Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – July 29

Tested necromancer. Second WORST iteration of necromancer of my entire gaming life

L0rdV1ct0r
L0rdV1ct0r
✭✭✭
One big problem not only for necromancer but for everything on ESO is the "carnavalesque" armor.

Example? Those are necromancers on daggerfall (King of worms and a guard)
DF-npc-King_of_Worms.pngDF-npc-Necromancer_Guard_03.png

And this are necromancers on ESO.
eso-necromancer-class-elder-scrolls-online-wiki-guide.png

Visual aside. only Dragon Age Inquisition managed to create a worst type of necromancy. The games with the best necromancy IMO are : Arcanum (You can even talk with spirits to solve quests in a different way, can animate corpses, etc), Diablo 2(can use nasty curses, reanimate enemies, etc) and Might & Magic 8 - Day of the destroyer(can become a lich, put enemies under nasty curses, reanimate enemies, etc). Among the mmo genre, Ultima online has the best necromancy followed by Age of Conan. I don't consider AoC necromancer a top tier iteration due the high amount of cooldowns and "Wow clonification" of the game. Still much better than 99,9% of mmos.

But looks to ESO.
  1. Even SORCERER has more curses than the necromancer and still only one curse
  2. Sorcerer also has more perma pets
  3. Necromancy is not lore friendly. Conjuration on Skyrim allow you to reanimate corpses and the strength of the corpse that you can reanimate varies with perks and the spell. On ESO, most skills that should consume corpses are in fact generating corpses(eg - skeleton mage)
  4. This skills that generate corpses, there are ZERO reason to why bone armor would generate a corpse after few seconds.
  5. And all corpses felt the same, is not like D2 where the corpse explosion scales with corpse hp.
  6. There are no progression on anything "non damage" related. Instead of starting the game with a single weak skeleton and ending with an horde, you always can summon a temporary skeleton mage or suicide skeleton

I confess that it was a HUGE disappointment for me. Necromancer is my second favorite mage type on fantasy RPG's, losing only to the Frost/Water mage. And IMO Gothic 3 has the best water mage. G3 also adopted the "only one summon limit" thing that i hate(except for army of darkness dark magic spell)
jiv9faL.png
TU0X1Q5.png

One of the biggest problems that i have with 99,9% of mmos(ESO included) is that game mechanics are completely dissociated from the game lore/worldbuilding and class fantasies. The necromancer class doesn't looks like a necromancer that i would see in a novel, movie, etc. Looks like a generic "tank", generic "dps" and generic "healer"... No, i was not expecting a in deph necromancy, where you can learn some type of "daedric" language and can learn all types of dark magic, insta kill enemies who fail a save, use complex reagent to customize your pets and etc But i was expecting at least something more akin to Age of Conan.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had to take into consideration the multiplayer aspect.

Just you with your army of skellies is fine, but multiply that by even 3 people and there is a problem.

I support your suggestion that necromancy should bring up other ways of finishing quests or at the very least cause different npc dialogue.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • L0rdV1ct0r
    L0rdV1ct0r
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Just you with your army of skellies is fine, but multiply that by even 3 people and there is a problem.

I think that a "pet point" like UO and AoC have would be amazing. Or if you for eg, conjure a "skeleton squad" BUT mechanic wise, the "squad" is just a single pet. And make the ultimate a creation of a undead army... As for a skeleton army, almost all necro mod for TES V skyrim increases the limit and gives customizations of the pets.

PS : Pets are just one aspect of necromancy who is bad. The lack of curses and a more "dark" type of magic is another problem.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite sure what you expect. In your past similar thread you said, "I was thinking in purchase this expansion but honestly will skip."
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/465536/necromancers-with-only-2-short-duration-pets-and-stamina-morths-why-most-disappointment-class-ever/p1

It's one thing to have buyer's remorse; happens to us all. It's another to criticize something before it's released because it's not what you wanted, say you're not going to purchase it because it's not what you wanted, and then criticize it after you buy it because it's not what you wanted. ESO designed the necromancer around its approach to classes and the balance of classes, not the approach of other, different products with different teams and different objectives. It works in its context. A class that offers a different type of gameplay experience but can still be used in ESO game roles without negatively impacting PVP.

The necromancer class is not going to be revised into what you want it to be. But it's still a valid class option and fun to play. It's up to you to decide how to make peace with its competitive restraints, now that you've gone ahead and purchased it.
    signing off
    Options
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support your suggestion that necromancy should bring up other ways of finishing quests or at the very least cause different npc dialogue.
    I remember that for some the different NPC dialogue is there but I guess it's not the case for all of them.
    L0rdV1ct0r wrote: »
    Visual aside. only Dragon Age Inquisition managed to create a worst type of necromancy. The games with the best necromancy IMO are : Arcanum (You can even talk with spirits to solve quests in a different way, can animate corpses, etc), Diablo 2 (can use nasty curses, reanimate enemies, etc) and Might & Magic 8 - Day of the destroyer (can become a lich, put enemies under nasty curses, reanimate enemies, etc). Among the mmo genre, Ultima online has the best necromancy followed by Age of Conan. I don't consider AoC necromancer a top tier iteration due the high amount of cooldowns and "Wow clonification" of the game. Still much better than 99,9% of mmos..
    The reason why Necromancers are 'limited' in comparison to what you might in games such as Divinity 2 is due to the game. In this world you're suppose to be the 'good guy' and not the bad, if you were evil you would never have had to go through a good number of questlines in the game after all. But not only that, it's also because of the limitations of the engine and servers, so the types of spells that can summon 100+ skellies is just straight outta the question. As for the talk to the spirits, yeah I don't see an issue with that but then they'll have to go and add completely new scenarios to good majority of the questlines in the game just for that class. Which considering this is Zenimax after all, the company that waited 5 years to finally fix Vampires. I don't see them going to that extent happening anytime soon.
    One big problem not only for necromancer but for everything on ESO is the "carnavalesque" armor.

While Halbards aren't a playable weapon in ESO and there is no way to go shirtless in the game without taking off your armor and also the options for capes not being a thing anymore. You can recreate that look ingame with the right motifs.
    One of the biggest problems that i have with 99,9% of mmos(ESO included) is that game mechanics are completely dissociated from the game lore/worldbuilding and class fantasies. The necromancer class doesn't looks like a necromancer that i would see in a novel, movie, etc. Looks like a generic "tank", generic "dps" and generic "healer"... No, i was not expecting a in deph necromancy, where you can learn some type of "daedric" language and can learn all types of dark magic, insta kill enemies who fail a save, use complex reagent to customize your pets and etc But i was expecting at least something more akin to Age of Conan.
    Since you talk about it so much I'd figure i'll post a video that goes into depth about the class but i couldn't find another video that does that though outside of this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJm67rd8E1Y
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • L0rdV1ct0r
    L0rdV1ct0r
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    (...)It works in its context. A class that offers a different type of gameplay experience but can still be used in ESO game roles without negatively impacting PVP.(...)

I din't purchased the DLC only for the necromancer. I was wanting to see how this region of the map and purchased the DLC with discount. Din't purchased before got massively discounted and payed less than 1/3 of the base price

And is not impossible to have a proper necromancer and PvP.

Ultima Online DID it
    Age of Conan DID it
    Diablo 2 DID it
    Mount & Blade Fantasy Calradia mod DID it

PS : I know that they will not reverse necromancer. I an only saying that is the second worst iteration.
    1mirg wrote: »
    The reason why Necromancers are 'limited' in comparison to what you might in games such as Divinity 2 is due to the game.

I din't mentioned dos2. I din't liked dos2 exactly because only one summon, cooldowns, ultra limited range for weapons, mmo style itemization, in general, the game has the same problems of mmos without any benefit of the "massive" scale...
    Edited by L0rdV1ct0r on January 31, 2020 1:08AM
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Visual aside. only Dragon Age Inquisition managed to create a worst type of necromancy. The games with the best necromancy IMO are : Arcanum (You can even talk with spirits to solve quests in a different way, can animate corpses, etc), Diablo 2(can use nasty curses, reanimate enemies, etc) and Might & Magic 8 - Day of the destroyer(can become a lich, put enemies under nasty curses, reanimate enemies, etc). Among the mmo genre, Ultima online has the best necromancy followed by Age of Conan. I don't consider AoC necromancer a top tier iteration due the high amount of cooldowns and "Wow clonification" of the game. Still much better than 99,9% of mmos.

But looks to ESO.
    3. Necromancy is not lore friendly. Conjuration on Skyrim allow you to reanimate corpses and the strength of the corpse that you can reanimate varies with perks and the spell. On ESO, most skills that should consume corpses are in fact generating corpses(eg - skeleton mage)
    4. This skills that generate corpses, there are ZERO reason to why bone armor would generate a corpse after few seconds.
    5. And all corpses felt the same, is not like D2 where the corpse explosion scales with corpse hp.
    6. There are no progression on anything "non damage" related. Instead of starting the game with a single weak skeleton and ending with an horde, you always can summon a temporary skeleton mage or suicide skeleton

I confess that it was a HUGE disappointment for me. Necromancer is my second favorite mage type on fantasy RPG's, losing only to the Frost/Water mage. And IMO Gothic 3 has the best water mage. G3 also adopted the "only one summon limit" thing that i hate(except for army of darkness dark magic spell)
    jiv9faL.png
    TU0X1Q5.png

People who are like "they had to take MulTiPlaYeR" into consideration are the same people that don't know Death Knights in WoW can get up to like 12-15 undead at once. Yet it's a....multiplayer game :thinking: It seems people have forgotten that us being able to temporary summon a little army (maybe 5-8, and that's being generous.) undead for like 20 seconds would not break the game.

Also not to mention literally EVERY BASIC necromancer we fight in the MMO has cool undead curses, buffs, and summons. Why can rando necro #7689 summon 2 zombies that run at me, yet I can't do that? I really feel like all the Necro class needs is a summon for the tank skill line.

Whoever designed this class must be something special to miss their own design pattern. There's a summon for Gravelord that deals dmg, a summon for living death that heals, why not give Bone tyrant the ability to summon a zombie? Skeletal warrior? Mini bone colossus? Even if it's temporary.

Also not having to conjure undead from corpses DESPITE HAVING A CORPSE MECHANIC is the most stupid design choice I have ever witnessed. Why even have a corpse mechanic at that point?

Another good point is the severe lack of dark magic-like skills. Why do we have a scythe skill? (This and the grave grasp skill are my least favorite skills. The siphon abilities follow up behind them because they are very lazy in terms of design. When I think of a Necromancer I totally imagine sucking from a corpse /s) What happened to the life-leech skill that was in it's place on the concept art? What happened to the bone spikes???
    Options
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well from the look of it, zos must have played diablo 3 and then just used half of its necro skills with small tweaks. its sad how much copy and pasted some of the skills are
    Options
  • L0rdV1ct0r
    L0rdV1ct0r
    ✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    well from the look of it, zos must have played diablo 3 and then just used half of its necro skills with small tweaks. its sad how much copy and pasted some of the skills are

They should copied D2 necro(note : Diablo 2 and Path of exile HAS PvP and proper necromancers). D3 necro is awful. His curses are extremely lackluster. This game is actually D3 without perma pets and curses and note that the pets/curses of D3 is very lack luster compared to D2

You can turn a Item into a Iron Golem and the golem absorbs the item proprieties

latest?cb=20080811202040

I did a golem who apparently was immune to all elements(but some mobs can break it)

Unfortunately the unique thing that D3 did right(blood magic), Zenimax din't copied....
    Noxavian wrote: »
    (...)Also not to mention literally EVERY BASIC necromancer we fight in the MMO has cool undead curses, buffs, and summons. Why can rando necro #7689 summon 2 zombies that run at me, yet I can't do that? I really feel like all the Necro class needs is a summon for the tank skill line.

(...)
    Also not having to conjure undead from corpses DESPITE HAVING A CORPSE MECHANIC is the most stupid design choice I have ever witnessed. Why even have a corpse mechanic at that point?

Yep. I an not sure, but i heard that GW2 necro can have a lot of minions and curse enemies too.
    Edited by L0rdV1ct0r on January 31, 2020 1:25AM
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I dislike about Necros in ESO is their lazy skill design. What do I mean by that? Well, I just don't think we need to have 3 different beam skills that do slightly different things. Having three doesn't create any interesting play patterns that you wouldn't get with one or two and so now you just pick which of the three you happen to like the most, when they could have all been the same skill but different morphs.
    The Mender, Mage and Archer are essentially the same skill too, but at least it makes sense to have one for damage and one for protection rather than having both Bitter Harvest and Restoring Tether heal you.

I would have liked to see ZOS create a class that's not actually summoning its own corpses but I can understand why they didn't, since there are a ton of fights with just a boss and no adds to leave corpses behind.

Not complaining about the nonpermanent pets or small number of them though. That's accurate because you need more preparation for more minions in TES, which you don't have, unless the BBEG of the day comes into your player home to threaten you.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But looks to ESO.

jiv9faL.png
    TU0X1Q5.png

I'd recomend putting a list of what you think is wrong, so I f zos sees it, they can take it in to account, never the less, I agree. necromancers are terrible.
    they have no permanent pets which is a disappointment to me
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this is one of those times where ignorance is indeed bliss. I've not played a Necromancer in any game other than ESO so was not aware they sucked in ESO. Consequently I have been having a lot of fun on my Necromancers.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't used mine in a while. Is blastbones still incredibly pointless?
    Options
  • L0rdV1ct0r
    L0rdV1ct0r
    ✭✭✭
    wolfbone, my list
    1. Corpse mechanics that makes no sense like D3
    2. No pets - """pets""" are more direct damage spells or DoT spells than pets
    3. No curses
    4. No a "dark" type of magic
    5. No feeling of being a master of life and death
    6. No differentiation from regular magic
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I guess this is one of those times where ignorance is indeed bliss. I've not played a Necromancer in any game other than ESO so was not aware they sucked in ESO. Consequently I have been having a lot of fun on my Necromancers.

LOL... The DLC still worth the discounted price since the new location is amazing. If was up to me to review the DLC, i would give 9/10 to the new location and 1/10 to the necromancer.

Pets - 1/10 and they aren't pets, they are DoTs and direct damage dealers
    Curses - 0/10 - No curses
    Theme - 3/10 - Only because feel skills are a crime.

The unique aspect that i see ESO necromancy being better than AoC necromancy is that on AoC i can walk into streets of cities of societies who hates magicians with an undead army and nobody cares.
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Haven't used mine in a while. Is blastbones still incredibly pointless?

Only tested a little. Deal too little damage and costs way to much mana. Not worth the cost.
    Options
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Not quite sure what you expect. In your past similar thread you said, "I was thinking in purchase this expansion but honestly will skip."
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/465536/necromancers-with-only-2-short-duration-pets-and-stamina-morths-why-most-disappointment-class-ever/p1

It's one thing to have buyer's remorse; happens to us all. It's another to criticize something before it's released because it's not what you wanted, say you're not going to purchase it because it's not what you wanted, and then criticize it after you buy it because it's not what you wanted. ESO designed the necromancer around its approach to classes and the balance of classes, not the approach of other, different products with different teams and different objectives. It works in its context. A class that offers a different type of gameplay experience but can still be used in ESO game roles without negatively impacting PVP.

The necromancer class is not going to be revised into what you want it to be. But it's still a valid class option and fun to play. It's up to you to decide how to make peace with its competitive restraints, now that you've gone ahead and purchased it.

BcH5nnt.gif

Edited by Vicinia on January 31, 2020 2:42AM
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The part about curses

They gave sorcerer and Nightblade the curse skills. When they did that at launch they weren’t planning on releasing necromancer. They only released necro because the homework was mostly done for them already and they need a big selling point. Look at this current chapter, and what they came up with when the homework wasn’t already done.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    The only thing I dislike about Necros in ESO is their lazy skill design. What do I mean by that? Well, I just don't think we need to have 3 different beam skills that do slightly different things. Having three doesn't create any interesting play patterns that you wouldn't get with one or two and so now you just pick which of the three you happen to like the most, when they could have all been the same skill but different morphs.
    The Mender, Mage and Archer are essentially the same skill too, but at least it makes sense to have one for damage and one for protection rather than having both Bitter Harvest and Restoring Tether heal you.

I would have liked to see ZOS create a class that's not actually summoning its own corpses but I can understand why they didn't, since there are a ton of fights with just a boss and no adds to leave corpses behind.

Not complaining about the nonpermanent pets or small number of them though. That's accurate because you need more preparation for more minions in TES, which you don't have, unless the BBEG of the day comes into your player home to threaten you.

Well put. Tethers are especially aggravating with how easily they break on obstacles/terrain.
    Options
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    EverQuest easily had the best necro class.
    Options
  • L0rdV1ct0r
    L0rdV1ct0r
    ✭✭✭
    The part about curses

They gave sorcerer and Nightblade the curse skills. When they did that at launch they weren’t planning on releasing necromancer. They only released necro because the homework was mostly done for them already and they need a big selling point. Look at this current chapter, and what they came up with when the homework wasn’t already done.

Yep. But NECROS should have more curses than sorcerers or nightblades
    kalimar44 wrote: »
    EverQuest easily had the best necro class.

Can you use nasty curses? Have multiple summons?

For me, the best necro in cursing is D2, the best in pet summoning is from PF:KM, the best from offensive capabilities are Necromancers/Dark Mages on Gothic series.

Anyway, one thing that i love on older games is the design. Enemies aren't "carnavalesque" wow like.

On daggerfall
    DF-creature-Lich.gif

DF-creature-Vampire.gif

Both are high level enemies(vampire and lich)
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

But looks to ESO.

jiv9faL.png
    TU0X1Q5.png

People who are like "they had to take MulTiPlaYeR" into consideration are the same people that don't know Death Knights in WoW can get up to like 12-15 undead at once. Yet it's a....multiplayer game :thinking: It seems people have forgotten that us being able to temporary summon a little army (maybe 5-8, and that's being generous.) undead for like 20 seconds would not break the game.

The difference is that WoW is actually pretty well polished performance-wise, while ESO has a potato netcode that lags like crazy, especially the EU server where it has issues all the time.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
    Options
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancy is not lore friendly. Conjuration on Skyrim allow you to reanimate corpses and the strength of the corpse that you can reanimate varies with perks and the spell. On ESO, most skills that should consume corpses are in fact generating corpses(eg - skeleton mage)

It's a bit ironic to use gameplay from one game as an argument for lore to discredit the gameplay of another game. Skeletons you summon in Skyrim also didn't consume corpses either and since Necromancer in ESO doesn't reanimate dead bodies the corpse creation makes sense.

Gameplay mechanics have to be created within the limitations of the game. Considering that I think it's actually a rather well rounded and designed class in ESO. Skills interact with each other, the skill lines make sense and passives are meaningful. The only real issue the class has are the bugs/clunkiness. Necromancy in Skyrim also has many limitations from the limited amount of spells that are incredibly boring, to NPCs ignoring you running around with undead minions and the small amount of undeads you can only summon.

The only saving grace necromancy has in Skyrim is that it's Skyrim and you can use mods to enhance that experience, because base game necromancy is pure lazy design.

You can shorten your entire post to "The Necromancer class in ESO doesn't fullfil my fantasy of playing as a Necromancer". Please stop throwing platitudes like "it's lore breaking" or "it's bad design" around because they add absolutely nothing to your argument.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, one thing that i love on older games is the design. Enemies aren't "carnavalesque" wow like.

I truly have no idea what you mean by this.

What's wrong with the armor in this game?

(I played WoW back in vanilla & BC. Random technicolor clown suits are something I've seen before. Outside of the people who like to dye their armor with pink & lime green, I've not seen that in this game.)

edit: and going back and looking at your examples - bare chested musclebuilder with bright red cape. King of worms in... bright red cloak. The busty lich with the high-slit skirt. Those all seem more "carnival" outfits compared to the ESO example you gave (which seems very 'necromancer' to me)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on January 31, 2020 5:04AM
    Options
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see your point and you have my sincere sympathy, but...

ESO is not Diablo
    ESO is not WoW
    Eso is not GW2
    ESO is not Ultima Online
    ESO is not Candy Crush
    ESO is not yo' Momma
    ESO is not dead, Jim
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while the corpse mechanic is innovative i do say that more curses and a constant undead thrall is something i really expected... im especially still salty about the later to be honest - i get the lore reasoning but there would be ways to get around it...

I would have loved for example one ultimate being a constant undead thrall that you can then evolve in either a lich (magic) or draugr death lord (stamina)
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    while the corpse mechanic is innovative i do say that more curses and a constant undead thrall is something i really expected... im especially still salty about the later to be honest - i get the lore reasoning but there would be ways to get around it...

I would have loved for example one ultimate being a constant undead thrall that you can then evolve in either a lich (magic) or draugr death lord (stamina)

That would of been SO COOl. That should of honestly been the Gravelord ult. The fact that the Gravelord skill line doesn't have an ult that summons undead is practically a crime.
    Options
  • berzerkdethb14_ESO1
    I agree. It's the first time I played a necromancer in a game I didn't like. The entire concept is silly.

SPOOPY SKELETON HEADS AND TOMBSTONES OoooOOoOoooooooooooooOOOooo

where are the zombies? the rot? the decay?

this is basically ESO necromancer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1dSY6ZuXEY
    Edited by berzerkdethb14_ESO1 on January 31, 2020 6:12AM
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. It's the first time I played a necromancer in a game I didn't like. The entire concept is silly.

SPOOPY SKELETON HEADS AND TOMBSTONES OoooOOoOoooooooooooooOOOooo

where are the zombies? the rot? the decay?

it's there.

It's just on the NPC necromancers

(:
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to me the core of a necromancer has always been about summoning and debuffing...coupled with ice magic in elder scrolls...while i have levelled 3 necromancers, i never play them...
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    to me the core of a necromancer has always been about summoning and debuffing...coupled with ice magic in elder scrolls...while i have levelled 3 necromancers, i never play them...

I told my friends that necros in ESO cant summon zombies and they literally thought I was joking. I had to show them the skill list to get them to believe me.

That's how badly designed this class is. I would actually argue some of the current necromancer abilities would fit more on Sorcerer's dark magic skill line than in necromancer.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had to take into consideration the multiplayer aspect.

There’s not really a problem though. For ESOs engine maybe but other games already do this:

- WoW Demonology Warlock (can have a dozen or more of permanent / short-term pets at the same time)

- Guild Wars 2 Necromancer (can have 5-6 permanent pets at the same time)

It’s the god awful pet AI system in ESO that makes this a problem, the engine is limiting. And even then are Necromancer pets just awful. One permanent skeleton wouldn’t be too much honestly. I know they went another root but why are the short-term pets then so useless and weak?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer is my second favorite mage type on fantasy RPG's, losing only to the Frost/Water mage.

Frost mage is your favorite? Uhhh, who wants to tell him about Wardens?

He's not going to be happy.
    Edited by xaraan on January 31, 2020 7:00AM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options