The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tested necromancer. Second WORST iteration of necromancer of my entire gaming life

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raising corpses might work in a single player game but it wont work in MMO's for many practical reasons. Some boss fights dont even have adds, what should the dps necro's do in these situation? In other fights there are dozens of adds, resurrect them all and you dont even have to fight the boss. And thats only speaking from a PVE standpoint, PVP would be even more impossible to balance. Necromancers not surrounded by dead would basically be helpless if the skills were more in line with the common lore.

The current solution is a good compromise between a single player lore Necromancer and something like Dark Mage seen in MMO's. You can drain killed enemies and summons for strong effects so there definitely is a different feel to the class but you're not completely reliant on finding a corpse to be successful in a fight.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Necromancer is neither good nor evil. A fallen Necromancer is evil. Elif does necromancy when interviewing Jorun about his murderer. Mannimarco does evil necromancy when reviving corpses for his personal gain. Any player has many talks to ghosts and skelletons. You can see this when looking at the Lich. He has a conterpart called Archlich or maybe Baelnorn. Both are non-evil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necromancy

In that regard the ESO Necromancer isnt that bad.
    Edited by mague on January 31, 2020 7:09AM
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raising corpses might work in a single player game but it wont work in MMO's for many practical reasons. Some boss fights dont even have adds, what should the dps necro's do in these situation? In other fights there are dozens of adds, resurrect them all and you dont even have to fight the boss. And thats only speaking from a PVE standpoint, PVP would be even more impossible to balance. Necromancers not surrounded by dead would basically be helpless if the skills were more in line with the common lore.

The current solution is a good compromise between a single player lore Necromancer and something like Dark Mage seen in MMO's. You can drain killed enemies and summons for strong effects so there definitely is a different feel to the class but you're not completely reliant on finding a corpse to be successful in a fight.

That's where all the corpse gen Necro has comes in.

What's this "finding a corpse"? My summoner's bone armor and suicidal skeleton generate 2 corpses very easily. If they really wanted to, they could of given necro even more abilites that generate corpses that aren't summons.

Though I do think they could still have the mage/ghost like we currently have work without a body, but why not have certain summons that can *only* be summoned via corpses? Like 1-3 of them? And are probably stronger than just dealing dmg every 2 seconds or healing.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer is mechanically just reskinned Warden, so what else were you expecting...
    Also, yes. New gen classes suck. If we ever get another class, I hope it will not follow 3-1 boring pattern.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

That's where all the corpse gen Necro has comes in.

What's this "finding a corpse"? My summoner's bone armor and suicidal skeleton generate 2 corpses very easily. If they really wanted to, they could of given necro even more abilites that generate corpses that aren't summons.

Though I do think they could still have the mage/ghost like we currently have work without a body, but why not have certain summons that can *only* be summoned via corpses? Like 1-3 of them? And are probably stronger than just dealing dmg every 2 seconds or healing.

I was referring to common lore where Necromancers dont summon monsters out of thin air but only raise the dead around them. OP doesnt like the fact that Necromancers can summon armor that leaves a corpse for example.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with the OP... tried necromancer and it doesn't really feel like I am playing a necromancer.
    Their "support" skill line should have been focusing on debuffing the enemy, they could use more summons (even if they aren't permanent).
    I guess what I was hoping for is more akin to the necromancer enemies that we fight....
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Noxavian
      Noxavian
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      I have to agree with the OP... tried necromancer and it doesn't really feel like I am playing a necromancer.
      Their "support" skill line should have been focusing on debuffing the enemy, they could use more summons (even if they aren't permanent).
      I guess what I was hoping for is more akin to the necromancer enemies that we fight....

Which makes sense! Considering enemy nightblades use nightblade skills, enemy fighters/templars use templar or dragon knight skills.

There is literally 0 reason why the necromancer class shouldn't be able to do what NPC necros do.
    • Coppes
      Coppes
      ✭✭✭✭

Which makes sense! Considering enemy nightblades use nightblade skills, enemy fighters/templars use templar or dragon knight skills.

There is literally 0 reason why the necromancer class shouldn't be able to do what NPC necros do.

All enemy necromancers do is just summon one enemy (which dies very very easily), regen it’s health with a interruptible cast, and commit suicide which buffs enemies.

Also, throw out the occasional blue-cyan-black tinted staff blast.
    • Slimebrow
      Slimebrow
      ✭✭✭
      Yeah I agree but for me the visuals of skills are such a let down. They have more of that spooky generic green Halloween glow.

I was also hoping they would add an Ice skill line with death theme to it sorta like sorcs lightning skill line but it was such a let down I didn't even bother with necros in ESO. Also the pet summons just don't seem that appealing for me to even take the class they just again generic Halloween mobs. Also the scythe skill really bugs me for some reason just because I feel like its so out of place in TES.

The majority of the necro skill visuals just look sooo bad man.

The base classes have a nice theme to them with the different element types attached to each of them. IMO if they stuck to that theme it would have been such a better choice. Like necros could have had more of a gory theme mixed with ice magic & dark magic or something.

Overall just go sorc if you want a better necro experience. :/
      Edited by Slimebrow on January 31, 2020 1:17PM
    • CAB_Life
      CAB_Life
      Class Representative
      max_only wrote: »
      They had to take into consideration the multiplayer aspect.

Just you with your army of skellies is fine, but multiply that by even 3 people and there is a problem.

I support your suggestion that necromancy should bring up other ways of finishing quests or at the very least cause different npc dialogue.

I’m guessing you’re not familiar with the sorc “zookeeper” builds we have in abundance these days?
    • max_only
      max_only
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      CAB_Life wrote: »

Just you with your army of skellies is fine, but multiply that by even 3 people and there is a problem.

I support your suggestion that necromancy should bring up other ways of finishing quests or at the very least cause different npc dialogue.

I’m guessing you’re not familiar with the sorc “zookeeper” builds we have in abundance these days?

They’re a problem lol
      #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
      #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
      || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
      ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    • Brandathorbel
      Brandathorbel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Anhedonie wrote: »
      Necromancer is mechanically just reskinned Warden, so what else were you expecting...
      Also, yes. New gen classes suck. If we ever get another class, I hope it will not follow 3-1 boring pattern.

i think warden is great. Has almost every major buff and debuff along with a skill that boosts your speed. Great for a player that likes to enjoy the game and not really do endgame trials.
    • fastolfv_ESO
      fastolfv_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i honestly feel like the class was rushed and created by someone who was trying too hard to be creative when a necromancer is very straightforward
    • TheTwistedRune
      TheTwistedRune
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I agree that the Necromancer was a disappointment. If you look through various official streams and Q&A's about it (and I have) you will see their design philosophy was flawed from the outset.

Their primary goal was to design for it to be "different from a sorcerer" rather than what lore and previous games have indicated necromancers should be. The problem with this design philosophy is that it effectively removed what being a necromancer is all about, undead minions and pets. Their answer to this was to supply temporary pets or "turrets" to try and fill that massive void left by such a design decision. While better than no pets at all, it is hardly adequate, and has left many campaigners for the class feeling disappointed, and the class itself lacklustre, with a peculiar set of odd skills for the most part.

There is NO valid reason IMO for not having a permanent pet or reanimated dead, apart for the reason stated above. And if that is reason enough they should not have bothered doing a necromancer, because such a large part of it usual mechanics are missing.

Most of us are were not asking for more than one or two pets, so from a technical standpoint that is not a problem. From a lore perspective having permanent pets is no issue either, even though I have heard points to the contrary. Just go to the wiki and you will see raising a skeleton or corpse is pretty much the first thing a necromancer learns in ESO lore. All NPC's are surround by their minions.

Imagine a Nightblade (aka assassin) not having cloak or any assassination skills? Imagine a Templar (aka healer) not having healing? Etc. Removing such core skills and they cease to be what they are supposed to be in all but name.

If people like ZOS' take on the Necromancer fine, I'm happy for you. I still play the class and it will still be my main. But I can't help but be sad by thinking what might have been...

Edited by TheTwistedRune on January 31, 2020 1:26PM
    • stewhead2ub17_ESO
      stewhead2ub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Acrolas wrote: »
      Not quite sure what you expect. In your past similar thread you said, "I was thinking in purchase this expansion but honestly will skip."
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/465536/necromancers-with-only-2-short-duration-pets-and-stamina-morths-why-most-disappointment-class-ever/p1

It's one thing to have buyer's remorse; happens to us all. It's another to criticize something before it's released because it's not what you wanted, say you're not going to purchase it because it's not what you wanted, and then criticize it after you buy it because it's not what you wanted. ESO designed the necromancer around its approach to classes and the balance of classes, not the approach of other, different products with different teams and different objectives. It works in its context. A class that offers a different type of gameplay experience but can still be used in ESO game roles without negatively impacting PVP.

The necromancer class is not going to be revised into what you want it to be. But it's still a valid class option and fun to play. It's up to you to decide how to make peace with its competitive restraints, now that you've gone ahead and purchased it.

^ ^
      This. OP is busted. I also find it amusing when people seem to feel that every game's classes have to be the exact same because they share a common name, i.e. "Necromancer, Sorcerer, etc." I appreciate each individual title putting their own spin on what a particular class should be. Moving on.
      Edited by stewhead2ub17_ESO on January 31, 2020 1:34PM
    • mandala78
      mandala78
      Soul Shriven
      Everquest 2 has my favorite version of necromancer. Permanent pet (tank, rogue, or mage options), several temporary swarm pets (summon a horde of undead dogs, summon a horde of skeletons, summon a zombie that does AoE damage) in addition to the permanent pet, and the option to be able to charm an undead mob to be your pet. Disease spells, life taps, strength taps, lifeburn, some small heals, they get a resurrection spell, can feign death to drop aggro...they're pretty awesome. The necro in ESO was not what I was expecting/hoping for.
    • L0rdV1ct0r
      L0rdV1ct0r
      ✭✭✭
      What's wrong with the armor in this game?

Doesn't look like armor. Look more something that someone would wear in a Brazilian Carnival than actual armor
      while the corpse mechanic is innovative i(...)

There are a lot of games with CORPSE mechanics
      xaraan wrote: »
      (...)
      Frost mage is your favorite? Uhhh, who wants to tell him about Wardens?

He's not going to be happy.

Din't liked much and i would't pay a DLC only for the class. I prefer see the Morrowind location in Morrowind. I only play TESO to experience locations that i could only experience on Arena.

I only by looking to skill line, there aren't a SINGLE skill lice Ice Lance, Frost Wave, Ice Explosion, Hailstorm, Summon Golem, Time Bubble(...) that i could use on G3 https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Winter's+Embrace+Skills

Here is my G3 gameplay

Warden is also another awful class.

Ice spear/Ice Spike was one of the most popular Frost Destruction mage spells on Skyrim. Why ZERO spells like it?
    • Kiralyn2000
      Kiralyn2000
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      L0rdV1ct0r wrote: »

Doesn't look like armor. Look more something that someone would wear in a Brazilian Carnival than actual armor

The examples you showed as "good" fit that description much better than anything in this game.
      Much of the time (again, outside of someone using crazy dye colors) I find the armor in this game to be very low-key compared to most games. Lots of armor that actually seems like 'armor'. And the vast majority of the costumes are actual clothing.

So, yeah. No idea at all what you're talking about.

(now, if you'd been referring to, say, the 'armor' in TERA, I'd be right there with you.)

...and really, if you say "Necromancer" to me, I either picture a dude in black Sith robes; or covered in black/grey tattered cloth, rusted chain, and All The Skulls.
    • Kahnak
      Kahnak
      ✭✭✭✭✭

(...)

Din't liked much and i would't pay a DLC only for the class. I prefer see the Morrowind location in Morrowind. I only play TESO to experience locations that i could only experience on Arena.

I only by looking to skill line, there aren't a SINGLE skill lice Ice Lance, Frost Wave, Ice Explosion, Hailstorm, Summon Golem, Time Bubble(...) that i could use on G3 https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Winter's+Embrace+Skills

Here is my G3 gameplay

Ice spear/Ice Spike was one of the most popular Frost Destruction mage spells on Skyrim. Why ZERO spells like it?

"And here's another thing I hate about this game!"

Didn't you already say in another thread that you were going to skip this chapter? But you bought it anyway, and now you're complaining? Sounds like you should be playing something else.
      Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
    • exeeter702
      exeeter702
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I miss my aoc necro with all her little donut holes faithfully at my side ready to strike.
    • L0rdV1ct0r
      L0rdV1ct0r
      ✭✭✭
      Kahnak wrote: »

(...)

Here is my G3 gameplay

Didn't you already say in another thread that you were going to skip this chapter? But you bought it anyway, and now you're complaining? Sounds like you should be playing something else.

I wasen't expecting a almost 70% discount. Only by it i picked the DLC. And purchased only by the new locaton. If i could play this new location with Morrowind mechanics, i would NEVER pay for this DLC.
    • Nomadic_Atmoran
      Nomadic_Atmoran
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You know how much unrealistic work that would be? The base game alone has 300 hours of content. For the developers to go back and rework quests through out the base and DLC/Chapters would be a massive undertaking.

By this logic every class should have its own variety of unique quest interactions.
      Penniless Sellsword Company
      Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
      Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
      Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
      Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

All enemy necromancers do is just summon one enemy (which dies very very easily), regen it’s health with a interruptible cast, and commit suicide which buffs enemies.

And yet they feel more like how a necromancer should be, even with such a limited skill set. Seriously, they could have created a better and more interesting necromancy skill line by just making it a new staff skill line rather than wasting their time with a new class.

The problem is ESO's design philosophy of "no two classes can play the same and each class must be viable as DPS, tank and healer".

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • Anumaril
        Anumaril
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        As much as I loved that ZOS finally added Necromancers to ESO, I couldn't help but feel a bit underwhelmed by how they turned out.

1) I was expecting at least one permanent pet. For me, summoning daedra is what feels like it should be a temporary summon, sending hordes of daedra at your enemy, resummoning them often. Necromancy on the other hand has the feeling of permanence to it, though this is of course just my subjective opinion on the subject.

2) Necromancy is known for raising minions, so I figured there would be at the minimum more than 2 combat minions we could summon (3 if you include the morph of the necro healing ulti 'Summon Blastbones'; spirit healer isn't a combat minion so I'm not counting that one here).

3) Out of the 2 combat minions we get, none are melee. I had hoped to send my minions running, swords in hands, at my enemies. But instead I have one "melee" minion that just runs and dies immediately. So in reality we have 1 ranged minion (which is stuck as looking like a skeleton mage if you want to be a magicka necro), and a miscellaneous minion that dies instantly on constant with the enemy.

4) But most importantly, as the OP mentioned, the "necromancer fantasy" is missing from the class. I don't very much like the idea of "summoning" my undead minions to begin with, I much prefer raising them from my slain enemies, but unfortunately summons are all we get in ESO.
        The spells that create corpses (the summonable minions) are precisely the ones that should consume them. To raise a skeleton I should need a corpse on the ground first. Several abilities that previously consumed corpses could be inverted to create them instead in order to make up for this change to minions, such as the ability 'Graveyard' (which if you think about it, would certainly make sense if a "graveyard" gave a corpse). I know it sounds like a small change to the class, but it truly would do wonders to make the necromancer class truly feel like a necromancer, and if I'm being honest, if all my other suggestions (#1-3) went ignored and only this one (#4) were implemented, I would be ecstatic and satisfied with the class.
        The only minion ability that necros have which consume corpses is the necro healing ultimate 'Summon Blastbones', and that's only if you choose to take that morph, which no builds do since the other morph is better in every way. Because of how that ultimate works I LOVE using it, and truly feel like a necromancer when I do, but the high ultimate cost makes it something I barely get to utilise, even when playing alone.
        Even a reduction of that morph's ultimate cost by half (or more) would do wonders in bringing back some of the necromancer fantasy. To balance this proposed change you could remove the ultimate's mechanic of resurrecting players and increase the number of blastbones you can summon with the ultimate, turning the morph into a DD morph (which means that the ultimate would have a healing morph and a dd morph--this essentially changes nothing for healers since the 'summon blastbones' morph is never used in any build atm).
      • max_only
        max_only
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I’m disappointed there isn’t a puking zombie like npcs have.

However.

This community is vehemently against pets and pet classes. They hate Sorc pets. They hate warden pets. And they would hate a permanent necro pet. They hate pets. Maybe it’s because of pathing, blocking, coding, whatever, the people who Zos listens to hate pet classes in this game.
        #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
        #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
        || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
        ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
      • jircris11
        jircris11
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Sadly ppl are taking necromancer out of context, not EVERY necromancer us a one man army (would make gameplay unbalanced. Look at guild wars 1 and 2 for examples) necromancer is someone who deals with death not undead. Eso gives you 3 "simmons" one blows its self up the other 2 hang around for a bit. If they where permanent pets imagine the bounty you would rack up. Let's face it ppl are too stupid to remember to unsummon pets, and thus would complain about a bounty. As for the support line, rebuffing enemies is not an actual SUPPORT as it does not heal allies. Eso took holy trinity to its max, support must heal. So you have healing skills, a bit off for necro but once again if they did not gave one people would complain as well. In the end players are sheep they have no clue what they truely want, only what they think they do.
        IGN: Ki'rah
        Khajiit/Vampire
        DC/AD faction/NA server.
        RPer
      • L0rdV1ct0r
        L0rdV1ct0r
        ✭✭✭

You know how much unrealistic work that would be? The base game alone has 300 hours of content. For the developers to go back and rework quests through out the base and DLC/Chapters would be a massive undertaking.

By this logic every class should have its own variety of unique quest interactions.

Yep. It will not happens. Note that Arcanum had only TEXT dialog. Voice act 300 hours of content would be a nightmare.

But a necromancer's guild would be welcome IMO
        I’m disappointed there isn’t a puking zombie like npcs have.

However.

This community is vehemently against pets and pet classes. They hate Sorc pets. They hate warden pets. And they would hate a permanent necro pet. They hate pets. Maybe it’s because of pathing, blocking, coding, whatever, the people who Zos listens to hate pet classes in this game.

Even if is the case, is a fault of the devs, not the pets. Diablo 2 had necromancers with hordes of undeads and no server problems.

Keep in mind that skeletons are a criminal act, so necros will not be bloking NPC's on city with a undead army. They will be forced to dismiss any pet that they have.

Dark Magic on M&M VI
        Reanimate: Costs 20 spell points. Reanimate allows casters to raise a lifeless creature from the dead.

Normal: Creature gets 10 hit points per skill point (up to creature's maximum).
        Expert: Creature gets 20 hit points per skill point.
        Master: Creature gets 30 hit points per skill point.

Toxic Cloud: Costs 30 spell points. A poisonous cloud of noxious gases is formed in front of the caster and moves slowly away from the characters. The cloud does 25 points of damage plus 1-10 per skill point and lasts until something runs into it.

Normal: Moderate recovery rate.
        Expert: Faster recovery rate.
        Master: Fastest recovery rate.

Mass Curse: Costs 40 spell points. Inflicts the cursed condition on all monsters in the sight of the caster.

Normal: Duration 2 minutes per skill point.
        Expert: Duration 3 minutes per skill point.
        Master: Duration 4 minutes per skill point.

Shrapmetal: Costs 50 spell points. Fires a blast of hot, jagged metal in front of the caster, striking any creature that gets in the way. Each piece inflicts 6 points of damage plus 1-6 per skill point.

Normal: Moderate recovery rate and 3 fragments.
        Expert: Faster recovery rate and 5 fragments.
        Master: Even faster recovery rate and 7 fragments.

Shrinking Ray: Costs 60 spell points. Shrinks even the grandest of monsters to more manageable sizes. Duration of this spell is 5 minutes per skill point. A shrunken monster deals one half, one third, or one quarter its normal damage while shrunk.

Normal: Reduces monster size to half.
        Expert: Reduces monster size to one third.
        Master: Reduces monster size to one fourth.

Day Of Potection: Costs 70 spell points. Simultaneously casts Protection from Fire, Electricity, Cold, Poison, and Magic, plus Feather Fall and Wizard Eye on all characters according to caster's skill in Dark Magic.

Normal: All spells cast at twice skill in Dark Magic.
        Expert: All spells cast at three times skill in Dark Magic.
        Master: All spells cast at four times skill in Dark Magic.

Finger of Death: Costs 80 spell points. Attempts to immediately slay a single creature by stripping its soul from its body. Finger of Death has a 3% chance per skill point of working, with Experts and Masters getting 4 and 5% chances respectively.

Normal: 3% chance of success per skill point.
        Expert: 4% chance of success per skill point.
        Master: 5% chance of success per skill point.

Moon Ray: Costs 90 spell points. A powerful spell of Darkness, Moon Ray heals the characters and damages all monsters in sight. It doesn't do a lot of damage or cure conditions, but it is the only spell that harms all monsters in sight and works outside. Moon Ray is restricted to working outdoors and at night. All monsters take 1-4 points of damage per skill point, and all characters heal 1-4 points of damage per skill point.

Normal: Slow recovery rate.

Dragon Breath: Costs 100 spell points. Dragon Breath empowers the caster to exhale a cloud of toxic vapors that target a single monster and damage all creatures nearby. This spell is the most powerful damage spell in the lands, doing 1-25 points of damage per skill point.

Armageddon: Costs 150 spell points. This spell is the town killer. It can only be cast once per day by Apprentices to Dark Magic, and only outdoors at that. Armageddon inflicts 50 points of damage plus 1 point of damage for every point of Dark skill the character has to every creature on the map, including all the characters.

Normal: Works once per day.
        Expert: Works twice per day.
        Master: Works thrice per day.

Dark Containment:
        Costs 200 spell points. This spell attempts to trap the force of darkness into its victims, hence the name Dark Containment. The target of the spell will suffer from random effects- though certain creatures are immune to this spell.

IMO Necromancers should have at least REANIMATE, ARMAGEDDON, TOXIC CLOUD, MOON RAY, MASS CURSE and DRAGON's BREATH, SHARPMETAL and FINGER OF DEATH. FoD would be hard to implement on ESO since enemies are much more bullet spongee, so any OHK spell would be too overpowered.
        jircris11 wrote: »
        Sadly ppl are taking necromancer out of context, not EVERY necromancer us a one man army (would make gameplay unbalanced. Look at guild wars 1 and 2 for examples) necromancer is someone who deals with death not undead. Eso gives you 3 "simmons" one blows its self up the other 2 hang around for a bit. If they where permanent pets imagine the bounty you would rack up. Let's face it ppl are too stupid to remember to unsummon pets, and thus would complain about a bounty. As for the support line, rebuffing enemies is not an actual SUPPORT as it does not heal allies. Eso took holy trinity to its max, support must heal. So you have healing skills, a bit off for necro but once again if they did not gave one people would complain as well. In the end players are sheep they have no clue what they truely want, only what they think they do.

Pets are ONE ASPECT of necromancy. That is WORST than Sorcerer and Warden Curses and other things are ALSO lackluster on ESO.

And Guild wars 1/2, i never played BUT there are countless of multiplayer games with multiple summons that works FINE.
        Edited by L0rdV1ct0r on January 31, 2020 6:16PM
      • Zardayne
        Zardayne
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Another MMO that had multiple summons was in City of Villains when the Mastermind class came out. You could have a swarm of pets with you. It 's been awhile so I pulled this off of their wiki to show how many choices you had in what you summoned..

[*] Beast Mastery
        [*] Demon Summoning
        [*] Mercenaries
        [*] Necromancy
        [*] Ninjas
        [*] Robotics
        [*] Thugs

cohbestmmtop.jpg

• Noxavian
        Noxavian
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

Ok, and?

Why can't we summon 1 enemy and channel a buff or something into it?
      • Kahnak
        Kahnak
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Kahnak wrote: »

(...)

Here is my G3 gameplay

I wasen't expecting a almost 70% discount. Only by it i picked the DLC. And purchased only by the new locaton. If i could play this new location with Morrowind mechanics, i would NEVER pay for this DLC.

Still sounds like you should be playing something else. Why would you play a DLC that you would never pay for and then get upset that it subverted your expectations?
        Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"