The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I HATE fragments system

• Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never before has an event made me want to just quit like this one has.

I was lucky enough to get 3 tickets per day and one box per day. Not once even after playing for hours upon hours a day did I get a second box drop.

I came in the event with 10 so got the berry right away. Already have all 4 feathers stored so don't need to purchase those.

As of today I received 36 tickets. I have spent all 36 of those on fragments; 7 fragments total. I am still missing 3 fragments!! Out of 12 boxes I got 4, a whole 4 freaking fragments. So unless I spend $40 for the tickets I won't get the void pet. I honestly thought when I started getting the grave stake with tickets that I would find the fragments in the boxes, never would I have imagined that I'd only get 4 out of 12 boxes. Sorrowfully I am one that normally would spend the $40, but as it falls, I simply don't have the extra cash right now to get it. I am asking in my guilds looking to buy the for gold but doesn't seem like anyone selling :(

I may be leaving ESO after all this time. I am finally for the first time completely disheartened.

It might be time for a break. The events are designed to have fun and there's nothing you really need out of them.

generally I love collecting, just this one has had the absolute worse and it almost seems impossible :(
    but yeah considering it hard right now

I did it and when I came back I was very refreshed. Worth considering! Check out Eastshade on steam, it's a very relaxing game about painting and storytelling
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Starlock wrote: »
    Welcome to ESO in 2020 - where players must pay to win event rewards instead of just playing the game to earn them!

Paid zero for the fragments. Completed both this morning. Spent event tickets on the berries. Have a base Indirik ready to evolve and enough feathers for another base one. I had to spend the event tickets I earned on fragments because I was going to lose tickets and with 2 days of tickets left I am still going to end up losing tickets with nothing to spend them on.

Everything was entirely doable with even the slightest amount of effort. I farmed extra boxes while doing the Rescuer achievement. Completed the fragments and that achievement at the same time.

With a little bit of effort? As if all it takes is work to obtain all the things needed to max out your spending of tickets? I don't know why you are claiming things that cannot be true, but you are. It's RNG, it has very little to do with effort. It's not as if your chances are 1 out of 100 and you do something 100 times and you get a part, RNG means you have a 1 out of 100 chance each time, so you could do something a million times and it never drops.

You claimed to have had enough tickets to spend event tickets on berries, enough feathers for another base Indrik, spent tickets on fragments and have 12 tickets so the next two days you are wasting tickets.

I'm calling you out, no way, not possible to purchase all you have claimed, let me explain why.

35 tickets for the momento total Minus any pieces that dropped for you, in my case, 6 pieces, so I only spent 5 tickets on that

35 tickets for the pet total Again, minus any pieces that dropped. I don't remember how many, but I think I bought 4 pieces, so I spent 20 tickets on that

40 tickets for all feathers for a base indrik total. I came in to the event with a full nascent indrik and 4 feathers, so 0 tickets for this (it's no longer possible to buy more feathers in advance) - 0 tickets

40 tickets for berries to evolve a base indrik total. There are only 3 berries available so far. I came into the event with 2 berries and 8 leftover tickets, so 2 tickets for this

All added up, that equals 150 tickets total. In my case, that adds up to 27

You can only earn a total of 39 tickets during this event.

150 - 39 = 111 ticket deficit, you are 111 tickets short of what you claim In my case 27-39 = 12 leftover tickets for the next event

Oh yeah, and I forgot, you said you have max tickets and will wast the last two days so that means you have 12 extra tickets extra

111 + 12 = 123 ticket deficit. To purchase and accomplish everything you have claimed, you would have had to make an extra 123 tickets that nobody else has access to this event.

When you claim something that cannot possibly be true, on a thread intended to express how the community feels about this event, you harm all of us. You are not being honest, and for what reason I cannot even imagine. It serves no purpose at all to claim things that cannot possibly be true, so why?

Phfffffffft

Please check your math against the fact that events have been going on for a year and a half by now. People have bought feathers and berries before the event started.

Read what the person I responded to stated, "Everything was entirely doable with even the slightest amount of effort" Everything was entirely doable, as if all those things were doable during this event.

"Paid zero for the fragments. Completed both this morning. Spent event tickets on the berries"

Not possible

If he had so many tickets left over from a previous event, any previous event, that means he didn't get all the items from previous events. Do you understand that? That would totally negate his comments on that basis alone.

When your intent is to argue the other side, you automatically disregard any information contrary to the point you want to make unless you make an effort to consider everything. Keeping an open mind is not an easy thing to do when your intent is disprove someone else.

Going by what the person I responded to stated, there is no possible way he could do all he claimed, even if he got a fragment every single day, and came into the event with 12 tickets from the last event. He even admitted he spent tickets on fragments so as not to lose them, so he didn't get a drop every day.

Do the math, figure it out, is it possible to get 14 fragments in 13 days, nope. Is it possible to get 7 fragments for a momento or pet, yes it is, is it probably, again no it isn't. Some people might but it's very rare.

When people state things that are not true, and assert they are, it harms the community as a whole, it's easy for ZoS to allow these misconceptions to continue so they don't have to fix the issues we their customers and players have with the way they do these events. So the only way to combat incorrect and wrong information is to call those people who promote it out on their statements that are untrue and misleading. Every time!

It is possible to get 14 fragments in 13 days because the boxes have chances on 2 or even 3 fragment pieces. So if you could stop lying about this topic and check what I bolded I think it would be better for everyone.

its also possible to buy a single crown crate and get an apex mount of it. probability of that actualy happening? quite low.

just becasue something is technicaly possible - doesn't mean it will happen for everyone that way, because possible =/= guaranteed.

incidentally. my steam account got lucky. i did need to buy a few fragments, but rng was kind and I ended up collecting both pet and memento AND bought a berry. my main account? after buying most of the pet fragments, because they refused to drop and getting couple of memento drops (which honestly, i found surprising as rng refused to give me anything outside of vendor trash for an entire week) - I'm still 2 fragments short to complete the memento. there is one day left. and I am NOT going to get enough tickets to buy both fragments. so... there's that.

P.S. yes its fluff. time limited fluff. its not technically needed to play the game. but if we are going to talk about EARNING rewards, hiding them like that behind disheartening rng while simultaneously selling currency to guarantee rewards on crown store? a bit iffy. not quite kosher.

Comparing the drop rate on rune fragments to an apex mount isnt an apt comparison. People seem to want to get everything and they also think it should be handed to them. They dont seem to realize that's the game ZOS wants you to play, time spent.

I'm missing 3 fragments for the memento but, that's not bad rng you and Zos wants to keep you around for next year so you still have stuff to do.

They arent hiding anything, the pet's cool but I mean all these people saying they'll quit. Is it worth waiting over a pet?

oh I really hate this argument.. people want things handed to them. NO. people are perfectly find to work for things they want, but how. HOW DO YOU OVERRIDE RNG?

before if rng hated you - you could work towards gold, or making relationships with people so that you could TRADE for the missing pieces. with this event? you can "work" every day, grind and grind and grind, and STILL not be able to complete the rewards, because rng was not kind. its pretty muhc exactly like apex mount in that its possible to get lucky, but its NOT guaranteed by far. there are a LOT of people who even with doing event every day, farming tickets and boxes EVERY DAY. will not be able to complete rewards.

yes, its bad rng. and no, its not going to keep people around for next year. releasing interesting, engaging content is what keeps people around for next year.

blocking people from rewards via rng? pushes people away. YES its worth quitting a game over something that makes it less fun. something that feels so unrewarding and frustrating.
    Edited by Linaleah on March 2, 2020 8:53PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Evilspock
    Evilspock
    ✭✭✭✭
    agreed it is garbage, when you can’t even earn the stupid emote and pet without spending crowns. And since you can buy all the tickets with crowns, you don’t even need to participate in the event.
    🖖 @EvilSpock |PC/NA| ✦ Guildmaster: Vulcan Commandos |AD| ✦ https://youtube.com/@vulcan_commando
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evilspock wrote: »
    agreed it is garbage, when you can’t even earn the stupid emote and pet without spending crowns. And since you can buy all the tickets with crowns, you don’t even need to participate in the event.

If nothing else, this is solidifying my sentiment that this is probably going to be my last year bothering with this game. It's a good game, but with how much predatory monetization has been ratcheted up I've just had it. I've already halved my spending on this game from a year ago, but if this sort of thing continues - and I have no reason to believe that it won't - that halving is going to go to zero.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evilspock wrote: »

It is garbage, but lets also remember that it is (as you said) just a "stupid" emote and pet. (Sidebar: that pet is really strange. Feels really out of place if you ask me, but whatever)

Not really the end of the world. I think the best thing we can do is collectively NOT buy a bunch of event tickets on the last day of the event to send the message that this crap wont work. Haha
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to ESO in 2020 - where players must pay to win event rewards instead of just playing the game to earn them!

Paid zero for the fragments. Completed both this morning. Spent event tickets on the berries. Have a base Indirik ready to evolve and enough feathers for another base one. I had to spend the event tickets I earned on fragments because I was going to lose tickets and with 2 days of tickets left I am still going to end up losing tickets with nothing to spend them on.

Everything was entirely doable with even the slightest amount of effort. I farmed extra boxes while doing the Rescuer achievement. Completed the fragments and that achievement at the same time.

With a little bit of effort? As if all it takes is work to obtain all the things needed to max out your spending of tickets? I don't know why you are claiming things that cannot be true, but you are. It's RNG, it has very little to do with effort. It's not as if your chances are 1 out of 100 and you do something 100 times and you get a part, RNG means you have a 1 out of 100 chance each time, so you could do something a million times and it never drops.

You claimed to have had enough tickets to spend event tickets on berries, enough feathers for another base Indrik, spent tickets on fragments and have 12 tickets so the next two days you are wasting tickets.

I'm calling you out, no way, not possible to purchase all you have claimed, let me explain why.

35 tickets for the momento total Minus any pieces that dropped for you, in my case, 6 pieces, so I only spent 5 tickets on that

35 tickets for the pet total Again, minus any pieces that dropped. I don't remember how many, but I think I bought 4 pieces, so I spent 20 tickets on that

40 tickets for all feathers for a base indrik total. I came in to the event with a full nascent indrik and 4 feathers, so 0 tickets for this (it's no longer possible to buy more feathers in advance) - 0 tickets

40 tickets for berries to evolve a base indrik total. There are only 3 berries available so far. I came into the event with 2 berries and 8 leftover tickets, so 2 tickets for this

150 - 39 = 111 ticket deficit, you are 111 tickets short of what you claim In my case 27-39 = 12 leftover tickets for the next event

Oh yeah, and I forgot, you said you have max tickets and will wast the last two days so that means you have 12 extra tickets extra

111 + 12 = 123 ticket deficit. To purchase and accomplish everything you have claimed, you would have had to make an extra 123 tickets that nobody else has access to this event.

When you claim something that cannot possibly be true, on a thread intended to express how the community feels about this event, you harm all of us. You are not being honest, and for what reason I cannot even imagine. It serves no purpose at all to claim things that cannot possibly be true, so why?

Phfffffffft

Please check your math against the fact that events have been going on for a year and a half by now. People have bought feathers and berries before the event started.

Read what the person I responded to stated, "Everything was entirely doable with even the slightest amount of effort" Everything was entirely doable, as if all those things were doable during this event.

"Paid zero for the fragments. Completed both this morning. Spent event tickets on the berries"

Not possible

If he had so many tickets left over from a previous event, any previous event, that means he didn't get all the items from previous events. Do you understand that? That would totally negate his comments on that basis alone.

When your intent is to argue the other side, you automatically disregard any information contrary to the point you want to make unless you make an effort to consider everything. Keeping an open mind is not an easy thing to do when your intent is disprove someone else.

Going by what the person I responded to stated, there is no possible way he could do all he claimed, even if he got a fragment every single day, and came into the event with 12 tickets from the last event. He even admitted he spent tickets on fragments so as not to lose them, so he didn't get a drop every day.

Do the math, figure it out, is it possible to get 14 fragments in 13 days, nope. Is it possible to get 7 fragments for a momento or pet, yes it is, is it probably, again no it isn't. Some people might but it's very rare.

When people state things that are not true, and assert they are, it harms the community as a whole, it's easy for ZoS to allow these misconceptions to continue so they don't have to fix the issues we their customers and players have with the way they do these events. So the only way to combat incorrect and wrong information is to call those people who promote it out on their statements that are untrue and misleading. Every time!

It is possible to get 14 fragments in 13 days because the boxes have chances on 2 or even 3 fragment pieces. So if you could stop lying about this topic and check what I bolded I think it would be better for everyone.

its also possible to buy a single crown crate and get an apex mount of it. probability of that actualy happening? quite low.

just becasue something is technicaly possible - doesn't mean it will happen for everyone that way, because possible =/= guaranteed.

incidentally. my steam account got lucky. i did need to buy a few fragments, but rng was kind and I ended up collecting both pet and memento AND bought a berry. my main account? after buying most of the pet fragments, because they refused to drop and getting couple of memento drops (which honestly, i found surprising as rng refused to give me anything outside of vendor trash for an entire week) - I'm still 2 fragments short to complete the memento. there is one day left. and I am NOT going to get enough tickets to buy both fragments. so... there's that.

P.S. yes its fluff. time limited fluff. its not technically needed to play the game. but if we are going to talk about EARNING rewards, hiding them like that behind disheartening rng while simultaneously selling currency to guarantee rewards on crown store? a bit iffy. not quite kosher.

Comparing the drop rate on rune fragments to an apex mount isnt an apt comparison. People seem to want to get everything and they also think it should be handed to them. They dont seem to realize that's the game ZOS wants you to play, time spent.

I'm missing 3 fragments for the memento but, that's not bad rng you and Zos wants to keep you around for next year so you still have stuff to do.

They arent hiding anything, the pet's cool but I mean all these people saying they'll quit. Is it worth waiting over a pet?

oh I really hate this argument.. people want things handed to them. NO. people are perfectly find to work for things they want, but how. HOW DO YOU OVERRIDE RNG?

before if rng hated you - you could work towards gold, or making relationships with people so that you could TRADE for the missing pieces. with this event? you can "work" every day, grind and grind and grind, and STILL not be able to complete the rewards, because rng was not kind. its pretty muhc exactly like apex mount in that its possible to get lucky, but its NOT guaranteed by far. there are a LOT of people who even with doing event every day, farming tickets and boxes EVERY DAY. will not be able to complete rewards.

yes, its bad rng. and no, its not going to keep people around for next year. releasing interesting, engaging content is what keeps people around for next year.

blocking people from rewards via rng? pushes people away. YES its worth quitting a game over something that makes it less fun. something that feels so unrewarding and frustrating.

They clearly aren't fine with working for things, if you were you'd be ok with the rng because it's the same as everything else in the game.

Yes, releasing engaging content keeps people around. EVENTS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE THAT CONTENT. THEY ARE MEANT TO BE FUN. If you're not having fun it's because you're not treating it like a fun event, you're treating it like a job. That's your own fault.

No one is being blocked, it is accessible to everyone and if you think it's worth quitting a game because an event didnt give you every prize it shows a lot about your character
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Phfffffffft

Not possible

They clearly aren't fine with working for things, if you were you'd be ok with the rng because it's the same as everything else in the game.

Yes, releasing engaging content keeps people around. EVENTS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE THAT CONTENT. THEY ARE MEANT TO BE FUN. If you're not having fun it's because you're not treating it like a fun event, you're treating it like a job. That's your own fault.

No one is being blocked, it is accessible to everyone and if you think it's worth quitting a game because an event didnt give you every prize it shows a lot about your character

/rubs temples.

1. its not the same unless we are talking about the all time favorite topic of complaints on this topic... you know, things not dropping despite copious farming. except. its even worse. you my not be guaranteed the weapon you want from VMA but at least you are guaranteed A weapon. with farming gold boxes, even first one is chance based. continuing to farm them is pointless
    2. the whole thing about this event is that its NOT fun. there is NOTHING fun about it. the event comes down to grinding old content. so.. i didn't. after questing a bit for a day, thinking I'll combine the fun with grind and getting no drops out of it, I reduced my participation in event to an equivalent of brushing my teeth. not a job. just a quick in an out for some trash killing, until tickets drop. because there is nothing fun about this event. no new quests. no interesting challenges. not even farmable rewards. just pure chance with very little engagement.

accessible is such an interesting word. lets talk about accesible. if you live, lets say, near Chanel store. it is technically accessible to you. you can walk in to it. whether you can afford anything in it - that's a different story. for a lot of people, technicaly event is accesible. but because "event" is so rng based - they cannot actualy complete the rewards for it. you know, unless they pay extra.

and THAT. IS.. A PROBLEM. that this event turned into a monetanization scheme. because guess what. even in those rng events prior, you COULD BUT REWARDS FROM OTHER PLAYERS. YOU COULD TRADE YOUR DUPLICATES AND HAVE A MUCH BETTER CHANCE COMPLETING IT.

and ffs, its not about being given a price, its about BEING ABLE TO EARN THAT PRIZE. the fact that they are now essentially putting that price behind a monetanization scheme? YES. that's worth quiting the game over. it does say interesting things about YOUR character, or maybe what kind of games you are used to playing that you see nothing wrong with idea of putting these prizes behind cash shop instead of letting people earn them through gameplay.

P.S. i don't even know WHAT to think about the fact that for you fun and engaging are two different, mutually exclusive things....
    Edited by Linaleah on March 3, 2020 3:46AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Phfffffffft

Not possible

/rubs temples.

1. its not the same unless we are talking about the all time favorite topic of complaints on this topic... you know, things not dropping despite copious farming. except. its even worse. you my not be guaranteed the weapon you want from VMA but at least you are guaranteed A weapon. with farming gold boxes, even first one is chance based. continuing to farm them is pointless
    2. the whole thing about this event is that its NOT fun. there is NOTHING fun about it. the event comes down to grinding old content. so.. i didn't. after questing a bit for a day, thinking I'll combine the fun with grind and getting no drops out of it, I reduced my participation in event to an equivalent of brushing my teeth. not a job. just a quick in an out for some trash killing, until tickets drop. because there is nothing fun about this event. no new quests. no interesting challenges. not even farmable rewards. just pure chance with very little engagement.

accessible is such an interesting word. lets talk about accesible. if you live, lets say, near Chanel store. it is technically accessible to you. you can walk in to it. whether you can afford anything in it - that's a different story. for a lot of people, technicaly event is accesible. but because "event" is so rng based - they cannot actualy complete the rewards for it. you know, unless they pay extra.

and THAT. IS.. A PROBLEM. that this event turned into a monetanization scheme. because guess what. even in those rng events prior, you COULD BUT REWARDS FROM OTHER PLAYERS. YOU COULD TRADE YOUR DUPLICATES AND HAVE A MUCH BETTER CHANCE COMPLETING IT.

and ffs, its not about being given a price, its about BEING ABLE TO EARN THAT PRIZE. the fact that they are now essentially putting that price behind a monetanization scheme? YES. that's worth quiting the game over. it does say interesting things about YOUR character, or maybe what kind of games you are used to playing that you see nothing wrong with idea of putting these prizes behind cash shop instead of letting people earn them through gameplay.

P.S. i don't even know WHAT to think about the fact that for you fun and engaging are two different, mutually exclusive things....

1) vMA's reward IS the weapons. The event's rewards ARE the strong boxes. You're subject to the same rng for your trait as you are your box's contents.

2) The event comes down to visiting old content and revitalizing it with players that might not head there. You're not supposed to grind it out like it's your job. None of the events add more content (nor should they), the events arent supposed to be challenging. It's odd that you're complaining there's no farmable rewards but in the same breath you also talk about how low the farming drop rates are. Choose one.

3) It sounds like you don't understand what accessible means. Accessible means everyone can access it, like a wheelchair ramp to a restaurant. It doesnt mean that just because you get into somewhere you are entitled to what they have.

4) It didnt turn into a monetization scheme, you can easily get the pet, memento and a berry or 2 if you have average RNG and dont impulsizely buy crap with tickets.

5) It doesn matter that you could trade before with players because you still have the same posts by the same people crying about the drop rates not being high enough or that they have to kill things for it.

6) I've earned 4 memento fragments, the pet, and 2 berries and I havent farmed a single extra crate nor have I tried to. You have all the tickets and rng you need. So not, it isnt worth quitting a game because you've got 90 other pets but you really needed the voriplasm one so it can sit in your inventory.

7) I can have fun with a cat and a laser pointer, that doesnt make it engaging so they can be mutually exclusive.

I like that you're trying to paint the content as not fun because they have an event around it a year after.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make all the assumptions you want. But I have gotten every item from every event without spending real money on tickets. For most events, I even miss the last day of tickets because I can't be bothered to log in Mondays before work. I even missed around 3 days of tickets from that juicy 5 ticket New Life Festival in Dec while on vacation.

Now, what this means is that I spend my tickets wisely each event to make sure that I can buy every feather and berry first, then the pets. Then I spend gold, usually earned during the events, to buy any missing pieces of fragments or motifs from other events that I was unable to earn through drops.

So yes, I came into this event with All available indrik evolutions, including the base indrik. All 4 feathers for another base indrik evolution. And the 2 berries for the new evolution. As well as 10 tickets.

Day one of the event I bought the third berry. And since there was nothing else in the vendor to buy other than the fragments, I was forced to buy 2 fragments a few days into the event.

And yes, by Saturday morning, I had both the pet and the memento complete. Saying that it isn't possible is the lie. And by Sunday I was past 12 tickets. Which means that once the next event rolls around, I will have my new indrik evolution right away, the base indrik again, and depending on what is in the vendor, the start of new feathers just in case there are more evolutions.

Then you are extremely lucky. I came into the event with 9 tickets, bought the third berry on day 1. Got fragments a few days, but then went 6 days with no fragments. I've had to purchase the majority of the fragments for the memento and pet.

As it stands now, I am going to be 1 fragment short for the pet with 3 tickets left. There is nothing I can do to change RNG and many folks have had equally bad luck, so you are clearly one of the lucky ones where RNG didn't screw you or put you in a position where you are forced to spend money to buy tickets to finish out the last fragment. If they are going to use RNG, the fragments need to be tradeable, not sure why anyone could oppose this. There is not combination of ticket use that could have prevented this, aside from me coming into the event with 12, though of course if I'd had one less fragment drop even coming in in with 12 tickets would not have helped me.
    Edited by huntgod_ESO on March 3, 2020 4:33AM
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dailies just reset, last chance for a box.

STILL missing two fragments for a memento.

only things i bought was a new berry and fragments, because they sure as heck didn't drop for me.

awesome event. so fun. so well done. so engaging. so rewarding. such transparent "buy tickets in crown store, if you want to finish out your collection"

to those of you who didn't have to and got lucky enough? that's very nice, but you were LUCKY. not everyone was that lucky.
    Edited by Linaleah on March 3, 2020 6:06AM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EVENTS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE THAT CONTENT. THEY ARE MEANT TO BE FUN.
    Events like current event are meant to make fun of players.
    Fixed that for you.

Now event is almost finished, one box a day at max, more then half of boxes are empty (with trash worms), 50 hours of re-downloading at the time of the event, and even if there was a fragment in the box, only once in all those days there were two fragments.
    Edited by Olauron on March 3, 2020 8:57AM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing I can do to change RNG

Yeah trying to grind out extra boxes was mostly futile, which is very frustrating for people who had lousy luck. And for people who couldn't attend most of the event days I imagine it looked hopeless from the get-go to complete one collectible. Not without buying tickets anyway.

In the past people grinded hard for rare box drops like the gold recipes during Witches. Maybe they overdid it and ZOS pulled back the drop rate for grinding. And also maybe ZOS was so blind to the blatant exploit that was posted on the forums... which may or may not be fixed this year. If it's not, I might just go there this year and get my 3 boxes every 30 seconds.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on March 3, 2020 9:05AM
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

Now event is almost finished, one box a day at max, more then half of boxes are empty (with trash worms), 50 hours of re-downloading at the time of the event, and even if there was a fragment in the box, only once in all those days there were two fragments.

The only people it makes fun of are the ones over exaggerating about their rng and counting boxes they didnt have as loses. I had no problem getting my collectibles with no additional tickets purchased. 50 hours does suck though
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed that for you.

The only people it makes fun of are the ones over exaggerating about their rng and counting boxes they didnt have as loses. I had no problem getting my collectibles with no additional tickets purchased. 50 hours does suck though

Do you want a reward or something? You got lucky and got all the pieces...that is great for you, many of us didn't, which is a problem with the way they implemented things, that you didn't have a problem is immaterial.

I got fragments from 5 boxes and had to buy the rest with tickets, I finished the event with 7 days in a row with no fragment. I tried to grind for extra boxes for 4 days, running around 4 hours killing in zone and never saw a second box.

I'm really unclear why you think folks are exaggerating or why you keep posting that you had no problems repeatedly on each thread about this.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed that for you.

Do you want a reward or something? You got lucky and got all the pieces...that is great for you, many of us didn't, which is a problem with the way they implemented things, that you didn't have a problem is immaterial.

I got fragments from 5 boxes and had to buy the rest with tickets, I finished the event with 7 days in a row with no fragment. I tried to grind for extra boxes for 4 days, running around 4 hours killing in zone and never saw a second box.

I'm really unclear why you think folks are exaggerating or why you keep posting that you had no problems repeatedly on each thread about this.

for the same reason why there are always some people rejecting that something might be wrong, just because they themselves didn't experience the issue. I don't experience an issue = there IS no issue in their eyes, regardless of the actual evidence to the contrary. which is why I'm not replying to that person anymore - its a waste of time.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed that for you.

I didnt get lucky lol. It's odd that my experience is immaterial, but yours and people like yours you regard as pure unquestionable truth. I

You say you got fragments from 5 boxes (I highly doubt this) but the real question is, how many fragments did you get from those 5 boxes because there was double and triple fragment drops from them. I only needed to buy 2 fragments for the memento but because I I ok not freak out and I plan how I use my tickets this was no problem at all because that was 10/39 tickets.

I'm not sure what makes it unclear, I had an actual unexagerated average experience during the event. I only farmed 1 a day from a WB so I put in as little time as possible getting them, I had 4 or 5 boxes with no fragments but also a couple with 2 fragments in them. I ended up with the pet, the memento, a berry, and I'm still up 2 tickets
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    RNG is RNG, so debating whether the event is "fair" or not based on one's own experience is folly.

Probably a more productive conversation is how many of us liked the strongbox/fragment combo. I personally do not like that the fragments aren't tradeable and due to a variety of reasons (like a vacation in the middle of the event) I have not obtained enough fragments for either item yet.

If I recall correctly, originally the berries and Indriks were ZOS's answer to complaints regarding the fact that special mounts could only be found via crowns or hard content. Working towards one of these mounts via the events was a way for "everyone" to be able to have a mount, even if one was a fairly casual player.

Well, at this point I barely ever have enough tickets to keep up and adding additional special items that can be bought with tickets is not true to the original goal of the system, imo, and doesn't align with the spirit of what events should be... also in my opinion of course.

Anyway, I think it is a real bummer for the folks who participated in the event and wanted the items and weren't able to complete them. Lots of content in the game is difficult and grindy but a token participatory reward for a community event shouldn't really be one of them.

No.

Its based on the laws of Odds and Probability. A friend of mine did his doctoral thesis on this topic.

And in this case, the Odds and Probability of being successful without paying cash money are low, and therefore, unfairly stacked against the customer.

IMHO

:#
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed that for you.

for the same reason why there are always some people rejecting that something might be wrong, just because they themselves didn't experience the issue. I don't experience an issue = there IS no issue in their eyes, regardless of the actual evidence to the contrary. which is why I'm not replying to that person anymore - its a waste of time.

No, it's because the people "experiencing the issue" are the same people replying in every thread every event no matter what the event entails. It's always "event too long, too short, not meaningful enough, not enough prizes, we can't earn enough prizes, I didn't get them all on day 1 it's a cash grab."

Not being able to reply to people shows a lot more about you and the truth and validity of what you're saying
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care for the fragments system either. I much prefer being able to trade or in the case of my guild give away duplicate components to those that need them. Even having the fragments make a runebox we can trade, sell or give away would be better than the current system. I can understand the fragments save bag space and I think make sense for something like the mounts where you accumulate them across multiple events. That doesn't mean is has to be used for everything, single event awards in particular.

I got the last fragment today to complete the memento and got a couple of fragments for the pet during the event. I never had more than one component in a drop nor per day. My congratulations to those who received more. IMO the rewards are kind of meh so I can't see wasting event tickets on something that will still be available the next time they run the event. That's my two cents worth which won't buy a single Crown in the Crown Store.
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    Fixed that for you.

No, it's because the people "experiencing the issue" are the same people replying in every thread every event no matter what the event entails. It's always "event too long, too short, not meaningful enough, not enough prizes, we can't earn enough prizes, I didn't get them all on day 1 it's a cash grab."

Not being able to reply to people shows a lot more about you and the truth and validity of what you're saying

Actually, this was the first event I had issues with. I am used to bad RNG I expect it, but this time it was just unbearable and made the event the absolute worst IMO. So you don't have to scroll, I did all 17 dailies everyday. I killed everything and looted every node on the way in-between the quests. I came in with 4 feathers saved and 10 tickets so got the berry right away. I spent all 36 tickets on fragment pieces. Not once did I get more than one yellow box on any day. Out of the 13 boxes I had received, 4 of them had a fragment piece. I dropped 750k for 15 tickets so I could get the booger pet. (I have the gold so why not). It's not like I wanted them handed to me, I was perfectly fine with grinding doing all 17 every single day, my beef is the RNG, there is no way anyone can see what effort I put in and say damn that is the worst of rng, and be telling the truth.
    Grave Mementos, Sacred Candles, and Envoy that Cover​
    Grave Expectations, Old Scrolls, and Mushrooms that Nourish
    Grave Circumstances, Antique Armour and Leather that Protects
    Old Baubles, Tools of Slaughter and Offerings That Hide
    Old Growth and Weight of Words(teeth) and Aloe that Heals
    Old Enemies and Grave Subject Matter
    17 dailies for 13 days (221 total) , 13 yellow boxes 4 fragments received
    sure this was fun event /sarcasm
    *edit to add, IF they had done like every other event, I could have traded or purchased the fragments but they changed that for the worse they made them bound and instantly added to collections

Edited by Merenwen_812 on March 4, 2020 2:14PM