The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

hundings palace non-cooking firepit replacement

EternalDiva
EternalDiva
✭✭✭
In the kitchen there is a lovely useless firepit. meaning it brightens the room but you cant cook anything on it. I would like to replace it with something that looks exactly like it but that I can cook with. Has anyone done that and if yes, what and how?
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excluding the crown store, I think there's just the base Bosmer round circle firepit style station and the semi-recently added Elsweyr grill.

Available to players.

There are other functioning provisioning stations in the game which players haven't been given access to yet, eg. the provisioning station outside Vivec.
    Options
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Excluding the crown store, I think there's just the base Bosmer round circle firepit style station and the semi-recently added Elsweyr grill.

Available to players.

There are other functioning provisioning stations in the game which players haven't been given access to yet, eg. the provisioning station outside Vivec.

Where would the Bosmer station be at? I've been looking and not found info for it.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

Available to players.

Where would the Bosmer station be at? I've been looking and not found info for it.

That's just the regular "Provisioning Station" one.

Looks like a campfire:

4ReyT51.png

At the moment, the only one that really works as part of a kitchen, on its own, is the "Provisioning Station, Elsweyr Grill", which is this one:

ZJHEUoQ.png

The plan to craft that is available from writ vendors/guild stores, or you can just buy the Grills themselves from guild stores.

The only other alternative is cobbling a fireplace together to put the, Crown Store-only, "Winter Festival Hearthfire" in:

mvOfP1D.png

...because, as you can see, the stone colour of the fireplace, you can buy to put it in, doesn't go with the Hunding's stone.

There are some amazing fireplace cobble examples, on this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504067/community-cobble-showcase-1-fireplaces/p1

...but, bear in mind that Hunding's is one of the homes that is particularly furnishing-slot challenged, for its size (it should have 700 slots, not 600!), so is generally not the best place to try to do cobbles in, if you want the slots left to furnish the rest of it.

So, they're the only three options currently available.

However, what we really need for Hunding's and other Redguard homes (and in fact, for many other homes, in general!) is a usable version of the "Redguard Counter, Grill":

1hWbxKf.png

Hunding's was the first larger house I decorated and as you can see, I placed a regular "Provisioning Station" behind the "Redguard Counter, Grills", as that was the only solution available at the time.

It looks OK, when viewed directly from the front, but it would be so much better if you could just use the Grills themselves.

I could replace them with the Elsweyr Grills, as I (reluctantly) did, here:

bqPpCHe.png

...but, they obviously have a different, much more open, look.

Which is quite nice, in certain situations (like the Snow Globe restaurant, above), but is obviously not a direct replacement for the solid, built-in look and Redguard style of the "Redguard Counter, Grill".
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no technical reason for the other provisioning stations you can use not be available as home furnishings. Some of them already are available as non-functional ones, like the grill mentioned already.

What I'd actually prefer to see is the ability to buy (for writ vouchers, like the current stations), a "station conversion kit" that would let any of the non-functional one you may have constructed become a functional one. Then the Redguard grill, the Khajjit grill, the Chiminea, and more, could all be usable the way they should be.
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    There is no technical reason for the other provisioning stations you can use not be available as home furnishings. Some of them already are available as non-functional ones, like the grill mentioned already.

Agreed. The Redguard Oven, Clay - that was on the PTS once upon a time, but never made it to live, is a provisioning station in Belkarth.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

What I'd actually prefer to see is the ability to buy (for writ vouchers, like the current stations), a "station conversion kit" that would let any of the non-functional one you may have constructed become a functional one. Then the Redguard grill, the Khajjit grill, the Chiminea, and more, could all be usable the way they should be.

Yeah, that is what I would, ideally, like too.

The Hew's Bane Palace has a built-in oven.

Would be really nice if you could make that functional, for example.
    Options