Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Death Hound Mount shouldn't be a thing

• grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suspension of belief is a wonderful thing. Reality in canon these mounts would be incredibly rare but as a game people just have em. I get wanting to be a *** about it but idk Tamriel is weird and weird mounts will always fit that to me.
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also feel people who have to insult those who enjoy these fantastical creatures are pure garbage .But thats me.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, are you on xbox by chance so I can follow you around constantly and force you to look at mine?

If you want to waste your own time, go for it.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While some of the mounts are little too fantastical even when ES at peak fantasy looking at you plagueborne senche vomit mount and the super toxic apex mount from xanmeer that radiants toxins lol. Even though I love them dearly these would be impossible even for Argonia's to use and all but the most evil/villainous of sorts and the game doesn't support that style of play.

Other than those very few extreme mounts most of them can easily fit the lore. Despite that I am willing to gloss over them for the MMO because I know they sell dosh and they need to be able to come up with at least some neat ideas. I mean it could be waaay worse look at FF14 and its totally inconsistent mount design that throws everything in the kitchen sink and then some at the wall.

Every time a large group in FF14 mounts up I have to laugh at how dumb it all looks like a circus or something. Everyone is trying so hard to be a special snowflake and no one is. Compare that to ESO most mounts are made to fit a consistent design and you can see them all at last being from the same universe. So if I have to suffer the very rare lore breaking mount at least I thank my stars it isn't some crazy spiked unicorn trailing wings and pixie dust that is also part gryffon while your best mate if gliding along the ground on a flower and your guild mate is on a giant flying turkey.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    There needs to be a line. I really don't want to see someone sitting on top of a decomposing dog in the middle of town. In reality I'd want the City Guard Mages to burn it.

Oh FFS if you don't like it don't use it. Leave it to the rest of us who DO like it. Quitchercomplainen!!
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a line. I really don't want to see someone sitting on top of a decomposing dog in the middle of town. In reality I'd want the City Guard Mages to burn it.

You're playing an MMO you really need to accept that. Actually no everybody needs to accept that.

Simple fact is you're expected to perceive the environment as if other players who are "out of place" are not there. In essence Role play but in your head.

sorry but this is a multiplayer experience, if you want lines to be drawn visually. Go play skyrim. (excluding shadowmere of course)
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm of course now obliged to afk in the middle of town on my death-hound mount with my death-hound pet.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm of course now obliged to afk in the middle of town on my death-hound mount with my death-hound pet.

I like to run around on my lizard bear puking history sap on high elf and dark elf players. Anyone fancy really.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »

In matter of fact, not that they should not be in new chapter, they are totally in line with Lore and Skyrim chapter.

Loading screen from Skyrim is self explanatory:

o6hP311.jpg

They are totally spot on.

But did you see them standing around Whiterun with people on their backs?

Have you seen anyone on a mount other than a horse in mainline games? By this logic we shouldn't have any Guar/Cat/Wolf mounts, horses only.
  • Valamist
    Valamist
    ✭✭✭
    Let people ride what mounts they want. Lore is there to be bent and played with. The game may even give us an explanation for their appearance. Perhaps anyone riding the month has an enchantment that masks its more gory details to the local guards and NPCs? Being the Vestige, however, our players can see through it.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commancho wrote: »
    Cosmetics in this game went far beyond being a ridiculus long time ago. Either this generation has a terrible taste or I'm getting old. I just would like to see more "boring" motifs and mounts... More medieval or oriental style than this colourish WOW garbage...

Guess you would’ve hated Oblivion

The game that only had horses in different colours and clothes and armour that was quite medieval?
    I also feel people who have to insult those who enjoy these fantastical creatures are pure garbage .But thats me.

I don't see much insulting if any at all from the people who want more normal cosmetics, quite the opposite. People who want more normal cosmetics are mainly stating their opinion and dislike of the items themselves but people are allowed to use whatever they please, while the people who like the "fantastical" creatures are the ones insulting, saying more or less how they want to annoy and harass these people and how sensitive their lore-holes etc are.

All I want is less sparkle neon smoke ponies, and more mounts that are less flashy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. You can still make interesting mounts with those limits. Like the Baandari and Scalecaller apex mounts.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the first time in a while that I might not be pre-ordering. I hate meeting death hounds in Skyrim and I don't want to ride one or have it tagging along.

I don't like the corpse horse either.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a certain level, @ArchMikem , you just learn to ignore other players exist entirely if your focus is on narratively-cohesive, immersive storytelling.

I remember when I first started this game, I almost quit within the first day of playing in no small part because of the antics of other players. And back then, in spite of their antics, at least their characters still generally looked like they belonged in an Elder Scrolls game. There were none of these ridiculous skins, excessively saturated and metallic dyes, and definitely no lore breaking flashy mounts and pets all over the place. If all that had existed when I joined, it would have left an even worse impression on me than it did. I was able to overlook the antics of other players at the time because their antics were on them, not the developer. I said "I bet this is probably a good RPG in spite of these players acting like idiots over by this wayshrine." And it did end up being a good experience - narrative cohesion, good aesthetics that fit the Elder Scrolls universe, etc.

Imagine if I'd joined later and saw not only players acting like idiots at wayshrines, but looking like they do now. It would have sent me a very different message. I wouldn't have just been able to blame that on the players. No, the ridiculous skins, too bright dyes, and ultra flashy mounts would have said something to me about the developer. It would have said "yeah, we're making an Elder Scrolls game, but we don't really care about respecting immersion, storytelling, or lore compared to raking in massive profits with our overpriced cosmetics." I'm not sure I would have given the game a second chance. If I wanted to play an overly-flash RPG game, I'd go play that game. I never wanted and don't want ESO to be that game. Yet here we are. You just learn to ignore it as much as possible.
  • Jdray
    Jdray
    ✭✭✭
    lets be honest after any race any alliance..
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    I stopped caring after seeing this:

8f22320a4156ba9555889e91e7584ed7.jpg

And people went crazy for this...

was about to comment this.

I'll take decomposing canines over this every day.

[Edit to remove bashing]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 25, 2020 8:09PM
    PC EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    On a certain level, @ArchMikem , you just learn to ignore other players exist entirely if your focus is on narratively-cohesive, immersive storytelling.

I remember when I first started this game, I almost quit within the first day of playing in no small part because of the antics of other players. And back then, in spite of their antics, at least their characters still generally looked like they belonged in an Elder Scrolls game. There were none of these ridiculous skins, excessively saturated and metallic dyes, and definitely no lore breaking flashy mounts and pets all over the place. If all that had existed when I joined, it would have left an even worse impression on me than it did. I was able to overlook the antics of other players at the time because their antics were on them, not the developer. I said "I bet this is probably a good RPG in spite of these players acting like idiots over by this wayshrine." And it did end up being a good experience - narrative cohesion, good aesthetics that fit the Elder Scrolls universe, etc.

Imagine if I'd joined later and saw not only players acting like idiots at wayshrines, but looking like they do now. It would have sent me a very different message. I wouldn't have just been able to blame that on the players. No, the ridiculous skins, too bright dyes, and ultra flashy mounts would have said something to me about the developer. It would have said "yeah, we're making an Elder Scrolls game, but we don't really care about respecting immersion, storytelling, or lore compared to raking in massive profits with our overpriced cosmetics." I'm not sure I would have given the game a second chance. If I wanted to play an overly-flash RPG game, I'd go play that game. I never wanted and don't want ESO to be that game. Yet here we are. You just learn to ignore it as much as possible.

I like your stance the most. It basically just amounts to "deal with it", but I appreciate the personal viewpoint. I really, honestly don't mind semi-flash Mounts, but I would've preferred them being on any of the already established creatures that are naturally common to the world. Horses, Senche, Dire Wolves, Guar etc. Keep them alive and make them flashy as in flashy armor or cloth. Stuff like that implies the social status of the rider, having the difference between a common Mount, War Horse, and Nobility Steed.

The fact that you can sit on top of a Ghost or a Skeleton or a rotting undead corpse in the middle of a Player Hub is wrong to me.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoraxFlux wrote: »

If they had half an awesome as a choice I'd give you that for this one, but it's not deserving of a full awesome sorry.

I'll do it for half an awesome, I'm cheap.

Gave you an insightful, best I can do.

BTW this thread is the best of the year IMO.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all these mounts.. Can I get a nightmare bear? How long ZoS? Need it , please take my money.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate those things, but whatever, some folks like them.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While i agree some mount my push it too far like the twich prime horse
    there is a middle ground too like the storm atro mount
    A storm atro is mostly just a bunch of rock in a cloud of electricity some time it get legs like in eso sometime not like in skyrim so would it be too hard to beleive a talented mage could shape the electricity cloud in the shape he would like upon summoning?
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While i agree some mount my push it too far like the twich prime horse
    there is a middle ground too like the storm atro mount
    A storm atro is mostly just a bunch of rock in a cloud of electricity some time it get legs like in eso sometime not like in skyrim so would it be too hard to beleive a talented mage could shape the electricity cloud in the shape he would like upon summoning?

Wonder if sitting on a storm atronach gives you static hair... Maybe it feels like tiny electric shocks all over your legs and butt.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a Daedroth mount
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smitch_59 wrote: »
    Edaphon wrote: »
    There needs to be a line.

That line has been crossed years ago.

Yeah, ZOS "jumped the shark" with over-the-top mounts a long time ago. Heck, I even own a few.

So why not a shark mount? Or a death shark mount, even?

Only if the shark had a frickin lazer on it’s head. Does it have a laser? Seriously people is it to much to ask for a shark with a frickin lazer on its head? 😀