The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 25 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets

• OhNoDaedra
    General Feedback:
    • With Kjalnar's Nightmare, I feel that it should still do damage even if it can stun a foe, because as far as I can see, unless your foe can’t be stunned in any way, it is pretty much not as good compared to other sets like Valkyn Skoria or Nerien’eth.
      If it were to do Half damage on a stunnable target, then I would consider it, as well as removing the 1 second cooldown or at least tone it down to 0.5 seconds and slightly increase the cooldown to compensate:
      • Dealing damage to with a light attack puts a bone stack on your enemy for 5 seconds, you can only apply 1 stack every 0.5 seconds. At 5 stacks, an Undodgeable Skeletal “Fist” attacks your enemy after 1 second, dealing 7250 Magic damage to them, knocking them into the air and stunning them for 3 seconds, the Magic damage is doubled if they cannot be stunned. An enemy that has reached 5 stacks cannot gain bone stacks for 5 seconds.
      This would be more noteworthy in a way, but also, stress testing this in the PTS could yield some comparable results.

A u kidding? That's -50% off damage in PvP and that's is around 7k - 20-35% of armor around 3.5k, that's is rly nothing, and u want to 1.5k? So why that set is? And, if it do -50% when in stun it will be new bugs with that set.
    This set is ok for pve and I love this, but skoria still better in pvp
    Edited by OhNoDaedra on January 23, 2020 10:52PM
  • PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭
    Any1 know if Puncturing Sweeps is proc ing Nerien’eth and Scathing mage?
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Regarding Unchained Aggressor: I agree with all the concerns in this thread about this set being overpowered but I love the concept of adding counterplay to hard CCs instead of just nerfing every skill with a stun. Might be nice to have a PvP environment where stunning your opponent on cooldown isn't always the most effective tactic...

YES. NMA + Fury is so used right now, with Spriggan's always the 3rd option, this game needs MORE viable sets.

Veiled Heritance, Shield Breaker, Briarheart (even the PTS one), probably 7th Legion and Hundings as well. They need to be brought up with NMA, Fury, Spriggans, Unchained Aggressor and Titanborn so people will have more options.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Titanborn's Strength might be a little too strong but I have not been able to test it against players just yet. The build I did was 5pc Titanborn, 5pc Spriggan and 2pc Balorgh, Orc Stamcro. I will do more feedback once it's tested on players more.

im thinking 5pc Titan, 5pc NMA, and 2 Balorgh or the standard Bloodspawn. StamDK here.

having NMA 450, and getting hit in Cyro would get me 50% health, that's a bonus of nearly 1k damage.

tho in general i hate these health-gated sets....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Unchained Agressor set has way too high uptime on the best offencive buff in the game. Its crazy strong imo.

Let us have nice things for once. Defensive sets and healing is already strong as it is and we need sets that offers strong buffs to damage. Nothing needs to be changed about this set.

"Nice things" is one thing, but totally overshadowing every other dmg set is another. Why would I ever use another set then Unchained Agressor for dmg. Every other set is meh compared and there is no longer any choice in the matter. (solo 1vX pvp)

how is this sets overshadow? u need to break free, that costs stamina and situational/dependant on ur enemy....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Unchained Agressor set has way too high uptime on the best offencive buff in the game. Its crazy strong imo.

Let us have nice things for once. Defensive sets and healing is already strong as it is and we need sets that offers strong buffs to damage. Nothing needs to be changed about this set.

"Nice things" is one thing, but totally overshadowing every other dmg set is another. Why would I ever use another set then Unchained Agressor for dmg. Every other set is meh compared and there is no longer any choice in the matter. (solo 1vX pvp)

how is this sets overshadow? u need to break free, that costs stamina and situational/dependant on ur enemy....

Potion of Entrapment?
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overwhelming Surge not doing what tooltip says. See https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6554124
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new craftables in cryodil but find location to be WRONG because your then asking crafters to 1) capture an town in order to craft items 2)get ganked while on an table by the nb's that well be camping them for easy ap

That's why you pay bodyguards to accompany you. 😁
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Areloth wrote: »
    Titanborn Strenght - Medium Armor

This set is freaking OP!!
    I could live with it if there would be the same for Magicka classes...the Stamina sets implemented in this patch are way way stronger than the magicka counterparts.
    [snip]

Edit for politics.

ZOS don't give a s**t about magicka. If you look at all the strongest damage sets and all strongest 5-piece damage proc sets, they are all stamina. Stamina for the win! keep it up ZOS, you are doing great...
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »

I could live with it if there would be the same for Magicka classes...the Stamina sets implemented in this patch are way way stronger than the magicka counterparts.
    [snip]

Edit for politics.

ZOS don't give a s**t about magicka. If you look at all the strongest damage sets and all strongest 5-piece damage proc sets, they are all stamina. Stamina for the win! keep it up ZOS, you are doing great...

Yeah I think at this point 10 strongest sets in the game are stamina or heavy. Nothing for magicka, enjoy your mag vo and leviathan meta
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Grothdarr proc conditions wasn't updated to auroran/malubeth conditionsfor some reason, making this melee set to proc on range attacks and wasting proc.
    grothdarr-waste.gif

2. Maelstrom resto staff need adjustment as it wasn't changed since overhaul of Regeneration. Amount of procs you can get with this set is decreased twice after skill overhaul that especially hurting Rapid Regen users.

3. Hiti’s Hearth need nerf. This set is too strong - easiest proc conditions, huge radius, stackable, portable. It completely overshadow sets like Draugr Rest which for example is harder to proc, ground based, less radius. Will be used mainly to empower ballgroups in pvp that should be avoided by any means.

4. Ice Furnace with 1sec cooldown doesn't reliably proc. It desync with abilities that 1sc and thus missing ticks:
    2020-01-22-2.png
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »

[snip]

Edit for politics.

Yeah I think at this point 10 strongest sets in the game are stamina or heavy. Nothing for magicka, enjoy your mag vo and leviathan meta

I second this. You can actually run Lokkestiiz or Relequen on a magicka DD and you would get more or less dps compared to best in slot magicka gear. This is how broken OP stam sets are.

Aegis Caller looks really nice both in visual and damage so it's nice. Tho i'm partially triggered that magicka again doesn't have any useful sheit.
    PC|EU
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Edit for politics.

I second this. You can actually run Lokkestiiz or Relequen on a magicka DD and you would get more or less dps compared to best in slot magicka gear. This is how broken OP stam sets are.

Aegis Caller looks really nice both in visual and damage so it's nice. Tho i'm partially triggered that magicka again doesn't have any useful sheit.

Tbh Aegis sounds like perfect set for magicka. AoE proc that has lower ST then rele, you SUMMON giant monster (sounds pretty magicka to me), it's less mobile and enemy need to stay in red for whole duration (feels kinda like destro ulti). Definitely wasted opportunity, another broken set for stamina, no new toys for magicka. At this point I think it's clear that devs are simply biased toward stamina (at least new combat team). They are so focused on making stamina and especially their new toy, necro, so OP that every other playstyle is second to this. And that is pretty sad
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Edit for politics.

Tbh Aegis sounds like perfect set for magicka. AoE proc that has lower ST then rele, you SUMMON giant monster (sounds pretty magicka to me), it's less mobile and enemy need to stay in red for whole duration (feels kinda like destro ulti). Definitely wasted opportunity, another broken set for stamina, no new toys for magicka. At this point I think it's clear that devs are simply biased toward stamina (at least new combat team). They are so focused on making stamina and especially their new toy, necro, so OP that every other playstyle is second to this. And that is pretty sad

I total agree, the new magicka set needs to be reworked. Please give magic DD something useful to farm.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    For the Storm Master set: the boost to damage is nice (as well as the Overload proc fix), but in the theme of easing the proc conditions of many sets, could something be done with this? Certainly its nothing significant, but as much as fully charged heavy attacks can be useful, being forced to perform them isn't exactly too thrilling on top of needing them to specifically deal critical damage. I feel it would flow better if it just required a heavy attack, like some other sets, or just critical damage, perhaps with a proc chance. In the latter's case, I could see the duration being greatly shortened for a bigger burst of Shock Damage or something along those lines given its high likelihood of occurring, making the long duration effect kind of redundant.

What I would really prefer with something like this, considering its a medium armor set largely made for a primary stamina user (Sorcerer most of all), would be like having a % chance to create a chain lightning effect that hits so many enemies in the area upon dealing critical damage. In doing so, it could deal low Shock Damage, since that damage type doesn't benefit a stamina user much with the lack of Spell Penetration, but mainly automatically applies Concussed. That'll more heavily define it as a kind of support set with Minor Vulnerability than it already sort of is with damage thrown in the mix on a single target. Even setting the whole ability to something like automatically applying Concussed on light attacks could work. But well, makes the whole "Storm Master" name a lot more fitting.
    Edited by Celestro on January 25, 2020 10:39PM
  • Brederode
    Brederode
    ✭✭✭
    Hiti’s Hearth – Light Armor
    2 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    5 – When you heal yourself or an ally with an ability, gain a Warming Aura for 10 seconds. While in the Warming Aura, you and group members restore 1020 Health every 1 second and reduce the cost of Sprint, Block, and Roll Dodge by 5%. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds.

Maybe its just me but I feel like this is another one of those sets that would probably see more use on a tank and because of that would have made more sense if it was heavy instead of light..
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please consider toning down the aegis set, because stam seems to get a bis set every single content update, and please consider giving magicka some good sets besides RP sets. Last time mag got a good set was elsweyr patch. and that was a set from 5 years ago. And before that the last good set was summerset. And before that morrowind...

Magicka gets 1 decent set a year, stam gets one OP set per patch.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Aegis Caller is strong but not OP, especially considering that the effect is delayed and stationary.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    I think Aegis Caller is strong but not OP, especially considering that the effect is delayed and stationary.

It is AoE proc that hits only 2k less on trial dummy then rele. In trial situation it will be better then rele because of cleave and the fact that pairing it with lokke you get one bonus more (as rele and lokke share minor Slayer 3rd piece). It is fun set and nice alternative to rele but on the other hand it is shame that magicka get nothing interesting AGAIN. For once devs could behave like they have no bias toward certain options
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭✭
    Problem.

Grave Guardian – Heavy Armor
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    4 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    5 – Summon a stone aura while blocking, hardening you and your nearby group members, increasing your Physical and Spell Resistance by 4430.

Did y'all forget that this armor set exists?:

Duneripper's Scales - Heavy Armor
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (4 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (5 items) While you are blocking, your Physical and Spell Resistance is increased by 4300.

I know you didn't, because the 5.3.0 patch notes has:
    Duneripper’s Scales: Fixed an issue where this set would not activate while Shield Wall or its morphs were active.

One of these sets has to change. Grave Guardian can stay as it is, but a Healing Taken increase for a block-centered build is silly. Duneripper's Scales can be changed to pair nicely with the Tremorscale Monster Helm Set:
    Tremorscale
    (1 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (2 items) When you taunt an enemy, you have a 50% chance to cause a duneripper to burst from the ground beneath them after 1 second, dealing 6025 Physical Damage to all enemies within 4 meters and reducing their Movement Speed by 70% for 3 seconds. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.)

Duneripper's Scales - Heavy Armor
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (4 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (5 items) While blocking, attacking enemies have a 10% chance to attract a wild Duneripper that bursts from the ground, dealing x Physical Damage to all enemies within 4 meters. The Duneripper carries back an essence to the user that heals for 2500 Health.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka needs a proper ranged monster set for pve. Currently options are not satisfying. Valkyn Skoria and Nerien'eth have max hp on 1st piece bonus, Ilambris only good for sorc and necro (other classes don't have any shock damage) and others are mostly irrelevant (Molag Kena for example doing 2 consecutive light attacks every 6 seconds to proc the set is a no-go).

Zaan doesn't work at all in Sunspire against dragons. People just go with 2 different monster pieces with crit bonus because there's really nothing good to use.

There are two new magicka monster sets in this DLC, one of them being total trash (looking at you, 3k damage shield) and other one is again for pvp.

Edited by themaddaedra on January 27, 2020 8:10AM
    PC|EU
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bug report: The Major Brutality buff The Unchained Aggressor Set provides are not affected but Jorvulds Guidance.

Also, Can we please like in IC have an immunity to damage inside the crafting houses in Cyrodiil? I know you cant access it without taking the town but gankers can still hide in there.
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NTclaymore wrote: »
    Also, Can we please like in IC have an immunity to damage inside the crafting houses in Cyrodiil? I know you cant access it without taking the town but gankers can still hide in there.
    Are yo sure about it coz zos claimed otherwise
    The locations where the actual crafting stations are safe from being killed while crafting similar to the Imperial City crafting locations. You will not see enemy alliances inside the crafting areas.

• Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    b3egolo0gqke.png

Thanks, I hate it!

Set needs some serious love. And by "needs love" i mean, please dont nerf Iceheart. =)

When you tell your mom you want iceheart and she tells you "we have iceheart at home", this is the set shes referring to.

This should be something like 10 000 because not many skills proc it.
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    I like the update to Ashen Grip but it still is a mixture between stamina and magicka. You should change the 3 and 4 piece to this:

(2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 1487 Spell Penetration
    (5 items) When you deal melee damage, you breath fire to all enemies in front of you for 5350 Flame Damage. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

Edit: I tested this set on pts and it only procs from stamina meele attacks which makes it useless. It should proc from meele magicka damage too and be a magicka based set...
    Edited by Ryanoxx on January 27, 2020 4:59PM
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    Vykosa:
    This set now reduces the enemy's Spell and Weapon Power by up to 268, instead of applying Major Maim.
    Increased the duration to 8 seconds, and reduced the cooldown to 12 seconds.

Well this monster set is trash now... Uptime 66% with 268 WD ? how much it gives like 1-2% less damage from bosses?

I dont see any info why it was nerfed... let me guess pvp players ?? maybe in futue pve and pvp should not be togheter...
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2 – While in combat, casting an ability with a cast time or channeling an ability grants you a damage shield that absorbs 3000 damage for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Thanks so much for this. This will improve the identity of my class so much, I will now get a shield when I cast Incap!
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »

It is AoE proc that hits only 2k less on trial dummy then rele. In trial situation it will be better then rele because of cleave and the fact that pairing it with lokke you get one bonus more (as rele and lokke share minor Slayer 3rd piece). It is fun set and nice alternative to rele but on the other hand it is shame that magicka get nothing interesting AGAIN. For once devs could behave like they have no bias toward certain options

The bigger problem is its animation, looks great but its way way over the top which will cause chaos on the screen making it hard to see what is going on.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 – While in combat, casting an ability with a cast time or channeling an ability grants you a damage shield that absorbs 3000 damage for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Thanks so much for this. This will improve the identity of my class so much, I will now get a shield when I cast Incap!

it could very well be the worst monster set in the game.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With introduce of Titanborn set with its dual scaling that it would be fair to update Ancient Dragonguard set: make it armor proc to be additional to spd/wpd, not replace. So we have set with constant offensive buff that grant additional devensive buff when low hp.