The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Update 25 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new item sets in Update 25. Please try out the new item sets and Cyrodiil crafted sets and let us know what you think! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were you able to gank other players in the crafting areas in Cyrodiil?
  • Do you have any general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The improved Ice Furnace - If you use Ice staff, this set is now Storm master on steroids, and without the the proc condition, nor the duration+ its AOE + it can work with any frost damage skill as well (AOE dots included). So basically its a combination of Winterborn+Storm master that outperforms both.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    b3egolo0gqke.png

Thanks, I hate it!

Set needs some serious love. And by "needs love" i mean, please dont nerf Iceheart. =)

When you tell your mom you want iceheart and she tells you "we have iceheart at home", this is the set shes referring to.

Edited by Inklings on January 21, 2020 4:08AM
  • HackTheMinotaur
    HackTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    b3egolo0gqke.png

Thanks, I hate it!

Set needs some serious love. And by "needs love" i mean, please dont nerf Iceheart. =)

2nd this. Please don't nerf Iceheart.

Iceheart has more than double the damage shield size with a shorter cool down. It is the go-to damage shield Monster Helm, and it makes this Monster set pointless.

Maybe think about a completely different bonus here since IH has this niche covered quite well.

Thanks,
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    b3egolo0gqke.png

Thanks, I hate it!

2nd this. Please don't nerf Iceheart.

Iceheart has more than double the damage shield size with a shorter cool down. It is the go-to damage shield Monster Helm, and it makes this Monster set pointless.

Maybe think about a completely different bonus here since IH has this niche covered quite well.

Thanks,

Second that. Also we already have Light of cyrodiil which is a defensive 15% damage reduction, and Soulshine for offensive 450 spell damage for cast time or channeling, so this could be something helping sustain, something like:

"While in combat, casting an ability with a cast time or channeling an ability grants you X/second magicka or stamina - whichever max is higher - during the cast or channeling time"
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    b3egolo0gqke.png

Thanks, I hate it!

This can't be right. There must be a 0 missing at the end.

Iceheart is what...6-7k ?

Edited by Anhedonie on January 21, 2020 2:06AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new craftables in cryodil but find location to be WRONG because your then asking crafters to 1) capture an town in order to craft items 2)get ganked while on an table by the nb's that well be camping them for easy ap
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on January 21, 2020 2:14AM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I purchased a Knight's Rebuke from the War Researcher in Cyrodiil but I was not given a Style Page for a Knights of the Circle weapon. My 40 Arena Gladiator proofs were removed from my inventory; but I never received a style page. It seems like only a sword style page exists if you go to an outfit station; but the Knights of the Circle Sword style was not unlocked for mat the outfit station. The Knight's Resolve item correctly gave me style pages for the armor pieces so at least that one is working properly.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Titanborn's Strength might be a little too strong but I have not been able to test it against players just yet. The build I did was 5pc Titanborn, 5pc Spriggan and 2pc Balorgh, Orc Stamcro. I will do more feedback once it's tested on players more.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The addition of the Bruma Armory has impacted the Lost and Alone quest given in Bruma. In the quest, you need to find three hidden villagers. Before the update, the armory was a partially destroyed house with one of the villagers inside it. Now that the building has been replaced by the armory, the villager was moved to the external southeast corner of the building. However, when you interact with her, the view is blocked for some reason:

hd9MPRW.jpg
    Edited by LonePirate on January 21, 2020 3:10AM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you guys want some pvp going on around the crafting stations you need to make them unbindable with attunable crafting stations
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You might want to take a look at Caluurion's Legacy set from Dragon Bones DLC. It's using double conditions like Scathing Mage used to. You know, direct damage from critical attacks and all that.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The improved Ice Furnace - If you use Ice staff, this set is now Storm master on steroids, and without the the proc condition, nor the duration+ its AOE + it can work with any frost damage skill as well (AOE dots included). So basically its a combination of Winterborn+Storm master that outperforms both.

I don't really see the comparison to Storm Master (a medium armor stamina set that buffs light attacks). Do you mean Storm Knight's Plate (a heavy armor AoE proc set)? If so Ice Furnace has a theoretical max DPS significantly lower, but it will depend on how much you can actually proc Storm Knight. Also the new Ice Furnace can't be used very effectively as a front bar set, since the proc will not continue dealing damage while on back bar (unlike sets like Icy Conjurer and Auroran's Thunder which work fine on front bar only). Wearing Ice Furnace on body pieces is a limitation since it is heavy armor, even if you use 3 jewelry you still must do 2 pieces heavy and therefore cannot use 5-1-1 on a magicka build.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on January 21, 2020 7:09AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a little testing with Kjalnar's Nightmare. It doesn't seem particularly impressive, certainly not competing with Zaan in any content where a pure single target set it needed. This led me to ask the question where Kjalnar might be useful that Zaan is not possible, and the only answer I can think of is vSS dragons (because Zaan is still bugged and cannot hit them, please fix this) but for the vSS dragons Domihaus seems to be better than Kjalnar's anyway (due to their giant hitbox and the ring always hitting them).

Maybe it would be decent for a fight like Lightning Storm Atro in vAA since you can't stay in range for Zaan or Domi all the time? Seems like an extremely limited use case for the new monster set though.

The other thing to consider is that Zaan and Domihaus are both Fire damage, which is buffed by Engulfing Flames and can cause Burning, while Kjalnar's is Magic Damage. I even tried it on a Magicka Warden, thinking this would be the best case with the 10% Magic damage bonus passive and Animal Companions 10% damage done, but it still did not seem powerful compared to other options. To give concrete numbers, Kjalnar did 2.8k DPS with best-case Warden passives vs an Iron Atro (2.4k on other classes), compared to 3.3k from Zaan. Additionally, the Zaan 1pc Spell Crit is better than the 1pc Spell Damage on Kjalnar for PVE by a few hundred DPS.

I guess it's possible this is intended as a PVP set, but landing 5 light attacks and making sure the enemy is CC immune when the last one hits seems pretty difficult against other players.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on January 21, 2020 7:32AM
  • Marteene
    Marteene
    ✭✭✭
    Draugrkin’s Grip – Light Armor
    5 – Dealing direct damage to an enemy has a 10% chance to place a ghostly curse on your enemy for 6 seconds. Cursed enemies take 530 extra damage from all your damage abilities. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

After a bit of testing, this set is cool but only gimmicky. It produces a noticeable amount of damage but it’s limited by its proc chance. 10% is so low that it will never consistently see more than a 60% uptime. It and Scathing Mage are easily overshadowed by Mother’s Sorrow because their proc criteria can’t compete with a static Stat line that is equal to their proc reliant line. Increasing the proc chance or Damage/Stat value could possibly alleviate this.

% based proc sets are severely underperforming compared to their static counterparts, especially when those counterparts are available at every guild merchant. There’s no incentive to run new dungeons more than once, for new or vet players, if the gear is statistically less rewarding than an overland set.

• Areloth
    Areloth
    ✭✭✭
    Titanborn Strenght - Medium Armor

This set is freaking OP!!
    I could live with it if there would be the same for Magicka classes...the Stamina sets implemented in this patch are way way stronger than the magicka counterparts.
    [snip]

Edit for politics.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 21, 2020 7:54PM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't really see the comparison to Storm Master (a medium armor stamina set that buffs light attacks). Do you mean Storm Knight's Plate (a heavy armor AoE proc set)? If so Ice Furnace has a theoretical max DPS significantly lower, but it will depend on how much you can actually proc Storm Knight. Also the new Ice Furnace can't be used very effectively as a front bar set, since the proc will not continue dealing damage while on back bar (unlike sets like Icy Conjurer and Auroran's Thunder which work fine on front bar only). Wearing Ice Furnace on body pieces is a limitation since it is heavy armor, even if you use 3 jewelry you still must do 2 pieces heavy and therefore cannot use 5-1-1 on a magicka build.

The comparison to Storm Master is obvious if follow the setup I described. Frost staff front bar(Yes, this meant to be a frost bar front bar set, to get the most out of it). Every light attack will proc flame damage on and around the target. It is the same to Storm Master in the way that both sets are damage sets that amplify LA. Ice Furnace however, will require no proc condition(Critical on heavy attack), no timer(the 20 sec), the damage is AOE and not single target. And this only the LA aspect. You can use it with AOE frost attacks as well, it will do more consistent damage than Winterborn. This is not only strong but versatile AF.

If anything, the comparison to Storm Knight's Plate is the false one. Tanking set the requires you to take damage and also be the center of damage, this is an extremely niche set that is good only for group tanking.

Most broken thing about Ice Furnace. On a DK, every LA can proc burning on multiple targets, with Charged forst staff, the sustain boost is real. You want to tank with it? Combine ice Furnace + Frozen watcher - you just created a prema block build(Ice staff FF, 1H+S BB) with tons of AOE damage.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    b3egolo0gqke.png

Thanks, I hate it!

This can't be right. There must be a 0 missing at the end.

Iceheart is what...6-7k ?

Ya, almost 100% sure they forgot a "0".
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The changing of some popular random proc sets (briar heart and scathing mage) to just proc sets with a duration and a cooldown I feel like is a good step.

will this happen to other similar sets?
    The set I think of most is Mechanical Acuity, which was when it had a high proc chance was extremely strong.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draugrkin’s Grip

The damage looks good on paper, but the annoying thing would be if this curse procced on a random mob near the boss, procced from direct dmg from eruption or foo or something.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭✭
    ulqgilzefxtp.png

After some considering, I think this set needs to be tweaked to both improve its use and limit that use to the appropriate sources.

Proposed:
    While in combat, casting a single-target ability with a cast time or a channel grants you a damage shield that absorbs 5000 damage for 8 seconds. This can occur once every 8 seconds.

(Reduce damage shields by 50% in PvP areas with the same mindset as healing.)

This makes it far more comparable to Iceheart, removes the concerned-benefit of using Puncturing Strikes, and assigns this set into a defense/utility category while Iceheart remains closer to offense (or at least designed for attackers).

Here is the list of abilities that would now cause this:

(Heavy Attacks)
    Nightblade - Death Stroke
    Templar - Dark Flare
    Warden - Feral Guardian (and maybe a <.5 cast time can be added to Frozen Device and it only need 1s to arm)
    Necromancer - none
    Dragonknight - none
    Sorcerer - Unstable Familiar, Summon Winged Twilight, Crystal Shard, Dark Exchange
    Vampire - Drain Essence
    Soul Magic - Soul Strike
    Psijic Guild - Channeled Acceleration, Mend Wounds
    Dual Wield - Lacerate, Flurry
    Bow - Rapid Fire, Snipe
    Two-handed - Berserker Strike, Uppercut

Thoughts:

Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds to have more uptime, especially from Heavy Attacks. Spammy abilities like Flurry and Uppercut remain because they are single-target and require melee range, a more dangerous area in most encounters. Snipe gets a little more defense for the squishy archer. Necromancer and Dragonknight have no inherent benefits, but that's just the way their class is built. I considered a 'non-ultimate' condition to allow Rite of Passage, Soul Tether, Dawnbreaker, and Overload, but found that limiting them would just have someone use a HA, which is totally fine. For people focused on guaranteed defense, this is the set they'll use over Iceheart.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The comparison to Storm Master is obvious if follow the setup I described. Frost staff front bar(Yes, this meant to be a frost bar front bar set, to get the most out of it). Every light attack will proc flame damage on and around the target. It is the same to Storm Master in the way that both sets are damage sets that amplify LA. Ice Furnace however, will require no proc condition(Critical on heavy attack), no timer(the 20 sec), the damage is AOE and not single target. And this only the LA aspect. You can use it with AOE frost attacks as well, it will do more consistent damage than Winterborn. This is not only strong but versatile AF.

If anything, the comparison to Storm Knight's Plate is the false one. Tanking set the requires you to take damage and also be the center of damage, this is an extremely niche set that is good only for group tanking.

Most broken thing about Ice Furnace. On a DK, every LA can proc burning on multiple targets, with Charged forst staff, the sustain boost is real. You want to tank with it? Combine ice Furnace + Frozen watcher - you just created a prema block build(Ice staff FF, 1H+S BB) with tons of AOE damage.

I’m not sure about the Frost front bar MagDK being much of a threat, lol. Best case for Ice Furnace is about 1.6X the average damage of Grothdarr with lower burst, and you’re giving up Inferno Staff passives for your build. That also relies on landing a Frost Light Attack every second, which seems unlikely.

IMO the set looks much better for PVE where an AoE DoT like Winter’s Revenge or Boneyard can proc it on cooldown. Could be pretty fun on trial trash pulls.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on January 21, 2020 5:23PM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eormenric wrote: »
    ulqgilzefxtp.png

After some considering, I think this set needs to be tweaked to both improve its use and limit that use to the appropriate sources.

Proposed:
    While in combat, casting a single-target ability with a cast time or a channel grants you a damage shield that absorbs 5000 damage for 8 seconds. This can occur once every 8 seconds.

(Reduce damage shields by 50% in PvP areas with the same mindset as healing.)

This makes it far more comparable to Iceheart, removes the concerned-benefit of using Puncturing Strikes, and assigns this set into a defense/utility category while Iceheart remains closer to offense (or at least designed for attackers).

Here is the list of abilities that would now cause this:

(Heavy Attacks)
    Nightblade - Death Stroke
    Templar - Dark Flare
    Warden - Feral Guardian (and maybe a <.5 cast time can be added to Frozen Device and it only need 1s to arm)
    Necromancer - none
    Dragonknight - none
    Sorcerer - Unstable Familiar, Summon Winged Twilight, Crystal Shard, Dark Exchange
    Vampire - Drain Essence
    Soul Magic - Soul Strike
    Psijic Guild - Channeled Acceleration, Mend Wounds
    Dual Wield - Lacerate, Flurry
    Bow - Rapid Fire, Snipe
    Two-handed - Berserker Strike, Uppercut

Thoughts:

Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds to have more uptime, especially from Heavy Attacks. Spammy abilities like Flurry and Uppercut remain because they are single-target and require melee range, a more dangerous area in most encounters. Snipe gets a little more defense for the squishy archer. Necromancer and Dragonknight have no inherent benefits, but that's just the way their class is built. I considered a 'non-ultimate' condition to allow Rite of Passage, Soul Tether, Dawnbreaker, and Overload, but found that limiting them would just have someone use a HA, which is totally fine. For people focused on guaranteed defense, this is the set they'll use over Iceheart.

The proc condition of this set is a none issue, you are getting the shield the second you are starting to build a heavy attack.
    The CD also not a problem for me, they just need to give a much bigger tooltip.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opinions from the PvP perspective only.

Hiti’s Hearth – Light Armor
    2 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    5 – When you heal yourself or an ally with an ability, gain a Warming Aura for 10 seconds. While in the Warming Aura, you and group members restore 1020 Health every 1 second and reduce the cost of Sprint, Block, and Roll Dodge by 5%. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds.

This is a nice addition to the three aura sets (increase health, stam cost reduction, mag cost reduction). Rather than making it 10/12 seconds, just make it a consistent aura like the others. One less thing to proc = less calculations = less lag.

If weapon swap actually worked in lag and this could be back-barred, it would have more value as a proc.

Titanborn Strength – Medium Armor
    2 – Adds 1487 Physical Penetration
    3 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    5 – Adds 110 Weapon Damage and 1240 Physical Penetration. This bonus doubles to 220 Weapon Damage and 2480 Physical Penetration when you are under 75% Health. This bonus quadruples to 440 Weapon Damage and 4960 Physical Penetration when you are under 50% Health.

I doubt that we'll see many medium armour players wanting this set. With New Moon as a staple and having consistent stats, and very few players maintaining the attack (vs defence/recover) perspective under 50% health, I'd be surprised to see this outside of VERY niche builds.

Bani’s Torment – Heavy Armor
    2 – Adds 4% Healing Taken
    3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    5 – When you taunt a nearby enemy, you tether to them for 5 seconds. While tethered, you apply Major Maim to your enemy, reducing their damage done by 30%, and you gain Major Vitality, increasing your healing taken by 30%. The tether is broken if the enemy moves 8 meters away from you. This effect can occur once every 14 seconds.

Zero value in PvP outside of a possible troll tank build (and even then, probably not). It's very rare that anyone has a taunt on their bar, and even then staying within 8 meters in any fight just won't happen. The potential as a counter to being bombed if you hit the bomber with the Undaunted ranged taunt is almost there, but 5/14 seconds and the 8 meter range makes the value too low to even consider.

Mother Ciannait – Monster Mask
    1 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    2 – While in combat, casting an ability with a cast time or channeling an ability grants you a damage shield that absorbs 3000 damage for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Considering battle spirit adjustments, a 1500 shield every 10 seconds has zero value. I doubt anyone would use this even if it automatically shielded you after 10 seconds without a cast.

Unhallowed Grave
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – Adds 1487 Spell Penetration
    4 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    5 – Dealing direct damage to an enemy has a 10% chance to place a ghostly curse on your enemy for 6 seconds. Cursed enemies take 530 extra damage from all your damage abilities. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

This has some potential for a DoT build. I can't see anyone other than a MagDK wanting to play with this, and even then the amount of extra damage it'll do will be far less than if said DK was running another high damage oriented set.

Aegis Caller – Medium Armor
    2 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    3 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    4 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – When you deal critical damage with a melee ability, summon a Lesser Aegis for 12 seconds. After 2.5 seconds, the Lesser Aegis spins its blades, dealing 4880 Bleed Damage every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

This has potential. It's a nice idea that balances out the horrible ideas that the creative people had on some of the other sets. Limited testing so far with the Aegis being static will limit it to breach/keep fights. The word "aegis" means shield or protection. I suggest changing the name to something that has more relevance to a spinning bladed thing.

Bug: Aegis Caller doesn't proc from deadly cloak, and it should since it's 6m radius (per Zheg).

Grave Guardian – Heavy Armor
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    5 – Summon a stone aura while blocking, hardening you and your nearby group members, increasing your Physical and Spell Resistance by 4430.

Potentially interesting as another group buff, but with so many others out there this becomes one of those, "yeah, maybe" sets that will never be used. 6.7% extra mitigation is nice at times, especially when you have to eat a bomb, but overall not worth it if you're in a group that is coordinated.

Kjalnar’s Nightmare – Monster Mask
    1 – Adds 129 Spell Damage
    2 – Dealing damage with a Light Attack puts a Bone stack on your enemy for 5 seconds. You can only apply 1 stack every 1 second.At 5 stacks, an undodgeable skeletal hand attacks your enemy after 1 seconds, knocking them into the air and stunning them for 3 seconds, or dealing 14500 Magic Damage if they cannot be stunned. An enemy that has reached 5 stacks cannot gain Bone stacks for 3 seconds.

This has potential. The stun vs magic damage part will render this more challenging to use well, and in the time of applying stacks you could likely get 2 procs of Valkyn, more damage with Zaan, or a boost to your ult with Balorgh. I'd never use this for the stun, and would only use the set if there was a consistent method to ensure that the target would take damage (such as ensuring that they have cc immunity before the 5th stack.

Critical Riposte – Located in Vlasterus
    2 – Adds 424 Critical Resistance
    4 – Adds 424 Critical Resistance
    5 – When you take critical damage, you apply Minor Uncertainty and Minor Enervation to the enemy for 4 seconds, reducing their Physical and Spell Critical by 1314 and reducing their Critical Damage by 10%. An enemy can only be affected by your Critical Riposte once every 7 seconds.

This will only be of any value if it can proc on all opponents at the same time. It seems to only apply to one person at a time, rendering it useless in a group scenario.

Unchained Aggressor – Located in Bruma
    3 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    4 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    4 – Adds 129 Spell Damage
    5 – After Breaking Free, gain Major Berserk for 9 seconds, increasing your damage done by 25%. This effect can occur once every 21 seconds.

If Heem-Jas actually worked the way it was intended, this would never be used. As it is, I find it too situational, enter to bomb and hope that you get cc'ed so you can proc it at the start of the bomb. The 4-set has both weapon and spell damage, with the 2/3 sets being stamina only. I could see one max stam on it to aid in breaking free, but the recovery bonus should be both mag and stam. That would make this a perfect pair with some of the other "works for both mag/stam" sets.

Dauntless Combatant – Located in Cropsford
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    5 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    5 – When you are affected by a disabling effect, you automatically Break Free for no cost. After using this effect, you become winded and cannot retrigger this effect for 21 seconds.

In big fights, people are cc'ed on cooldown. Taking the statistics from the last 10 group vs group fights (minimum 15 people on each side), I was cc'ed every 12 seconds and that's including using the 4.4 second immovable poison on my front bar. There is zero value in this 5-set over the ones being used in (good composition) groups now.
    Edited by Crown on January 21, 2020 5:36PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new craftables in cryodil but find location to be WRONG because your then asking crafters to 1) capture an town in order to craft items 2)get ganked while on an table by the nb's that well be camping them for easy ap

Each of these three sets have properties that make them exclusively PvP oriented sets and as such will be sought out by players who aren't afraid of getting ganked by a NB and are competent enough to kill a few NPC guards.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unchained aggressor is obviously broken, 45% uptime on major berserk for free. Make this 20-25% uptime so it has a shorter burst window, and therefore more counterplay.

As is this is bis for mag and stam pvp.
    Edited by MentalxHammer on January 21, 2020 5:55PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I tried this set out and I like it, but I feel it could use some tweaking.

Either bring up the proc rate to 15-20% or make the extra damage oblivion damage.

The extra damage on dot ticks is good, but with a low proc rate it’s hard to proc even using sweeps. The classes who’d want to use this set probably won’t because the proc rate is low. The debuff is on your target so I assume it’s cleansible which is already a large negative.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 21, 2020 6:15PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *insert obligatory "can't PTS because console but our voices matter" here*

When changes to item sets were announced a while back, I was scared. For better or worse, item sets grant unique abilities that really help me define who my characters are. It's not something I usually worry about because as a follower of the storyteller's meta the sets I use don't tend to be ones that are touched. But this was said to be sweeping, so I got scared. Not only were these fears unwarranted, changes to several sets will actually revive some ideas I had for my existing or future characters that just didn't work when I tried them before. All in all, great job, team! Some highlights -
    • Elfbane is going to be stupid. I have run this set on and off on my ashlander exile, but opted for the much more visually fun Embershield for a while now. He does have a set of Elfbane I played with, because he plays a lot with fire. With this adding a whole 5 seconds duration to most of his abilities, that... well, honestly it feels a bit overpowered. Not for this character - who is a magicka DK using stamina weapons - but some player of this game is going to break it stupid. I'd be careful about this change.
    • I'm not sure what the "numerous issues" with Engine Guardian's cooldown means. Were these issues making it cast too often? Less often than it should? It's a mainstay of my artificer, so I guess we'll see.
    • Molag Kena may be making an appearance on my lightning mage again. I only ever used it briefly, and it probably won't stay on him, but... it's going to happen for a while.
    • MORKULDIN. MORKULDIN. MORKULDIN. I have wanted to run this set since it existed. I even developed a character around it... who I scrapped because the proc condition for this set was garbage. And what did you do? You removed the darned proc chance! OMFGs. This set is SO getting used on my psychopomp, who is a rebooted version of that character. I can't tell you how stupidly excited I am about being able to use this set on her.
    Edited by Starlock on January 21, 2020 9:21PM
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I tried this set out and I like it, but I feel it could use some tweaking.

Either bring up the proc rate to 15-20% or make the extra damage oblivion damage.

The extra damage on dot ticks is good, but with a low proc rate it’s hard to proc even using sweeps. The classes who’d want to use this set probably won’t because the proc rate is low. The debuff is on your target so I assume it’s cleansible which is already a large negative.

I also have tried this set out and agree the proc chance is to low
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have concerns about Unchained Aggressor. 9 seconds is a very long time to have major berserk up and it's tied to an easy condition. Sure it is tied to a condition the user cant necessarily control, but the duration is longer than nearly any other source of major berserk. Personally I think bringing it in line with other Major Berserk sources and dropping the duration to like 5 seconds would be more appropriate
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After some more playing I'll have to adjust my thoughts on Titanborn's Strength set. It's pretty good set but the risk-reward factor keeps it from being real OP. I mean you'd have to get a little too close to execute range to get some real dangerous stats. I mean yeah, you could do a ganker build with Symmetry but that's a pretty big risk.

I see most players sticking with New Moon or Ancient Dragonguard, but this set is certainly not a bad one, nice to have in the fold of stamina sets.