The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please give NB a viable defensive PvP alternative to cloak. Or give us our burst back.

• Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... is this a bad time to try out Magblade for a PvP build? Always liked that "Blood Mage" aesthetic...

Go for it, it may not be the best and it's probably the class with the steepest learning curve, but it's fun as hell. I just made a melee magblade like the the good old days and I'm having a blast, sure I die a lot, but I kill a lot of people as well.

In the end its a game and all about having fun and if magblade seem like fun to you, go for it :)
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly why I dont have faith in ZoS.

How can you go from this?

Summon a dark spirit to terrify up to 2 enemies, causing them to flee in fear for 4 seconds. After the fear ends, their Movement Speed is reduced by 53% for 2 seconds and they are afflicted with Minor Maim, reducing their damage done by 15%.

To this.

Summon a dark spirit to terrify up to 6 enemies, causing them to cower in fear for 3 seconds.

We got Templars out here with an off balance, stun + gap closer, meanwhilst Nightblade built in class fear takes 1 GCD then your follow up with Bow/Incap which has a .4 so basically once you fear your target has 1.4s to break free n roll dodge and counter your lackluster nerfed delayed abilities.
    Stamblade Main.
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    These guys at ZoS don't test the game, they don't listen. Its easier for ZoS to gather new nooby players then cater for the vets who have been expeiencing the terrible performance for 2 years. They want new players as they will more likely use the Frown Store than Vets who know for a fact that they won't spend a penny on this abysmal state of a AAA game.

3,000 (£25/£30) crowns per character for a skill like that I grinded on another toon? No chance.

I would rather throw £25 for easily 3/6 months of Xbox Game Pass that has over 500 games for us on demand.

Fix the game, fix performance and remove cast times/travel times as these are RUINING Nightblade.
    Stamblade Main.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    JinxxND wrote: »
    I don't think they will ever give a stealth class a burst heal cause that could be pretty broken with the ability to already reset the fight and adding a spammable burst heal I'm guessing you guys are imagining like the templar breath of life or pet heal on magsorc, they definitely could increase the heals they have though on hots though with the new dmg mitigation

Solution for that is pretty easy, give NB reliable burst heal for other morph of cloak. So you can have burst heal OR invisibility. Easy peasy

They stated when the changed dark cloak to its current state that it was changed to give less of a burst heal and create more of a hot with it so that would be going back on what they just did and said in doing so.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    NB healing via vigour is fine, even Path from Shadow tree is a terrible skill; the heal sucks as does the damage morph; both morphs suck huge Arabian slong. Considering Templar AOE heal gives more health, snares opponents and cleanses allies just shows that these cats dont wanna undo what has been done

Getting hit with an Incap/Bow to death is the players fault, purifying light/sweeps and jab spammed procking burning light every half second is okay though. I like your way of thinking.
    Stamblade Main.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price nb pays for having cloak and shadow image in current forms.
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Cloak is and always will be a L2P issue,the game is full of counters for it,shadow image got some nerf aswell.

The only price NB pay is be a class that kill bad player easily,which every class can do aswell but "ClOaK!1!1!"

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember when 7th legion changes were announced. i was super excited. finally read to throw cloak away for good and move to dark cloak as it would align very well with 7th. The reality is that wearing a 5-2 med/heavy setup on stamblade gives you an 8 sec uptime on armor buff when you cast dark cloak. spamming your armor buff every 8 seconds on any other class would get taxing very quickly.. and on nb as well if you were spamming DC. but with 7th... it could work.

and then ZoS said - nope, no 7th on nb shadow abilities that give nb armor. so... yeah...
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they will ever give a stealth class a burst heal cause that could be pretty broken with the ability to already reset the fight and adding a spammable burst heal I'm guessing you guys are imagining like the templar breath of life or pet heal on magsorc, they definitely could increase the heals they have though on hots though with the new dmg mitigation

Solution for that is pretty easy, give NB reliable burst heal for other morph of cloak. So you can have burst heal OR invisibility. Easy peasy

They stated when the changed dark cloak to its current state that it was changed to give less of a burst heal and create more of a hot with it so that would be going back on what they just did and said in doing so.

They also said that buffing dots by 60% is okay, just to nerf it to the ground next patch. Remember that competence of current combat team is... to put it nicely, mediocre.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭

They also said that buffing dots by 60% is okay, just to nerf it to the ground next patch. Remember that competence of current combat team is... to put it nicely, mediocre.

This is true lol, honestly I think dark cloak right now is really good though and instead of reworking it again should just get slight buffs which I mentioned in a long post somewhere in this thread promoting its use more over shadowy disguise.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they buff nb we need it
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cloak is and always will be a L2P issue,the game is full of counters for it,shadow image got some nerf aswell.

The only price NB pay is be a class that kill bad player easily,which every class can do aswell but "ClOaK!1!1!"

This half baked argument again. I could use the same level of eloquence and counterargue that not knowing how to avoid those cloak counters is l2p issue because most of those counters is weak and easily avoidable with proper gameplay. We could continue that discussion endlessly because reality is that cloak and shade (plus dodge roll on stam) can create extremly strong synergy but can be also pretty lackluster based on multiple factors. Stealth playstyle in ESO is simply a bad design because ability to disengage from fight on demand is extremly strong feature in MMO games and ZoS always had issues to build a class properly around it without making it too strong or too weak. Currently when it works it works too good so it was obvious at some point ZoS will start to take away some tools from nightblades.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 28, 2020 4:32AM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NB still is the most powerful PvP class.
    During the current Midyear Mayhem, Bomber Teams of only 2 NBs
    are taking out any groups having to stand on flags to take camps and keeps.

There is no counter, even if you know what can happen.
    due to the combination of "cloak", "vicious death", "distance detonation" [...] and "sap essence".
    Especially if there is a guy in light armor, this means "game over" for all people in a group.

There needs to be a cost increase on Cloak, as there is one on Streak.
    Moreover, Light Armor needs to get buffed to be on par with Heavy Armor again.
    Even with 2 shields up, no Light Armor guy can survive a Two-NB-Bomber attack.

Edited by BalticBlues on January 28, 2020 6:12AM
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This half baked argument again. I could use the same level of eloquence and counterargue that not knowing how to avoid those cloak counters is l2p issue because most of those counters is weak and easily avoidable with proper gameplay. We could continue that discussion endlessly because reality is that cloak and shade (plus dodge roll on stam) can create extremly strong synergy but can be also pretty lackluster based on multiple factors. Stealth playstyle in ESO is simply a bad design because ability to disengage from fight on demand is extremly strong feature in MMO games and ZoS always had issues to build a class properly around it without making it too strong or too weak. Currently when it works it works too good so it was obvious at some point ZoS will start to take away some tools from nightblades.

Yeah because carrying around a couple of detection pots is such a hard thing to do and it's also such a weak counter to be able to completely neutralise cloak for 15 sec...

But I do agree that the detection skills are a bit weak, they should increase the range of them a bit and if you don't use a 360 degree aoe skill it can be a pain to pull them out.
    But detection pots are a hard counter and it's not hard to craft a few and have them ready if you fight a nightblade.

due to the combination of "cloak", "vicious death", "distance detonation" [...] and "sap essence".
    Especially if there is a guy in light armor, this means "game over" for all people in a group.

Is your "nb is op" argument only built upon a non class skill that everyone can use effectively with invisibility potions in combination with a set that is easy to obtain?... Really?... I mean really?!

It's a troll build that is only viable in a few situations... You obviously have no idea how the class even works if your idea of an op class is a magblade bomber.
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on January 28, 2020 6:46AM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is this point of view perhaps biased by the amount of tel var you have lost? Because that's the ONE AND ONLY profitable use of bombing if anything. Other than that the build is entirely useless unless you wanna troll which you can easily do with any class.

Not to mention that you can bomb even more effectively on other classes utilizing invis pots. Go try it out. You'll see for yourself how stupid effective bombing can be outside of Mag blades.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades are just such a gutted class. Compare them to wardens and you'll see that they're weaker offensively, defensively, and when it comes to utility. Nightblades are a terrible class, and if that's your main I would suggest rerolling or play a different game.
    Been playing nb 4 years now since eso came to PS4 unfortunately nb all I care to play it’s what I enjoy.
  • Marcus_Thracius
    Marcus_Thracius
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep play as a nb bomber - lots of "fun" - but cant argue with the results
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try necro bomber, much more powerful then Nb. Also for ganking, magsorcs with meteors hits harder then any NB ganker out there. You say "but nbs have invisibility!" but invis pots are cheap and burst potential on these two classes really outmatch nbs
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

You stated yourself cloak+roll+shade (and loss)is what is needed to make cloak work most of the time otherwise we both know how it end's if you use just cloak.

Also your argument of avoid cloak counters don't make much sense(the actual half baket arguement),how about you evade Jabs;streak,curse,detection pot and so on if it's so easy then you should never get hit with ever class,reality is different.

Cloak is a l2Pissue,is just people expect to be able to counter it 100% of the time which is wrong oterwhise the skill would be useless.

Streak is is good as cloak(if not better) right now yet where is the sorc nerf hammer?

I agree that can be hard to balance but can be done in other ways instead of gutting the class.
    Reduce the counter of cloak and add the cloak fatigue just to say one possible way.
    Weaker,punish mistake but is a bit harder to counter.

Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on January 28, 2020 2:29PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This post is full of L2P. Do yourself a favour, if you think magblade is OP stop being a hypocrite and start playing one.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoozy wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    There are builds that will make you powerful, but you'd be even more powerful if you were using a Warden.

Every build you make on a nb, will be more powerful on any other class. NB atm lacks everything except sustain.

I mean, throw Caluurion on a magblade and no class can match up with it. It sucks that you gotta cheese on a nb to make it work, but damn if one shotting 90% of the player base doesn't feel amazing.

This. It's literally the only reason I'm still doing so well.

Flame Clench procs Caluurions which I can follow with Spectral Bow. Both are nearly guaranteed to hit at a closer range because of the knockback.

The downside is I don't really have an effective ultimate to add to the mix. Meteor will get blocked, the knockback from Flame Clench makes Soul Tether and Soul Harvest redundant, and Soul Assault is silly and too expensive.

Soul Harvest from stealth to proc caluureon, then fear. They will get feared as the calureoon proc is hitting them so they will take full damage.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

on 1v1, cloak can be very strong, even in 1v2 or 1v3. But when you are against an organized group, in which one of the guys is there just to press q and reveal the NB, cloak is useless, so the most reliable source of burst and defense for an entire class is not reliable.

Considering that this game caters towards organized groups, there will be a point in history Cloak is not used for competitive purposses and it will be a wasted slot, so giving something besides cloak to NBs seems like the right option, but I understand that ZoS wants to avoid at all costs the use of cloak for burst healing windows (which imho defines the class even more than cloaked attacks)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Iskiab wrote: »
    This post is full of L2P. Do yourself a favour, if you think magblade is OP stop being a hypocrite and start playing one.
    I play MagBlade for years, and the ability to start and end fights at will
    makes Cloak better than any other skill in PvP.

Combining Cloak with the former Burst was GOD MODE in PvP, and you know it.
    However, MagBlades lost their god mode indeed.
    The new GOD MODE is HeavyTanks with OP Vigor... Go figure what the devs like to play...

Edited by BalticBlues on January 28, 2020 5:23PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The new GOD MODE is HeavyTanks with OP Vigor... Go figure what the devs like to play...
    It was god mode until people learnt how to pay attention to the cues and starting using cloak counters. In other words, the skill was good against unskilled enemies.
    Currently the skill is bad even againts unskilled enemies.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoozy wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    There are builds that will make you powerful, but you'd be even more powerful if you were using a Warden.

Every build you make on a nb, will be more powerful on any other class. NB atm lacks everything except sustain.

I mean, throw Caluurion on a magblade and no class can match up with it. It sucks that you gotta cheese on a nb to make it work, but damn if one shotting 90% of the player base doesn't feel amazing.

This. It's literally the only reason I'm still doing so well.

Flame Clench procs Caluurions which I can follow with Spectral Bow. Both are nearly guaranteed to hit at a closer range because of the knockback.

The downside is I don't really have an effective ultimate to add to the mix. Meteor will get blocked, the knockback from Flame Clench makes Soul Tether and Soul Harvest redundant, and Soul Assault is silly and too expensive.

Soul Harvest from stealth to proc caluureon, then fear. They will get feared as the calureoon proc is hitting them so they will take full damage.

SH doesn't proc Caluurions.

Single target magicka ability is the requirement.
    Edited by brandonv516 on January 28, 2020 7:09PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For stam NBs there is cloak, aspect of terror, shadowy image, dodge roll, and block. I am expecting I might have missed something there. Aspect of terror and shadowy image for the teleport are excellent as they do not use the main resource of stamina and it is for survival/not for damage so ideal it uses magicka.

For magicka NB there is cloak (especially if you have a hot on you), aspect or terror, shadowy image, as long as you are using 5 pc LA annulment and it's morphs, and lets not forget Sap essence can be effective. Also, still can use dodge and block. Elusive mist can be very effective in the hands of a player skilled to use it.

In both cases a well timed combo of cloak/aspect of terror teleport is amazingly effective as it leaves most attackers scratching their head thinking cloak is OP when in fact you are behind the wall you skillfully kited them past. A mere few feet away from them going LMAO then turn the corner and finish them off. It really is fun pulling that off.

My guess is I probably missed something there.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

God mode? Please. When was the last time you played a magblade.

I’m not a magblade main anymore, I’ve moved on. Heavy tanks with vigor godmode? I don’t believe you’ve played any class at godmode level based on your opinion, and I doubt you have any experience on a magblade and are probably under rank 20 if you do.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They don't need to. just put Minor vitality back on Swallow soul. Magblade's self-heals revolves around HoT's minor Vitality made that concept viable, without minor vit, that concept is not viable.
    Edited by Lucky28 on January 29, 2020 9:04PM
    Invictus
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

NOT TO MENTION THAT CLOAK IS SUCH AN ANNOYING ABILITY TO BOTH USE OR PLAY AGAINST, BECAUSE IT RARELY SEEMS TO WORK WHENEVER YOU NEED IT THE MOST

^^^ This , what i dont understand is when my Inner Light is up and i am litteraly walking on a NB why does the guy can still vanish when using cloak, he just vanish 1 second bu it s enough to lose him if he goes the opposite way of you ..
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danara wrote: »
    Nyladreas wrote: »

NOT TO MENTION THAT CLOAK IS SUCH AN ANNOYING ABILITY TO BOTH USE OR PLAY AGAINST, BECAUSE IT RARELY SEEMS TO WORK WHENEVER YOU NEED IT THE MOST

^^^ This , what i dont understand is when my Inner Light is up and i am litteraly walking on a NB why does the guy can still vanish when using cloak, he just vanish 1 second bu it s enough to lose him if he goes the opposite way of you ..
    I think that maybe server lag I have had this to what I normally do is use camo hunter and run up to to nb while using it.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on January 29, 2020 8:29AM