my full rate. or could get a nickel. rng, amirite?

there is absolutely a mention of 39 tickets. except.. you need 80 tickets to get all of the event specific rewards. even if you go into the event with tickets saved up, its still possible to fall short of being able to get both collectibles AND a berry.

and yes i'm aware not everyone wants to collect the same things, which is why WE USED TO BE ABLE TO TRADE. if you are not interested in a memento, in prior events - you could trade it to someone who was. that is no longer the case. THAT is part of the problem we are pointing out here.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Options
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 4 pieces of the stick, used all my free tickets to finish the snot, of which only 2 pieces dropped. I did the event every day and got not a single extra box. I didn't want the stick to be fair, but I was hoping to use some tickets on feathers. Still I can only ride one indrik at a time I guess...
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Is that your intention?

You don't seem to be able to comprehend that the reason that a change has taken place, event-wise, is because people have been screeching on this forum and not because ZOS is predatory.

Now, you can acknowledge that, or you can continue to push this idea that it just got randomly changed on a whim simply because someone wanted to make more money. ZOS gave in to the screechers and made a heavy handed change - what else is new?

I give up.

It's like talking to a brick wall.
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that your intention?

I give up.

It's like talking to a brick wall.

We are apparently supposed to believe the monetization incentive is purely coincidental rather than by design. Such a conclusion would be amusing if there wasn’t abundant reason to conclude otherwise. There was a time I would have granted this publisher/developer the benefit of the doubt. But between $100+ virtual houses and other outrageously priced microtransactions, misleading cash shop descriptions (looking at you, outfit slots), the introduction of gambling, putting skill lines and skill points in the cash shop with no in-game alternative, the rebranding of motifs as “styles” to get away with selling bits of a motif for more money, and the monetization of events... well... yeah. It’s all pretty damning.

And too bad, because it’s not like we don’t love this game and want to see it succeed. But the greed is strong with this game and making it actively worse over time. It’s a damm shame and making me invest less in ESO and more in other games made by folks who don’t do this kind of crap.
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One cool pet and one extremely lame memento.
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My score is "disappointed". Opening all those Murkmire boxes to find literal trash in them was soul sapping.

Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got 3 berries and 2 feathers from this event...

And I missed two days.

50 tix worth of goodies from a possible 45. That's interesting.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    I got 3 berries and 2 feathers from this event...

And I missed two days.

50 tix worth of goodies from a possible 45. That's interesting.

good catch :D

and before they try to defend their lie. 33 event tickets plus maximum of 12 going into event. each feather and berry cost 10 tickets, so they would need 50, while by their own admission they only got best case scenario 33+12=45.

no wonder they are defending this mess. they are lying AND are bad at math
    dirty worthless casual.
    Options
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got exactly what I was after: 0 tickets, 0 boxes, because I am TIRED of events.

Just give me some double XP 'flavoured' up with whatever the season is: joker jelly, anniversary cake, witches' blood pudding, or Festivus snow.

You can keep the mementos that never get used, weird-bleating elf donkey, or dopey slime pet.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    My score is "disappointed". Opening all those Murkmire boxes to find literal trash in them was soul sapping.

I didn't notice any "literal trash" items. What items are you referring to?
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purposefully don’t want a snot pet. Plank of wood would have been fine but their “performance update” made me too angry to do anything but log in for the bare minimum.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that your intention?

Zos is the classic monkey’s paw of wishes.

Console: I don’t want to get skyshards and lorebooks again! $olved.

Be careful what you wish for, a literal Djinn works for Zos.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Mofasa
    Mofasa
    ✭✭✭
    1 collectible completed, did not use tickets at all
    I got the last piece for the grave stick on the last day. I did not want it, would like the snot pet more but no... I got the grave stick..

The animation for the grave stick is.. odd It's like: Look at my face spank paddle, look at it.. it's fancy..

It would be a lot more fun and useful if the animation was more inline with the real purpose of the grave stick.
    Animation: Jamming the stick into the ground and then a quick prayer.
    With this animation I could at least use it after I defeated a player in a duel, saying: RIP to the dude.

Options
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the pet, used free tix to complete it. I also had six memento fragments and enough tix to get the last frag, but I didn't - because I don't want/need/care about the memento. So I still have free tickets in my wallet.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    Options
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and before they try to defend their lie. 33 event tickets plus maximum of 12 going into event. each feather and berry cost 10 tickets, so they would need 50, while by their own admission they only got best case scenario 33+12=45.
    I thought you could get 39 tickets during the Murkmire event? I know I missed two event days due to traveling. Didn't Murkmire start on the 20th and end on the 3rd?

Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on March 4, 2020 5:16AM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I thought you could get 39 tickets during the Murkmire event? I know I missed two event days due to traveling. Didn't Murkmire start on the 20th and end on the 3rd?

They said they missed 2 days so that's 6 less tickets. 39-6 = 33.
    I got 3 berries and 2 feathers from this event, which was exactly what I was looking for. … And I missed two days.

Options
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 collectibles completed, used crown store tickets
    I've puzzled about this, too, because the maths don't add up for me either. I failed to get the final pet fragment on the last day so I bought two crown store tickets and used my last three 'earned' tickets to get the final fragment. That means I earned another 36 tickets during the event (I didn't miss any days). I'm sure I came into the event with only a handful of leftover tickets but, even if I had the maximum twelve, it would still only give me 48 tickets.

I bought four feathers (and summoned the Nascent Indrik) and two pet fragments (in addition to the final day one) = 50 tickets.

I know I must be mistaken somehow but I don't understand how.
    Options
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 collectibles completed, used crown store tickets
    I got both gravestake and voriplasm pet, but I had to buy 10 tickets. But I just bought the crowns from another player. So really this event just costed me 250k gold
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    I've puzzled about this, too, because the maths don't add up for me either. I failed to get the final pet fragment on the last day so I bought two crown store tickets and used my last three 'earned' tickets to get the final fragment. That means I earned another 36 tickets during the event (I didn't miss any days). I'm sure I came into the event with only a handful of leftover tickets but, even if I had the maximum twelve, it would still only give me 48 tickets.

I bought four feathers (and summoned the Nascent Indrik) and two pet fragments (in addition to the final day one) = 50 tickets.

I know I must be mistaken somehow but I don't understand how.

if you didn't miss any days, you got 39, not 36 tickets for the entire event (13 days or more like 13 resets with 3 tickets each reset). if you had started out with 9 tickets, with 39 earned and 2 bought - that brings you up to 50. and zero tickets left over.

your math does make sense. claiming to have missed two days and not having purchased any tickets - does not.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realised after I voted, that the event still had a couple of hours left, so popped in a spent three tickets on the last piece of the memento. So I now stand at both items, using tickets, and not just one. The Indrik stuff is of no interest, in my case.
    Options
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    They want you to grind while they feed you just enough tickets and fragments to keep you coming back but in the end fall just short hoping you'll buy that ticket or two etc. since you put in all that time and effort...
    Options