The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Update 25 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    Bani’s Torment – Heavy Armor
    2 – Adds 4% Healing Taken
    3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    5 – When you taunt a nearby enemy, you tether to them for 5 seconds. While tethered, you apply Major Maim to your enemy, reducing their damage done by 30%, and you gain Major Vitality, increasing your healing taken by 30%. The tether is broken if the enemy moves 8 meters away from you. This effect can occur once every 14 seconds.[/i]

Zero value in PvP outside of a possible troll tank build (and even then, probably not). It's very rare that anyone has a taunt on their bar, and even then staying within 8 meters in any fight just won't happen. The potential as a counter to being bombed if you hit the bomber with the Undaunted ranged taunt is almost there, but 5/14 seconds and the 8 meter range makes the value too low to even consider.

I don't know if I would say zero. From the notes alone it seems as though Bani's Torment plus new Vykosa might be the most viable way to run Vanguard's Challenge that there has been yet. As far as I know Vanguard's Challenge is infrequently used, yet it potentially enables an almost non-existent playstyle, being a debuff tank that isn't a defile tank

Edited by Urzigurumash on January 22, 2020 12:21AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new craftables in cryodil but find location to be WRONG because your then asking crafters to 1) capture an town in order to craft items 2)get ganked while on an table by the nb's that well be camping them for easy ap

Each of these three sets have properties that make them exclusively PvP oriented sets and as such will be sought out by players who aren't afraid of getting ganked by a NB and are competent enough to kill a few NPC guards.

True but then again not everyone has their CRAFTING toons set up to PvP
  • CellularAutomaton110
    Not sure if it is the right place for this, but i noticed that although the tooltip of Unstable wall is extended by 5s when using Elf bane set, the skill is actaully only lasting 10s (as would be without the Elf bane set). Thanks.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General Feedback:
    • With Kjalnar's Nightmare, I feel that it should still do damage even if it can stun a foe, because as far as I can see, unless your foe can’t be stunned in any way, it is pretty much not as good compared to other sets like Valkyn Skoria or Nerien’eth.
      If it were to do Half damage on a stunnable target, then I would consider it, as well as removing the 1 second cooldown or at least tone it down to 0.5 seconds and slightly increase the cooldown to compensate:
      • Dealing damage to with a light attack puts a bone stack on your enemy for 5 seconds, you can only apply 1 stack every 0.5 seconds. At 5 stacks, an Undodgeable Skeletal “Fist” attacks your enemy after 1 second, dealing 7250 Magic damage to them, knocking them into the air and stunning them for 3 seconds, the Magic damage is doubled if they cannot be stunned. An enemy that has reached 5 stacks cannot gain bone stacks for 5 seconds.
      This would be more noteworthy in a way, but also, stress testing this in the PTS could yield some comparable results.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • noonesfang13
    noonesfang13
    Soul Shriven
    Aegis Caller has a couple bugs. Someone already mentioned that its won't proc from Blade Cloak but i found it doesn't seem to be flagged as a pet.

-Does not get buffed by Daedric Prey
    -Does not proc resource return from Hunt Leader set

Both Morkuldin and Maw of the Infernal interact with these as though they are pets. All 3 sets use the same verbiage of "summon" in reference to their effect.

On a side note i personally would like to see it not be stationary.
    Edited by noonesfang13 on January 22, 2020 1:05AM
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    BUG

Both monster sets when equipped show both shoulders, not just one. Existing monster sets seem fine.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Draugrkin’s Grip
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – Adds 1487 Spell Penetration
    4 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    5 – Dealing Direct Damage to an enemy has a 10% chance to place a ghostly curse on your enemy for 6 seconds. Cursed enemies take 530 extra damage from all your damage abilities. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

Allow putting curses on different targets and increasing the proc percentage on this set would at least make it interesting.
    Edited by Tanis-Stormbinder on January 22, 2020 12:08PM
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    MORKULDIN. MORKULDIN. MORKULDIN. I have wanted to run this set since it existed. I even developed a character around it... who I scrapped because the proc condition for this set was garbage. And what did you do? You removed the darned proc chance! OMFGs. This set is SO getting used on my psychopomp, who is a rebooted version of that character. I can't tell you how stupidly excited I am about being able to use this set on her.

This all day.
  • bol
    bol
    ✭✭✭
    PVE perspective only:

Aegis Caller – Medium Armor
    2 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    3 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    4 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – When you deal critical damage with a melee ability, summon a Lesser Aegis for 12 seconds. After 2.5 seconds, the Lesser Aegis spins its blades, dealing 4880 Bleed Damage every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Why does stamina need another relequen set? This time with AOE damage as well. This set does near relequen damage and can be used with relequen and increases the power gap between stam and mag dd even further. Mag still can not compete with stam in damage and this is just making it worse. This should probably be a magicka set, since magicka does not have a relequen like set yet and everyone is still running around in VO+leviathan equivalents (yes this is how bad the mag sets are).

Elfbane changes are buffing magDK which is currently the strongest mag dd class. Why is that needed? Maybe the set should be reworked to buff lightning or magic damage. Maybe someone would actually slot a lightning staff then. But it probably would require more buffs than what it currently gives still since flame staff is so over performing lightning for dd at the moment that it would require some massive buff to make lightning staff worth it.

Mother Ciannait – Monster Mask
    1 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    2 – While in combat, casting an ability with a cast time or channeling an ability grants you a damage shield that absorbs 3000 damage for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

I do not see any use for this. It is in all ways inferior to iceheart which gives almost 3 times larger shield every 6s and does damage aswell (let's not forget that). I don't really see how this set could be made useful without completely reworking it, or destroying iceheart, but still there is other defensive sets that are way superior to this. And do we really need another monster set that gives us shield?
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Draugrkin’s Grip set 5th piece bonus should curse the ground around an enemy for 6 seconds any enemies within the curse should take 530 extra damage from all your damage abilities. This would put it on par with the new Aegis Caller set. Of course the extra damage could be adjusted as needed.
    Edited by Tanis-Stormbinder on January 23, 2020 1:47PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unchained Agressor set has way too high uptime on the best offencive buff in the game. Its crazy strong imo.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Unchained Agressor set has way too high uptime on the best offencive buff in the game. Its crazy strong imo.

Let us have nice things for once. Defensive sets and healing is already strong as it is and we need sets that offers strong buffs to damage. Nothing needs to be changed about this set.
    Edited by Qbiken on January 22, 2020 1:37PM
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Opinions from the PvP perspective only.

Hiti’s Hearth – Light Armor
    2 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    5 – When you heal yourself or an ally with an ability, gain a Warming Aura for 10 seconds. While in the Warming Aura, you and group members restore 1020 Health every 1 second and reduce the cost of Sprint, Block, and Roll Dodge by 5%. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds.

This is a nice addition to the three aura sets (increase health, stam cost reduction, mag cost reduction). Rather than making it 10/12 seconds, just make it a consistent aura like the others. One less thing to proc = less calculations = less lag.

If weapon swap actually worked in lag and this could be back-barred, it would have more value as a proc.

Titanborn Strength – Medium Armor
    2 – Adds 1487 Physical Penetration
    3 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – Adds 110 Weapon Damage and 1240 Physical Penetration. This bonus doubles to 220 Weapon Damage and 2480 Physical Penetration when you are under 75% Health. This bonus quadruples to 440 Weapon Damage and 4960 Physical Penetration when you are under 50% Health.

I doubt that we'll see many medium armour players wanting this set. With New Moon as a staple and having consistent stats, and very few players maintaining the attack (vs defence/recover) perspective under 50% health, I'd be surprised to see this outside of VERY niche builds.

2 – Adds 4% Healing Taken
    5 – When you taunt a nearby enemy, you tether to them for 5 seconds. While tethered, you apply Major Maim to your enemy, reducing their damage done by 30%, and you gain Major Vitality, increasing your healing taken by 30%. The tether is broken if the enemy moves 8 meters away from you. This effect can occur once every 14 seconds.

Zero value in PvP outside of a possible troll tank build (and even then, probably not). It's very rare that anyone has a taunt on their bar, and even then staying within 8 meters in any fight just won't happen. The potential as a counter to being bombed if you hit the bomber with the Undaunted ranged taunt is almost there, but 5/14 seconds and the 8 meter range makes the value too low to even consider.

Mother Ciannait – Monster Mask
    1 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    2 – While in combat, casting an ability with a cast time or channeling an ability grants you a damage shield that absorbs 3000 damage for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Considering battle spirit adjustments, a 1500 shield every 10 seconds has zero value. I doubt anyone would use this even if it automatically shielded you after 10 seconds without a cast.

Unhallowed Grave
    Draugrkin’s Grip – Light Armor
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – Adds 1487 Spell Penetration
    4 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    5 – Dealing direct damage to an enemy has a 10% chance to place a ghostly curse on your enemy for 6 seconds. Cursed enemies take 530 extra damage from all your damage abilities. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

This has some potential for a DoT build. I can't see anyone other than a MagDK wanting to play with this, and even then the amount of extra damage it'll do will be far less than if said DK was running another high damage oriented set.

2 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – When you deal critical damage with a melee ability, summon a Lesser Aegis for 12 seconds. After 2.5 seconds, the Lesser Aegis spins its blades, dealing 4880 Bleed Damage every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

This has potential. It's a nice idea that balances out the horrible ideas that the creative people had on some of the other sets. Limited testing so far with the Aegis being static will limit it to breach/keep fights. The word "aegis" means shield or protection. I suggest changing the name to something that has more relevance to a spinning bladed thing.

Bug: Aegis Caller doesn't proc from deadly cloak, and it should since it's 6m radius (per Zheg).

Grave Guardian – Heavy Armor
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    5 – Summon a stone aura while blocking, hardening you and your nearby group members, increasing your Physical and Spell Resistance by 4430.

Potentially interesting as another group buff, but with so many others out there this becomes one of those, "yeah, maybe" sets that will never be used. 6.7% extra mitigation is nice at times, especially when you have to eat a bomb, but overall not worth it if you're in a group that is coordinated.

Kjalnar’s Nightmare – Monster Mask
    1 – Adds 129 Spell Damage
    2 – Dealing damage with a Light Attack puts a Bone stack on your enemy for 5 seconds. You can only apply 1 stack every 1 second.At 5 stacks, an undodgeable skeletal hand attacks your enemy after 1 seconds, knocking them into the air and stunning them for 3 seconds, or dealing 14500 Magic Damage if they cannot be stunned. An enemy that has reached 5 stacks cannot gain Bone stacks for 3 seconds.

This has potential. The stun vs magic damage part will render this more challenging to use well, and in the time of applying stacks you could likely get 2 procs of Valkyn, more damage with Zaan, or a boost to your ult with Balorgh. I'd never use this for the stun, and would only use the set if there was a consistent method to ensure that the target would take damage (such as ensuring that they have cc immunity before the 5th stack.

Critical Riposte – Located in Vlasterus
    2 – Adds 424 Critical Resistance
    4 – Adds 424 Critical Resistance
    5 – When you take critical damage, you apply Minor Uncertainty and Minor Enervation to the enemy for 4 seconds, reducing their Physical and Spell Critical by 1314 and reducing their Critical Damage by 10%. An enemy can only be affected by your Critical Riposte once every 7 seconds.

This will only be of any value if it can proc on all opponents at the same time. It seems to only apply to one person at a time, rendering it useless in a group scenario.

Unchained Aggressor – Located in Bruma
    4 – Adds 129 Spell Damage
    5 – After Breaking Free, gain Major Berserk for 9 seconds, increasing your damage done by 25%. This effect can occur once every 21 seconds.

If Heem-Jas actually worked the way it was intended, this would never be used. As it is, I find it too situational, enter to bomb and hope that you get cc'ed so you can proc it at the start of the bomb. The 4-set has both weapon and spell damage, with the 2/3 sets being stamina only. I could see one max stam on it to aid in breaking free, but the recovery bonus should be both mag and stam. That would make this a perfect pair with some of the other "works for both mag/stam" sets.

Dauntless Combatant – Located in Cropsford
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    5 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    5 – When you are affected by a disabling effect, you automatically Break Free for no cost. After using this effect, you become winded and cannot retrigger this effect for 21 seconds.

In big fights, people are cc'ed on cooldown. Taking the statistics from the last 10 group vs group fights (minimum 15 people on each side), I was cc'ed every 12 seconds and that's including using the 4.4 second immovable poison on my front bar. There is zero value in this 5-set over the ones being used in (good composition) groups now.

Kjalnar’s Nightmare – Monster Mask
    Unchained Aggressor – Located in Bruma
    those sets are broken.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Curse Eater having cooldown per target is a very good addition. It would be nice to give same treatment to Combat Physician. We are moving more and more towards group-buff sets pushing defensive sets aside. We definitely need more defensive support sets. Combat Physician having its cooldown per target just like the new Curse Eater is exactly the support defensive set we need.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 – When you taunt a nearby enemy, you tether to them for 5 seconds. While tethered, you apply Major Maim to your enemy, reducing their damage done by 30%, and you gain Major Vitality, increasing your healing taken by 30%. The tether is broken if the enemy moves 8 meters away from you. This effect can occur once every 14 seconds.[/i]

I don't know if I would say zero. From the notes alone it seems as though Bani's Torment plus new Vykosa might be the most viable way to run Vanguard's Challenge that there has been yet. As far as I know Vanguard's Challenge is infrequently used, yet it potentially enables an almost non-existent playstyle, being a debuff tank that isn't a defile tank

@Urzigurumash Whwn Vanguard came out I tried it for our (min/max) group, and while it was interesting, fights where we were at risk of dying tended to be those where opponents unloaded at least 3-4 ults, if not 5-6. When a ball group is moving consistently, or a few high damage players are surfing a zerg, the likelihood of hitting enough with Inner Fire (Undaunted taunt) to make a difference was minimal - even with the Poindexter addon that gives an arrow to specific players on screen.

It may be a really nice niche build, but the likelihood of it being used effectively (to make a difference in a fight) is very low (if not approaching zero).
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Crown

Yeah it's a nice idea that obviously isn't relevant this live patch compared to defile tanking. My only thought is, generally, if one does want to try it, particularly in BGs, there's no limit to how much Weakening they'd want to stack, and this Bani set and the change to Vykosa provides every class with heretofore unachievable amounts of weakening, since Minor Maim is widely available.

But, as @Deltrox has exemplified, in some PvE groups where Vykosa was being used, it's close to a 1000% nerf. Overall not worth it for the 1 in 10000 players interested in stacking Weakening as high as possible - since obviously no PvE tank is equipping Bani's over Claws / Alkosh / PA.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This could lead to some fun or saltiness but any reason why the crafting stations in cyro are not in safe zones? Nothing says Welcome to Cyrodiil more than getting ganked making a new set I guess?
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new craftables in cryodil but find location to be WRONG because your then asking crafters to 1) capture an town in order to craft items 2)get ganked while on an table by the nb's that well be camping them for easy ap

That's exactly what I thought lol. But honestly, I think only one of those sets "might" be useful anyway. The other 2 didn't scream "CRAFT ME!!" imo.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like some kind of explanation as to why Auroran's Thunder is getting nerfed.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, the Cyrodiil crafting stations AREN'T in the safe zones on the roof by the Transitus shrines??!
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leki’s Focus:
    This set now grants Major Evasion rather than a unique buff.
    Removed the healing reduction from this set.
    Reduced the penalty from Area of Effect damage to 15%, down from 25%.

?
    This set grants Major Evasion than = ok
    15% Reduction from AOE damage = ok

Problem = Major Evasion reduce aoe damage 25% and not 15%
    Edited by The_Saint on January 23, 2020 8:57AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »

Let us have nice things for once. Defensive sets and healing is already strong as it is and we need sets that offers strong buffs to damage. Nothing needs to be changed about this set.

"Nice things" is one thing, but totally overshadowing every other dmg set is another. Why would I ever use another set then Unchained Agressor for dmg. Every other set is meh compared and there is no longer any choice in the matter. (solo 1vX pvp)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bol wrote: »

Why does stamina need another relequen set?

Because giving Stam Sorcs that proc as an Atro Morph would be just too logical.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    The locations where the actual crafting stations are safe from being killed while crafting similar to the Imperial City crafting locations. You will not see enemy alliances inside the crafting areas.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I checked this on the PTS on Monday. If your alliance does not control the town, then you are not allowed inside the armory building where the crafting stations are. Your alliance must control the town to be granted access. Sure, players from other alliances could linger outside the entrance to the armories and prevent players from entering them. However, once you are inside, you are completely safe. All three armories offer a balcony or platform that allows you the ability to leave without being attacked, much like when you use one of the side doors to move between Imperial City districts.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The locations where the actual crafting stations are safe from being killed while crafting similar to the Imperial City crafting locations. You will not see enemy alliances inside the crafting areas.

Correct, they in fact will actually be right outside.

Thank you for the clarification.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on January 23, 2020 2:44PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Unchained Aggressor: I agree with all the concerns in this thread about this set being overpowered but I love the concept of adding counterplay to hard CCs instead of just nerfing every skill with a stun. Might be nice to have a PvP environment where stunning your opponent on cooldown isn't always the most effective tactic...
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried out Draugrkin’s Grip and Scathing Mage at the same time last night with a force pulse rotation and wasn't whelmed in the slightest. It was much less than whelming, kind of disappointing. Scathing had a 56% uptime and I have no idea what Draugrkin was even doing. There was an occasional snap or flash, or perhaps I was having a stroke, but in the end the DPS was awful. Could be the wrong combination of sets, or I dunno.
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on January 23, 2020 3:42PM
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried Draugrkin's Grip with multiple setups, Mothers Sorrow, False God etc... this set is just underwhelming as it is. The single target curse and low proc chance makes it just another trash set. Hope to see some real changes made to it, something like:

The Draugrkin’s Grip 5th piece set bonus should curse the ground around an enemy for 6 seconds any enemies within the curse will take 530 extra damage from all your damage abilities. This would put it on par with the new Aegis Caller set. The extra damage could be adjusted as needed.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Correct, they in fact will actually be right outside.

Thank you for the clarification.

Whoever's willing to camp the longest will secure the town once the other alliance team has to go for a bio break I guess.
    I bet you can run to a Crafting Zone and queue your way into the IC Alliance safe zone.
    Too bad it's not in the IC so you can keep your Tel Var safe.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on January 23, 2020 10:33PM