Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What are your feelings on Animation Canceling and LA Weaving

kathandira
kathandira
✭✭✭✭✭
I know we have had polls about Animation Canceling in the past. But I wanted to see where people's opinions stand based on the platform they play on.

Feel free to answer the poll, and also discuss what you like, or do not like about these things. Please state your platform when discussing the topic.
PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc

What are your feelings on Animation Canceling and LA Weaving 381 votes

I play on PC and I like Animation Canceling/LA Weaving
37% 144 votes
I play on Console and I like Animation Canceling/LA Weaving
12% 47 votes
I play on PC and I do not like Animation Canceling/LA Weaving
29% 113 votes
I play on Console and I do not like Animation Canceling/LA Weaving
7% 29 votes
It doesn't concern me either way
12% 48 votes
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neutral

Too many unnecessary arguments around it

• January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AC makes the combat feel dynamic for me (PC player here)

(P.S. thank you for making a poll that isn't horrendously biased and baiting :) )
    Edited by January1171 on February 12, 2020 5:39PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m on PC and don’t really think it’s a problem. I won’t be upset if it gets removed, but I don’t think it’s really worth getting worked up over either
    Edited by Stovahkiin on February 12, 2020 5:43PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AC makes the combat feel dynamic for me

(P.S. thank you for making a poll that isn't horrendously biased and baiting :) )

No problem = ) Thank you for answering the poll and providing additional feedback!
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like animation cancelling but hate how it’s implemented in this game. This is how most people feel like.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My assumption is that the poll will show that console players will show a dislike for it, and we'll see PC players being in favor of it. But I want to see what the community thinks.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would play with or without it.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Non-Issue. Real issue is why isn't there Boxty in the game yet.
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like animation cancelling but hate how it’s implemented in this game. This is how most people feel like.

Pretty much. Animation cancelling in some form is necessary. You want to be able to break out of animations/casts if you're in a bad situation.
    But... needing to "animation cancel" after everything? Ugh. Awful.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Potato Pancakes?
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play on PC but use a controller. I like ani canceling.
  • Floyd_Stash
    Floyd_Stash
    ✭✭✭
    i like this topic. i voted the yellow one!
    Cancel your subscription - Only buy store items with ingame gold.
    Accept the timesink, refuse the zenimax player-milking tactics!
    - You are NOT a cow! Stop acting like one!
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on PC but use a controller. I like ani canceling.

Thanks for adding that. Could have made for another 2 poll choices to add what input device one uses on PC, but then I think the poll would have had too many options. But really good to know this as well.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »

Potato Pancakes?

Yes, dang it. Damn things give you high bounties if caught stealing, pain to locate and cost to much at vendors, at least make them be made into something worth while and tasty. Plus goes great with Tullamore Dew.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it. It makes the fights fluid and dynamic. You're not stuck in animations when you have to react to the situation. It's beneficial in both pve and pvp. Since it's already a feature, it's here to stay i chuj.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like AC because it makes the fights a bit more dynamic. :smiley:
    But I would like if the game would teach it to newer players. I only learned it because I just wasn't doing damage and someone from my guild explained me how to ac and to do rotations. :smile:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Floyd_Stash
    Floyd_Stash
    ✭✭✭
    i play on pc and use both keyboard mouse and xbox controller.
    keyboard and mouse usually for hardcore gameplay and xbox when i just wanna lean back in my chair and do some quest.

I find animation canceling an unimmersive, obviously unintended and therefore annoying game mechanic.
    Can vouch for 2 friends irl that have literally shelfed this game before any expansions or dlc's were bought for the same reason.

Why am i here? because i happened to stumble on my tiny molag bal statue. I haven't thought about this game in years other than that. It's not a bad game, some designer choices i disagree with like factions not being able to meet eachother outside of cyrodill etc.. but all that i'm able to accept.
    Seeing a whole community pretend that an exploit is in fact a feature. Unacceptable. If we all do this we might aswell join ranks with scientology right away. Tom cruise certainly knows how to act like nothings wrong.
  • Envvy
    Envvy
    ✭✭✭
    Keep animation cancelling in the game, it makes the game so much more fun in fights. Can’t do it? Not our problem. Either learn or don’t do hard content.
    Flawless Conqueror. PS5/PC CP:1K+.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use AC but i dont like it. With crap performance, many players have problems to take advantage from that.
    Its legit for those who defend it, first because they find themselves "special" for mastering it and second they dont want to lose that entitlement.
    If AC was removed, half players would leave , but another half would come and stay.
    Edited by gepe87 on February 12, 2020 6:07PM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's inconsistent based on how much lag you have, pretty poor in ESO.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much hate LA weaving and I dislike the way animation canceling implemented. canceling animation should cancel ability, IMO. however.. i'm under no illusion that current mode of combat will ever change. its been too long and its now part of ESO identity. removing it will be not unlike NGE for Star wars galaxies, but on a larger scale. all I can hope for is that they somehow miraculously manage to balance combat in a way that makes heavy attack builds similarly viable or something like that.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Floyd_Stash
    Floyd_Stash
    ✭✭✭
    lalala no idea how this ended up here..
    Edited by Floyd_Stash on February 12, 2020 6:11PM
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3 it

makes combat faster and harder to master
    PC
  • Floyd_Stash
    Floyd_Stash
    ✭✭✭
    Also it's a bit weird to have a poll in a place where the majority of players that would vote to dislike it are actually not even playing this game anymore and have absolutely no reason to browse this forum.
    The poll is rigged if you ask me.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lalala no idea how this ended up here..

Erm, not gonna be remembered, since the same topic is created at least once a week.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what i think about it:
    05b41f7c321da230a9b7df608fd7a892.jpg
    Edited by themaddaedra on February 12, 2020 6:21PM
    PC|EU
  • stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it, but i wish they streamlined the animation times a bit to make it more accessible. Dwindling player base for end-game is never good.
    Edited by stevenyaub16_ESO on February 12, 2020 6:15PM
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    My only concern is that I wish zos taught players how to do it at the start of the game instead of me having to teach it to 810+ players who cant beat vma or pull 30k dps. Please make it a tutorial and not a blink and you'll miss it loading screen tip. im tired of 95% of this game not knowing how to play this game.
  • TheRealCherokeee3
    TheRealCherokeee3
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an console player and I like LA ani canceling....only because it at least helps us get past the aggravation that is combat in ESO. Plus all the cool kids overwhelmingly like it so you have to like it or get stoned and run out of Tamriel as an outcast lol.
    I usually joke combat in ESO feels like olympic ribbon dancing. Looks pretty but it's a ton of movement and effort just to punch someone in the face. Can I just....like hit a button and do the skill without having to impart Wushu techniques on my controller? lol. In any case ani canceling is here to stay no doubt so I'll take it.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like it because it makes fights more interesting and dynamic in both PvP and PvE. I feel like I have more control over my gaming and my own skill growth. My skill in game runs parallel with the amount of time I'm willing to invest in learning and practicing a rotation. Just clicking skills, one after the other, with no ability to fill the spaces between, sounds mind-numbingly boring to me. To each their own though. No one is forced to use it.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero