The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I HATE fragments system

Nairinhe
Nairinhe
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
(I don't usually rant on forums, but when I do...)

I hate it even more than trash in once-per-day-per-account boxes. Almost whole event passed and I'm yet to see single pet fragment, but got almost whole stupid memento, single use for which is to stick it up the butt of the person who came up with this stupid idea, because I cannot event trade stuff I don't want for the suff I want!
Edited by Nairinhe on February 29, 2020 10:23AM
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've started to avoid these events like the plague. They not fun and I don't see the reward in the amount of effort required.

Edited by drkfrontiers on February 29, 2020 10:24AM
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love it and the RNG is great!
    I hope they make every event like this one.
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel ya.

Just bought the Indrik berries, filled up my event tickets, and never participated in this event again. RNG lootboxes and fragments system is nothing I'd enjoy.

And after the new spectral Indrik I'm also done with Indriks. Enough is enough.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fragments should be at least in tradable runeboxes...
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They serve a purpose, to take up space, you can buy more space on the crown store in the form of storage chest, mount storage upgrades or BristleBoar. Thank you come again.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH I thought you meant like the public dungeon ones that are BOE, as far as collecting other ones I actually like that they don't take up space lol most you just have to hold on to either unique 7 different ones or a stack of 10 same ones, I mean I have not gotten a Horned dragon motif for MANY MOONS even though I only need 3 more to complete all the sets rofl it's NOT rng in that cast that is not possible it stops giving you new ones for every person as you get more there is a hidden diminished return which I think must be bugged for sure
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    They serve a purpose, to take up space, you can buy more space on the crown store in the form of storage chest, mount storage upgrades or BristleBoar. Thank you come again.

...they don’t take up inventory space at all. At least not the event fragments the OP mentioned.

EDIT: now those fragments you mentioned in your second post, yeah those are obnoxious.
    Edited by doomette on February 29, 2020 10:50AM
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since when do fragments take up inventory space? When I receive one, it takes up no space in my character's inventory.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, what are you spending your tickets on?

The above is the downside of having them be tradeable. Do you know how many apple-bobbing parts we have in our guild bank?
    The Moot Councillor
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I hear ya. I stopped doing these events long ago. Haven't done a single thing with this one. Not worth the hassle to me.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    OP, what are you spending your tickets on?

The above is the downside of having them be tradeable. Do you know how many apple-bobbing parts we have in our guild bank?

Berry, pet fragments, then leave as much as possible for the next berry, but without drops I won't be able to get the pet

As for Halloween parts - you had the option to destroy them back then, or gift, or mail to strangers. Now you don't have any options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fragments make total sense for Indrik feathers and berries, which are acquired by player purchase and which are not transferable and where duplicate purchases are an expensive mistake, usually rectified by putting in a support ticket. They ensure players can’t make duplicate purchases and remove the berries/feathers etc from inventory.

They make absolutely no sense at all for random player pickup rewards. The rng nature of the pickups mean that players are very likely to acquire duplicates, which they are now unable to see or trade should they not desire them. This ultimately prevents players who really want the items from acquiring them from other players, forcing them to purchase offensively overpriced tickets from ZOS.

This then turns what should be a fun revisit of different areas of the game into an exploitative money grabbing experience. Murksploitation. And leaves the event soiled with a distinct feeling of abuse.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've started to avoid these events like the plague. They not fun and I don't see the reward in the amount of effort required.
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Yeah, I hear ya. I stopped doing these events long ago. Haven't done a single thing with this one. Not worth the hassle to me.

Honestly, events by themselves are fine with double drop and all. Good time to farm motif pages
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

I hate it even more than trash in once-per-day-per-account boxes. Almost whole event passed and I'm yet to see single pet fragment, but got almost whole stupid memento, single use for which is to stick it up the butt of the person who came up with this stupid idea, because I cannot event trade stuff I don't want for the suff I want!

They will receive your feedback, but in order for this to happen, you need to break it down into smaller parts and post them separately. They will reassemble the feedback once they get all of the pieces. :smile:

But, seriously, since the are storing the fragments in your collections, and you cannot trade them, they really should never give you a fragment you already have. They should always pick loot from the fragments you are missing.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's mystifying to me why these fragments aren't made trade'able and marketable. That way everyone can get them by buying them if they missed them and we can trade among friends for ones we don't have.

Ya, they designed this poorly in my opinion.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They got to your collection and dont take space
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped caring about this event the day they announced it was gonna drop during a whole client redownload lol

It's joke after joke to be honest. I feel the pain for those who like argonian lore it's like a double slap in the face for them.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Non combat pets are more like a badge that you payed money to have it, or suffered through an event to get the tickets for it, or got a drop on twitch, or from a daily reward. They serve no purpose other than cluttering up the view.

The momento, same thing, it serves no purpose and how many times are you actually going to use it anyway? I mean really, how many times have you used any momento?

The things you are rewarded with during events are just meh. They are so difficult to get with just drops that people end up using tickets. If you were only to use tickets for the fragments you will not make enough tickets to be able to purchase with them all the fragments for each item, let alone the Indric. If you get tickets every day during the event, you can obtain 39 tickets total.

It takes 7 fragments for one momento

It takes 7 fragments for one pet

14 fragments total, each fragment costs 5 tickets, 5 x 14 = 70 - 39 = 31 tickets short. This is not counting any tickets you spend on Indriks.

It takes 40 tickets for each indrik, so if you only spend your tickets on indrik fragments you are 1 ticket short of obtaining enough indrik fragments each event.

This system has been created to manipulate you into buying crowns and paying, 250 crowns per each ticket, for 1 ticket.

If you were just to buy enough tickets to cover the deficit of tickets needed to obtain both the momento and the pet, that would be 31 tickets x 250 crowns which would amount to the purchase of 7,750 crowns. Two 3,000 crown packs and one 1,500 crown pack comes to 64.97 USD and you will still be 250 crowns short.

Add the cost for an Indrik mount, you are talking about a lot more.

When ZoS calls something a festival, or an event the expectation is fun, happiness, prizes, rewards, unique items. What do we get? A wood stake and a useless non-combat pet plus frustration in not being able to obtain all the fragments for both, not being able to buy or sell them. And all this to cause frustration so you pay more money to buy more useless junk.

Best possible thing to do is forget about the events, ignore all the hype, it's all done to manipulate you to buy more crowns, to milk you like a cow for money. ZoS doesn't see you as a human being wanting to have fun, they see you as a cash cow they will milk for every entertainment dollar you might pay until you cannot pay anymore then they are done with you.

Until ZoS learns that people are not cash cows, that we expect and deserve them to give back to us the customers considering the kind of profit that is made off of ESO, I think we deserve far better.

Instead of getting what we deserve, we get a new update where ZoS thought a monster set needed to be nerfed so that a new monster set might encourage people to spend more money to buy ESO plus or the DLC or both.

Game mechanics are driven by over monetization, code intended to frustrate players when all we want to do is enjoy the game is purposefully employed to create a situation where players pay money to buy their way out of frustration. These events are more to generate profit, and to milk players for more money.

It's this very type of thing that will cause me to eventually leave this game. I don't want to, I enjoy the game, but when everything is driven by profit to the point it has become, and you are reminded of that on a constant basis, it doesn't make a person feel good.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The worst thing is you can tell it's a cash grab, because the only two Collectibles to have their fragments go into the Fragments tab are the ones you can only get during a single event that lasts 2 weeks out of the year. Literally every other Collectible split into fragments (aside from Indrik Feathers and Berries obviously) goes into your inventory and can be traded or sold, or require you to complete a certain number of writs that can also be traded or sold.
    Edited by Arunei on February 29, 2020 3:14PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    It's mystifying to me why these fragments aren't made trade'able and marketable. That way everyone can get them by buying them if they missed them and we can trade among friends for ones we don't have.

It’s about marketing. If they were tradeable, then we could easily get them all without having to resort to the crown store to buy tickets. Now both tickets and fragments are RNG-based, resulting in many more holes to fall through, and Support uses RNG as an excuse not to help.

Mystifying for a company that has traditionally offered a choice between spending time or spending money. Not so mystifying for a company that wants to make spending time alone not enough...
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just ignore them. I found the recent Murkmire event particularly easy to ignore. But then again I don't care for the idea of doing anything that requires sloshing through lizard sewage. :/
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »

I know. It is almost like some of the designers at ZOS have not quite firmly grasped this whole "multiplayer" concept. Bind on Pickup is very much a single player mindset, and ZOS seems to be running back to the idea that every player in the game has to do every task, personally, like this is all a single player game.

In reality, this:
    virtus753 wrote: »
    It’s about marketing. If they were tradeable, then we could easily get them all without having to resort to the crown store to buy tickets.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to ESO in 2020 - where players must pay to win event rewards instead of just playing the game to earn them!
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With this event they took the social aspect of MMO out. Don't group or you might lose drops, no way to trade with others... It's non sense.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I said this on another post, but there are really at least 3 ways that I know of that they have tried to deal with the fragments:

(1) Fragments remain in your inventory. Pro: they can be traded. Con: they take up inventory, sometimes for years.

(2) Fragments go straight to your collections menu. Pro: they don't take up inventory space. Con: you can't trade them.

(3) Fragments initially go to your inventory. If you click E to consume them, they move into your collections menu, but if you already have that fragment or don't want the item, you can sell or give them to another player.

Method #3 is clearly the superior approach, and they have tried it with one or two events this past year*, but for some reason now they have seemed to move away from it for this event, which is really too bad. I'm sure people will ascribe a sinister motive to that, but my hope is that they are just experimenting to see what works best, and if that's the case, they really should move back to Method #3.

(*I'm blanking on which items/events right now, but I distinctly remember thinking, oh, ok, this is GOOD, they should always do this.)
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    So, I said this on another post, but there are really at least 3 ways that I know of that they have tried to deal with the fragments:

(1) Fragments remain in your inventory. Pro: they can be traded. Con: they take up inventory, sometimes for years.

(2) Fragments go straight to your collections menu. Pro: they don't take up inventory space. Con: you can't trade them.

(3) Fragments initially go to your inventory. If you click E to consume them, they move into your collections menu, but if you already have that fragment or don't want the item, you can sell or give them to another player.

Method #3 is clearly the superior approach, and they have tried it with one or two events this past year*, but for some reason now they have seemed to move away from it for this event, which is really too bad. I'm sure people will ascribe a sinister motive to that, but my hope is that they are just experimenting to see what works best, and if that's the case, they really should move back to Method #3.

(*I'm blanking on which items/events right now, but I distinctly remember thinking, oh, ok, this is GOOD, they should always do this.)
    I think for number three you're thinking of the Mummy Cat Pet and the Peryite Costume that you get the pieces for from the one public dungeons in Northern Elsweyr. You can use each piece as you get them and once you've used 10 you unlock the Collectible. They did the same thing with that Skeleton Marionette memento from last year's Witches Festival. Those didn't go into your Fragment tab though, I don't think, they were tracked by the achievements I believe.
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG must be pretty varied... I got all of the jelly fragments and only missing 3 from grave stake. I actually prefer the fragment system then how it was previously... however that is entirely dependent upon the RNG I’ve gotten. I think they need to make it like a guaranteed 1 fragment per strongbox for everyone and it will be good.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RNG must be pretty varied... I got all of the jelly fragments and only missing 3 from grave stake. I actually prefer the fragment system then how it was previously... however that is entirely dependent upon the RNG I’ve gotten. I think they need to make it like a guaranteed 1 fragment per strongbox for everyone and it will be good.
    It would be nice if they did like @amapola76 said and have it to where you can consume fragments you might need for any given Collectible so you don't have random things taking up your inventory until you get all the pieces for them, but they still initially go into your inventory so you at least have the option of selling them or giving them to other people.

I also think and have been telling one of my friends that fragments should be a guaranteed drop from your first Strongbox each day. Give us the chance to actually earn both the rewards instead of having to either choose one over the other to work on (unless you get exceptionally good ring luck) or turn to the CS to buy tickets so we have enough to buy the pieces from the Impresario.

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, events by themselves are fine with double drop and all. Good time to farm motif pages
    ^ This.

Also, and it may just be me, but starting on Monday the drop rate for fragments improved. For the first few days, I was getting one Strongbox per day, with one fragment total over four days. And I was farming motif pages on multiple characters. So I though I should be getting more Strongbox per day, but no.

Starting Monday, I am getting one Strongbox per day, and four out of five days in a row, I get a fragment. I won't have enough events tickets to get both pet and momento, because of using tickets for the Indrik mount items, but I will have enough event tickets drop to get the Voriplasm pet. So the glass is half full ... :)