Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Omg bgs change IS THE BEST CHANGE IN ESO HISTORY.

• Túrin_Vidsmidr
    Túrin_Vidsmidr
    ✭✭✭
    Heisenberg's Law prohibits us from determining the balance and the speed of a queuing system so from now on you'll just play a Massively Singleplayer Online®
    ELTWqjeWoAE1zEb.jpg
    The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heisenberg's Law prohibits us from determining the balance and the speed of a queuing system so from now on you'll just play a Massively Singleplayer Online®
    ELTWqjeWoAE1zEb.jpg

Needs more blur.
    Options
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chibs wrote: »
    the changes to bgs are not welcome in my opinion. people play premades to play with their friends on a small scale. I don’t zerg because i don’t have 15 friends i like to play with i have 3, and now i can’t have fun with them on pvp anymore.

I really mean this, hit the sewers. It's the best, small scale, PvP experience you'll get in ESO. It's better than BGs are right now. Best of all, if you've got a fifth friend, they're not left out. It's very rare that you'll encounter Zergs in the sewers, but you'll need to always be on alert.

Are ppl really pvping in the sewers? Last time i roamed around there i met like a pve player or two minding their own business lol, thought everyone was above ground to farm bosses?
    Options
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    really good change! thank you Zos!
    PC-EU
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you elaborate where is this "plenty of pvp content to play with friends"?
    Is that IC where you can meet 3 enemy max when there is no mayhem or ic event?
    Or cyro that is 999+ ping during primetime?
    People literally forced to play bgs if they actually want to play pvp because rest of pvp content is unplayable.

But such claims only shows how out of touch with game whiners are.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate facing premades that steamroll everyone but to prevent groups from grouping for battlegrounds is silly. There should be two separate queues, one for solo players and one for premades.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every PREMADES who kill and punish non premades will cry now .. .but i say *** U! you could fight with another premade... but mostly: TWO PREMADE GROUPS was ganking near respawn SOLO-ERS... so now i say *** U PREMADES!

(edit)

but still premades should be able to fight another premade for special leaderboards and prizes .. but maybe this will be improved later... for now its better to force every1 to fight alone... than allowing this massarcre to ruin solo-BG players... which re bigger group of players than premades
    Edited by Curious_Death on January 21, 2020 12:29PM
    Options
  • lemonizzle
    lemonizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was time, maybe battlegrounds will be something more than 4v3v2 / 500-50-0.
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lemonizzle wrote: »
    It was time, maybe battlegrounds will be something more than 4v3v2 / 500-50-0.

Oh, you sweet summer child.
    Options
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very happy with this change! Yay
    Options
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone rejoicing this is either blind or shallow.... This wasn't done to benefit unorganized bg play, this was done as a band-aid fix for the activity finder's performance issues which ZOS has proven incapable of fixing. Both the reset of mmr and this makes the stress on the activity finder significantly less, especially at the start.

But hey, playing a game by a developer that's incapable of thinking long-term and fixing their features is what you want right?
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
    Options
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have many problems with pvp so I stay away from it, but premades vs pugs was one of them and now I feel more inclined to give it another try, so kudos to ZoS.

On the other hand I can understand groups of friends complaining about this, as myself usually play pvp with friends in another mmo. I hope they get a group vs group queue soon.
    Options
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, this is an experiment. It's pretty obvious from the developer comment that this will only make it to live if it is a 100% overwhelming success (which anyone, even the developers, can see it won't be).

First rule of any experiment is to limit the variables. For testing mmr and matchmaking, one of the most obvious variables to remove is group queuing. Once they've tested and made any necessary adjustments, they'll add group queuing back in and test that.
    Options
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, this is an experiment. It's pretty obvious from the developer comment that this will only make it to live if it is a 100% overwhelming success (which anyone, even the developers, can see it won't be).

First rule of any experiment is to limit the variables. For testing mmr and matchmaking, one of the most obvious variables to remove is group queuing. Once they've tested and made any necessary adjustments, they'll add group queuing back in and test that.

Right, just like they did with CP. So naive.
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im on the ropes a bit I'd like it if they had 2 queues one for randos and one for premades where pres fight pres and randos can queue to fight randos.
    Options
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

Right, just like they did with CP. So naive.

Straight from Rich Lambert as of last week- they are still reworking cp and just aren't ready to show their plans as of yet

I'm sure they're more focused on getting a stable game where people can reliably queue for major gameplay features such as dungeons and bgs without having to wait 45 min+
    Edited by January1171 on January 21, 2020 2:42PM
    Options
  • Edwin
    Edwin
    ✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    Anyone rejoicing this is either blind or shallow.... This wasn't done to benefit unorganized bg play, this was done as a band-aid fix for the activity finder's performance issues which ZOS has proven incapable of fixing. Both the reset of mmr and this makes the stress on the activity finder significantly less, especially at the start.

But hey, playing a game by a developer that's incapable of thinking long-term and fixing their features is what you want right?

I'm pretty sure the activity finder was working perfectly fine during the recent undaunted event, seems like the majority of the issues were fixed. What are you referring to?
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508906/premades-are-over#latest
    The changes to BGS before this pts Directly negatively effected one player me. A solo player that is somewhat good OK great. As a solo player I had no content I could go to where there was a equal level playing field for PVP. The old system punish me as a good solo player and honestly chased me away from BGS. Also Bgs is by far my favorite content in the game. Follow by the sewers.

Sorry to inform you but there is still not an option for an equal level playing field. Player skill plays the most significant role in ESO combat. Much more than in simplistic games like WoW and FF.

While I am glad BGs are your favorite I doubt this change will make much of a difference as most of those "premades" were likely not such.

Regardless, cheers and enjoy the game.
    Options
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    Heelie wrote: »
    ohh yes an online game where you can't play with your friends, how great!

There is plenty PVP for group play. Cyrodiil rewards zergs, let's just be honest. Sewers rewards small scale. Bgs is a place to reward solo play. Sure you could be in a group but only one player could make leader broads.

This is probably the most asinine post of 2020 so far for a 4v4v4 grouped game mode (I mean this as respectfully as possible).

Sewers and BGs are not the same, while I agree there needs to be content to reward Solo players and the BGs is atleast them trying, what I think ZoS could try is implementing a 1v1 arena setting (not dueling) but with actual rewards and a MMR.

reintroduce premade BG ques with a 14 day period to climb the ranks for rewards similar to how they do Cyro

Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry next they will be complaining they are put in matches where other people still kill them.
    Options
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry next they will be complaining they are put in matches where other people still kill them.

Or that there are other players in their ESO game!
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
    Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im sorry, but this is the opposite of a good idea. They could easily have made a group queue where you can queue with 2 or 4 ppl, and then a solo queue too. Instead for some absurd reason they decided to get rid of the group option completely. Why do we need a test for a terrible idea. Now if i queue as my healer there is a chance ill be in there with 3 other healers, thats SO FUN! Wait....
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank God.

Finally.

Premades suck the fun right outta BGS.

Wanna premade? You got plenty of options and content
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank God.

Finally.

Premades suck the fun right outta BGS.

Wanna premade? You got plenty of options and content

Wanna solo? Theres plenty single players games out there. And plenty single player story content in ESO too. BG suppose to be epitome of small group organized gameplay.
    Options
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also like these changes on the BGS. But still need to balance some classes. Now, on the BGS, which group has more dk and wardens, it wins. Unfortunately, the solo turn does not change this.
    PC/EU
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly like the change to the BGs as well. Only being able to queue solo solved the problem of 1 premade group slaughtering 2 random groups, and that really destroyed the fun in BGs. As long as they are not able to only let groups fight groups, I am fine with the solution now.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on January 21, 2020 3:36PM
    Options
  • Il3rotherhood
    Il3rotherhood
    ✭✭✭
    I like the change since I'm a solo player, but I completly understand how it makes no sense for players who were used to play with their friends.

They should just copy the Guild Wars 2 structured PvP system: an unranked queue where you can form a team with your friends and have fun, and a ranked queue where you can only queue solo or with ONE other person in order to measure your true skill against other players.

Just IMHO
    Options
  • ArctosCethlenn
    ArctosCethlenn
    ✭✭✭
    GW2 did the same thing a while back, and all those players who logged in to pvp with friends went looking for other games where they could still do so. Queue times and pvp participation actually got significantly worse because of it.
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The obvious solution, to my mind, would be two separate queues, one for solo players and one for pre-formed groups. That way experienced teams who like to play together could get into much more balanced matches with other experienced teams.

Jeez, Guild Wars 1 had a system like this, and that was almost 20 years ago. How hard can it be?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.