The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magicka > Stamina Users

Commandment
Commandment
✭✭✭
Change my mind

Ever since the implementation of solo que only in BG's everyone and there mother's are rerolling staff's, now everyone rolls the sweaty builds Note this is directed to BG battles.

Stamina User: If your a warden, don't read this, you were blessed by the ESO God's to be a immortal tank with damage.
Pros:
1. You look cool
2. In the real world, you can do massive damage in pve.

Cons:
1. You're a stamina user.
2. You have to go close range most of the time, and if not, arrows are only good against other stamina charaters
3. You only have a tick heal, unless your a warden, in matter of fact if your a warden your probably the only viable stamina user.
4. You melt like butter to anyone with a staff.
5. You rdamage mitigation abilities dodge/break free/block uses up your attack resources.
6. You are using foam swords and branches when you fight against a magicka user, except when you fight other stamina characters.

Magicka User
Pros:
3. MASSIVE DAMAGE, PEW PEW PEW I HAVE NO CONSEQUENCES FOR BEING FAR RANGED!!
4. MASSIVE SHIELDS YOU CAN WEAVE ALL THE TIME INTO YOUR COMBO'S, Laughing at stamina users as they hit you with there foam swords and shoot you with twigs
5. If your a sorc you have HIGH MOBILITY
6. Can knock back those pesky stamina users! and blast them to hell with a few shots
7. Your light attacks do a lot of damage!
8. You have ALL the stamina in the world to break free and dodge, since you don't really use it for fighting. So you not only have massive heals and shields, you can dodge way more freely
9. Class variations will be your cherry on top, specifically if your a sorcerrard or templard

Con's:
1. There are other magicka users
2. Stamina Users will grief and become magicka users to spite the game design.

Suggestion for a way to change this. Make a set that either breaks shields fast, or ignore shields that only works for stamina abilties so magicka users can't abuse it. Or add a stamina abilities that completely negates shields.

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamcro says hello.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change my mind

Ever since the implementation of solo que only in BG's everyone and there their mother's are rerolling staff's [Could have to do with MMR being reset. Most potato PvPers are magicka based (and stam NBs)], now everyone rolls the sweaty builds Note this is directed to BG battles.

Stamina User: If your a warden, don't read this, you were blessed by the ESO God's to be a immortal tank with damage.
    Pros:
    1. You look cool Axes maybe. Maces and Swords are so generic and boring that there isn;t anything cool about them
    2. In the real world, you can do massive damage in pve. Which means you can in PvP. We're still waiting years later for a magicka set that sniffs how strong Fury is.

Cons:
    1. You're a stamina user. That's not a con. That's a L2P or switch to magicka issue if you think it's a disadvantage
    2. You have to go close range most of the time, and if not, arrows are only good against other stamina charaters And so do Magplars, Mag Necros, Mag DKs. Arrows just as effective against magicka players (arguably more since stamina based players can dodge them easier
    3. You only have a tick heal, unless your a warden, in matter of fact if your a warden your probably the only viable stamina user. Not true. Rally. Stam necros heals are functionally better than magicka versions because of higher weapon damage. Ditto Stam Sorc. Also that "one tick heal" is the very strong and does not require a specific weapon to use. This does not even get into the other ways that damage can be mitigated such as dodge, evasion, gear such as Blackrose weapons, etc.
    4. You melt like butter to anyone with a staff.L2P issue. All bad players melt like butter. They melt faster to stamina builds that can equip a weapon with ridiculous burst (2H - Onslaught, Dizzy, Executioner) that no staff even comes close to comparing
    5. You rdamage mitigation abilities dodge/break free/block uses up your attack resources. That is an advantage. A magicka user is dead if they run out of their non-attack resource
    6. You are using foam swords and branches when you fight against a magicka user, except when you fight other stamina characters. That's a learn to build issue. If you think 2H is foam, you are doing it wrong. Magicka Desto staff (which inherently has lower spell damage) has only one skill that compares to the burst + execute + single target burst ultimate available to every stamina player. 2H also allows you to move without wasting hours of your life doing a boring questline.

Magicka User
    Pros:
    3. MASSIVE DAMAGE, PEW PEW PEW I HAVE NO CONSEQUENCES FOR BEING FAR RANGED!! The damage is less than one could achieve with a stamina build and the only magicka class that qualifies as a strong ranged opponent is sorcerer
    4. MASSIVE SHIELDS YOU CAN WEAVE ALL THE TIME INTO YOUR COMBO'S, Laughing at stamina users as they hit you with there foam swords and shoot you with twigs The shields are not massive, and a lot of magicka players don;t even bother using them. If you think shields are so godly go ahead and roll a magicka toon and get 1xVed by a stam DK with Fury, bloodspawn, and New moon.
    5. If your a sorc you have HIGH MOBILITY Yes, and if you are a stam sorc you even have more mobility
    6. Can knock back those pesky stamina users! and blast them to hell with a few shotsIf you're complaining about Destro reach, that's a serious l2P issue.
    7. Your light attacks do a lot of damage! Yours can do more!
    8. You have ALL the stamina in the world to break free and dodge, since you don't really use it for fighting. So you not only have massive heals and shields, you can dodge way more freely Is this a joke? Every magicka players uses their stamina for fighting against a decent opponent. Also a magicka player must make specific sacrifices to their build to ensure they have good off-resource management. A stamina player can use Stam + stam recover food, a magicka user who tries the magicka equivalent will constantly hit the re-spawn button
    9. Class variations will be your cherry on top, specifically if your a sorcerrard or templard That's ZOS's fault and variation does not by itself equal power

Con's:
    1. There are other magicka users Umm, OK. Not sure how that's a con.
    2. Stamina Users will grief and become magicka users to spite the game design.Someone else's L2P issues are not strictly a con. If anything, it's a pro as I'd have a better chance to win the fight

Suggestion for a way to change this. Make a set that either breaks shields fast, or ignore shields that only works for stamina abilties so magicka users can't abuse it. Or add a stamina abilities that completely negates shields.

I fail to see how crutching on broken gear that totally screws over your opponents is a "fix," especially since ZOS already had the set you are describing and they got such negative feedback about it that its functionality was removed from the game

Edited by Joy_Division on February 29, 2020 9:28PM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change my mind

Ever since the implementation of solo que only in BG's everyone and there mother's are rerolling staff's, now everyone rolls the sweaty builds Note this is directed to BG battles.

Pros:
    1. You look cool
    2. In the real world, you can do massive damage in pve.

Cons:
    1. You're a stamina user.
    2. You have to go close range most of the time, and if not, arrows are only good against other stamina charaters
    3. You only have a tick heal, unless your a warden, in matter of fact if your a warden your probably the only viable stamina user.
    4. You melt like butter to anyone with a staff.
    5. You rdamage mitigation abilities dodge/break free/block uses up your attack resources.
    6. You are using foam swords and branches when you fight against a magicka user, except when you fight other stamina characters.

Magicka User
    Pros:
    3. MASSIVE DAMAGE, PEW PEW PEW I HAVE NO CONSEQUENCES FOR BEING FAR RANGED!!
    4. MASSIVE SHIELDS YOU CAN WEAVE ALL THE TIME INTO YOUR COMBO'S, Laughing at stamina users as they hit you with there foam swords and shoot you with twigs
    5. If your a sorc you have HIGH MOBILITY
    6. Can knock back those pesky stamina users! and blast them to hell with a few shots
    7. Your light attacks do a lot of damage!
    8. You have ALL the stamina in the world to break free and dodge, since you don't really use it for fighting. So you not only have massive heals and shields, you can dodge way more freely
    9. Class variations will be your cherry on top, specifically if your a sorcerrard or templard

Con's:
    1. There are other magicka users
    2. Stamina Users will grief and become magicka users to spite the game design.

Lol
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Step 1: Read what your abilities do
    Step 2: practice
    Step 3: learn how to play
    Step 4: post on the forums

Please sticky.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 29, 2020 9:55PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a lot of L2P going on in here.
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    in PVP saying stam is inferior to magika....sorry to say that, but really a L2P issue here, because STAM ARE STRONG!

At least if you cannot make combo just go stamplar :)
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really? Stam classes dominate most battleground matches for me, and I have more trouble against them than mag classes. And I'm not saying "nerf stam"

Stam builds have good, dedicated PvP sets, and are able to somehow be survivable while having great burst. StamDK, stamplar, stamden are all scoring high in my matches — but always with 2-handers.

Stamblades seem to be fizzling atm — I guess that many are relying too much on cloak and not trying the same 2H brawler builds that other classes use, but I don't play the class and don't know
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam used to dominate BGs due to vigor stacking. Now mag does due to radianting regen stacking and more players being familiar with the 3rd party strategies and how range attacks benefit from that approach.

I’m sure we’ll cycle back to Stam eventually.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Lol so none of you point a real debate, just L2P Okay.

Switched to magicka this patch for BG's and been stomping on people especially stamina users. So again change my mind! Lol
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Stam used to dominate BGs due to vigor stacking. Now mag does due to radianting regen stacking and more players being familiar with the 3rd party strategies and how range attacks benefit from that approach.

Depending on the setting, sometimes a maggroup will own a stamgroup yea, it requires an open map and a sorc heavy group.

In general I’d still say stam are stronger. It’s the easy defense that makes a difference, mag are squishier.

If you play mag all it takes is 1-2 new players on your team and you’re F’ed because they’ll siphoning all your healing so you can never keep your health up, or waste all your resources trying. As one of the stronger stam classes you can carry a BG with weak team mates, you can’t as mag.

It’s why I switched to MagWarden. Reliable self healing with unreliable team mates.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 1, 2020 1:05AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    After reading all your post, I'm 100% sure most of you are talking about cyro, when I'm talking about current BG.
    I'm also certain most of you haven't even played much current BG's at low MMR, you will see a lot of stamina users, the higher you progress after many games, you will witness nothing but magicka and people with staffs.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In bgs mag has always had a strong group presence with stam having high kill potential. If you get into a bg with a good amount of mag players that work well together and are in sync then they’ll easily outplay stam. Although in the more chaotic matches stam has the advantage.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its interesting as people kind of just jump on the stam>magicka thing based on if you look at 1v1 raw kill potential. With the MMR reset and solo only queue; I'm sure there's a lot of selfish versions of the heals and not a lot of echoing vigor. I mean how do you go in with that.when you dont know who you'll get and they cant be trusted to reciprocate

OPs reasoning is off, but I could see it
    Edited by technohic on March 1, 2020 1:51AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Its interesting as people kind of just jump on the stam>magicka thing based on if you look at 1v1 raw kill potential. With the MMR reset and solo only queue; I'm sure there's a lot of selfish versions of the heals and not a lot of echoing vigor. I mean how do you go in with that.when you dont know who you'll get and they cant be trusted to reciprocate

I’ve noticed that some stam are running echoing now in BGs. It’s balanced with a 6 target cap in mind, but they’ll still do about 200k healing per BG and it’s MUCH appreciated.

I don’t know the technical aspect of it and how they run it or or why, maybe to extend the offensive window like I use radiating since it lasts 10 seconds? I use radiating like a buff and imagine they’re doing the same with echoing. The longer duration definitely makes it easier to brawl, who wants to switch to their back bar every 4 seconds to heal.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 1, 2020 1:56AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I’ve noticed that some stam are running echoing now in BGs. It’s balanced with a 6 target cap in mind, but they’ll still do about 200k healing per BG and it’s MUCH appreciated.

I don’t know the technical aspect of it and how they run it or or why, maybe to extend the offensive window like I use radiating since it lasts 10 seconds? I use radiating like a buff and imagine they’re doing the same with echoing. The longer duration definitely makes it easier to brawl, who wants to switch to their back bar every 4 seconds to heal.

I use echoing because I like being able to help my team other than just body blocking or stunning enemies when they're in trouble, but losing Resolving is definitely making me rethink that decision because less people seem to use Echoing with the MMR reset and solo queues. Without 1 other person to stack it on yourself, you become much weaker in a solo centric environment. The added benefit is more duration, but what good is that when you get attacked you have no way to recover without using a skill like Rally. Not to mention how Major Defile has become more abundant since BB was fixed and players flocked to Stam Necros.

Not only does Echoing tick less frequently, but it heals less per tick. I'm not sure on the exact math, but I noticed as an example, the difference is about 13k over 10s (6 ticks) VS 15k over 4s (5 ticks). That makes Echoing 1084/s VS Resolving 3000/s.

So it appears that you need at least 3 people using Echoing to top the amount of healing per second you get from Resolving, this obviously doesn't take into account the duration and ability to help your team, but it does highlight why Resolving is just a more solid option for Stamina players in a solo queue BG, at least from for the majority.. I'd consider 2 Echoing Vigors as breaking even because of the other benefits mentioned. I wish everyone would use it, but that just isn't the case.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on March 1, 2020 2:31AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I use echoing because I like being able to help my team other than just body blocking or stunning enemies when they're in trouble, but losing Resolving is definitely making me rethink that decision because less people seem to use Echoing with the MMR reset and solo queues. Without 1 other person to stack it on yourself, you become much weaker in a solo centric environment. The added benefit is more duration, but what good is that when you get attacked you have no way to recover without using a skill like Rally. Not to mention how Major Defile has become more abundant since BB was fixed and players flocked to Stam Necros.

Not only does Echoing tick less frequently, but it heals less per tick. I'm not sure on the exact math, but I noticed as an example, the difference is about 13k over 10s (6 ticks) VS 15k over 4s (5 ticks). That makes Echoing 1084/s VS Resolving 3000/s.

So it appears that you need at least 3 people using Echoing to top the amount of healing per second you get from Resolving, this obviously doesn't take into account the duration and ability to help your team, but it does highlight why Resolving is just a more solid option for Stamina players in a solo queue BG, at least from for the majority.. I'd consider 2 Echoing Vigors as breaking even because of the other benefits mentioned. I wish everyone would use it, but that just isn't the case.

Yea, it’s the prisoners dilemma. Everyone’s stronger if they use it, but anyone who specs for themselves will get a double benefit.

Still think stam’s stronger though because of tankiness, if you’re a tanky class like warden, DK or necro you don’t really need the extra healing from resolving and can mix in other heals.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Stamcro says hello.

TS in my opinion is Stamcro, he already says hello. :D
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 1, 2020 8:53AM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Depending on the setting, sometimes a maggroup will own a stamgroup yea, it requires an open map and a sorc heavy group.

In general I’d still say stam are stronger. It’s the easy defense that makes a difference, mag are squishier.

If you play mag all it takes is 1-2 new players on your team and you’re F’ed because they’ll siphoning all your healing so you can never keep your health up, or waste all your resources trying. As one of the stronger stam classes you can carry a BG with weak team mates, you can’t as mag.

It’s why I switched to MagWarden. Reliable self healing with unreliable team mates.

This. Right now only a strong magicka sorc can carry bad teammates. All other magicka classes cannot carry a group. While all stamina classes can carry bad teammate probably except sNB.

Also the problem is that the matchmaking now is strange. It is somehow balance and in each team there are one or two good players and the rest are bad. They are equally distributed but the executing potential is what matters for the good players.
    Edited by Bashev on March 1, 2020 9:16AM
    Because I can!
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best results I had in bgs after this patch on magplar was when I focused more on supporting a good stamcro or stamden instead of Focusing on bursting others myself.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka has been better than stam for group play for a while now. Stam is better solo. Live with it.

And anyone claiming this is a stam meta should immediately be ignored...

Aren't magsorc and magplar the best two 1v1 classes? Stamcro as well, but that's because blastbones is busted.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on March 1, 2020 10:36AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Magicka has been better than stam for group play for a while now. Stam is better solo. Live with it.

Aren't magsorc and magplar the best two 1v1 classes? Stamcro as well, but that's because blastbones is busted.

I like to watch Stamden players talk about busted blastbones. Maybe I should feel sorry for you, because Stamcro decided to take an interest in your healing honor.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 1, 2020 11:45AM
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a massive l2p. Topic starter is a troll, isn't he?
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate to say this, but I just found out that my stamsorc is god like in solo queus against both magic and stam specs, it is either due to MMR resets and playing against nowbies or that group play deminishes the effectiveness of stamina sorcerers.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to watch Stamden players talk about busted blastbones. Maybe I should feel sorry for you, because Stamcro decided to take an interest in your healing honor.

They still have a lot better healing than other stamina classes, there is no compirson in between wither defile is applied or not.
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭

They still have a lot better healing than other stamina classes, there is no compirson in between wither defile is applied or not.

Yea therefore Defile AOE.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

This. Right now only a strong magicka sorc can carry bad teammates. All other magicka classes cannot carry a group. While all stamina classes can carry bad teammate probably except sNB.

Also the problem is that the matchmaking now is strange. It is somehow balance and in each team there are one or two good players and the rest are bad. They are equally distributed but the executing potential is what matters for the good players.

I’ve noticed the same thing about groups. A lot of games I’ll see one or two names I recognize per group mixed with new players.

I also don’t think it’s possible to say mag > stam when there are classes like magblades around. Trying to finish the win 3 games quest as a magblade takes a long time.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’ve noticed the same thing about groups. A lot of games I’ll see one or two names I recognize per group mixed with new players.

I also don’t think it’s possible to say mag > stam when there are classes like magblades around. Trying to finish the win 3 games quest as a magblade takes a long time.

Whenever I talk for stamina or magicka in BGs I exclude nightblades. They are designed for open world not for BGs. The only strong spec is nb Helaer but it is good when all players are high MMR. Otherwise it is pain to try to heal new players who are dead in 3 seconds.
    Because I can!
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am gonna call L2P on this one...
    I play both mag and Stam with great success in BG's. Just practice and you will most likely feel annoyed by these posts in future too👍
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magsorc and magplar are competetive for different reasons, but just talking more of a general sense. Really, I've come across magdens every now and again that can be really good as well. It's just so few when I see a ton of sDK,
    sNecros and sWardens now looking for burst combos
    Edited by technohic on March 1, 2020 1:42PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Whenever I talk for stamina or magicka in BGs I exclude nightblades. They are designed for open world not for BGs. The only strong spec is nb Helaer but it is good when all players are high MMR. Otherwise it is pain to try to heal new players who are dead in 3 seconds.

Yup, I had one BG recently I was happy with because I almost hit 1 million healing in the BG. I was happy until I saw that was more then my entire team’s damage which was 750k.

If magblade is only good solo then that’s a design flaw.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 1, 2020 1:43PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
This discussion has been closed.