The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 25 - Feedback Thread for Housing & Furnishings

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "but I agree with the sentiment that the Season of the Cat is over …"

But we never had the Season of the Cat no - only the Season of the Dragon!

Unless this one napped and missed it perhaps?

But a fair amount of cat stuff in balance to all other things please. Do not stop cat things entirely. We still exist after all!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Similar to my hopes for Wrothgar, I'm still looking for a small/medium home - even an apartment - in Abah's Landing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Thieves place in Bankorai?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    Similar to my hopes for Wrothgar, I'm still looking for a small/medium home - even an apartment - in Abah's Landing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Thieves place in Bankorai?

Yes, it is! But I'm still looking for a Redguard home of reasonable size in Abah's Landing.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "but I agree with the sentiment that the Season of the Cat is over …"

But we never had the Season of the Cat no - only the Season of the Dragon!

Unless this one napped and missed it perhaps?

But a fair amount of cat stuff in balance to all other things please. Do not stop cat things entirely. We still exist after all!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Cat things, like all things, should be enjoyed in moderation, no? :wink:

Yes, a balance is best, but ZOS doesn't do well with balance, and so we got SO MANY cat things last year (and thus the feeling that last year was really the Season of the Cat), and some of us lesser races got a bit overwhelmed. :p

Though, we never got the LOVELY female Khajiit dresses, and I very much would like for ZOS to give them to us sooner, rather than later.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The longhouse at Forgemaster's Falls needs a door. The one at Morkul has one, and you can't install one for yourself.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    The longhouse at Forgemaster's Falls needs a door. The one at Morkul has one, and you can't install one for yourself.

Agreed! As it stands now, without the door, it's just part of the exterior space and, on console at least, rain will fall inside it.
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    • or at the very least adding more Cluster type items (we can get 6 ferns and 3 palm trees in 1 cluster item taking up 1 slot, but still need to place a Quill, Inkwell and Paper separately - come on... please).

That would really be great, especially if the clutter clusters offer a little variety. A favorite item in this regad is the Redguard bookshelf which has an empty and two differently cluttered versions. They help enormously for making a room look lived in without using too many slots.
  • NekoTashi
    NekoTashi
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Edited by NekoTashi on March 5, 2020 1:08AM
    PS4/EU Gamer | I don't have haters, just fans in denial.
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    I am quite happy to see some none-Khajiit items on the horizon too :)

On that note: I agree with the above about the door of the longhouse. I took a look at the forge-home yesterday and while I otherwise like it, it's strange that the main building has no door.

Also I had trouble placing chairs and other useable items. When I placed them fresh out of the inventory things were alright but when I aligned them with the floor inside the longhouse, they became unuseable because the floor apparently isn't very even.

That issue aside, I think it's a really lovely home. It has a good size for my taste and I enjoy the small areas around the central building, for example the little islands by the pier or the lake behind the house. If I was more interested in Orsimer related things, I would definitely be tempted to get this one.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NekoTashi wrote: »
    The issue lays with you honey, and not with ZOS having trouble balancing stuff lol. You just can't handle that the Khajiits got the same amount of attention like the High Elves did in Summerset or the Argonians in Murkmire.
    Wow, wow, wow, isn't it a bit too much? I wish High Elves got the same attention as Khajiit but that is not the case. We got an astonishing amount of three high elven statues compared to six khajiiti statues (not counting dragons). We got an even more astonishing amount of zero high elven statuettes compared to four khajiiti statuettes. Yes, there are two data-mined, and maybe we will get them in a year or two. Maybe.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?

Over-large, useless buildings with nothing going on, either inside or out. I hope they sell. I won't be buying.

Did you like the new furnishings, including the ones acquired from Master Writs?

The cost of these Master Craft items is too great. They cost gold components to make but they're not really that special compared to other furnishings. A perfect row for a bowl of loaves, nope.

Another table-top game you can't play.

The sound the gong makes is very weak and very short-lived.

The Senche-Raht bed would be better if you could actually use it.

Don't like the Cadwell one. I never was a fan of Cleese. Also, with elders to look after IRL, the memory loss and confusion thing kind of loses its humour.

PC EU
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I tested both houses:

Thieves "town"

This would be great as a guild house. Otherwise is way to large and impractical.
    I still do not understand why you keep releasing delve sized houses when most of the feedback on the forums leans towards medium sized houses with some courtyard and water...

But I have to say that I like the town, there is a lot to be done with the layout, it is great that you can walk on the walls, explore the water area, and reach the roofs. Also the interior has nice wall textures, not the low res ones we are bored with. The house is close to a wayshrine, so until you release a wayshrine furnishing, this is an other plus. I don't understand why it is a thieves hideout, it looks more like a village. It does not have a hidden basement, at least I did not find it.

Forgemaster's

A great choice for people who like orcs and the orcish style (I am not a fan). The layout is great. I just hope you will release a forge/coals as a separate furnishing. The longhouse does not have a door, which is lazy, since you implemented doors in Moonhunter Keep, and people want more doors like the Alkosh trial door or the khajiit gate. I like the fact the longhouse it is not instanced, because any loading screen breaks immersion. But please create a door furnishing for this house!

The amount of new furnishings is still very low. Most of them are of little interest (another mortar and pestle, or a new useless game). I was expecting master writs furnishings to be very special.
    Here are some suggestions:
    • Alinor greenhouse
    • Alinor windmill
    • breton/imperial forge
    • planter with soil (square/round)
    • wayshrine brazier
    • doors which would fit various styles
    • piles of books
    • easel (people are asking this for years, just copy/paste the one in Artaeum)
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is already starting to have some significant ideas for the former orc settlement (let us just say they moved to somewhere bigger further inland yes …)

Patience was never a virtue this one possessed …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please INCREASE the amount of busts and trophies (Collectible Furnishings) that can be placed at notable homes (110 at the moment).

With the addition of the last 4 DLC dungeons, we don't currently have enough of these slots to place all the Undaunted busts and Undaunted Trophies (monster heads).

So why getting them all if we are not able to place/show them all? We are forced to leave some archived.

And this if not placing a lot of other furniture that also count as Collectible Furnishings, like the statuettes.

Really, we need more slots for Collectible Furnishings.

Thank you.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • raccoonism
    raccoonism
    Soul Shriven
    I like its look for the most part*. It is perfect for a Guild RP hub, as there is a major lack of good towns for rp in the overworld. The only issue is one that is a problem with most if not all of the large homes:

1. The item limit is way too small. For so much space, there is not nearly enough in the item limit to fill it. You end up with either swath of empty spaces mixed with densely cluttered mini spaces OR a sparsely decorated area with the bare minimum of necessities, (IE Tables, chairs, trees, beds. Nothing else.) Please consider upping the limit. We will spend real money on furniture to stuff in these places.

2. Please consider upping the visitor limit. 24 sounds like a high number if only considering friends, but it is dreadfully low for any guild gathering. This makes the space not viable for guild usage, which is a shame, as it clearly is large enough. Given the lack of usable large towns in the overworld, this is just a nasty tease.

- *Personal pet peeve: The interiors are a bit too rich. I would personally like more shabby or lower class looking abodes or rooms like we see in Hew's Bane (With the mud and straw rooms and hearths). Some of us do like less extravagant more.
  • Rizi
    Rizi
    ✭✭
    raccoonism wrote: »
    2. Please consider upping the visitor limit. 24 sounds like a high number if only considering friends, but it is dreadfully low for any guild gathering. This makes the space not viable for guild usage, which is a shame, as it clearly is large enough. Given the lack of usable large towns in the overworld, this is just a nasty tease.

This, absolutely! So many of us in guilds want to use this building, but we literally can't because none of us can fit in it! 24 does sound like a lot, but when you're talking about a big RP guild, it just doesn't work. A lot of us are getting hyped up at the idea of using this house for our guild, but we aren't going to buy it if you don't raise the max! The item limit should be the next concern immediately before or after this. Just as long as we get more max visitors!
  • Kashya_Vulano
    Kashya_Vulano
    ✭✭✭
    raccoonism wrote: »

I've said my piece, but I'll say it again just to get the point across: Please raise the maximum player cap for this house. The item limit and the player capacity are really holding back the roleplay community; without a higher player cap, this house is useless and we just can't use it. We won't be getting it if you guys can't raise the population capacity, but if you do raise it, we'll get it in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, it's ultimately your call on whether or not we make this purchase or not. Please do this for us, guys. The population cap increase and the item limit increase are something we all desperately need.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the whole, I'm very pleased with Forgemaster Falls. I initially had mixed feelings over the lack of a front door for the longhouse, but after giving it some thought and thinking of it as a communal area, I've decided I'm happy with it as it is. I rather like being able to walk straight in. That being said, I've waited for rain to see the consequences and find that even without the door there is no rain in the longhouse. If there is an issue on console, as some people have said, where rain cannot be kept out without a door...then I think it definitely should have one.

As for Thieves' Oasis, I agree with others about the sandstorm effect. Walking into megaclouds of dust is too off putting for me personally.

I'll also echo some others with general feedback in terms of home size. What I really want to see in the future is more Moderate/Medium sized houses with decent front yards. I'd buy a dozen of them before I'd buy a single notable.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, a balance is best, but ZOS doesn't do well with balance, and so we got SO MANY cat things last year (and thus the feeling that last year was really the Season of the Cat), and some of us lesser races got a bit overwhelmed.
    So because YOU got overwhelmed with all these "cat things" last year, means that ZOS doesn't do well with balance?! XDDDDD

The issue lays with you honey, and not with ZOS having trouble balancing stuff lol. You just can't handle that the Khajiits got the same amount of attention like the High Elves did in Summerset or the Argonians in Murkmire. You just want content for your own race and benefit it seems like. But that ain't gonna happen luv. Unless you start creating your own game that is. :wink:

Also don't speak for others. So far you are the only one here that's saying that. If there are others who think the same as you, then they will show up and say so themselves. No need to talk for others, okay?! :wink:

LOL...calm down, honey child. My response to Santie was intended to be lighthearted. My comment about "lesser races being overwhelmed" was tongue-in-cheek and a playful response. Sorry to Santie if it didn't come across that way.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    On the whole, I'm very pleased with Forgemaster Falls. I initially had mixed feelings over the lack of a front door for the longhouse, but after giving it some thought and thinking of it as a communal area, I've decided I'm happy with it as it is. I rather like being able to walk straight in. That being said, I've waited for rain to see the consequences and find that even without the door there is no rain in the longhouse. If there is an issue on console, as some people have said, where rain cannot be kept out without a door...then I think it definitely should have one.

As for Thieves' Oasis, I agree with others about the sandstorm effect. Walking into megaclouds of dust is too off putting for me personally.

I'll also echo some others with general feedback in terms of home size. What I really want to see in the future is more Moderate/Medium sized houses with decent front yards. I'd buy a dozen of them before I'd buy a single notable.

It's good that it doesn't rain in the Longhouse on PC. Too bad I can't test it on console. I'll just have to wait and see once it goes live.

I'm surprisingly interested in this house, considering I don't particularly care for the Orc style. But I won't be buying it if I can't keep the rain out of the longhouse.
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. I had actually expected to be tempted by the Thieves' Oasis, because I have wanted an Abah's style home for a long time and I am not really interested in orcish things ... but Forgemaster Falls really is nice. I am pretty sure Santie is right an the Orcs who lived there moved away ....

I was actually surprised to see Forgemaster Falls is listed as a Classic home but then again so is Ald Velothi Harbor. Along with Lucky Cat Landing maybe it's the start of a trend towards adding some smaller homes along with the huge ones?

Edit: Or lets not diminish them by calling them small, how about calling them "cozy" instead?
    Edited by Anska on January 23, 2020 10:56PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a balance is best, but ZOS doesn't do well with balance, and so we got SO MANY cat things last year (and thus the feeling that last year was really the Season of the Cat), and some of us lesser races got a bit overwhelmed.
    So because YOU got overwhelmed with all these "cat things" last year, means that ZOS doesn't do well with balance?! XDDDDD

The issue lays with you honey, and not with ZOS having trouble balancing stuff lol. You just can't handle that the Khajiits got the same amount of attention like the High Elves did in Summerset or the Argonians in Murkmire. You just want content for your own race and benefit it seems like. But that ain't gonna happen luv. Unless you start creating your own game that is. :wink:

Also don't speak for others. So far you are the only one here that's saying that. If there are others who think the same as you, then they will show up and say so themselves. No need to talk for others, okay?! :wink:

LOL...calm down, honey child. My response to Santie was intended to be lighthearted. My comment about "lesser races being overwhelmed" was tongue-in-cheek and a playful response. Sorry to Santie if it didn't come across that way.

Never fear. This one very rarely takes offence at anything :)

More or less in housing terms we all want broadly the same things - even if we sometimes differ on the details. We all have our vision for what a space might be and we each know and wait and hope for what we need to bring that vision to life.

Now each year seems to be focusing on one style more or less it does limit those who want to create something outside of that - so this one suggests that perhaps, in addition to the gold furniture recipes, there could be say 20 or so items of a purple tier from all the other races - so there is a bit more something for everyone.

Also much more from luxury Coldharbour elf please. I know overall this one is asking for more furniture basically - but it is good we are still interested in all styles - past and present. Ultimately if you inspire us with more furnishings then you sell more houses for us to use them in. Especially this one would think pavilions, tents, pergolas, sheds and other small buildings - items that can transform the overall shape of your space into ours.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got pics of the new Undaunted furnishings from the dungeons? Need to plan where in my home they'll be going.
  • MoodyMayhem
    MoodyMayhem
    ✭✭
    I've finally joined the forum after almost 6 years to chime in on this one.

What did you think of the two homes currently on the PTS for testing?

Disclaimer: I do not have the PTS, but got my friends to walk me through them via video.

I really enjoy both of these homes from a housing perspective, but have the same grievances as others posted here.

1. Item Limit is too Low As someone who pretty much bangs out content now for the lore, and the achievements, then returns to simply decorating and roleplaying, housing is now my pure endgame. I've almost exclusively focused on it the last few years in between chapter releases. When it comes to housing, I personally find a struggle to decorate large homes fully, like my Overlook, with the item limit from ESO+. While some of it could be alleviated by me not making massive structural changes to homes, I've found many beautiful builds that make the homes feel alive not utilizing the full housing space in many simply because they can't adequately fill the home with the existing item limit. With the current item limit, the larger homes, and especially these new one's, seem an almost impossible task to tackle properly without leaving large swaths of them barren.

2. The population capacity is far too low for large homes For small homes, it makes sense to only be able to fit a few individuals in there due to physical space, but places like the new Thieves' Oasis is incredibly massive, akin in size to several in game towns. With the existing player caps, even if full, the home would feel quite empty, especially if everyone isn't crowded in one area. These large homes, at least to me, seem geared towards guilds that would utilize them, and not for personal housing, do not have a very good incentive to use them as guild-homes since many people can't be in them at once.

Do you have any other general feedback?

Since I am on here, I'll throw some additional feedback out I've been meaning to!

As someone who has always been the "basic Breton player" for a very long time in TES, it would be nice to see a return to some Breton oriented content, even if it is small. The High Rock areas, and the individual kingdoms, do not seem to have much in the way of distinguishing between them, and it would be interesting to see motifs related to the Kingdoms in particular, over the united Covenant style (which I still adore).

Another thing I would enjoy seeing is a Breton themed town, if this is a route you continue to take.

I have a lot more feedback but don't want to clutter the thread more than I have. Thanks for continuing to work on this game, love it and the community.
    Edited by MoodyMayhem on January 24, 2020 2:55PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Thieves Oasis, but would not buy it with the sandstorms. Too annoying and distracting. Also, the huge waterfall that barely makes a splash is immersion breaking.

Edit: I bought it for one crown, so I could check out the boundaries and what could be moved, and such. Interestingly, there was not one sandstorm the entire time after I bought it. But the giant waterfall barely making a splash at the bottom is still somewhat unnerving.

Edit #2: So while I was decorating it, there was a prolonged sandstorm. It really plays havoc with trying to line things up, especially from a distance. Is there any way the blowing sand can be disabled while in F5 (placement) mode? I get the idea, the sand is somewhat interesting when just looking around, but having a toggle while building would be so much better!

Edited by Jaraal on January 26, 2020 10:33AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    In addition to this, the Thieves Oasis, while it looks amazing on the outside, the windows placement and design don't match between the inside and outside at all!!!!

This issue? Again? Don't we have enough examples that ZOS should really double check their work?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on January 24, 2020 6:37PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    dskxlpbmrwl0.jpg

Mats should be like, one half dozen units Crusty Bread. Because that's what's in the basket.
    Or Antiquities should give one half dozen nods in the direction of Furnishing enthusiasts and help out with items that increase the drop amount/drop rate of furnishing mats.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on January 24, 2020 6:40PM
  • Starlitmists
    Starlitmists
    Soul Shriven
    Hey! So, I run a pretty decently sized Roleplay guild and we love both village-type housing plots. They are great for a roleplay community that runs a town-style guild. That being said, there are a couple issues that still stand out--greatly so.

1. The Player population capacity is still a bit too small. For the Forgemaster town, it's just puny, with only twelve players allowed in. We don't need a 50 player capacity by any means, but doubling this number would be beneficial in helping us to consider buying this. As for the Redguard village, it's just a bit too small for us to use. While our numbers rarely peak 25 to 30 players, they still do during the peak months, which makes this a no-go for us. We would absolutely love to use it, but the population capacity will keep us roleplaying in the overworld for the time being. No money from us!

2. You saw this coming: The Item limit is still too low. I won't put nearly as much effort into this explanation, as everyone else has covered it for me: The item limit is just still way too low, for houses of this scale. Raise it a few hundred, and we'll reconsider. But, still, the population cap is far more dire for us at this point.

Please raise the population capacity!

I'd like to chime in my agreement to both of these points, especially the player population cap. It doesn't need to be excessive, but for either roleplayers or anyone else having a decently sized guild meeting it's far too small in general. The population cap on smaller houses doesn't bother me as much, but when you have huge properties that more than twice the allocated number of people can fit into without feeling at all crowded, it begins to feel restrictive. Further, it eliminates the possibility for a "guild hall" type thing that the entire guild can meet in at once, something I imagine lots of people would appreciate. The new houses are perfect for this sort of thing, but as it stands the population cap on both effectively eliminates any possibility of them being utilized for such.

As to the item limit, yes, it's still too low. I understand that there was a reason to be conservative when housing first released but there were indications that the cap would be raised...and yet it never has been. This is a major pain point for people who have purchased larger properties and will only continue to hold true for the two newest ones.

I love the fact that housing continues to be supported with new furnishings and houses coming out regularly (though I continue to hold out hope we'll see smaller houses in some of the DLC styles such as Gold Coast Imperial), but some of the underlying issues that have existed since the system debuted still need to be addressed.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

True. We need a craftable longhouse door, like the khajiit gate. And why not, other interior doors would be great. Alinor, Imperial, Redguard... etc
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    Craftable Doors with the same permissions as the lights would be great. If you may switch off my candles, you may also open my doors, so to speak.